The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars

+8
mobilemaster8
milkyboy
compelling and rich
Strongback
OasisBFC
John Bloody Wayne
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
12 posters

Go down

Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars Empty Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars

Post by seanmichaels Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Apparently Froch has Darren Barker in next week and Tony Bellew the following. Thoughts on his choices? Saving money perhaps?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars Empty Re: Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:28 pm

Could seem a little strange in that neither are gonna replicate Groves but Froch really only fights one way so I don't think it'll have much baring on the fight.

Back to top Go down

Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars Empty Re: Brutal sparring and Proper Gym Wars

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:45 pm

If I were Froch I'd be getting DeGold in to help spar.

Young and talented with a bitterness towards GG, reckon he'd (under Froch n McCracken's guidance) have the intelligence to replicate GG's style and therefore give Froch the best sparring.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:42 pm

Bellew can be an awkward back foot type sometimes. Don't see what Barker brings.

Get Kessler in for a spar, he knows Groves well, although it might make Froch a traitor.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:59 pm

often sparring partners are asked to replicate the opponent. for all we know bellew could be acting in a groves role.

good sparring options. a world champ and a title challenger.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:07 pm

A lowly ranked world champ and a guy that could barely beat Isaac Chilemba....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:59 pm

I'd pick Bellew to beat Groves, personally.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

It's a good opportunity for Bellew. Apart from styles it's important to experience what its like facing a fighter who is world class and then learning how to adapt to that. It will be less of a surprise when Stevenson clobbers him.

The same goes for Barker. Although he is more experienced than Bellew getting in with Froch will sharpen him up nicely in terms of speed and timing.

Froch just needs hard work, Bellew and Barker are easily at Groves level.

Every time I think about Groves v Froch all I can see is Carl dishing out a quick and brutal beat down.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:35 pm

got a feeling groves is going be on his bike this fight, so maybe dirrell would have been a good option

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:24 am

Think bellew and froch have sparred a few times... Two warriors, no quarter asked or given etc.

Not sure re barker, but it's decent quality sparring against guys he feels he can rely on to do a job (a job which might extend to more than just having a tear Up). Groves may well stick and run, but it isnt exactly going to be a surprise tactic if he does. I'm sure they have that base covered in their choice of partners (which probably extends beyond these two) and scope of training.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:29 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'd pick Bellew to beat Groves, personally.
I wouldn't. Groves can be very evasive and hard to hit clean, Bellew's power isn't half as special as originally made out and his chin is no better than Groves' (if not worse). Groves will find him eventually, probably late, and stop him.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:40 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'd pick Bellew to beat Groves, personally.
I wouldn't.  Groves can be very evasive and hard to hit clean, Bellew's power isn't half as special as originally made out and his chin is no better than Groves' (if not worse).  Groves will find him eventually, probably late, and stop him.
Smith and Anderson would like to disagree with you Toppy.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:15 am

Young and poorer disciplined.

Anderson took advantage of this and got Groves into a war he knows better than to get into now and Smith caught him when he got sloppy and quit boxing with a few seconds to go in the round. The look of anger at himself for letting Smith catch him like that as he walked back to his corner was a testament to his growing maturity.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:53 pm

I agree Bellew's not that powerful, but he's facing quite tough light heavyweights whereas Groves appears to be a fragile super middle. I disagree on the chin, as it's been a while since I've seen him hurt and that was early by Ovil who is a powerful four round fighter.

I'd back to him simply be too big for Groves and outjab him.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:08 pm

I'm guessing considering they both have fights coming up that they were sparring for free.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:30 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I agree Bellew's not that powerful, but he's facing quite tough light heavyweights whereas Groves appears to be a fragile super middle. I disagree on the chin, as it's been a while since I've seen him hurt and that was early by Ovil who is a powerful four round fighter.

I'd back to him simply be too big for Groves and outjab him.
dont think we'll have to wait too long for that when he fights steveson

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:33 pm

No argument from me on that one.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:03 pm

When was the last time The Bomber lived up to his name?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:11 pm

He eventually KO'd Miranda by body shot. If he does win a title, I imagine it will be by decision.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm

For some strange reason I have a feeling Bellew will suprise and do really well and will be right in the fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I guess Bellew's stock is lower than it's been in a while, and Adonis' is much higher than ever before.

When Groves v Degale happened Groves was coming off the Anderson hickup and Degale was coming off the Smith destruction, so Degale was a massive favourite but it turned out differently. Can see Bellew fighting out of his skin and Stevey not taking him seriously.

A battering is more likely though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:21 pm

Be great if Froch and Bellew both lose

It wont happen with Froch though. Bellew getting bust up is hopefully on the cards though

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down