The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Love the HC. Just the way it is

4 posters

Go down

I Love the HC. Just the way it is Empty I Love the HC. Just the way it is

Post by ME-109 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:09 pm

The post below from 'the goon' to me encapsulates everything about the HC and why it is important for it to stay in the form it currently holds.

I love the HC because it is the best competition in the world as it is. It is the one opportunity to annoy lots of Ladyboys, Welsh people, Ulster folk. And then everyone gangs up on the sassers, supports Connacht and the Italian teams and wonder at Toulouse and Clermont and then laugh at how they lose games they should have won. On top of that we all feel sorry for the Scots...

Do people really want to ruin that and have a sterile competition ala soccer with the same teams winning every year..God forbid...

it means so much to me that I could even stomach leinster winning it a couple of more times if it stayed as is ( its ok they won't)..

post from the goon

Beshocked, you just don't get it do you. What you want will turn rugby into into football. Soulless, international game dead in the water, and only a handful of clubs with all the cash and success. If you want that, fine, then we have a fundemental difference how we want rugby to develop. I guess you don't care as your club has a suger daddy that can shell out for the best talent. It really is quite pathetic, almost as pathetic as English clubs complaining about "fairness" when they stop winning.

Do you care that Italy and Scotland may regress and become 2 semi pro teams that won't get within 50 points of the big 5? Or that 2nd tier teams (Georgia, Russia, Fiji, Samoa) will never be able to field a full strength team because of club commitments? How do you not see that is the road PRL is leading you down?

ME-109

Back to top Go down

I Love the HC. Just the way it is Empty Re: I Love the HC. Just the way it is

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:26 pm

How do you feel about the Amlin?

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:37 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:How do you feel about the Amlin?
its like the second child. Everyone loves it too but doesn't feel it will do as good as the first

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:00 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:How do you feel about the Amlin?
its like the second child. Everyone loves it too but doesn't feel it will do as good as the first
and yet to about half the english and french teams, and their fans, it's more important than HC at the pool stages.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:03 am

I don't think most people (certainly from the unions involved in the Pro12) could give a Poopie about the CC. When all this is being discussed it's all about the HEC, qualification for the HEC, numbers for the HEC, money from the HEC. One thing people don't seem to realise is this is all about the CC. A few of the English and French clubs will almost certainly be in the CC. About 70% could easily be in it any year. So the majority of the voters of the PRL.

This isn't about giving the PRL more for the HEC. It's about giving them more for the CC, which gives the more over all. It also means missing out on the HEC isn't (as much of) a loss, certainly in finances.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:00 pm

Those that participate in the Challenge Cup care very deeply what happens in it and to it.

If you combine all fans of all RP12 teams into one group then there are a lot less whose teams have played in the competition than ones who's teams have not.

It is predominantly a Premiership and Top14 involved competition.

If there were less RP12 teams in the HEC and more in the CC then more would be involved in discussing its shortfalls.

There is no reason involving anyone else that the PRL decides to divvy the money from European Competitions up equally between all their member clubs

It is not our concern how the PRL do any of their accounting and certainly not our concern that you feel it is unfair in your own country.

It is not a point for discussion as it is nothing whatsoever to do with other nations.

It is also not a point for asking for more money as two nations already take such a huge share of the pot.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:13 pm

Yes, it's predominately English and French competition that is controlled by those with little interest. That's the problem. Hence their solution...completely nullify the pool stages by parachuting the failing runners-up. That just gives their teams more chance to win something.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down