The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Attendance for Autumn Internationals

+10
HammerofThunor
Golden
quinsforever
fa0019
ScarletSpiderman
propdavid_london
nganboy
GloriousEmpire
Coleman
wayne
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Attendance for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Attendance for Autumn Internationals

Post by wayne Sun 01 Dec 2013, 7:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Millenium Stadium has a capacity of 74,500, if the Stadium was full for 3 matches that would be 223,500 spectators. In the 4 Autumn matches 66490 attended the SA match, with 46253 for Argentina, 46523 for Tonga and finally 67,436 for yesterdays match. That is a total of 226704 for 4 games. I was offered 2 free tickets for yesterdays game on Friday night at the Ospreys game, I was offered another 2 on Saturday morning in a box from a Bridgend firm that pays for it. I declined both offers. I was also offered the same type of box for the Tonga game which was also turned down.
What I'm getting at is the fact that the WRU cannot fill the Stadium against 2 of the 3 best teams in the World, why do they play this 4th International. Why don't they drop the Tonga game, the Australians are paid £750000 to fulfill this fixture, the Regions are paid just over a £1million to supply 30 odd players for over 3 MONTHS of the season, this amount was negotiated in 2008 and was part of the Participation Agreement. The WRU if a new agreement cannot be negotiated, wants this to be rolled over until 2018, which can be if the Regions agrees. This is part of the reason for the RRW stance on the HC debacle.
THOUGHTS are welcome

wayne

Back to top Go down

Attendance for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Re: Attendance for Autumn Internationals

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:14 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Coleman wrote:Wasn't the England v Aus game outside the window aswell? Australia must have made a fair bit of money on this our.
They need to the ARU are absolutely broke.
Oz Aid sorted for next year...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-one-final-chance-beat-6363463

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Attendance for Autumn Internationals - Page 2 Empty Re: Attendance for Autumn Internationals

Post by quinsforever Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:24 pm

no surprises there.

wonder if all the welsh stars who will be playing in france are going to get released outside the IRB window again?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 03 Dec 2013, 3:43 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Coleman wrote:Wasn't the England v Aus game outside the window aswell? Australia must have made a fair bit of money on this our.
They need to the ARU are absolutely broke.
Oz Aid sorted for next year...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-one-final-chance-beat-6363463
Aye saw that... It has already ruffled a few feathers in Welsh rugby.

After seeing how the PRL could not prevent George North from playing at our request we should make sure our other non Wales based players had watertight international release clauses in their club contracts.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2