The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

County Championship Transfers...

+12
packofwolves
freemo
GSC
Bathite
jimbohammers
Good Golly I'm Olly
Mat
Corporalhumblebucket
SimonofSurrey
JDizzle
guildfordbat
Shelsey93
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

County Championship Transfers... - Page 2 Empty County Championship Transfers...

Post by jimbohammers Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:41 am

First topic message reminder :

Jos Buttler looks like he is joining Lancashire, interesting one that! Matt Coles has signed for Hampshire after impressing in a loan spell. Hampshire also look set to sign Will Smith, who has been recently released from Durham.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

County Championship Transfers... - Page 2 Empty Re: County Championship Transfers...

Post by jimbohammers Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:34 pm

James Vince made vice captain at Hampshire, good move! (keeps him here longer)

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

County Championship Transfers... - Page 2 Empty Re: County Championship Transfers...

Post by Guest Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:45 pm

suprised many...im not sure im that suprised..I don't think Adams is entirely 100% happy with keeping the captaincy, and IMO Vince could well be captain by the end of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:58 pm

Many thought Will Smith would assist Jimmy Adams, as he was captain at Durham. Happy that Vince has got the opportunity thought, big season for him. We really have to get promoted this year.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:36 am

Interested to see how your teams will line up this season. Guildford, Corporal, what would your surrey team be? Olly? Mat (Worcestershire, I think?), CF, Essex?

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:44 am

Jimbo - great minds and all that!  Smile  I actually posted a little earlier today the team that we might choose for the first CC match on the Surrey thread.

You also have to tell us your's.  Wink 

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:46 am

Ah I don't follow any of the major county sides Jimbo, a Norfolk fan here!

Our side will be determined by form as per usual, so hard to tell at the minute
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Guildford ... great minds... Shocked Whistle 

I think we will be:

Carberry
Adams
Smith
Dawson
Vince
Ervine
Wheater
Coles
Briggs
Abbott
Tomlinson

With Gatting, Bates, Balcombe, Brathwaite as back up/rotation.

If Carbs gets called up to England again, then Dawson will probably go up to open.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 pm

jimbohammers wrote:Guildford ... great minds... Shocked Whistle 

I think we will be:

Carberry
Adams
Smith
Dawson
Vince
Ervine
Wheater
Coles
Briggs
Abbott
Tomlinson

With Gatting, Bates, Balcombe, Brathwaite as back up/rotation.

If Carbs gets called up to England again, then Dawson will probably go up to open.

Ok, Jimbo - I should have said similar minds!  Wink 

Your suggested XI certainly looks useful. Just wonder if you might need another batsman in the squad. Based on his form down at Sussex, I wouldn't be hopeful of Gatting coming in and getting too many if Carbs gets called up by England and/or you lose another batter to injury.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Fair point Guildford, think we bat quite deep, Coles has shown he can do a job and Briggs's batting is certainly improving, we also have Chris Wood, but he is injured at the moment.

We have Sean Terry, who did an ok job, towards the end of last season. He is an opening batsmen.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:19 pm

Jackson Bird out for the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:34 am

Sorry Jimbo, only just seen your question. And unfortunately, not a clue what our side will be at the moment. A lot depends on Moeen's availability, if he isn't around, our batting looks very weak and our bowling very reliant on Ajmal. I guess something like;

Mitchell(C)
Pardoe
Moeen
Kervezee
Fell
Whiteley
Cox(wk)
Andrew
Shantry
Morris/Russell/Cessford(All much of a muchness)
Ajmal

Wouldn't be surprised to see the two England U19 boys get a chance at some point, particularly Clarke if Cox doesn't find some form early doors.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:36 am

Northants are after Rory Kleividnelt to replace the injured Jackson Bird

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:52 pm

Mat wrote:Sorry Jimbo, only just seen your question. And unfortunately, not a clue what our side will be at the moment. A lot depends on Moeen's availability, if he isn't around, our batting looks very weak and our bowling very reliant on Ajmal. I guess something like;

Mitchell(C)
Pardoe
Moeen
Kervezee
Fell
Whiteley
Cox(wk)
Andrew
Shantry
Morris/Russell/Cessford(All much of a muchness)
Ajmal

Wouldn't be surprised to see the two England U19 boys get a chance at some point, particularly Clarke if Cox doesn't find some form early doors.  

Mat - genuinely wish you and your boys all the best but fear it could be a tough struggle this season. Along with Alan Richardson, I see that David Lucas has also retired. Whilst he was never in the class of Rico, he was an exprienced foot soldier I feel you could particularly do with now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Guildford-I'm resigned to this season being a struggle, in all formats, unfortunately. Losing Richo was a hammer-blow, and the only real hope we have is if some of our younger players really step-up. Kohler-Cadmore was given his debut today in place of Fell, who I am quite a big fan of as well. There's some talent here, but we have a real lack of experience.

However, not sure Lucas would have really addressed that. He never really did anything for us, I think Bumpy was hoping he'd be another Richardson-type signing but it just never came off in the way either expected. Would rather a younger lad got the chance instead of him.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:05 pm

Mat - well, at least your season is underway and you have a bonus point within the first 9 overs!  thumbsup 

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:19 pm

The great Kumar Sangakkra will play 2-3 4 day games for Durham in prep of the tour against england.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:31 pm

Worcs bring in New Zealand Batsman Colin Munro for the T20's, and Mitchell McCleanaghan(sp) for three T20's, three first class games and all the one day games to cover for Ajmal who will be playing in the CPL(I think that's what it called)

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:44 pm

Kent have re-signed Robbie Joseph on a 2 year deal

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Bathite wrote:Kent have re-signed Robbie Joseph on a 2 year deal

Seems a slightly surprising and rather backward signing. Joseph's never really come off before and I'm not aware of him having particularly improved since his earlier time at Kent. That said, good luck to him.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Both Clarke and Barnard played in at least one of the warm up games for Worcs, so I would be shocked if neither of them received any playing time this year. As, with all respect to Worcs, the chances of them still having live games in all three formats come the middle/end of the year is slim! Good luck to Clarke if he gets the chance to keep to Ajmal too, what an experience that would be.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Rory Kleinveldt has now dropped out of the deal he signed with Northants earlier in the week after CSA decided he needed to rest his knee. Rotten luck for Northants.

I'm slightly surprised that Joseph has got a third go. At Leicestershire he started well but soon started to go backwards, allegedly in part because of a bad attitude. Kent have clearly decided they need an extra seamer with some experience but there are better options than Joseph out there in my opinion if that is what they want (Corey Collymore, Gemaal Hussain, Amjad Khan when fit).

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:18 pm

JDizzle wrote:Both Clarke and Barnard played in at least one of the warm up games for Worcs, so I would be shocked if neither of them received any playing time this year. As, with all respect to Worcs, the chances of them still having live games in all three formats come the middle/end of the year is slim! Good luck to Clarke if he gets the chance to keep to Ajmal too, what an experience that would be.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Clarke at some point. Cox still flattering to deceive as a keeper/batsman in the first class stuff at least, he's a more than capable lower-order batsman in 50 over/T20 cricket.

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:49 pm

Mat wrote:
JDizzle wrote:Both Clarke and Barnard played in at least one of the warm up games for Worcs, so I would be shocked if neither of them received any playing time this year. As, with all respect to Worcs, the chances of them still having live games in all three formats come the middle/end of the year is slim! Good luck to Clarke if he gets the chance to keep to Ajmal too, what an experience that would be.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Clarke at some point. Cox still flattering to deceive as a keeper/batsman in the first class stuff at least, he's a more than capable lower-order batsman in 50 over/T20 cricket.

Cox records his highest ever first class score today. Always said he was a good player...

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:18 pm

Essex have signed Jesse Ryder Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri May 02, 2014 3:28 pm

Alex Hales has moved on loan to Worcestershire, for Championship cricket only. A decision that clearly suits both parties but I still don't really like the idea of somebody playing for one county from Sunday to Wednesday and another on an Friday evening...

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri May 02, 2014 4:51 pm

I do!  Laugh 

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri May 02, 2014 4:57 pm

Probably less so when you see him bat in the longer format haha
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri May 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Have to agree with Shelsey on Hales.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Fri May 02, 2014 5:04 pm

To be honest, I don't really understand it. I thought Moeen was only away for one game anyway? Unless this is an indication he's going to be spending more time with England than expected?

Mat
6CW Creative

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri May 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Mat wrote:To be honest, I don't really understand it. I thought Moeen was only away for one game anyway? Unless this is an indication he's going to be spending more time with England than expected?

He misses next week. He should be back the week after, if Worcs have a game that week, but will then probably be in the SL ODI squad (given that it is only one game v Scotland it will surely be the same squad, except perhaps the additions of Stokes and Broad if fit, and additional bowling cover if not).

Though the press release suggests that he's cover for Ali I'm sure Worcs will be delighted to have him anyway given their thin squad.

----

Glamorgan have moved to sign Tom Lancefield on a one-year deal, and have brought in Tom Helm on a month's loan from Middlesex. I'm very pleased that both players should get an opportunity to play first XI cricket.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri May 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Shelsey93 wrote:
----

Glamorgan have moved to sign Tom Lancefield on a one-year deal, and have brought in Tom Helm on a month's loan from Middlesex. I'm very pleased that both players should get an opportunity to play first XI cricket.

Strongly agree. Lancefield was harshly shown the door by Surrey in 2012 and has fought hard to win a new start. Helm looked a decent prospect when I saw him in a seconds match at Guildford last summer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelsey93 Fri May 02, 2014 7:41 pm

Continuing the theme of the day, Essex have brought in Oliver Newby from Lancashire on loan. They have also registered Tanveer Sikander, who has played some FC cricket in Pakistan and plays for Herts in the Minor Counties.

Shelsey93

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:41 am

Sadly Essex have announced they will be releasing Ben Foakes Sad Two highly promising wicket keeper batsman now would have left in the space of a couple of seasons..

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:37 pm

As Will Gidman seals a move to Nottinghamshire I'm already looking forward to him making his debut in the third ashes test next summer with England 1-0 and him single handedly leading us to ashes glory #gidmanforengland
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:16 am

Foakes moves to Surrey.  Does that suggest Davies will give up wicket keeping permanently and/or that he will move on?

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:34 am

As soon as the end of season transfer season seems to get into full swing Scott Borthwick suddenly bowls 30 odd overs in a day for Durham. A little late to satisfy his and England's desires for a frontline spinning role?

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

County Championship Transfers... - Page 2 Empty Changes likely at The Middle.

Post by LOVERBOY Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 pm

Middlesexs disappointing season is likely to see the departure of a few from Lords,and some new faces coming in.MOD Gus Fraser is under increasing pressure to bring some much needed success to The County and with the impending loss of Adam Rossington to Northants and the possible move of Joe Denly back to his former county Kent,replacements are required and Gus is looking currently at Leicestershire Keeper/Batsman Ned Eckersley struggling to secure  a first team at Spot at Grace Road,whilst exciting Warwickshire and ex-Surrey batter Laurie Evans is another out of contract and looking for a move.Bowlers James Harris and Ollie Rayner have had disastrous seasons and their futures must be in doubt.Yorkshire spinner Azeem Rafiq is another whom should be on the radar.

Last edited by LOVERBOY on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaboration)

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:29 am

Looks like Hampshire are bringing back Imran Tahir for the last 2 championship games

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

LOVERBOY wrote:Middlesexs disappointing season is likely to see the departure of a few from Lords,and some new faces coming in.MOD Gus Fraser is under increasing pressure to bring some much needed success to The County and with the impending loss of Adam Rossington to Northants and the possible move of Joe Denly back to his former county Kent,replacements are required and Gus is looking currently at Leicestershire Keeper/Batsman Ned Eckersley struggling to secure  a first team at Spot at Grace Road,whilst exciting Warwickshire and ex-Surrey batter Laurie Evans is another out of contract and looking for a move.Bowlers James Harris and Ollie Rayner have had disastrous seasons and their futures must be in doubt.Yorkshire spinner Azeem Rafiq is another whom should be on the radar.

Interesting post. Would like to read similar posts on other counties if anyone else has heard any rumours or speculation.  Equally if any followers of other counties could post a list of who they believe to be out of contract at the end of this season it would be good.

I know it's not always easy to keep track of that information but as far as I can tell the players not under contract for next season at Surrey are Solanki, Pietersen and youngsters Edwards, van den Bergh and Winslade. The length of contract signed by Aneesh Kapil near the start of the season has never been made public as far as I know so he could be another one or he could have a year more.

Back to the Middlesex situation - are Harris and Rayner out of contract this year ?   If so Harris back to the SWALEC full time must be a strong possibility. Never seemed to me to ever get going at Middlesex - really surprised he made some white ball squads with England in the last year or so.  I've always had a lot of time for Ollie Rayner - should be a place for him somewhere on the circuit despite a disappointing season.

A couple of developments since Loverboy's post that people may or may not have seen - Laurie Evans has now signed a new contract at Warwickshire and I saw today on the Express website that 'there are no plans to bring Joe Denly back to the St Lawrence Ground. The former England batsman, 28, has spent three years at Middlesex after quitting Kent in 2011. Denly is under contract at Middlesex until 2015 but had been linked with a return'

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Beehive - apologies if I've missed any update (as you say, not always easy to keep track) but I believe Tim Linley is on a two-year contract which is up at the end of this season.

Also unsure about the contractual position with Steve Davies. If nothing else, I would expect the club to want to renegotiate (lower) terms as a result of him jacking in keeping.

Jimbo - I would expect Imran Tahir to be a very good short term signing. He cops a lot of stick on the international threads here but he's a proven performer at CC level.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Voice of the Beehive Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks for replying guildford. I happen to know that Davies has another year on his contract but it's an interesting point about the contract being on the basis of him keeping wicket. My gut feeling is that Surrey would like him to at least see out his contract but might agree to release him from the last year of his deal if he would be happier returning to Worcestershire as one or two people I've spoken to have speculated.

Meanwhile the Viscount is OK for at least one more year.

http://www.kiaoval.com/trio-pen-new-deals/

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 pm

Thanks, Beehive. I had forgotten or missed that update about the Viscount. Notwithstanding his understandable near folk hero status, I suspect he will though need to improve on recent performances if his contract is to be extended beyond 2015.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Good memories of Tahir at Hampshire, Guildford. Seems a strange choice though. We had Kyle Abbott for most of the season, a tall fast bowler who got lots of wickets. Assumed we would try for a 'like for like' replacement.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm

Jimbo - understand your comments about Abbott although traditionally top spinners come into their own in the closing weeks of the season. Particularly recall Surrey signing Ojah late in 2011 who immediately spun us to promotion. There's therefore probably some merit in counties signing different overseas players for the start and end of the season - if they can be found and afforded!

Mind you, the weather now being more like autumn than summer won't exactly help any spinner.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by freemo Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:23 pm

Essex sign Jesse Ryder for an extra 2 years Very Happy Very Happy

freemo

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Keeper Michael Bates and seamer Dave Balcombe released by Hants.

It will be nothing short of a cricketing tragedy if Bates isn't picked up by another county. Already one of the best keepers in the country and with the potential to get better still but second choice to Adam Wheater due to the latter's stronger batting.

I understand that Hants offered Balcombe a one year deal but weren't prepared to up it as he wanted due to his injury record. No way found round the resulting impasse. Surrey have previously been reported as interested but I suspect that would only be as cover and so don't see him getting more than a one year contract there either at best.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:09 pm

Where did you hear that Guildford? Would be so disappointed if that is the case. Massive fan of Michael Bates.

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi Jimbo - thought you would be concerned.

I first heard it yesterday from a mate who normally knows his stuff. Although there's nothing on your club website (as you almost certainly know), it's being reported online in several local papers, particularly Southern Daily Echo and Hampshire Chronicle. Can't attach on this old device but just google "Michael Bates released" and you'll get taken to one of the articles.

Many apologies if I've given you a wrong steer. I still hope it doesn't turn out to be right but there does seem to be too much smoke already for there not to be fire.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:12 pm

Thanks for the reply Guildford. You're right, nothing on the website yet. Im sure something will be announced over the next few days. I won't be alone in being very disappointed!

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:07 pm

You were right Guildford thumbsdown

Also Balcombe joining Surrey is a strange one

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next