The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Broner Vs. Porter

+27
owen10ozzy
mobilemaster8
Rowley
catchweight
Herman Jaeger
Mr Bounce
hampo17
ShahenshahG
Strongback
wheelchair1991
jimdig
Coxy001
Lance
Hands Of Stone
qc2
hogey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AdamT
BoxingFan88
milkyboy
Steffan
kingraf
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
TopHat24/7
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
AlexHuckerby
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 May 2015, 5:13 pm

Can't remember what date but this is signed and sealed, how much has Broner learned is the real question? Can he handle another mini bull charging at him with maybe less power than Maidana but more speed.

Love this fight, could end up being Maidana V2 for Adrien. #ThankAlHaymen

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 5:15 pm

I think the... "less power".... comment is very apt..........

Broner decision...........

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 07 May 2015, 5:17 pm

June 20th Alex, come on Porter, tear the little gobshite apart, elbows, head, use whatever needs to be used.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 07 May 2015, 5:22 pm

Have to learn to pace himself better............

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 May 2015, 5:38 pm

Don't like Broner, but fair play for taking this fight. Certainly a challenge, for him.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Thu 07 May 2015, 5:42 pm

Good fight, and interesting

Broner needs to realise his future is boxing, not brawling like it was at superfeatherweight, and based on his fight against Molina he may just be learning this.

Brook outboxed Porter fairly comfortably imo, but he could outmuscle porter and tie him up when he got on the inside, you'd safely assume that Broner doesnt have the size or strength to do this.

Should be a fun fight, neither are particularly defensive. Think that Porter needs to not be afraid of Broners power and swarms and outoworks him as Broner wont be able to stop porter as porter has a good set of whiskas. Likewise Porter doenst punch like maidana and broner seems quite tough so i doubt porter can stop him, although he could probably hurt him

Porter UD

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by kingraf Thu 07 May 2015, 5:42 pm

Good fight for both. Don't think Broner can win this though. Porter is bigger stronger, rougher etc. Broner is the better boxer, but if he doesn't get Porter to respect his power, its gonna be like Maidana.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16592
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 5:50 pm

Saw a photo of Khan and Broner in Vegas at the weekend. Even all bloated and full of burgers, Broner looks a lot smaller than Amir. Porter's going to have to have an really off-night to lose this one. Don't rate Broner up at WW, far too small, should get slapped silly unless the loss to Brook now means Porter was just a hype job...I can't tell these days

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 5:56 pm

Broner will win this. I don't rate Porter. Khan would beat both of these with ease

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 May 2015, 6:14 pm

Think Khans going to have to be really on his game against Porter, it wasn't THAT long ago Khan struggled with the pressure of Diaz... Porter is a different league in terms of strength and power than Diaz, though Khan seems to have improved immeasurably since that fight

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 6:16 pm

Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 07 May 2015, 6:18 pm

Steffan wrote:Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Oh right, well I won't bother watching if that gets made then, saved me a couple of hours, cheers mate.

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 6:22 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Oh right, well I won't bother watching if that gets made then, saved me a couple of hours, cheers mate.
Glad I helped you out mate. Khan is a contender. Brook and Porter are tomatoes

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:35 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Oh right, well I won't bother watching if that gets made then, saved me a couple of hours, cheers mate.
Glad I helped you out mate. Khan is a contender. Brook and Porter are tomatoes
Nope GAVIN REES is a tomato. Game fella and quite likeable but a tomato all the same

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 6:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Oh right, well I won't bother watching if that gets made then, saved me a couple of hours, cheers mate.
Glad I helped you out mate. Khan is a contender. Brook and Porter are tomatoes
Nope GAVIN REES is a tomato. Game fella and quite likeable but a tomato all the same
True. Kell Brook looks a decent prospect to be fair. Needs a few more fights before taking on the big matches though

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:52 pm

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Porter lost to Brook. Khan beats Brook and Porter

Oh right, well I won't bother watching if that gets made then, saved me a couple of hours, cheers mate.
Glad I helped you out mate. Khan is a contender. Brook and Porter are tomatoes
Nope GAVIN REES is a tomato. Game fella and quite likeable but a tomato all the same
True. Kell Brook looks a decent prospect to be fair. Needs a few more fights before taking on the big matches though
I do like you STEFFAN, Kell Brook may be many things but a prospect is not one of them. He's now a major belt holder and as such, has as valid a claim to a shot at Mayweather as Khan, Thurman or anyone else. Does Mayweather fancy trying to take his belt AND his unbeaten record? If Brook's such a tomato it should be an easy night's work shouldn't it?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Steffan Thu 07 May 2015, 6:59 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
I do like you STEFFAN, Kell Brook may be many things but a prospect is not one of them. He's now a major belt holder and as such, has as valid a claim to a shot at Mayweather as Khan, Thurman or anyone else. Does Mayweather fancy trying to take his belt AND his unbeaten record? If Brook's such a tomato it should be an easy night's work shouldn't it?
I like you too DAVE. You and TRUSSCARGO are like brothers to me. Mayweather will fight Khan next and will lose to him. Brook should take on Manny I reckon and the winner of those fights get matched up

Steffan

Posts : 7856
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by milkyboy Thu 07 May 2015, 7:37 pm

I dislike broner as much as the next guy but credit to him for taking this. Porter too strong and too busy for me, but good fight.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 07 May 2015, 8:12 pm

Good scrap that one, think Porter takes it but fair play to Broner for risking it

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AdamT Thu 07 May 2015, 9:55 pm

Fantastic fight, I pick Porter but Maybe Broner will finally do something at Welter.

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 07 May 2015, 10:46 pm

Strange 144 catchweight. The only way that benefits Broner is that it might take something out of Porter. Porters has got a good chin and Broner hasn't carried his power through. Think Porter will swarm him like Brook and just outwork Broner to a UD.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by milkyboy Thu 07 May 2015, 11:00 pm

Porter started at middle so hard to believe 144 is easy for him.

Mind you boner looks like a cruiser between fights these days, so he'll be giving up a few cakes to get to 144 himself.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by hogey Fri 08 May 2015, 12:05 am

Fancy Porter to stop him, but should be a good scrap. Fair play to the pair of them for taking a huge risk at this stage of their careers.

hogey

Posts : 1367
Join date : 2011-02-24
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 08 May 2015, 2:40 pm

milkyboy wrote:Porter started at middle so hard to believe 144 is easy for him.

Mind you boner looks like a cruiser between fights these days, so he'll be giving up a few cakes to get to 144 himself.

It truly does seem a tad crazy that Porter started his career at Middle, he's a midget at Welter!!!

AlexHuckerby

Posts : 9201
Join date : 2011-03-31
Age : 32
Location : Leeds, England

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 08 May 2015, 5:19 pm

Has Porter ever weighed on 160 though? Don't know a hell of a lot.about his early career but was normally more like 156 catchweights werent they, maybe because his fights were more frequent he wouldnt bother losing loads of water weight to make weight thus ensuring he was closer to his ring fight weight

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Posts : 3136
Join date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by milkyboy Fri 08 May 2015, 6:24 pm

Not sure WHU but he was a middle as an amateur... In fact he fought at 75kg which is above middle.

Must have been a fat boy as a kid like cotto!

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by qc2 Mon 11 May 2015, 12:04 pm

I think Broner will find it harder to make 144 than Porter will!

Porter will be all over Broner and stop him. Hopefully it will be the last we see of Broner too.

qc2

Posts : 29
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Hands Of Stone Mon 11 May 2015, 12:41 pm

qc2 wrote:I think Broner will find it harder to make 144 than Porter will!

Porter will be all over Broner and stop him. Hopefully it will be the last we see of Broner too.

Broner fought his last 2 fights at 140, cant see how he'll struggle to make 144

Hands Of Stone

Posts : 158
Join date : 2015-05-09

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 11 May 2015, 1:05 pm

Hands Of Stone wrote:
qc2 wrote:I think Broner will find it harder to make 144 than Porter will!

Porter will be all over Broner and stop him. Hopefully it will be the last we see of Broner too.

Broner fought his last 2 fights at 140, cant see how he'll struggle to make 144

You seen Broner recently?

He's quite fat.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Hands Of Stone Mon 11 May 2015, 1:14 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Hands Of Stone wrote:
qc2 wrote:I think Broner will find it harder to make 144 than Porter will!

Porter will be all over Broner and stop him. Hopefully it will be the last we see of Broner too.

Broner fought his last 2 fights at 140, cant see how he'll struggle to make 144

You seen Broner recently?

He's quite fat.

Hes always fat, hes been a lot fatter than this. Its because he doenst train at all whe he doesnt have a fight, dw he will easily make 140 he always does

Hands Of Stone

Posts : 158
Join date : 2015-05-09

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 11 May 2015, 1:32 pm

Well 144...

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Lance Mon 11 May 2015, 1:43 pm

Broner will win this one I reckon.

Lance

Posts : 1712
Join date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 11 May 2015, 2:01 pm

Lance wrote:Broner will win this one I reckon.

Would you like to elaborate?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Posts : 4420
Join date : 2011-03-14
Location : Liverpool JFT96 YNWA

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Lance Mon 11 May 2015, 3:04 pm

I was going to but got distracted. I think Porter will have lost a lot of confidence from losing to Brook. Might doubt his style and tactics slightly. Broner obviously fancies the job, not like hes on a roll, but has chosen this fight to make a statement.

Porter is not as good as Maidana and I feel hes been a bit fortunate with the poor showings from Alexander and Malignaggi.

Lance

Posts : 1712
Join date : 2011-10-29

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Coxy001 Mon 11 May 2015, 3:43 pm

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
I do like you STEFFAN, Kell Brook may be many things but a prospect is not one of them. He's now a major belt holder and as such, has as valid a claim to a shot at Mayweather as Khan, Thurman or anyone else. Does Mayweather fancy trying to take his belt AND his unbeaten record? If Brook's such a tomato it should be an easy night's work shouldn't it?
I like you too DAVE. You and TRUSSCARGO are like brothers to me. Mayweather will fight Khan next and will lose to him. Brook should take on Manny I reckon and the winner of those fights get matched up

Ok so we know Steffie is actually Davidemore now.

Hope Porter knocks seven shades out of him. Have little idea why Broner is still wanting to campaign @ WW though......?

Winner to get Khan? Saying that he'll probably fight feather fisted Broner if he loses anyway, Porter has far too much pop.

Coxy001

Posts : 1816
Join date : 2014-11-10

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by jimdig Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm

This fights up Saturday. Should be entertaining.

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 7:42 pm

Another catchweight, i cant see porter winning this having a rehydration limit of only 154 and a weight limit of 144

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by jimdig Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:11 pm

Didn't know about the rehydration limit. That's just dangerous.

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Strongback Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm

Does Porter have a lot of pop?

Not sure myself.

Strongback

Posts : 6529
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Matchroom Sports Head Office

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Hands Of Stone Tue 16 Jun 2015, 8:28 pm

Is it 154? Thats very low as porter is quite a thick welterweight

Will be interesting to see how much it takes out of him, but stylistically hes got a great style to beat broner. Broner is a very good boxer, but unlike Brook he isnt a proper welterweight so wil struggle to tie porter up as effectively as kell did.

That said porter doesnt punch as hard as maidana and if he loses some of that strength he may struggle.

My hope is that unlike geale, porter has a lot left in the tank he should be able to shake off the effects of the catchweight better although it will take something from him

Hands Of Stone

Posts : 158
Join date : 2015-05-09

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 9:24 pm

Porter has been talking about the rehydration limit all week saying it was part of the contract broner insisted on

wheelchair1991

Posts : 2129
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 32
Location : Worcester

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 9:40 pm

I don't rate Porter at all................Looked like a brawler against Kell...........

Broner survives the initial onslaught I can see him taking a decision..

You have a choice as to whether you sign up to these conditions....No point in moaning about it now..

I remember Leonard saying he was so desperate to get Hagler he would have signed up to 15 rounds....

Marvin had a bunch of muppets working for him..........Leonard won half that fight at the negotiation table..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I don't rate Porter at all................Looked like a brawler against Kell...........

Broner survives the initial onslaught I can see him taking a decision..

You have a choice as to whether you sign up to these conditions....No point in moaning about it now..

I remember Leonard saying he was so desperate to get Hagler he would have signed up to 15 rounds....

Marvin had a bunch of muppets working for him..........Leonard won half that fight at the negotiation table..

I knew there was something off about those judges

ShahenshahG

Posts : 15725
Join date : 2011-02-11
Age : 38
Location : The happiest man a morning ever sees

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:17 pm

Hands Of Stone wrote:Is it 154? Thats very low as porter is quite a thick welterweight

He certainly wouldn't have won "mastermind" against Brook .... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by milkyboy Tue 16 Jun 2015, 10:35 pm

As per previous debates... He's a short arse but porter started at middle. 144 with a 10lb hydration level looks tight. I imagine as there's no title on the line that there must be some serious financial penalties if he doesn't make it. Truss is right though, it's broner not mayweather, it's not for a belt.  Loathsome  as the boner is,  if porter doesn't like it  don't sign, fight someone else rather than loading your excuses pre fight.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by jimdig Wed 17 Jun 2015, 8:04 am

Boxing really is the Wild West, just make up your own rules, thank Al haymon and your all set. 

"We know your a big lad, so to negate against your size, Your brain must be totally dehydrated when you fight me, sign here please"

"Ummhhh ok, I won't be one of the unlucky ones getting brain damage"

jimdig

Posts : 1528
Join date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 9:36 am

Broner learning from his hero I see.

Porter should do the same and just ignore the rehydration stip!

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 9:39 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Broner learning from his hero I see.

Porter should do the same and just ignore the rehydration stip!

I imagine he'll want to get paid..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:00 am

Depends on the penalties.

Fight isn't going to get called off the day of the fight because he rehydrated properly, therefore if the penalties are as pathetic as the ones Floyd gets I'm sure he'd rather ignore them and get the win than dangerously under hydrate and lose for the sake of $50k.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 40
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 17 Jun 2015, 10:38 am

Eddie Mustafa Muhammad tried it on with Spinks in their rematch.............Spinks said "No fight!!"...........

Butch lewis vowed he'd never work with him again and he never got another shot at the title ...whilst Spinks was champion......

Think he lost to Kacar later on when he was past it..

End of the day don't sign the contract...

I suppose If it was the other way around you'd be encouraging Broner to come in heavy ?? Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40524
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Broner Vs. Porter Empty Re: Broner Vs. Porter

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum