The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live

+4
Strongback
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
8 posters

Go down

Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live Empty Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:01 am

Porter and Brook battle it out in just over a weeks time, and as the time passes both of them are using the same gym in Vegas to prepare for one another. Whilst Kell has been doing his workouts, literally 15 feet away from him, Shawn Porter is in the ring sparring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu5uu5S81lw

Have honestly never heard of this happening actually...

Does this have any bearing on the fight? Probably not, but felt like it was a little newsworthy and a bit of a discussion point.

Will this show any tactics that Porter will be bringing to this fight, will this show Brook that he is in too deep and make him not believe? Or the opposite and make him think, "This guy ain't so fluffin' tough"? Lotta questions that could be thrown out there, lotta answers, very little of it probably maters as Kell is obviously gonna spark Porter within 15 seconds of the first round and become an international superstar, right?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live Empty Re: Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:19 pm

No one is going to change strategy a week before the fight and sparring form means diddly as Froch-Groves showed.....

Can't see any advantage good or bad...One fighter has the confidence of an unbeaten fighter...The other the confidence of a Champion..

Can't wait !!!...50-50 fight..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live Empty Re: Brooks Team Watches Porter Spar Live

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 09 Aug 2014, 2:08 pm

I find it strange, to say the least. I'd put it down as an intimidation thing as Porter's sparring partner was twice the size of Brook. As Truss says, what you see in sparring shouldn't be read to much into (Eubank Jr Froch), I just find the entire episode a bit weird.

Porter clearly doesn't think Brook is up to much and Brook is supremely motivated, 100% going there to win. Problem is, based on his back catalogue I have no idea how good Brook really is. Can't wait to find out.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 09 Aug 2014, 2:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one is going to change strategy a week before the fight and sparring form means diddly as Froch-Groves showed.....

Can't see any advantage good or bad...One fighter has the confidence of an unbeaten fighter...The other the confidence of a Champion..

Can't wait !!!...50-50 fight..

Its never too late to change. In saying that it's sparring for the media so Porter won't be showing any kind of tactics.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 5:09 pm

Bollox...A week to go the fight..Sparring finishing..You are where you are...Can't change tactics now It will confuse your Man..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 09 Aug 2014, 5:34 pm

Aye but has porter seen Brook spar with Jabby?? That's the big question. Lol oj Jabster ;-)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm

Brook only sparred with Jabby in moderation I believe .....Mainly because when ever anybody has a pop at Jabby it ends in moderation !!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 09 Aug 2014, 8:32 pm

Has anyone ever actually heard of this happening before though? And how much confidence does it show in Team Porter's camp that they would allow this?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 9:22 pm

To be fair Alex, never heard of it before. It just seems a bit strange. Given Porter won't be in full flight in his sparring for obvious reasons....but still.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 09 Aug 2014, 10:05 pm

I dunno, it was pretty hard going sparring a lot of give and take from the looks of it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 10 Aug 2014, 2:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bollox...A week to go the fight..Sparring finishing..You are where you are...Can't change tactics now It will confuse your Man..

Top fighters can adapt during the course of a fight never mind a week before it. It's never too late to pick up a trick and add it to the game plan. If a fighter goes in with too rigid a plan and mindset they are in a world of trouble if the plan doesn't work. Adaptability is a major key to success.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Snakeyman123 Sun 10 Aug 2014, 12:36 pm

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Bollox...A week to go the fight..Sparring finishing..You are where you are...Can't change tactics now It will confuse your Man..

Top fighters can adapt during the course of a fight never mind a week before it. It's never too late to pick up a trick and add it to the game plan.  If a fighter goes in with too rigid a plan and mindset they are in a world of trouble if the plan doesn't work. Adaptability is a major key to success.

And bouncebackability....

Snakeyman123

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm

Can't think of many that have switched tactics..........

Leonard didn't against Duran...........Only a desperate rally stopped him being outboxed against Hearns......Certainly flailing wildly and hoping for the best wasn't anything they worked on....Just as robbo let himself get outboxed by Turpin twice before his desperate rally..

Very very few fighters have the confidnence or the talent to try something different during a fight..............

You look at a guy and work on a strategy for three months...........end of !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 10 Aug 2014, 4:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can't think of many that have switched tactics..........

Leonard didn't against Duran...........Only a desperate rally stopped him being outboxed against Hearns......Certainly flailing wildly and hoping for the best wasn't anything they worked on....Just as robbo let himself get outboxed by Turpin twice before his desperate rally..

Very very few fighters have the confidnence or the talent to try something different during a fight..............

You look at a guy and work on a strategy for three months...........end of !!

Lots of fighters have found a way to win Marciano, Calzaghe and Benny Leonard are examples of fighters that adapted.

A game plan can win a fight but it can also go out the window if its not working.

There's no hard and fast rules on these things.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 10 Aug 2014, 4:06 pm

How did Marciano adapt ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sun 10 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm

I think this set up happens a lot and gyms are probably often shared, I think what makes this odd is that it is happening in a high profile and relatively lucrative title fight.

Let's not forget that on the bottom end of the scale fighters can share dressing rooms and have to watch each other prepare, get wrapped up, and maybe even give a nod or say "Hi" before passing on the way to the ring. However, that's life at the bottom of the boxing ladder and I wouldn't think many title fights are done this way. Often there is a big play on secrecy and game plans with each camp and the media speculating what the other camp is working on.

I'm not sure I would want to do my last bit of preparation for a fight of this magnitude spent watching my opponent pound some sparring partner into submission out of the corner of my eye.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down