The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which international team do you dislike the most?

+53
OzT
boomeranga
maestegmafia
dummy_half
glamorganalun
Cyril
RubyGuby
ME-109
thebandwagonsociety
nobbled
Nachos Jones
21st Century Schizoid Man
Allty
Scrumpy
Galted
Comfort
hugehandoff
GunsGerms
funnyExiledScot
XR
Luckless Pedestrian
Breadvan
Exiledinborders
Fantasticbarnsmell
ChequeredJersey
SecretFly
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
BigTrevsbigmac
Engine#4
Notch
jimmyinthewell68
BristolDave
The Great Aukster
aucklandlaurie
doctor_grey
Scratch
blackcanelion
Pal Joey
Jhamer25
rainbow-warrior
Cardiff Dave
quinsforever
TJ
Rugby Fan
Barney McGrew did it
Geordie
offload
The Saint
tigerleghorn
Biltong
Bullsbok
Steffan
57 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Which international team do you dislike the most? Empty Which international team do you dislike the most?

Post by Steffan Fri 22 Nov 2013, 6:53 pm

With me it always used to be the English. The fans are ok but the players and media associated were so arrogant and smug

Recently though it has to be the Irish what with the whining bitterness that we had this year with O' Driscoll not being good enough to make the starting 15 for the final test

I enjoy watching both teams lose to be honest but when they play each other next il probably cheer on England

What about you lot then folks...whos your most disliked international team?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Which international team do you dislike the most? Empty Re: Which international team do you dislike the most?

Post by Bullsbok Fri 22 Nov 2013, 6:58 pm

Theres no way this thread will end well. Might be a bit of banter but very ill advised....
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Which international team do you dislike the most? Empty Re: Which international team do you dislike the most?

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:00 pm

Wales. Oh wait a minute, I'm welsh...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:02 pm

Anyway, I'll still say wales. We're so inconsistent it makes me hurt, and we aren't 'cool' like France so we can't get a way with the 'Which team will turn up' or 'je ne sais quoi' thing the French do (even though that is just blatant inconsistency too)!

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:06 pm

I don't dislike any team, there are some teams I favour, but if SA is not playing I tend to support the underdog.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tigerleghorn Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

I'm sure this is one poll England will win comfortably.

tigerleghorn

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:50 pm

Everyone dislikes Wales, I thought that was obvious.

NZ, SA and England are also pretty disliked. I don't personally dislike any nation or person because of who they are/where they're from. That's just daft.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 22 Nov 2013, 7:55 pm

When my team isn't playing I always support the underdog - unless of course they are wearing white.
Wink 
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:03 pm

Its not the teams its the fans that nark me off...but ill not say which team...on the borders of England though! and its not the northern border..!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:07 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Its not the teams its the fans that nark me off...but ill not say which team...on the borders of England though! and its not the northern border..!!
Strange that Geordie - I find the French fans very hospitable. Wink 
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 22 Nov 2013, 8:09 pm

Laugh 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Fri 22 Nov 2013, 9:44 pm

Finland - I know you should back the underdog, but any team ranked 100th deserves a slapping.

Oh, and Wales of course.
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 22 Nov 2013, 9:47 pm

Belgium. When their fans get on the trappist, they can be insufferable.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Fri 22 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm

ABE - anyone but england - apart from when its england / Aus - 'cos everyone enjoys seeing Aus get humped Whistle 

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:17 pm

has there ever been a greater gap between the current admiration for a national rugby team, and the indifference felt for the noisiest of its fans, as Wales?

great team in the 70s. world beaters. mercurial. great players and fans alike.

nowadays, decent team in global context, noisy fans over-sensitive and deluded...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:24 pm

quinsforever wrote:has there ever been a greater gap between the current admiration for a national rugby team, and the indifference felt for the noisiest of its fans, as Wales?

nowadays, decent team in global context, noisy fans over-sensitive and deluded...
?.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:32 pm

has to be england for sooooooooo many reasons and on soooooooooooooooooooo many levels. I guess it should be some team Wales can not beat but no, still england Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:34 pm

I dislike any team's supporters that dislike Welsh supporters on the basis of a handful of anonymous people on here. Particularly when words like sensitive are banded about (oh the irony).

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:38 pm

thats a bit more like it

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 22 Nov 2013, 11:47 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I dislike any team's supporters that dislike Welsh supporters on the basis of a handful of anonymous people on here. Particularly when words like sensitive are banded about (oh the irony).
Team Wales only supporters are incrdeibly annoying mind ewe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:06 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I dislike any team's supporters that dislike Welsh supporters on the basis of a handful of anonymous people on here. Particularly when words like sensitive are banded about (oh the irony).
Team Wales only supporters are incrdeibly annoying mind ewe.
I don't bother attending the stadium nowadays anyway. Don't fancy remortgaging every time I want a trip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:10 am

According to someone on hear all Welsh fans are deluded.
Nice thing to say isn't it

Australia, they are too jammy and lucky for my liking. I'm not going to be so childish and pathetic to say that all their fans are deluded though.
They have some good qualities and i accept that but when they haven't had their best game and still end up scraping a win in the closing minutes, that's what really bugs me and hey always seem to do it.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:16 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
quinsforever wrote:has there ever been a greater gap between the current admiration for a national rugby team, and the indifference felt for the noisiest of its fans, as Wales?

?.
llanelli vs nz, but one example

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Nov 2013, 12:26 am

quinsforever wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

?.
llanelli vs nz, but one example
Quite right. There was a hiccup in the 70s when the Scarlets beat the Blacks. Rules were different then however ie there weren't any.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 23 Nov 2013, 1:00 am

Jhamer25 wrote:According to someone on hear all Welsh fans are deluded.

Australia, they are too jammy and lucky for my liking. I'm not going to be so childish and pathetic to say that all their fans are deluded though.
They have some good qualities and i accept that but when they haven't had their best game and still end up scraping a win in the closing minutes, that's what really bugs me and hey always seem to do it.
The Wallabies , masters at picking up victory from the jaws of defeat . Heck not even Jaws , bast4rds pull victory from the gullet of defeat:D 
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 1:10 am

Jhamer25 wrote:According to someone on hear all Welsh fans are deluded.

Shocked Some interesting descriptions there, Jhamer.

So we're jammy, then? Laugh

I'm a bit like Biltong. Generally support the underdog and don't really "hate" any team...............except Georgia perhaps. Whistle 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 23 Nov 2013, 1:53 am

Talking to a couple of lads at the tyre shop I use after the game. They were amazed that Tonga actually went to Europe to play matches....shows you the PI spirit don't it.

All agreed that the AB's were on a mighty roll, both agreed that Halfpenny was just as deserving as Read.

All agreed that the AB's need to lose before the next world cup.

Fact is the only unrealistic Kiwis I ever seem to meet are on this board ... not all of them mind.

Thing is who will beat them, if any? Going into the World Cup unbeaten for almost 3 years apart from the England game will be pushing it some.

Anyway we both agreed it was England that were disliked with a almost as much for the Aussies Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:09 am

I'm sure you, me and the rest of us are all quite different in real life. Very Happy 

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:21 am

More bile from quinsforever….i wonder if he can go for 24hrs without his insecurity demanding he take some pathetic swipe at 'Wales fans'.

Go on, i bet you can't.

ALL Wales fans must be deluded and over sensitive. Really?

I wonder how he would react if a Welsh fan said that about England

Not going to lower myself to your level quoins by attacking your fellow fans, but you really do behave like pond life sometimes

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:25 am

blackcanelion wrote:I'm sure you, me and the rest of us are all quite different in real life. Very Happy 
Well if you pop down to the Welsh Dragon Pub in Welly next week at 0600 in the morning you can meet me and the rest. I am down in the capital for a weekend staying in the Art Museum Hotel, I love getting down to meet the lads in the pub every year, good beer and company. Just get your ticket from the pub before next Saturday as it is a special licence granted for the pub for the AI's.Wales Wales 
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:30 am

Scratch wrote:More bile from quinsforever….i wonder if he can go for 24hrs without his insecurity demanding he take some pathetic swipe at 'Wales fans'.

Go on, i bet you can't.

ALL Wales fans must be deluded and over sensitive. Really?

I wonder how he would react if a Welsh fan said that about England

Not going to lower myself to your level quoins by attacking your fellow fans, but you really do behave like pond life sometimes

as i said scratch, just the noisy ones.

you know who you are...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:37 am

Possibility. I'm due back early Saturday morning. Kid's sports usually in afternoon and wife's a doctor (on call?). What's the event, just the game? I hear the owners a bit of legend, used to run a restaurant down the road, until he moved on. Service was apparently sometimes a bit slow, but more than made up for his personality and the atmosphere. It's replacement is a bit of dog. Wonder if the pub's the only converted public toilet in the western world. Hats off to him. Hug 

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:37 am

quins

being you must be a nightmare

by your own admission you enjoy watching people get wound up…on a internet forum

Must be a pretty bored individual to get off on that

read your post

you did not distinguish just us noisy ones

So don't hide behind the anonymity of the internet

Come out and name and shame

You are on a rugby forum, people express their opinions and the difference between you and the majority of great posters is you think your opinion constitutes fact

You are an antagonistic stereotypical bore regarding Wales

An 'ABW' who has such a hang up about Wales that you can't stop yourself posting carp at every opportunity. Really, you spend so much time on Welsh threads, yet you know so little about Welsh rugby

Do us noisy, over sensitive and deluded fans a favor and go and play elsewhere there's a good lad

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 23 Nov 2013, 2:54 am

Just re read your post RW. 6am Sunday. I'll try and make it. Only issue will be if wife's on call. Look out for slightly overweight, greying gent about 5'10.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 23 Nov 2013, 3:11 am

blackcanelion wrote:Possibility. I'm due back early Saturday morning. Kid's sports usually in afternoon and wife's a doctor (on call?). What's the event, just the game? I hear the owners a bit of legend, used to run a restaurant down the road, until he moved on. Service was apparently sometimes a bit slow, but more than made up for his personality and the atmosphere. It's replacement is a bit of dog. Wonder if the pub's the only converted public toilet in the western world. Hats off to him.  Hug 
Ken and his Mrs have been there 10 years now, a larger than life man from Newport originally.  I was there for the 8th birthday last time, mind you Whangarei to Wellington is a hell of a drive for a pint lol.  Yes they got a special licence for all the AI's so they could open for them and the ticket only was to prevent the all nighters going there.  I love the place very surprising how many Welsh there are in Wellington.  Mind you a lot of English pop in there too, well fair play they need somewhere to go don't they lol.  It's an amazing place to go, wall to wall flags and other bits and pieces.  Most Welsh stars go there and Tom Jones & Bryn Terfyl have their pics there.  Jonesy the manager is a star as well.

As you say from craphouse to Pub, but it is a brilliant place, hope to visit it far more often.Which international team do you dislike the most? <a href=Which international team do you dislike the most? Slider12" />
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Sat 23 Nov 2013, 3:16 am

rainbow-warrior wrote:
blackcanelion wrote:Possibility. I'm due back early Saturday morning. Kid's sports usually in afternoon and wife's a doctor (on call?). What's the event, just the game? I hear the owners a bit of legend, used to run a restaurant down the road, until he moved on. Service was apparently sometimes a bit slow, but more than made up for his personality and the atmosphere. It's replacement is a bit of dog. Wonder if the pub's the only converted public toilet in the western world. Hats off to him.  Hug 
Ken and his Mrs have been there 10 years now, a larger than life man from Newport originally.  I was there for the 8th birthday last time, mind you Whangarei to Wellington is a hell of a drive for a pint lol.  Yes they got a special licence for all the AI's so they could open for them and the ticket only was to prevent the all nighters going there.  I love the place very surprising how many Welsh there are in Wellington.  Mind you a lot of English pop in there too, well fair play they need somewhere to go don't they lol.  It's an amazing place to go, wall to wall flags and other bits and pieces.  Most Welsh stars go there and Tom Jones & Bryn Terfyl have their pics there.  Jonesy the manager is a star as well.

As you say from craphouse to Pub, but it is a brilliant place, hope to visit it far more often.Which international team do you dislike the most? <a href=Which international team do you dislike the most? Slider12" />
The last bit was a sign of admiration by the way. It takes vision and guts to make that kind of conversion.

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 23 Nov 2013, 3:19 am

scratch, is this a welsh thread? i never post unfair or personal comments on a matchday thread either so not sure what you're on about. was the IRB POTY debate a welsh thread too?

as is clear from my post, the noisiest welsh fans on this forum are the over-sensitive ones.

as is also clear from my post, i have much admiration for welsh rugby.

your over-sensitivity goes some way to validating my point.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 23 Nov 2013, 3:29 am

blackcanelion wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:

The last bit was a sign of admiration by the way. It takes vision and guts to make that kind of conversion.
Never doubted that:) to have survived 10 years says something and I am sure it will go on for another 10 years:Ale: 

rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 5:30 am

I support my club and country, then I tend to root for teams or players who I find engaging, positive rôle models, good stories, professional attitude, and so on.  

Wait a minute - seeing that written reads like a bit of holier-than-thou psychobable.  Apologies for that.  But, what the heck, I am English so I can pull it off.  

But if I had to pick a team to dislike, it would be difficult.   Wales is too easy, besides it ain't true and the cross-Severn stuff is pretty boring by now, no?  
Ireland? No.  Scotland, No.  France?  Like France.  Argies? no. SANZAR nations?  No.  
So, I choose to dislike Italy.   Why?  Because their weather is better than ours, their wine and food is better, and their women can walk on cobblestone streets in uber high heels and never fall down.  The sign of real women.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 23 Nov 2013, 5:39 am

It was a simple question Doc.

It required a simple answer. Wink

Now you have made me wonder what it looks like when an Italian woman walks on cobblestone streets with Uber High Heels.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 23 Nov 2013, 6:15 am

Imagine the fun GE would of had with this thread.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 23 Nov 2013, 6:23 am

Would probably have gone with England, then Wales, then South Africa, then start on the referees, the IRB, toast and then something totally off the wall.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:03 am

Biltong wrote:It was a simple question Doc.

It required a simple answer. Wink

Now you have made me wonder what it looks like when an Italian woman walks on cobblestone streets with Uber High Heels.
Sorry, my friend.  I took this as a true intellectual challenge.  Hence, my conclusion.

A few years ago a good mate and I were in Rome for a 6 Nations match.  On this one particular Friday evening in March the weather was perfect (ie. short skirts for the ladies).  Sitting in a cafe, it started as simple leering, as one would expect.  

However, it soon turned into admiration and, in fact, a discussion of the technical expertise required to always ensure the heel, with surface area not exceeding 1 sq cm always hit the stone and not the crack.  Remarkable.  I can't adequately explain, except to say I strongly recommend further study.  From a purely anthropological point of view, of course.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:06 am

I bet you were waiting for one of those scantily clothed ladies to make a misstep.

You perve..... Laugh 
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:11 am

And fall right into my lap......

Perve is such a terrible term. I prefer dirty old man.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:16 am

Werent you telling us how one fell into your lap at the Maoris game? Does this happen every time you go to the Rugby?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:20 am

The difference in the Philadelphia match was the girl was wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts. The women in Rome..............

By the way, this stuff never happened when I was single.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:27 am

What no pants and no shirt?

Jeez doc you get you moneys worth out of day out at the rugby.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 23 Nov 2013, 7:33 am

Well I didn't actually check exactly what she was wearing at the level of detail I should have. Maybe I was paying too much attention to the Rugby (signs of impending senility)?

It was enjoyable when she got excited and cheered. And I appreciate the Americans for making a match of it.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Nov 2013, 11:36 am

I've figured it out. doctor_grey is George Clooney. ER, grey hair, woman sitting on his lap, etc etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next