The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

+4
horizontalhero
EX7EY
AdamT
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 9:19 am

Fury v Wlad 1 wasn't good but we were all a little excited watching it.. because we were seeing a guy in there who was giving Wlad trouble and seeing potential history in the making.......It smokescreened a complete stinker !!

Fury was smart in that fight, no doubt !!....Only took the risks he had to... and settled for winning a stinker against a foe that was either too stiff to hit back or too intimidated.......Fury isn't a big hitter (he knows that) and Wlad is......Fury was smart and won (rightly so).....

It was the perfect performance in front of an undemanding crowd that is used to that kind of boxing and stinker..........German fans make comatose patients look like Jim Carrey on speed....


However this time Wlad will no doubt try to be more assertive.......He has nothing to lose really...(He's 40 odd and his legacy is set)..

The British fans won't accept Fury spoiling all night like the German fans.......If this fight is anything as bad as the last one boos will deafen the fighters and the ring.....(There is no smokescreen that history is being made this time)....British and American fans are more blood thirsty and like to be entertained......and it is a good thing !!. Boxing is supposed to be a form of entertainment.

My guess is Fury will be under pressure to produce a more interesting fight (Home fighters generally feel obliged).....Which means Fury will have to engage more and Wlad carries more power........We know Fury was decked heavily by a cruiserweight.....

Of course fighting in Britain is a big advantage judging wise without a shadow.......(The cards were fair last time though)

But it is not in Fury's best interest to have an "exciting" fight and he is fighting in front of fans who have paid good money to see one..

Not sure Manchester is really an advantage at all !!.......

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40605
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by AdamT Fri 23 Sep 2016, 9:50 am

Wlad could chin him, but if Wlad opens up he will get chinned too.

I predict another stinker. Fury points!

AdamT

Posts : 6651
Join date : 2014-03-27

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 12:35 pm

I think people would be happy to see either one KO'd. Don't think Fury has anywhere near the rabid fanbase that AJ currently has and even fighting in his "home town" I'm of the opinion that there'll be as many fence-sitters as Fury fans

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I think people would be happy to see either one KO'd. Don't think Fury has anywhere near the rabid fanbase that AJ currently has and even fighting in his "home town" I'm of the opinion that there'll be as many fence-sitters as Fury fans

First really undisputable bonafide Heavyweight champion from Britain in decades...

He's not taken off as he ??..............Wonder if it's him or a general malaise around Boxing......

Maybe Britain has had so many alphabet champs that it doesn't get the real thing when it comes along......that is not a pop.... it is all alphabet crap these days.

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40605
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by Guest Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I think people would be happy to see either one KO'd. Don't think Fury has anywhere near the rabid fanbase that AJ currently has and even fighting in his "home town" I'm of the opinion that there'll be as many fence-sitters as Fury fans

First really undisputable bonafide Heavyweight champion from Britain in decades...

He's not taken off as he ??..............Wonder if it's him or a general malaise around Boxing......

Maybe Britain has had so many alphabet champs that it doesn't get the real thing when it comes along......that is not a pop.... it is all alphabet crap these days.
No, he wasn't popular prior to his fight with Wlad and, to be fair, had done nothing to suggest we should be getting excited about him. Questionable fitness, punch power/resistance and dedication does not whet the appetite

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by EX7EY Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:30 pm

He's not taken off, Truss, in my opinion because he has 'alienated' real boxing fans from day 1 and he is not really one for the 'casual' fan. I like him and he's entertaining but many don't. I remember this board when he was up and coming, he was absolutely ridiculed constantly. There used to be a poster that kept coming on here saying he would be world champ and they got all sorts of abuse (they were wumming to be fair) and now look.

AJ has the massive PR machine, he's handsome, ripped, knocks people out. The casual fans don't care that he was basically handed Fury's belt. In fact i'd be confident in saying 80% of people that profess to be boxing fans don't understand 80% of boxing.

All my friends were buzzing when Haye came back and when he knocked out that De Mori bouncer fellow they were laughing at me because they were adamant Haye cleans out Fury and I told them they were talking rubbish. That's who you are generally dealing with unless you are on a forum like this.

EX7EY

Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 37
Location : Salford

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by horizontalhero Fri 23 Sep 2016, 1:58 pm

He's not taken off because he not good to watch- he's no puncher, and he boxes with all the gracefulness of a giraffe on roller-skates, oh, and he's an absolute arse. Add to that that he's not fought in a year, and Britain has heavy weight knockout artist who fights every 3-4 months and is a household name. Outside of boxing geeks like us, no one gives a toss about linearship or who's the real champion, and if Fury doesn't get his act together, he'll become boxings lost man while AJ continues to charm the public.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by milkyboy Fri 23 Sep 2016, 3:00 pm

EX7EY wrote:In fact i'd be confident in saying 80% of people that profess to be boxing fans don't understand 80% of boxing.

I like to think that on this forum we outperform your figures. It must be well into the 90's who DKSAB.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

horizontalhero wrote:He's not taken off because he not good to watch- he's no  puncher, and he boxes with all the gracefulness of a giraffe on roller-skates, oh, and he's an absolute arse. Add to that that he's not fought in a year, and Britain has heavy weight knockout artist who fights every 3-4 months and is a household name. Outside of boxing geeks like us, no one gives a toss about linearship or who's the real champion, and if Fury doesn't get his act together, he'll become boxings lost man while AJ continues to charm the public.

Don't sit on the fence Horizontal.... Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40605
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:24 pm

Still don't understand why Fury gets so much hate

He had to win every round beyond doubt and he pretty much did, still nearly lost on the cards....

He beat THE man at heavyweight and is undisputed number 1

If you think its a case of Wlad just throwing more punches, you are in for a big shock

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by kingraf Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:27 pm

As I said to a mate of mine... The people who Don't like Ze gays are generally not the people who like travelers. And the people who like travelers are generally not the people who hate Ze gays.
200k people bought Cleverly-Bellew. 400+k bought Joshua vs Whyte. Which was apparently eclipsed by AJ's coronation fight. Which was itself eclipsed by GGG-Brook. Domestic dust ups can sell out in GB. Fury doesn't sell because... well, he's a out of shape lump who is a homophobic traveler, who has a boring boxing style who's good for nothing more than (not) amusing soundbites
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Posts : 16602
Join date : 2012-06-06
Age : 29
Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 4:58 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Still don't understand why Fury gets so much hate

He had to win every round beyond doubt and he pretty much did, still nearly lost on the cards....

He beat THE man at heavyweight and is undisputed number 1

If you think its a case of Wlad just throwing more punches, you are in for a big shock

I wish you wouldn't keep using the word...... Hate......

Nobody hates Fury not even Horizontal........He's just a boxer that irritates a section of fans....Me included.


TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40605
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Still don't understand why Fury gets so much hate

He had to win every round beyond doubt and he pretty much did, still nearly lost on the cards....

He beat THE man at heavyweight and is undisputed number 1

If you think its a case of Wlad just throwing more punches, you are in for a big shock

I wish you wouldn't keep using the word...... Hate......

Nobody hates Fury not even Horizontal........He's just a boxer that irritates a section of fans....Me included.


Ok, irritates..

But why does he irritate you? His out of the ring persona?

Man we need guys like that, who trash talk, it brings entertainment

They should sell the Wilder vs Fury press conferences on PPV

BoxingFan88

Posts : 3759
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 23 Sep 2016, 5:56 pm

Perhaps if we did hate him he'd be a bigger draw....Like Degale who is another irritation people probably just think bollox to him....

Difference is being irritating comes naturally to Degale... where as it is a reaction I think Fury looks for..

I think Fury tries to hard to achieve it..

But you like him and good luck to you...Pays your money and takes your choice..

TRUSSMAN66

Posts : 40605
Join date : 2011-02-02

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by hazharrison Fri 23 Sep 2016, 6:05 pm

Fury hasn't felt the need to be more aggressive in previous fights when the crowd got on his back in boring fights (Chisora 2 springs to mind). Plus, will anyone even be there? Everyone I link has returned tickets and Hennessy have completely cocked up the pricing strategy.

Fury may get knocked out but the crowd are unlikely to play a part - he doesn't work like that.

hazharrison

Posts : 7540
Join date : 2011-03-26

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by horizontalhero Sat 24 Sep 2016, 11:59 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
BoxingFan88 wrote:Still don't understand why Fury gets so much hate

He had to win every round beyond doubt and he pretty much did, still nearly lost on the cards....

He beat THE man at heavyweight and is undisputed number 1

If you think its a case of Wlad just throwing more punches, you are in for a big shock

I wish you wouldn't keep using the word...... Hate......

Nobody hates Fury not even Horizontal........He's just a boxer that irritates a section of fans....Me included.

I actually feel sorry for him Truss, and I hate to see a boxer waste his career. Kirkland Laing was one of my absolute heros, and after beating Duran the world should have been his oyster- Fury could go the same way.

horizontalhero

Posts : 938
Join date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by milkyboy Sat 24 Sep 2016, 12:46 pm

He's bi-polar, comes across as reasonably well balanced some of the time, and as an off the scale ranting lunatic at others.

Should join here.

I used to find him mildly entertaining, as it was obvious he didn't take himself seriously, but his behaviour and attitude is harder and harder to justify.

milkyboy

Posts : 7761
Join date : 2011-05-22

Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:40 pm

EX7EY wrote: There used to be a poster that kept coming on here saying he would be world champ and they got all sorts of abuse (they were wumming to be fair) and now look..

Yes I remember him, he couldn't spell and generally wrote Twitter-like sentences. I think his name might have been Tyson Fury.
He had home advantage? I didn't know that it was taking place on a caravan site?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !! Empty Re: Fury v Wlad 2 - Home "Advantage" could be a problem for Fury !!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum