The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland

5 posters

Go down

Ireland Empty Ireland

Post by Cestlevie Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

I cannot watch Ireland play rugby again, I cannot drink a Guinness again and I've thrown my James Joyce books onto the fire.

The announcement should come from the Irish Rugby Union, that they are bulldozing the Aviva stadium, and Ireland will withdraw from all international rugby competition permanently.

There is no point in that generation of players ever playing the All Blacks again, let alone supporters going to watch another match involving these two. New Zealand played the worst 40 minutes of Rugby I have ever seen them play and Ireland STILL failed. I cant even look at the colour green without feeling a bit sick.

And I cant listen to how the All Blacks scored one of the great tries... blah blah blah. Ireland lost it. New Zealand wouldn't have been able to win it had a. They kept hold of the ball for 120 seconds, b. they were as fit as the All Blacks come the last 5 or so minutes or c. Sexton had kicked his kick to put Ireland 8 clear.

I don't think I've ever seen anything as bad as that. That kick simply had to be got. Imagine, if Da Vinci was just about to put the last brush stroke down on the "Mona Lisa" and he knocked his tea all over the canvas, with a clumsy move of the arm...

Cestlevie

Back to top Go down

Ireland Empty Re: Ireland

Post by PredictorofTeams Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:19 pm

WOW, what an ignoramus of a man you are.
New Zealand played badly because Ireland didn't allow them to play.Ireland's pack man handled them.Once NZ don't get front foot ball, they have no plan B and start to make mistakes.
Believe me , I was definitely more annoyed then you are, to such an extent that I broke my window from punching it.However this was no fluke, Ireland had clearly targeted this game from the start and held back their Joey moves for this one.
Ireland will win the slam, if they can consistently produce even up to 80% of that performance , throughout the 6N!!!!

PredictorofTeams

Back to top Go down

Post by Cestlevie Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:24 pm

NEWSFLASH! The six nations should be scrapped. It's abysmal. You're judged against the All Blacks and World Cup wins. Which by my reckoning makes Ireland irrelevant for at least the next 20 years!

Cestlevie

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:32 pm

!!!!

C'est la vie

!!!!

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Mon 25 Nov 2013, 10:40 pm

Interesting point about holding on to the ball for 120 seconds.

Not sure that is correct. Referees are very harsh on time wasting play now. In fact it was when Ireland chose to hang on to it that they conceded the fateful penalty.  Probably should've kicked deep for a corner - their line out was competing well. And running back from 90 meters is harder than 65.

No - the slip up occurred on 77 minutes when irelands had advantage for nonu's knock on. They played on under advantage and then kicked a shallow touch finder. NZ took the line out quickly.

Probably they should've stopped for the scrum, which would've eaten up more time.

Just a thought - who knows how that might've ended. I think the result almost inevitable to be fair.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Mon 25 Nov 2013, 11:13 pm

It's always going to be a risk to try and go through ruck phases to keep the ball. It's probably one of the main sources of last minute penalties. Sure, a penalty kick wouldn't have been enough, but it wasn't a safe area of the pitch against a team as lethal as the All Blacks.

It's almost as painful to think of what Ireland might have done differently as to watch that try get scored.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down