The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zlatan or Ronaldo

+16
sirfredperry
Hammersmith harrier
TopHat24/7
Sand
J.Benson II
mystiroakey
kingraf
Champagne_Socialist
monty junior
Roller_Coaster
Dolphin Ziggler
super_realist
MIG
Duty281
CFCNick
Stella
20 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Stella Thu 24 Oct 2013, 10:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Unfortunately the world cup will be without two of the best , and more importantly entertaining players, thanks to Sweden meeting Portugal in the play-off.

It's a damn shame but who would you rather see gracing the premier footballing tournament nest summer?

Zlatan or Ronaldo?


Last edited by Stella on Thu 24 Oct 2013, 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Stella
Stella

Posts : 6671
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down


Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
tophat wrote:Zlatan simply doesn't cut it for me.
tophat wrote: I've seen him disappoint too many times when it matters, on the really big stages in big games. Great players rise to the occasion
funny how you can't name single game you have seen him disappoint though, the only example you could think of was when he scoed 2 goals.
tophat wrote:
Also, for someone apparently so amazing, he does seem to get shifted around a lot.
Nobody seems that keen on keeping him around.
These are not comments by someone who thinks that ibrahimovic is one of the best players in the world, you are just backtracking now.

Either way I don't reallyc are because my aim was to prove ibrahimovic wa sone of the best strikers in the world and that has been proven and you even admitted just now you think he is one of the best so my aim is complete Smile
And?

He doesn't cut it for me, so what. He clearly gives you a rager, fair play, it's horses for courses.

Names 2, actually, and someone else has already pointed out that he was 'flat' despite the 2 goals in 1 of the games. And, as per MIG, all because I do not have a photographic memory of ever second of Zlat's playing career does not invalidate my opinion. That said, I'm still enjoying the wonderful irony of your position on that. Laugh
If you are arguing a point at least have some evidence to back up your point. I posted about 20 different big teams ibrahimovic has scored against in some very important fixtures and posted his goal scoring record at every club, champions league and international games.

So far you have said ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games (even though he doesn't as the evidence i posted of the teams he scored against shows) and you have faied to name any games he has gone quiet in. The only game you mentioned was a game he scored 2 goals in which is just a WUM comment.

If you are going to argue for hours that ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games post some evidence. The fact you haven't posted any evidence shows you can't prove anything.

(for the record there will be games Ibrahimovic has been quiet in, it is normal just like Van persie or Messi or Neymar or Xavi have been quiet in some big games, the fact he has been impressive and scored in 20 big games I posted and more shows his quality).
Lol, again, enjoying the irony of you demanding evidence of me. You clearly follow his career more closely than I do, hence why you can real of the games he’s got you most excited over. It’s just the dozen or so games I’ve seen him in he’s always flattered to deceive. And no, I cannot remember every detail of every game of football I’ve seen over the last 6-8 years. It’s just a general sentiment. If I watched the games you have I may not have felt the same.

Other than that we’re just back to your usual wummery/blind ignorance (again, enjoying that irony of that accusation) by refusing to accept that a player could possibly score two set-piece goals but STILL not perform well when the other 88 minutes of a game are taken into context.

TopHat24/7

Posts : 17008
Join date : 2011-07-01
Age : 38
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Champagne_Socialist Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:33 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
tophat wrote:Zlatan simply doesn't cut it for me.
tophat wrote: I've seen him disappoint too many times when it matters, on the really big stages in big games. Great players rise to the occasion
funny how you can't name  single game you have seen him disappoint though, the only example you could think of was when he scoed 2 goals.
tophat wrote:
Also, for someone apparently so amazing, he does seem to get shifted around a lot.
Nobody seems that keen on keeping him around.
These are not comments by someone who thinks that ibrahimovic is one of the best players in the world, you are just backtracking now.

Either way I don't reallyc are because my aim was to prove ibrahimovic wa sone of the best strikers in the world and that has been proven and you even admitted just now you think he is one of the best so my aim is complete Smile
And?

He doesn't cut it for me, so what.  He clearly gives you a rager, fair play, it's horses for courses.

Names 2, actually, and someone else has already pointed out that he was 'flat' despite the 2 goals in 1 of the games. And, as per MIG, all because I do not have a photographic memory of ever second of Zlat's playing career does not invalidate my opinion.  That said, I'm still enjoying the wonderful irony of your position on that. Laugh
If you are arguing a point at least have some evidence to back up your point. I posted about 20 different big teams ibrahimovic has scored against in some very important fixtures and posted his goal scoring record at every club, champions league and international games.

So far you have said ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games (even though he doesn't as the evidence i posted of the teams he scored against shows) and you have faied to name any games he has gone quiet in. The only game you mentioned was a game he scored 2 goals in which is just a WUM comment.

If you are going to argue for hours that ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games post some evidence. The fact you haven't posted any evidence shows you can't prove anything.

(for the record there will be games Ibrahimovic has been quiet in, it is normal just like Van persie or Messi or Neymar or Xavi have been quiet in some big games, the fact he has been impressive and scored in 20 big games I posted and more shows his quality).
Lol, again, enjoying the irony of you demanding evidence of me.  You clearly follow his career more closely than I do, hence why you can real of the games he’s got you most excited over. It’s just the dozen or so games I’ve seen him in he’s always flattered to deceive.  And no, I cannot remember every detail of every game of football I’ve seen over the last 6-8 years.  It’s just a general sentiment.  If I watched the games you have I may not have felt the same.

Other than that we’re just back to your usual wummery/blind ignorance (again, enjoying that irony of that accusation) by refusing to accept that a player could possibly score two set-piece goals but STILL not perform well when the other 88 minutes of a game are taken into context.
Just name 2 games you have seen him play where he has failed to live up to expectations, you have already listed a game where he scored 2 goals so I'm guessing you will list a game where he scored a hat-trick and try and argue that he had a poor game haha.

You are arguing for hours that he has been rubbish when you have seen him play so list some games you have seen him play in, you must remember them if you are willing to argue for hours over them.

In my opinion Messi is overrated because the gammes I have seen him play in he has done nothing, I can't remember those games and I don't care that he has scored in loads of other big games because I think he is overrated based on my faded memory. Doh 

Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Champagne_Socialist Thu 21 Nov 2013, 5:46 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Champagne_Socialist wrote:
tophat wrote:Zlatan simply doesn't cut it for me.
tophat wrote: I've seen him disappoint too many times when it matters, on the really big stages in big games. Great players rise to the occasion
funny how you can't name  single game you have seen him disappoint though, the only example you could think of was when he scoed 2 goals.
tophat wrote:
Also, for someone apparently so amazing, he does seem to get shifted around a lot.
Nobody seems that keen on keeping him around.
These are not comments by someone who thinks that ibrahimovic is one of the best players in the world, you are just backtracking now.

Either way I don't reallyc are because my aim was to prove ibrahimovic wa sone of the best strikers in the world and that has been proven and you even admitted just now you think he is one of the best so my aim is complete Smile
And?

He doesn't cut it for me, so what.  He clearly gives you a rager, fair play, it's horses for courses.

Names 2, actually, and someone else has already pointed out that he was 'flat' despite the 2 goals in 1 of the games. And, as per MIG, all because I do not have a photographic memory of ever second of Zlat's playing career does not invalidate my opinion.  That said, I'm still enjoying the wonderful irony of your position on that. Laugh
If you are arguing a point at least have some evidence to back up your point. I posted about 20 different big teams ibrahimovic has scored against in some very important fixtures and posted his goal scoring record at every club, champions league and international games.

So far you have said ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games (even though he doesn't as the evidence i posted of the teams he scored against shows) and you have faied to name any games he has gone quiet in. The only game you mentioned was a game he scored 2 goals in which is just a WUM comment.

If you are going to argue for hours that ibrahimovic goes quiet in the big games post some evidence. The fact you haven't posted any evidence shows you can't prove anything.

(for the record there will be games Ibrahimovic has been quiet in, it is normal just like Van persie or Messi or Neymar or Xavi have been quiet in some big games, the fact he has been impressive and scored in 20 big games I posted and more shows his quality).
Lol, again, enjoying the irony of you demanding evidence of me.  You clearly follow his career more closely than I do, hence why you can real of the games he’s got you most excited over. It’s just the dozen or so games I’ve seen him in he’s always flattered to deceive.  And no, I cannot remember every detail of every game of football I’ve seen over the last 6-8 years.  It’s just a general sentiment.  If I watched the games you have I may not have felt the same.

Other than that we’re just back to your usual wummery/blind ignorance (again, enjoying that irony of that accusation) by refusing to accept that a player could possibly score two set-piece goals but STILL not perform well when the other 88 minutes of a game are taken into context.
Firstly when a striker scores two goals he has not had a quiet game. Second I know you never watched the game because Ibrahimovic's performance has been praised

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

4/5 stars

So often he is Sweden's stand-out player and that was again the case this evening. Nodded past Patricio to make 2-1 before rifling a brilliant free kick home to make it 2-2
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/match/124950/sweden-vs-portugal/player-ratings


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Nov 2013, 6:18 pm

I don't like it when people laugh at their own comments mid-post.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16526
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 28
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Nov 2013, 6:19 pm

Free kick was a bullet, though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16526
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 28
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Thu 21 Nov 2013, 6:30 pm

I think the debate is over. Ronaldo is a better footballer than Zlatan. Their both fantastic individual players, however one has gone on to become a world footballing icon, with outstanding consistent performances & will no doubt win the Ballon d`or, seeing as FIFA have now rightly reopened the voting.

The End.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by kingraf Thu 21 Nov 2013, 7:27 pm

Not altogether related - but I just read an article where Ronaldo had this to say about Rooney's new hair - “[Wayne Rooney] has his own style. But with his hair he looks much better. He looks very good now. Before he was a little bit ugly, but now, with hair, he’s beautiful.” the choice of word "beautiful" made me chuckle
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16526
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 28
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 21 Nov 2013, 7:49 pm

The argument that if you score you've had a good game is utter tripe, from memory Rooney was pretty poor against Palace, wasn't amazing against City but scored a free kick against both. Does that single kick of the ball suddenly make his overall performance better, not for me it doesn't.

Hammersmith harrier

Posts : 12060
Join date : 2013-09-26

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by mystiroakey Thu 21 Nov 2013, 9:08 pm

Hammersmith that's a bit harsh bringing that up - he was playing against class sides Wink


mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:46 pm

I would say Ronaldo, Zlatan has come on as of late but Ronaldo has been more consistently brilliant throughout his career and he has won a world player of the year and European title. Zlatan is the greatest pure striker in the game right now but Ronaldo's numbers in probably the two best leagues Spain and England probably make him a more dangerous weapon. Plus Ronaldo can move out wide and play on either side so he is more versatile. But either way both a incredible forwards.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:28 pm

there's no contest, surely...

Hands down, Ronaldo..

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Champagne_Socialist Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:44 pm

socal1976 wrote:I would say Ronaldo, Zlatan has come on as of late but Ronaldo has been more consistently brilliant throughout his career and he has won a world player of the year and European title. Zlatan is the greatest pure striker in the game right now but Ronaldo's numbers in probably the two best leagues Spain and England probably make him a more dangerous weapon. Plus Ronaldo can move out wide and play on either side so he is more versatile. But either way both a incredible forwards.
It is a damn shame that one of them had to miss the World cup!!!


Champagne_Socialist

Posts : 4961
Join date : 2012-10-20
Age : 35

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by socal1976 Fri 22 Nov 2013, 10:30 pm

Champagne_Socialist wrote:
socal1976 wrote:I would say Ronaldo, Zlatan has come on as of late but Ronaldo has been more consistently brilliant throughout his career and he has won a world player of the year and European title. Zlatan is the greatest pure striker in the game right now but Ronaldo's numbers in probably the two best leagues Spain and England probably make him a more dangerous weapon. Plus Ronaldo can move out wide and play on either side so he is more versatile. But either way both a incredible forwards.
It is a damn shame that one of them had to miss the World cup!!!

Yeah can't disagree there, I think Portugal is going to make it but Sweden is only down one goal and will be playing at home, the match in Portugal got real tense and chippy.

socal1976

Posts : 14212
Join date : 2011-03-18
Location : southern california

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Nov 2013, 10:35 pm

Are you a bit behind the news mate. Or have I time tracked back

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Nov 2013, 10:44 pm

Bet on Ronaldo getting a hatrick and Zlatan getting a brace.

mystiroakey

Posts : 32472
Join date : 2011-03-06
Age : 45
Location : surrey

Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:07 pm

Laugh 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:32 pm

This is up there with that fellow poster claiming that Didier Deschamps was a crap PSG manager.

Very Happy 

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:55 pm

Laugh  Yeah, that was a shocker. Never have football matches on a friday after Ale 

I'm just glad DD saw sense & played the mighty Yohan! He joins the world class Shola Ameobi at the WC next year.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:59 pm

Top man Johno. OK 


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Zlatan or Ronaldo - Page 4 Empty Re: Zlatan or Ronaldo

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum