The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

+50
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Pat_Mustard
Argybargy
XR
Tramptastic
tigertattie
tatterd
daidimview
ulster_on_the_up
TJ
bedfordwelsh
The Saint
The Great Aukster
glamorganalun
malky1963
luvtotup
Coleman
EWT Spoons
Manofthematch
Standulstermen
justified sinner
madmaccas
LeinsterFan4life
Cardiff Dave
GLove39
cakeordeath
Converter
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Artful_Dodger
Notch
21st Century Schizoid Man
maestegmafia
demosthenes
Tattie Scones RRN
VinceWLB
alexgmacdonald
Dorothy_Mantooth
IanBru
reallybored
wales606
funnyExiledScot
Newsilure
Captain_Sensible
MacKnocked-on
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
jimbopip
BigGee
George Carlin
54 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 Empty HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by George Carlin Mon 02 Dec 2013, 11:21 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow WarriorsHC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 Violen15v Cardiff Blues HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 502010

Friday 13 December 2013, KO 20:00
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports

Referee Pascal "I am not George Clancy" Gauzere (France)
Touch Judge 1 Patrick Pechambert (France)
Touch Judge 2 Jean-Luc Rebollal (France)
Fourth Official Philippe Bonhoure (France)
TMO Philippe Bonhoure (France)

Citing Commissioner John Cole (Ireland)

A. HC Form (last 4 games):

1. Warriors

6/12/13
Blues 29 - 20 Glasgow

20/10/13
Glasgow 20 - 16 Chiefs

13/10/13
Toulon 51 - 28 Glasgow

19/1/13
Glasgow 27 - 20 Saints

2. Blues

6/12/13
Blues 29 - 20 Glasgow

19/10/13
Blues 19 - 15 Toulon

13/10/13
Chiefs 44 - 29 Blues

19/1/13
Blues 26 - 14 Sharks

B. Table

TeamPWDLFABPPTS
1Toulon32018056210
2Cardiff Blues3201777919
3Exeter3102696337
4Glasgow3102689615
C. Teams

1. Warriors

15 Hogg
14 Maitland
13 McGuigan
12 Dunbar
11 Seymour
10 Jackson
09 Matawalu

01 Grant
02 MacArthur
03 Welsh
04 Nakarawa
05 Kellock
06 Harley
07 Holmes
08 Wilson

16 Hall
17 Big Jerry
18 Kalman
19 Strauss
20 Fusaro
21 Cusiter
22 Weir
23 DTH

2. Blues

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Richard Smith, 12 Rhys Patchell, 11 Harry Robinson, 10 Gareth Davies, 9 Lloyd Williams; 1 Sam Hobbs (c), 2 Kristian Dacey, 3 Taufa'ao Filise, 4 Chris Dicomidis, 5 Filo Paulo, 6 Macauley Cook, 7 Rory Watts-Jones, 8 Robin Copeland.

16 Marc Breeze, 17 Thomas Davies, 18 Benoit Bourrust, 19 James Down, 20 Ellis Jenkins, 21 Andries Pretorius, 22 Lewis Jones, 23 Dan Fish

D. Parliamo Glasgow:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 589312- Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 13 Dec 2013, 4:56 am; edited 9 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:19 pm

123456789 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
123456789 wrote:You have to question Toonie's decision making, for a windy night in Glasgow, he decides to bench two Scottish internationals in Weir and Cusiter who can control a game as well as anyone and decides to play an incredibly talented, but completely insane, Fijian who doesn't know the meaning of the word sensible and a, supposed, Scottish international who believes he was born in Fiji and cannot kick, and nor could any other Glasgow player. He decided to play an expansive game plan yet dropped the club's top try scorer and the week before sent the best outside-centre on a jolly to South Africa.

It really doesn't help that Rhys Patchell is the best fly-half in Britain by a mile.

Patchell isn't even first choice FH for the Blues?  Whistle 

He is.

What is it that Gatland sees in Preistland that means he is picked ahead of the best fly-half in the UK?

Dunno and don't care. This is a Glasgow and Cardiff thread.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by Totalflanker Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:26 pm

Credit to Cardiff, they were dogged in defence and took their opportunities when they came along.

Totalflanker

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:41 pm

Shame negative meters run aren't counted on that espn site, Fusaro would excel in that department.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues - Page 8 Empty Glasgow. Poor attitude or what?

Post by Cambo Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:47 pm

Gentleman as a new poster but one who has been following for some time, I feel it is time someone made the following points: 1) Glasgow for all our big talk have been beaten home and away by the second string of Wales third best team. 2) Again it is the fault of the coach-listen to yourselves. 3) Apart from glimmers last year when has Glasgow ever been a contender in this league. 4) Derby games coming up and the 'MFL' are very poor so should easily be beaten-well time will tell on that one.
So what to do? Stop the puffed up chest bit now, dig in and support your team and management now. Also forget the 'funny' nicknames bit-that is for winners of standing who have enjoyed several seasons of success. Parliamo Glasgow was funny 40 years ago but we must keep our comedy to the stage, not the field. The likes of the hilarious Kevin Bridges and Billy Connelly can do the funny stuff about willies, jobbies and being in the Brownies etc. The whole team must try. Not try harder, just try. Love frustrated me!

Cambo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:01 pm

Welcome Cambo. I think the nicknames is to make the whole thing bearable to be honest - most of them were started based on what people saw as flaws in a player (Desperate Dan, Knock on Nick) and it went from there.

I agree with you though - the players are to blame here. Not good enough. But the best WE can do is supporters is continue to support and give them something to play for.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:11 pm

And... the coaching is feckin rotten too. I want to get rid of Townsend Munro and Taylor now. Fucjin baw s bad selection band wrong . I said it as did many others. Cannot believe what I saw tonight . A Frak utter Frak disgrace !

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 12:03 am

Ouch, apparently in their 4 Heineken Cup games so far Glasgow have conceded 77 turnovers. That's shockingly bad.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:28 am

GLove39 wrote:Ouch, apparently in their 4 Heineken Cup games so far Glasgow have conceded 77 turnovers. That's shockingly bad.

That's APPALLING. Actually there's not a word to describe that, appalling isn't appalling enough!!

My 3rd team bottom of our respective league getting hammered with exception of one match, conceded less than that all season so far. Not kidding either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:30 am

This is what I mean about Scotland and their breakdown. Scotland don't have the strength and Glasgow just DON'T bother protecting the ball. I couldn't believe my eyes last night sometimes - it's very simple stuff.

I know it's easy when watching because you think things like "come on 'forwards' get in there" but in reality 'forwards' are 8 separate individuals that have to make independent decisions as to whether to go in or not. But in reality reality (that's a deeper level of reality if you're wondering) that's the point of coaching - to get a team to think as a unit. And it is clearly not happening. I think Matawalu is 40% of that problem by the way. I've never seen a scrum half look up so much instead of at what his own team is doing. Cusiter was oodles better

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:39 am

Well done Blues... Great result.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Dec 2013, 7:54 am

maestegmafia wrote:Well done Blues... Great result.

+1. The back row were a nuisance all game, Patchell was a threat and looks very promising and the side was incredibly composed and did what they had to do for 160 minutes. Congrats Blues - I would consider promoting some of your reserves but I wouldn't be surprised if you give Toulon a scare if you can prepare for it. Maybe this year Blues will do an Edinburgh (HC good, Rabo bad)

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 14 Dec 2013, 10:30 am

Very impressed with some of the young players having to step into the boots of experienced internationals

Not quite sure how Copeland got MOTM, I would have gone with Rory Watts-Jones or Kristian Dacey.

Patchell fitness and confidence is back, which makes him almost unplayable in some games.

Big win, now we just have to turn over Toulon in France...

wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Sat 14 Dec 2013, 4:02 pm

Glasgow's Heineken Cup efforts have been desperate again this season, too many players just not playing well enough (Maitland, Hogg etc etc),lack of tactical awareness and so on. If this was football or even an English or French privately owned rugby club then Townsend would probably be sacked now, a change of approach and attitude is certainly required to get back to last year's level of play.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sat 14 Dec 2013, 4:16 pm

Glasgow much like Scotland have got to make a decision about their first choice half backs, particularly the stand off. The chopping and changing is not helping them nor Scotland. For me Weir and Cus need to be given a run in the team and be allowed to build some form and confidence.

Niko is just not doing it at the moment and perhaps needs to go back out on the wing or just play as an impact player for a bit, he could be very good at that.

We have had the Jackson debate many times before and we are no further forward with it. He just never seems to bring the level of consistency you would expect from an international player. Give Weir the chance to make the shirt his own. He has never really had that so far and definitely deserves his chance. he is not the finished article yet but we need to see if he will ever become it.

Lets see a bit of Finn Russell off the bench as well. Wight is certainly not the future and I am sure will be off at the end of the year. Lets get the best team out for the next few weeks. We can now rest a few for the next round of HK matches, nothing to play for there.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 14 Dec 2013, 11:27 pm

Yes well on he evidence of last night Wight might be joined by a few others .   That is if they are not pi*sing it up like their thick wendyball counterparts in the pubs and clubs of Glasgow..  There seems to be a distinct lack of professionalism around at Scotstoun and the coaches have got to get a grip or ship out.   Tactically they are crap anyway as that dismal performance last night showed.  I think Sean Lineen would freak out with what has happened to his team.  
Tonight we saw rugby at its most vibrant skilful and dramatic with, again, Leinster v Northampton.  2 good teams going at it hammer and tongs.  Compare and contrast with last night's depressing garbage.   2 shieze teams going feckin nowhere.
The 1872 is shaping up to be one of the worst ever - 2 bald men fighting over a comb right enough !

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8