The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+24
wadey101
Barney92
Hibbz
Skyforger
Breadvan
TM Moot
Thomond
Take it to the house
RDuncan8
adams_legend
Number-25
skins4ever
Bull
twelve283
Lowlandbrit
NYJ
sodhat
Pr4wn
mikeygnfl
BamBam
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 3 Nov - 19:36

First topic message reminder :

I still dream of Sudfeld and Gronk over the middle Dave Sad 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Sun 17 Nov - 21:29

The Eagles have their first home win since week 4 2013

And lead the NFC East.

Redskins left it far too late to expose a secondary down 2 starters. Now 3-7 and swept by the Eagles that probably seals any hopes of a comeback. Unfair to wonder if time is running out on Shanahan as a NFL HC?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Number-25 Sun 17 Nov - 21:29

Well, fair play to the Redskins, this is a new variation now on finding a way to lose - suck all over the field for 3 quarters, mount the unlikliest of comebacks, tease us by getting within 18 yards of a potential game tying TD then have the "star" QB throw a game killing INT.

RG3 was very reminiscent today of a more mobile version of Jason Campbell.....

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Sun 17 Nov - 21:40

I only pray that he is having a Cam Newton like sophomore slump, and next year he will be back better than ever. A lot of similarities with last years Panthers for the Skins?...

Funny enough, that late game surge pushed him just past Foles in scoring so it wasn't that bad a choice to play him anyway. Small mercies...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 17 Nov - 21:46

GSC wrote:The Eagles have their first home win since week 4 2013

And lead the NFC East.

Redskins left it far too late to expose a secondary down 2 starters. Now 3-7 and swept by the Eagles that probably seals any hopes of a comeback. Unfair to wonder if time is running out on Shanahan as a NFL HC?
No, I don't think it is unfair to wonder that GSC. Snyder has a decision to make this offseason IMO. Next year, as a result of the cap penalty the last 2 years, we will have a ton of money to spend in FA and God knows, that roster needs money spent on it. However, if you don't extend Shanahan's contract this offseason then your giving a coach all that cash to spend who might only be around for 1 year. Any new guy coming in would be stuck with a bunch of guys he might not want and then you're into another few years of transition and roster turnover. If you give Shanahan that money to spend next offseason then you have to extend his contract and given what I said earlier about us not being any better off now than we were under Zorn, do you really want to do that?? You can make a strong case for clearing out the coaching staff and giving next year's $$$ to a new guy to start afresh. FWIW, I'm really not sure what I would do. I don't think anyone can say though that they're pleased with where the Redskins are at just now 4 years into the Shanahan era.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Nov - 22:01

I have to agree with Smoot that the game seems to have passed Shanahan by.

Whether the future is Shanahan JR is up in the air (The McNabb saga and RG3 injury raise some red flags for me)
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Nov - 22:03

Time has certainly run out on Kubiak. Never got the team to take that next step
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 17 Nov - 22:11

Smoot is a motormouth - he'll say anything for attention. I don't buy that the game has passed Shanahan by. Old fashioned coaching is not our problem. I'm not sold on Shanahan Jr.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Take it to the house Sun 17 Nov - 22:16

Sherman just got faked out on a double move by Jarius Wright, always fun to see! What was more surprising is that Ponder found him!

Take it to the house

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 17 Nov - 22:23

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Ku-xlarge

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 17 Nov - 22:24

The Skins gameplan really confused me.

Fletcher, Wolff out, Chung and Coleman hurt. Roc Carmichael playing outside. And they ran into stout front until its 24-0 in the 4th.

Credit to them for coming back, but this game not being a blowout is on the Eagles.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 17 Nov - 22:53

skins4ever wrote:I only pray that he is having a Cam Newton like sophomore slump, and next year he will be back better than ever. A lot of similarities with last years Panthers for the Skins?...

Funny enough, that late game surge pushed him just past Foles in scoring so it wasn't that bad a choice to play him anyway. Small mercies...
I think you're being harsh on the Panthers...

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 17 Nov - 22:57

Eagles should have took the game to the Redskins in the second half rather than taking their foot off the gas. I can see Shanahan being given another year simply because RG3 wasn't 100% going into this season.

Rookie QB ranking:-
1) Mike Glennon
2) EJ Manuel
3) Geno Smith
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Sun 17 Nov - 23:01

Hope fans at the Ravens/Bears game didn't make any other plans today.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Sun 17 Nov - 23:07

GSC wrote:The Skins gameplan really confused me.

Fletcher, Wolff out, Chung and Coleman hurt. Roc Carmichael playing outside. And they ran into stout front until its 24-0 in the 4th.

Credit to them for coming back, but this game not being a blowout is on the Eagles.
Redskins best player is Alfred Morris. Coaches know that after Garcon, there isn't a Redskins WR that you can count on to get separation. This was a must win game for us so I guess the idea was to put it in the hands of our top man, Morris and then take our shots in the passing game.

WR must be a priority position for us next offseason. O-Line too. RG3 must be given more time in that pocket if he is to develop as a pro passer.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 17 Nov - 23:11

Bears and Ravens is 20-20 and going into OT. A big OT that is with the NFC North there for the taking by the Bears with the Lions losing and the Packers heading that way. The Ravens are still in the mix for a playoff spot in the AFC and a win would certainly help them out.

NFC East standings
Eagles 6-5
Cowboys 5-5
Giants 3-6
Redskins 3-7

Giants currently leading the Packers and face the Cowboys and Redskins in the next two weeks. Eagles got their bye next week. Redskins got the 49ers before facing the Giants.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Nov - 23:28

New Orleans seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Sun 17 Nov - 23:39

Still a very happy Bucs fan! Gerald McCoy is a monster.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 18 Nov - 0:32

Oh my word what a horrible call. Clear intentional grounding on Kaepernick
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 18 Nov - 0:39

Great no call. He was clearly outside the tackle box.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 0:48

49ers lose again. They are now tying with the Cardinals on 6-4. The Panthers, Bears and Eagles are all on six wins too. Are the 49ers missing someone to manage their games?

Talking of Alex Smith... The biggest game of the season so far is just under an hour away.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 1:05

It looks like the Terrelle Pryor era could be over in Oakland.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 1:07

Pr4wn wrote:Still a very happy Bucs fan! Gerald McCoy is a monster.
I thought the Buccaneers had enough talent to compete this year. Where have they been in the first eight weeks?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Nov - 1:41

Been looking forward to this game. Chiefs D# is full of underrated players.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Nov - 1:43

100% have to catch that Avery.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 1:47

49ers throw away, Marcus Cooper, has been doing pretty well in his rookie season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Nov - 2:02

Broncos start running picks to beat the man coverage

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 2:05

Crazy 30 seconds. The Broncos fumble then the Chiefs fumble.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 2:10

10-0 to the Broncos. The first time the Chiefs have been down by two scores this season.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 18 Nov - 2:24

Nice drive by the Chiefs. 3rd and goal completion for the TD.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 2:27

twelve283 wrote:Nice drive by the Chiefs. 3rd and goal completion for the TD.
The game needed that.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 18 Nov - 3:22

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 6 Bzuqz011
The Vikings are doing better than I thought.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 18 Nov - 9:15

mikeygnfl wrote:It looks like the Terrelle Pryor era could be over in Oakland.
We looked better with a pocket passer and an accurate one at that. Our receivers are still dropping catchable balls though, Denarius Moore has inconsistent hands and aside from Streater I can't really see a target I'd call reliable.

Jennings has looked good for us, outplaying McFadden who looks like he's done in Oakland. He will be productive elsewhere probably, that's how these things work.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Nov - 10:49

49ers in a big hole now. NFC West is gone and losses to both NFC South contenders. If they don't right the ship soonish, they might be watching from home in January.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Nov - 11:02

Geno Smith seems to be getting worse as the season goes on. Something that needs addressing if the Jets want that 2nd wildcard.

The Giants have beaten Josh Freeman, Matt Barkley, Terell Pryor and Scott Tolzien but they've till hauled themselves back into the NFC East. Dallas next week sets up as close to a must win for both teams.

The Bucs seem to be playing hard for Schianos job...

Don't rule the Falcons out of going from #1 seed to #1 pick. It's getting uglier.

The Lions still find ways to lose games. Expect Schwartz to be fired if they miss the postseason

That said its not nearly as ugly as in Houston. Yanking Keenum for Schaub says it all about Kubiaks job security.

GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Nov - 11:06

Putting Schaub back in for Keenum has got to be one of the strangest QB decisions in a while

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 18 Nov - 11:31

GSC wrote:49ers in a big hole now. NFC West is gone and losses to both NFC South contenders. If they don't right the ship soonish, they might be watching from home in January.
They've gotta hope Crabtree comes back asap cos they're passing attack is woeful. Cardinals are sneakily 6-4 right on their tails
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 18 Nov - 13:37

Anyone know what's happened to niner and cherries? Maybe they're the same person...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Nov - 14:13

Shocked

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 18 Nov - 14:14

They are both participating in activities involving a noose. But wildly different activities.

Although I happen to know cherries is busy with college or school or whatever it is his age group does now.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 18 Nov - 15:11

It's called play group I think

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Nov - 15:31

Spellcheck must be faulty
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon 18 Nov - 15:37

Maybe he cut his typing hand with some safety scissors during remedial cutting and pasting?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Nov - 15:50

Brave decision by the NFL to keep Giants Skins on SNF

If the Giants lose next week that game means little
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 18 Nov - 22:12

Maybe Niner was right. All 3 QBs on the 49ers roster last season started yesterday.

Sadly they also went 0-3
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 18 Nov - 22:26

Quietly confident about tonight. Certainly feel more chance of winning this one than the Denver game next Sunday
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Tue 19 Nov - 2:05

When did Talib sign for Carolina?

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 19 Nov - 2:53

Moving the ball fine, just stupid crappy individual errors killing us. Pathetic getting involved in personal foul penalties
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 19 Nov - 3:21

Gronk carries 3 guys into the endzone, cos who wants to party alone?

Finally don't shoot ourselves in the foot, good start to the half
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 19 Nov - 4:37

I didn't realise you could Frak tackle the receiver in the endzone.

Ref threw the flag and choked.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 19 Nov - 8:34

Was a penalty, but don't think ill ever have it in me to side with Pats fans on blown calls
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next