The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

perez wants fury

+2
TopHat24/7
eddyfightfan
6 posters

Go down

perez wants fury Empty perez wants fury

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:06 pm

according to sporting life, mike perez is annoyed by the fact that fury has said he ducked him. he claims he accepted the fight, asked for a contract to be sent and never heard anything since. fury is fighting on 12th november, and perez is desperate for a shot.

http://www.sportinglife.com/boxing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=boxing/11/09/20/manual_111201.html&BID=543

this would be an epic fight, and furys toughest fight to date- i have really warmed to fury in recent months and have started to beleive he might prove to be something special in a few years, but i saw perez in action at prizefighter and he was very very impressive, he walked to a victory in one of the toughest prizefighters ever.

fury has impressed in his last 2, but has been tagged in both fights, if perez catches him i think it may well be over, and he wont let him off the hook so easy. fury has the height advantage, and against firtha was using the jab well, but perez has shown he can handle the height difference against "big sky" tye fields before.

would love to see this happen, and would gamble on a perez KO in the mid rounds, but it could a cracker.

interested in this fight? how do you see it going.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

perez wants fury Empty Re: perez wants fury

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

Agreed would love to see this fight, probably be my top pick for Fury to fight next, though it'd be a dangerous one to take. I too am warming to Fury however I think Perez could be his undoing as he has more speed agility (if still a bit of a lump) than his previous opponents as well as good boxing skills and an ability to tear it up a bit.

Very very credible win if Fury can pull it off though, if he does he should be going for other fringe contenders, maybe Helenius, before stepping up to Povetkin/Adamek.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:34 pm

personally i think he might face price, but would love to see him against perez- agree with you about perez, im suprised he's waited so long for another fight since prizefighter, and hope the has improved his fitness. if fury does fight perez and wins i'd like to see him fight price before going on.

i hope they dont rush fury as he still has a lot to improve on, if he continues to work with manny steward i think this will help him dramatically. helenius would be very dangerous for fury, but the lad does seem serious about boxing at the moment, he's fighting often and against decent opposition, so it may not be to long before he's challeging the likes of povetkin and adamek

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:38 pm

how do you think he'd get on against fellow timber-carrying Cuban - Oldanier Solis??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed 21 Sep 2011, 3:43 pm

i think he might handle solis better than he would perez. i think if could get passed either of them for 5-6 rounds he'd be able to either go for a stoppage of UD win. but i think perez would go straight after him, whereas solis would try and box him and he could use the jab more.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

Fury wanted Perez on the 17th but Perez was pencilled in for the McCloskey undercard but couldn't find an opponent.

Perez ducked Fury, clear as day.

He's now seen that Fury is on the up, but he's missed the boat, Fury should tell him to go whistle. Tyson has bigger fish to fry now.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:14 pm

Union Cane wrote:Fury wanted Perez on the 17th but Perez was pencilled in for the McCloskey undercard but couldn't find an opponent.

Perez ducked Fury, clear as day.

He's now seen that Fury is on the up, but he's missed the boat, Fury should tell him to go whistle. Tyson has bigger fish to fry now.

Does he though? Who would you say are more credible opponents without being to big a jump for Fury? Along with Price I think this is the best fight out there for Fury at the moment.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:16 pm

Dimitrenko should be Fury's next fight, provided he can get past Michael Sprott of course.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

I find it strange that Perez hasnt fought since prize fighter - but I guess he probably cant be ars3d, much like Solis (which is a shame because Solis is talented)

Dangerous fight (Perez) for Fury, or for Price, he seems to hit hard - but deffo looks out of shape and has very little defence at all

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:28 pm

Speaking of Solis, when is he due back? What is the latest

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:29 pm

Lol both these guys claiming to be Irish should be funny maybe they should have the fight in Ireland!

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

whats so ridiculous about that waingro fury just fought in belfast

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down