The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price weighing up Chisora fight.

+3
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Qoxiivi
7 posters

Go down

Price weighing up Chisora fight. Empty Price weighing up Chisora fight.

Post by Qoxiivi Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:06 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/24999197

Like how honest Price is and I think that he's right. This would be a very hard first fight, given what's gone before it.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Price weighing up Chisora fight. Empty Re: Price weighing up Chisora fight.

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

He'd needs a few gimmes against German/EE tomato cans. Try regain a bit of confidence.

Chis is probably too big an ask whenever they fight but certainly if they fought now when he's so fragile.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:14 pm

Price would lose

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:16 pm

Only problem I forsee is that Fury would get into Price's head with relative ease. Not that Fury is a master of mind games, I just feel that Price is a little too sensitive for that aspect ofthe modern game.

The longer the build-up, the more the doubts creep in and then on fight night....FREEEEEEZE.

Price needs help with his mental make-up and that's precisely what Fury will target.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:20 pm

Price is in a difficult position because at 30 he is not a dinosaur by heavyweight standards so cannot really afford to waste two years fighting nobodies as he is still pretty inexperienced so needs guys who are going to actually teach him something. For me there appear to be three issues with Price, the first is his chin, in this respect Chisora may fit the bill because of all the relatively top tier heavies I don’t get the impression he is the biggest of punchers.

His other issues are his stamina and confidence. In these respects Chisora is all wrong at the minute. Dereck seems to have a good set of whiskers so is likely to still be there in the second half and since he lost some timber his output is not too bad, so he is likely to make Price fight at a lick. Also Chisora is a bit of a loose cannon, he is going to have plenty to say for himself in the build up and not be shy at getting in David’s face, if his confidence is fragile Dereck’s antics are hardly likely to help with this.

For me this is not a fight Price needs to be taking just yet. However if he does have any designs on mixing at the top level he should be looking at this within a fairly short time frame because Dereck is a guy who tends to lose to the better opponents so is a tough but by no means insurmountable challenge.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:23 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Only problem I forsee is that Fury would get into Price's head with relative ease. Not that Fury is a master of mind games, I just feel that Price is a little too sensitive for that aspect ofthe modern game.

The longer the build-up, the more the doubts creep in and then on fight night....FREEEEEEZE.

Price needs help with his mental make-up and that's precisely what Fury will target.

Why are you talking about Fury?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:25 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Only problem I forsee is that Fury would get into Price's head with relative ease. Not that Fury is a master of mind games, I just feel that Price is a little too sensitive for that aspect ofthe modern game.

Thats what I thought

Think Dave is on the beer already...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:27 pm

Rowley wrote:Price is in a difficult position because at 30 he is not a dinosaur by heavyweight standards so cannot really afford to waste two years fighting nobodies as he is still pretty inexperienced so needs guys who are going to actually teach him something. For me there appear to be three issues with Price, the first is his chin, in this respect Chisora may fit the bill because of all the relatively top tier heavies I don’t get the impression he is the biggest of punchers.

His other issues are his stamina and confidence. In these respects Chisora is all wrong at the minute. Dereck seems to have a good set of whiskers so is likely to still be there in the second half and since he lost some timber his output is not too bad, so he is likely to make Price fight at a lick. Also Chisora is a bit of a loose cannon, he is going to have plenty to say for himself in the build up and not be shy at getting in David’s face, if his confidence is fragile Dereck’s antics are hardly likely to help with this.

For me this is not a fight Price needs to be taking just yet. However if he does have any designs on mixing at the top level he should be looking at this within a fairly short time frame because Dereck is a guy who tends to lose to the better opponents so is a tough but by no means insurmountable challenge.
I think he tried that with Thompson. For me, the mental aspect of his game is critical. Get that sorted and the nervous energy/tightness that causes him to expend more energy than necessary pretty much takes care of itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:28 pm

Steffan wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Thats what I thought

Think Dave is on the beer already...
I'm battling on a few too many fronts (bit like the Nazis who I've already referred to in another post)

Keep an eye out for my Price/ Froch comments later

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm

I wouldn't hold it against Price for not defending against Chisora. He and Moloney made a bad decision re-matching Thompson and he must learn from that.

Chisora is on a roll and would be favourite to beat the currently fragile Price. Price's only chance would be an early KO which couldn't be ruled out.

If I was managing Price I would have him fighting 4 times next year against increasingly better opponents. Then he is in a position to confidently take on Chisora. He should have addressed his major stamina issues in some form by then. My feeling is he needs to conserve energy prior to the fight and in the ring by staying out of range. Adam Booth is one of the smuggest, self loving, confident people I have ever seen. If 5% of that wears off on Price he will be a different fighter.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Keep an eye out for my Price/ Froch comments later
Will do although I may be too busy hopefully watching Germany stuff England in football

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 3:33 pm

Strongback wrote:I wouldn't hold it against Price for not defending against Chisora.  He and Moloney made a bad decision re-matching Thompson and he must learn from that.

Chisora is on a roll and would be favourite to beat the currently fragile Price.  Price's only chance would be an early KO which couldn't be ruled out.

If I was managing Price I would have him fighting 4 times next year against increasingly better opponents.  Then he is in a position to confidently take on Chisora.  He should have addressed his major stamina issues in some form by then.  My feeling is he needs to conserve energy prior to the fight and in the ring by staying out of range.  Adam Booth is one of the smuggest, self loving, confident people I have ever seen. If 5% of that wears off on Price he will be a different fighter.  
Whereas if you trained him, he'd be a shoe-in for the #1 HW of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:14 pm

Steffan wrote:
Will do although I may be too busy hopefully watching Germany stuff England in football
Who are Chris Coleman's red army playing?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:39 pm

Steffany's hatred for every Liverpudlian shining through because Bellew called Cleverly a rat
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Who are Chris Coleman's red army playing?
No one. Which is good as its the only chance we have of not losing

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 19 Nov 2013, 6:58 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Steffany's hatred for every Liverpudlian shining through because Bellew called Cleverly a rat
Sadly for Bellew 'The Rat' won Smile 

Where does your hatred for Clev come from? I thought he treated your sister ok actually. Better than I did

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down