The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK

+4
mobilemaster8
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
KingMonkey
AlexHuckerby
8 posters

Go down

Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK Empty Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:15 am

Personally, I like Eddie Hearn, there genuinely is an improvement in British Boxing as of late, there has been higher viewing figures, better fights, and clearly recently Sky Sports are getting back into showing the big International Fights like in the past couple of weeks like Stevenson/Cloud (Of course one of the main reasons they were showing it was down to Bellew fighting the winner.) Cotto Vs. Rodriguez, a fight they didn't have to show, and this weekend coming up a very tasty fight with Marquez and Bradley. This basically shows that Eddie is delivering what Sky want and shows that it is genuinely working with more people getting interested in boxing again, thus Sky beginning to put more money into the sport again.

I don't wanna get into a nuthugging post for #FastCar, however he looks to be delivering, the reason I'm setting all of this up is due to the generally BIG statements that Eddie has been making in regards to Kells next fight after Senchenko (Providing Kell gets through this).

I know that 90% of you are unreasonable when it has come to the speed that Kells career has moved at, however, obviously messed around a fair bit with Warren which stopped his career progressing. Then moved to Matchroom who had a genuine plan for him, who built a good following for him in Sheffield, got him an eliminator, got messed about with the IBF for another eliminator, got his shot against Alexander, had to pull out with injuries, it all wreaks of being unlucky in my view, obviously most of you are going to moan he isnt fighting for a world title just yet but Senchenko is of course his best opponent to date and after losing his shot for a world title it was unlikely he was going to get another one straight away.

Anywho, most of you like to brush over all that and have a moan about him not fighting anyone.

Ok, one more thing in terms of Eddie's general credibility, most of the things he says, he does. Things obviously happen that are out of peoples control, he can't help everything, but I guess he got Bute to Nottingham, Kessler to the UK etc. I know people love to get these contradictions up, Reborns absolute favourite "Scott Quigg needs Carl Frampton" and now Quigg is promoted by Eddie its "Carl Frampton needs Scott Quigg". However, in his defence things in boxing change very quickly, leaving what was said a few months back totally redundant and now things have changed so drastically you can take it a little out of context nad it sounds like a complete contradiction. When he said that Quigg needed Frampton he was correct. Frampton had just sold out the Odyssey and had won the European title, whilst Quigg had no TV Broadcaster and was sat with Ricky twiddling his thumbs. Frampton obviously ended up leaving Eddie and Eddie signed Quigg, now this means that Quigg is a fighter on Sky TV, has regular fights laid out, has a better platform than what Frampton does now and was angling towards a world title shot, especially now that Quigg holds a title, Frampton does indeed need Quigg more than Quigg needs Frampton.

So now hopefully I've cleared up that he generally talks sense if you look into what he's saying and the timeframe he is saying it, he's pretty correct in most of his statements. Giving him a fair bit of credibility for the next thing I'm about to say, this sets up my next thing that I'm saying about the opponents Eddie has laid out for Brook.

Eddie has been talking about bringing Broner over to the UK as a realistic target in 2014. Of course the fight would have to be PPV to warrant bringing him over, as there simply isn't enough money in it to not have him over without. What do you think of that would it be big enough to warrant PPV in your opinion? He has mentioned other names, like Khan but has said of course with him potentially getting Mayweather its unlikely that will happen just yet. Alexander is the likely option next, of course Brook will again be his Mandatory once again. This of course means that it won't be a voluntary defence, which means no options etc. Rematch clauses blah blah, which is generally what Eddie goes for because it means you aren't tied down etc.

What you all think? I'm an Eddie nuthugger or think this is realistic, or is Kell simply a bum that hasn't fought any one lines gonna fly out again?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK Empty Re: Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:44 am

Brook isn't a big enough name to warrant ppv any time soon. Just look at what Froch had to achieve before that happened.

Broner would be a huge fight but unless it shares the card with something else huge (doubtful) I can't see enough casuals buying it. Could be wrong of course, Broner could sell it with his dislikable attitude but I don't see it working over here until Kell's profile goes up a fair bit.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK Empty Re: Hearns' Massive Talk For Brooks Future, Broner To The UK

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:49 am

Think Brook is a decent name over here, but Broner will sell like Kelly Brooks breasts. Remember what happened when Degale and Groves started a little bit of trash talk, amplify that with how much of a prat Broner is, add to the fact it would be for a world title, add to the fact that both are clearly very talented boys, i ends up selling very nicely over here in my opinion. It would have a top build up with Broner getting on everyones jubblies over here in Britain, and people love a nice local Sheffield lad underdog, think it would be big.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:00 am

Yeah, a fair point re Groves-Degale. Whack Broner on Sky Sports News a few times and most of the country would want his face caved in. I just think Brook needs somethingother than Senchenko first.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 10 Oct 2013, 7:32 am

"Add to the fact it would be for a world title"

Bit apparanty that world title doesn't count because it was won off Paulie
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 8:34 am

And also only one is "very" talented whilst the other is a hype job.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:02 am

Brook needs another super semi, quarter, upside down, turn it around, final eliminator. He is still the hottest prospect in the world.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:04 am

Depends on what you classify as a "Hype job". They are both clearly very talented, Brook has proven himself to be well above domestic and European honours which is a fantastic achievement in its own right, and looks as though he could do genuine business at world level.

Broner is already a 3 weight champ and hasn't got out of second gear, though the opponents haven't been great he was the number 1 in two divisions the demolition job on DeMarco was terrific.

Belittle these achievements all you like and cry hype job at either men, due to them both not quite being Floyd, but can you honestly hand on heart look at either man and say they are useless?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:06 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Brook needs another super semi, quarter, upside down, turn it around, final eliminator. He is still the hottest prospect in the world.
He got a world title fight with mandatory status, he got injured was unlucky, is rebuilding back up to another one.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:13 am

I can with Brook. Struggled with Carson jones first time round then couldn't be bothered (near enough in his own words) making the right weight in the rematch because he "didn't have to"

He seems to lack any real discipline in order to achieve at the highest level.

He beat Matthew Hatton who is roughly around euro level as is senchenko.

But surely this guy, with how amazing he is, should be blowing these guys away (ie Carson jones,senchenko).

Amir Khan was fighting for world titles at an earlier stage by far for example.

I just don't think we will see him reach the top, unless he grabs one of the EHWC belts (Eddie Hearn World Champion) also known as the WBA........see Quigg for details.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:30 am

Carson Jones on his night probably gives most a fair fight, Senchenko included. Berto, Soto-Karass, Maidana and Khan are names that are considered World class but would have a genuine fight on there hands with them.

Khan was fighting for titles earlier... So every career must go that way...? You know Hagler had like 50 fights before World titles, Bowe had something like 30 or so, were they hype jobs because they didnt get a world title early?

He would have fought for a world title sooner if he didn't get injured and if Warren developed him properly.

Its the typical problem with certain fans, everyones a hype job if they haven't proved themselves at world level.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:44 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"Add to the fact it would be for a world title"

Hi Truss!

I think the point with that was that the performance was not impressive, even if the win itself was, and that singular result to take a paper belt off the weakest champ is insufficient to consider him 'the man' at the weight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:54 am

I just don't like Kell Brook & all the hype that surrounds him. He's been on the fringe of a world title for so long now; when are we actually going to see his potential realised? He IS talented but in my opinion he thinks he is FAR better than he actually is.

And to practically admit to "not being bothered" to make weight is just atrocious for a so-called world level fighter. He's really going to have to raise his game to impress me now. That said, Broner don't impress me much either...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 10 Oct 2013, 9:57 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:"Add to the fact it would be for a world title"

Hi Truss!

I think the point with that was that the performance was not impressive, even if the win itself was, and that singular result to take a paper belt off the weakest champ is insufficient to consider him 'the man' at the weight.
Sad 
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:01 am

Its not that he hasn't fought at World Level that makes me think he is a hype job, i just think that based on his performances against standard operators, makes me think he is over rated and a hype job.

I see Alexander, Khan, Broner, Malignaggi, Maidana all beating him with something to spare.

Especially Maidana as he looked Poopie against a pressure fighter when Jones turned it on.

Against a boxer he will struggle too. Seems too flat footed for me, had decent power but once he gets tagged he does not know what's going on and looks garbage.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

I suppose only time will tell Mobile, but personally cannot say a guy breezed through domestic and European level fights is rubbish. You need something a little special to do that.

Regarding the rematch with Jones they chose to go to a catchweight due to it being possible Brook would reinjure himself around that time pushing to make 147 and didnt want to risk it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:10 am

The UK is not ready, nor will it ever be, for Adrian/ghetto fab/blingtastic Broner. We just don't ''get it''. I can't imagine Broner interviewed on This Morning by Holly and Phil as being anything but car crash telly it won't happen.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:13 am

Haha it'll be like when David Blaine tried to be all dark and mysterious.

Holmes was just like, "Whatever mate, that's nice."

Classic British deference and short-shrift attitude.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:20 am

Philip: Morning everyone, today we are joined by boxing superstar Adrian Broner who takes on are very own Ricky Burns. So Adrian how is your preparations going?

Broner: You know, I just want Burns to know, you know, I'm here to f**k him up, you know AB all day every day you know

Holly: Erm you can't say that here.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:23 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Philip: Morning everyone, today we are joined by boxing superstar Adrian Broner who takes on are very own Ricky Burns. So Adrian how is your preparations going?

Broner: You know, I just want Burns to know, you know, I'm here to f**k him up, you know AB all day every day you know

I don't care s*** biatch - get dem pups on show.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

Mr Bounce wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Philip: Morning everyone, today we are joined by boxing superstar Adrian Broner who takes on are very own Ricky Burns. So Adrian how is your preparations going?

Philip: We would like to sincerely apologize for the language of Mr Broner here today...

Broner: You know, (chewing) AB abusing Burns (chewing) you know whatever you know..

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:37 am

Mr Bounce wrote:

They are marvellous pups tho....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:47 am

This thread hasn't really gone the way I hoped.

Unless someone is actually going to showcase Hollys pups.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:35 am

I agree with the vast majority of your post Alex, but then I would given I have already been labelled a Eddie Nuthugger!

As with anyone in this game he can be accused of changing his station to suit his stance (given his job is promoting I challenge anyone to do the work & not). Yet as you mentioned if you look at the vast majority of his statements they do stand up when put into context and not just filtered down to one sentence with nothing else taken into consideration.

One example is when he sends over the likes of Rees & Purdy to the states and to a degree Barker's defence against Sturm in Germany (which some are already spinning negatively); many posters criticise Eddie and say he sends his fighters to the wolves in order to line his own pocket...forgetting that A) he asks his fighters if they want the fight B) Has got the likes of Purdy, Rees, & Barker the biggest purses of their careers C) Brought over Kesslert & Bute for Froch; Got Barker a fight with Geale (the title holder) in neutral territory

Onto your other and main point; Would Broner come to the UK and is a fight with Brook PPV Worthy....

Difficult one, Broner would certainly believe himself to be PPV worthy and Goldenboy will flog him as that without a doubt. As you allude to I think that it would have to go PPV to raise the money to get this fight over here....

Although in saying that, given Schaefer & Oscar's wish to put on a show here in the UK and get their foot through the door they could well go out of their way to ensure this goes ahead without PPV here purely in order to ensure good viewing figures on their first outing.

If it was PPV, Eddie would have to stack the undercard because he would just be coming off two PPV dates with Froch (Nov) and Haye (Feb) ....he certainly has enough fighters to ensure people who will slam him for throwing yet another PPV on could not beat him with the brush for not providing value for money...

Something like a Quigg v Frampton/Barker v Macklin as support act would not be a bad call.

Finally on to Brook himself. 'Frustrating' is the word I would use for him and his career to date. I do think he tends to talk a little to much given he has done nothing in the grand scheme of things. Whilst he may have cleaned up at Domestic and European Level (he hasn't if you take Khan into consideration) he talks as if he is well above that station and as yet he hasn't proved that is the case. Whilst injuries and some bad fortune has played it's part I think people are a little less forgiving with him because he does come across as lacking the dedication to the sport. I don't recall any interview with him where I haven't sat and thought 'is he taking this sport & his career seriously enough'. I wouldn't call him a hype job....a term which annoyingly is thrown around all to often these days...because lets face it, he has yet to be exposed so to claim he is over hyped is nonsense at this stage regardless!

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 11:38 am

Inverted nipples apparently. Or is that Cat Deeley....?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:42 pm

Well that certainly killed it........

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down