The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perez - where next

+6
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Lance
mobilemaster8
catchweight
sparxz
oxring
10 posters

Go down

Perez - where next Empty Perez - where next

Post by oxring Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 16:58

First, some thoughts on the action we saw - for once, a heavyweight fight between 2 prospects didn't disappoint!  Both men demonstrated ably that they can both take and land hard shots and Perez showed he can implement a gameplan over 10 rounds.  Perez can be proud to have ably demonstrated his chin and power and shown more excitement in one fight than in several of Wlad's fights over the years.  Further, his southpaw jab was a real weapon throughout the fight, he controlled the range and he looks to have an awkward but strong style.  In my eyes, the major negative in both men was a lack of fitness in the championship rounds - especially considering this fight was only over 10 rounds!  I am unsure either man would have lasted the pace for a further 2 rounds of boxing.

Last night's result begs the question as to where each man go now?  There are good prospect matchups out there for Perez if he wants them - Arreola, Helenius, Dimitrenko and Solis would all pose a challenge for the Cork based man.  Arreola also lacks fitness but has looked slightly more focused of late and offers the opportunity for  Perez to gain some more US exposure.  Helenius has a decent beard but can be outboxed.  Dimitrenko can also be outboxed comfortably but is fit and comes to last for 12 rounds.   Solis is not at all fit, but can box very, very well.

Who would you pair him with?

Last edited by oxring on Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 18:09; edited 1 time in total
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Perez - where next Empty Re: Perez - where next

Post by sparxz Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 18:05

I think Perez should take on tony Thompson world ranked with IBF and a good marker to where he is at, TT on a high after his victories over price and may fancy another victory over another undefeated heavyweight prospect puts him in with another world title eliminator at least. Exposure in the states for Perez also would be good.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 20:08

Arreola would be a very entertaining clash.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 3 Nov 2013 - 22:04

Yeh. Was a very good fight. Shame about the aftermath though.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:07

I thik if Arreola turns up in shape like he did against Mitchell, then he would be too much for Perez. Arreola has good power but more importantly an excellent chin, don't think Perez could go toe to toe with him, and don't think he could resist doing it.

Don't rate Dimitrenko, I think he would fold against the onslaught that Perez would bring to him

Helenius is an interesting one. Hes clearly got a lot of power, but he is a bit limited. However I think he was telling the truth when he claimed post fight that he had gotten injured against Chisora. I would fancy him to beat Chisora in a rematch. Perez Helenius would be a good fight.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:15

Helenius is absolute garbage mate.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 13:24

Maybe, but hes garbage that can bang. Im not at all convinced by Perez yet. Think he will be in trouble if he came across a guy as big as helenius who can take his shots and give it back.

Mitchell Perez would be a good fight. I think Mitchell would manage to test Perez chin during the 2 or 3 rounds it lasted

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:19

Helen is looked like garbage against Sprout, I think Perez takes him easily enough

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:24

Lance wrote:Maybe, but hes garbage that can bang. Im not at all convinced by Perez yet. Think he will be in trouble if he came across a guy as big as helenius who can take his shots and give it back.

Mitchell Perez would be a good fight. I think Mitchell would manage to test Perez chin during the 2 or 3 rounds it lasted
He's just fought someone like that in Mago yer loon.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 14:37

Best wait and see how this weekend has affected Perez mentally.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 18:08

Lance wrote:Maybe, but hes garbage that can bang. Im not at all convinced by Perez yet. Think he will be in trouble if he came across a guy as big as helenius who can take his shots and give it back.
He just fought a bloke who is much better, took his shots (maybe too well sadly) and probably hits harder with no problems at all, cant see what taking a step back and fighting a useless lump like Helenius would achieve to be honest.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 18:38

It would probably achieve a fair deal seeing as Helenius is higher ranked and arguably more well known. Can't see it though.

Would like to see him in with Boystov next too many heavyweights knocking about being proclaimed as contenders with undefeated records be nice to see some of the pretenders out of the way and maybe a realistic successor to WK come to the fore.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 18:41

Too be honest i dont think anyone would consider Helenius a better fighter than Mago, i have never heard anyone say they rate him as anything other than an overprotected lump who was completely outclassed by Chisora and should have lost his title in a lopsided decision.
Going into Saturday night Mago was ranked number 4 with the WBC and that is higher than where any organisation rank Helenius, his highest ranking is 7 with the IBF.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 19:11

Forgive me if I'm wrong but as far as I'm aware WBC was the only organisation that ranked Mago.

Helenius was 7 with IBF but I also thought he was at 3 with WBO. I'm also pretty certain that he is ranked top 10 with Ring Mag I don't think Mago has ever been.

I completely agree that he is an overprotected lump and also don't class him as a better fighter than Mago but even more reason why it would be a good fight for Perez.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 19:20

The division is so poor and Wlad has such a lack of credible challengers that Perez will surely be lined up for a title shot very soon without having to mark time beating up a giant punchbag with eyeballs like Helenius. He has made a lot of waves across the pond with that performance on saturday night and i would imagine a Wlad v Perez fight will be the biggest money match out there at the moment and maybe a chance for Wlad to have a title defence in the states.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 19:26

You're probably right he could well be in line now for a shot at Wlad, seeing as Saturday was K2 promotions also it really wouldnt surprise me. Though would like to see Perez have one or two more before going in with Wlad then being written off as useless like every other opponent of the K bros.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 8:49

ive been impressed with perez ever since he won prizefighter, and think he will win a world title. he has been out of the ring for so long apart from a few wins over journeymen that i feared he might disappear from boxing all together, but his recent win (and the fact it was a great fight) will hopefully burst life into his career. i can see him taking on the winner of haye vs fury, or even maybe price. i think perez if managed by K2 so he wont have any problems getting a title shot with a few decent wins under him.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down