The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulie or Porter

+9
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
88Chris05
compelling and rich
TopHat24/7
milkyboy
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
ONETWOFOREVER
13 posters

Go down

Paulie or Porter Empty Paulie or Porter

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 14 Mar 2014, 3:29 pm

Kell Brook will be in line to fight for the IBF welterweight title, providing he wins on Sat. He will face the winner of Shaun Porter and Paulie Malignaggi who face each other on April 19 with the winner penciled in to fight Brook 90 days after.

Imo Brook should be praying that Porter wins because Paulie would box his ears off.

what say you?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Paulie or Porter Empty Re: Paulie or Porter

Post by hampo17 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

I think Porter beats him, handily OneTwo, but with Paulie it's all down to which Paulie turns up. Brook still appears to have the lazy attitude, he weighed in for tomorrow's fight at 10st 11lbs, Eddie or his trainer should be going berserk with him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

Please please please Mr Porter........Finish El stinko's career off .........

Porter ko11 after trying to have a fight for ten rounds..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 14 Mar 2014, 4:54 pm

I think style wise Brook would vastly prefer Paulie. Brook likes to stand off and box, not get up close and tussle. Paulie is too old and not powerful enough to beat Brook in my opinion. The Brook jab beats him.

Porter on the other hand roughs him up.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:16 pm

I personally think brook would beat paulie, but it wouldn't be easy. Porter, is harder to call. He'd make brook really work, and history tells us brook fades... Is that conditioning or lack of natural stamina? We'd find out on the night.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 5:23 pm

Would back Brook to beat Paulie (though less impressively than either Hatton or Khan) by a couple of rounds but, as per JBW's reasoning, I think Porter is a greater struggle if he brings the same game he did when winning the title.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 14 Mar 2014, 7:02 pm

hatton out jabbed paulie, so dont think brook would have too much trouble

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:00 pm

On the subject of Brook's weight - has anyone else seen yet that Fielding has weighed in at 174 for what was meant to be a defence of the Commonwealth Super-Middleweight belt? It's half understandable for a non-title fight, but I have to question what the hell Fielding has been doing in training there.

He is to be stripped of the belt, so a bit of shine disappears from the event. One pound is excusable most of the time, two at a push....But six?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:15 pm

I agree with the majority that Malignaggi is the easier fight but I can't see Malignaggi beating Porter, just think he's a bit too strong and a bit too fresh for Paulie

Brook would beat him Paulie easily enough as he's too big for paulie and his jab will keep him under control

Porter could be too strong for brook though and too busy

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:41 pm

On Mallinaggi I think he has had almost a 2nd career, The first of course being the feather fisted flashy boxer (who I always thought got way too much credit, as he was easy to hit). He always has punch selection, now that his feet aren't so fast he seems to been able to sit down on his punches just enough to desist a fighter walking right through him. This new found ability and his hands being a little more reliable has given the tale end of his career a bit of a boost.

Saying all that I suspect that Porter could be a little special, much in the way Bradley quietly came from nowhere to being slowly accepted as world class I think Porter could do something similar with his career. I was one of the few that actually rated Alexander (which may be adding bias). Regardless of what I said about Mallinaggi, I think Porter will smother him to win by late stoppage.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:11 pm

Paulie outboxes him with ease to a wide UD.

Porter roughs him up and smashes his grid for 12 wonderful rounds. Possible late stoppage or ko loss. Could leave himself open. Id say its a winnable fight for both. 70/30 Porter.

The paulie fight would be funny though. Brook just wouldn't have a CLUE what was going on haha

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 14 Mar 2014, 11:56 pm

jimdig wrote:On Mallinaggi I think he has had almost a 2nd career, The first of course being the feather fisted flashy boxer (who I always thought got way too much credit, as he was easy to hit). He always has punch selection, now that his feet aren't so fast he seems to been able to sit down on his punches just enough to desist a fighter walking right through him. This new found ability and his hands being a little more reliable has given the tale end of his career a bit of a boost.

Saying all that I suspect that Porter could be a little special, much in the way Bradley quietly came from nowhere to being slowly accepted as world class I think Porter could do something similar with his career. I was one of the few that actually rated Alexander (which may be adding bias). Regardless of what I said about Mallinaggi, I think Porter will smother him to win by late stoppage.

I'm not willing to rate Porter too highly until I see him in against a puncher with some timing. He has a fire hydrant neck and seems to be able to absorb a punch, but I can imagine his style lending itself to a KO loss against a Thurman.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Mar 2014, 1:23 am

One thing about Porter, the man used to fight at MW, he is a monster of a WW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 15 Mar 2014, 2:31 am

Wow he must have had zero power at middle and looked like an achondroplasiac dwarf.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 15 Mar 2014, 3:20 am

Ha, yeah, I imagine he just boils his weight down now and comes in just a bit under what he used to at MW.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 15 Mar 2014, 12:58 pm

i actually think brook would be better winning the title from mallinagi, he is more of a name and the better win for brook, as porter is largely unknown, and if brook beat him im sure he wouldnt get much credit. if brook manages to win a title i think he will be overly protected so he needs a decent win to give credibility to his title, otherwise he will end up another cleverly.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down