The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

+50
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
Pat_Mustard
Argybargy
XR
Tramptastic
tigertattie
tatterd
daidimview
ulster_on_the_up
TJ
bedfordwelsh
The Saint
The Great Aukster
glamorganalun
malky1963
luvtotup
Coleman
EWT Spoons
Manofthematch
Standulstermen
justified sinner
madmaccas
LeinsterFan4life
Cardiff Dave
GLove39
cakeordeath
Converter
A Simply Mesmeric Try
Artful_Dodger
Notch
21st Century Schizoid Man
maestegmafia
demosthenes
Tattie Scones RRN
VinceWLB
alexgmacdonald
Dorothy_Mantooth
IanBru
reallybored
wales606
funnyExiledScot
Newsilure
Captain_Sensible
MacKnocked-on
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
jimbopip
BigGee
George Carlin
54 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues Empty HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by George Carlin Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:21 am

Glasgow WarriorsHC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues Violen15v Cardiff Blues HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues 502010

Friday 13 December 2013, KO 20:00
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports

Referee Pascal "I am not George Clancy" Gauzere (France)
Touch Judge 1 Patrick Pechambert (France)
Touch Judge 2 Jean-Luc Rebollal (France)
Fourth Official Philippe Bonhoure (France)
TMO Philippe Bonhoure (France)

Citing Commissioner John Cole (Ireland)

A. HC Form (last 4 games):

1. Warriors

6/12/13
Blues 29 - 20 Glasgow

20/10/13
Glasgow 20 - 16 Chiefs

13/10/13
Toulon 51 - 28 Glasgow

19/1/13
Glasgow 27 - 20 Saints

2. Blues

6/12/13
Blues 29 - 20 Glasgow

19/10/13
Blues 19 - 15 Toulon

13/10/13
Chiefs 44 - 29 Blues

19/1/13
Blues 26 - 14 Sharks

B. Table

TeamPWDLFABPPTS
1Toulon32018056210
2Cardiff Blues3201777919
3Exeter3102696337
4Glasgow3102689615
C. Teams

1. Warriors

15 Hogg
14 Maitland
13 McGuigan
12 Dunbar
11 Seymour
10 Jackson
09 Matawalu

01 Grant
02 MacArthur
03 Welsh
04 Nakarawa
05 Kellock
06 Harley
07 Holmes
08 Wilson

16 Hall
17 Big Jerry
18 Kalman
19 Strauss
20 Fusaro
21 Cusiter
22 Weir
23 DTH

2. Blues

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Richard Smith, 12 Rhys Patchell, 11 Harry Robinson, 10 Gareth Davies, 9 Lloyd Williams; 1 Sam Hobbs (c), 2 Kristian Dacey, 3 Taufa'ao Filise, 4 Chris Dicomidis, 5 Filo Paulo, 6 Macauley Cook, 7 Rory Watts-Jones, 8 Robin Copeland.

16 Marc Breeze, 17 Thomas Davies, 18 Benoit Bourrust, 19 James Down, 20 Ellis Jenkins, 21 Andries Pretorius, 22 Lewis Jones, 23 Dan Fish

D. Parliamo Glasgow:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/ HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues 589312- Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:56 am; edited 9 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:33 am

Who is going to play IC for Glasgow? Lamont actually played pretty well on Friday, but it is hard to believe he will be fit this week or for any of the other group HC fixtures either.

With Dunbar and Ascarte also down at the moment we are thin on the ground there. Is Finn Russell in the HC squad? The other left field option, which may have to happen through lack of options anyway is playing Jacko at IC. It has been suggested before and could work and would maybe solve the problem of what to do with the both of them. Maybe this is the game to try it out!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 4: Glasgow Warriors v Cardiff Blues

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:30 pm

First up let me say, CLOWN SHOES FFS:doh: 

We could put DTH at 13 and angel at 12.
Or Wee Dunky at 10 and Ruaridh at 12. Which does free the flakey one to concentrate on running with the ball and not worry about all that stressful stuff like kicking or managing the game. The question would be, can he defend the 12 channel?
I also think that the WRFU's greed in squeezing in an extra fundraiser/ game of rugby may well come back to bite them on the bum. Surely some of the Blues internationals will be hors de combat come Friday.
Just think, we could see
6. Bluto
7. Fozzie
8.Wilson
Now there's a prospect.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Most of the bench on Friday played well and really put their hands up for selection. I would go with

Low
McArthur
Grant - if fit
Gray
Ryder - Swinson unlikely to be fit
Harley
Stauss
Fusaro - Holmes if not fit, he had a decent game on Friday
Cusiter
Weir
Seymour
Jackson
Bennett
DTH
Hogg - looked a lot better on his second game back

Bench:

Welsh
Hall
Yanuyanutawe
Kellock - just not as good as the others unfortunately
Wilson - not quite ready to start, but a great impact player
Niko - again, what a fantastic impact player he could be
Maitland - to be honest any of the back three could play

To be honest the back three could be any combination and I would be happy. You could even throw Niko into that mix, but he may decide to rest Seymour for this one as he has probably played the most recently.

The front row is difficult as well. Low did well for Scotland and welsh looked like he improved the scrum last week. Hall stabilised the line out as well when he came on. There really is genuine competition in these places.

If there are no other IC's fit I would go with Jacko. It is something that should be tried and Tooney is not averse to a bit of a gamble. Its not like Jamie Roberts is going to be coming straight at him of every play. We will never know if this is an option unless we try it. I prefer that to moving Bennett inside one spot.

Lots of options in the backrow as well, assuming they are all fit. I doubt if Wilson is fit enough to start yet, so another good impact game from him and then maybe to start next week!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Some great choices for Toonie to have to make. Equally it will be interesting to see how many of the Blouses' Welsh internationals are back in contention for this match - presumably Cuthbert and the centre (name escapes me?), but perhaps not Warburton or 1/2p? OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:18 pm

Glasgow fans, do you have concerns that Townsend doesn't know his best XV, and as such there has been mass player rotation week in week out?

Obviously it is good to have great strength in depth in a lot of positions, but I can't help but think part of the reason you haven't hit the same heights this year is due to the regular rotation.

I'm not saying Edinburgh are a good example, but Solomons pretty much knows his best starting XV, and I think that is a good thing.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:46 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Glasgow fans, do you have concerns that Townsend doesn't know his best XV, and as such there has been mass player rotation week in week out?

Obviously it is good to have great strength in depth in a lot of positions, but I can't help but think part of the reason you haven't hit the same heights this year is due to the regular rotation.

I'm not saying Edinburgh are a good example, but Solomons pretty much knows his best starting XV, and I think that is a good thing.
There is some sense in the rotation. It is a long season and remember that Glasgow were flying last year when everybody else started to run out of steam. Some of it has been forced by injury as well. It really is quite hard to say what Glasgow's best 15 is. Most people on these boards would differ, unlike Edinburgh, whose best 15 more or less picks itself. Glasgow genuinely have various options in the back 3, the back row and the front and second rows, none of which should really weaken the team.

The half backs remain the more contentious options. last year Niko was out on his own but Cus has recently been reminding us why he has so many scottish caps and was a lion. Then there is the Wier/Jacko debate. Do we finally settle on one combination or keep rotating and let them keep each other hungry and honest. I am not sure I know the answer to that one.

Glasgow have not played as well this season so far, yet they have generally kept on winning. We hope the form will come. The build up to the second try on Friday night was the first time I have really seen that free flowing unstoppable game that they were playing last year, so maybe it is not so far away. Now is the time that we need to see it.

I think at the moment we have still got to trust that Tooney knows what he is doing!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:27 pm

Just noticed that Bennett has been released to the Scotland 7s team for this weekend, surprising given the lack of fit Centres available for the Cardiff game.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:41 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:Just noticed that Bennett has been released to the Scotland 7s team for this weekend, surprising given the lack of fit Centres available for the Cardiff game.
WTF! mad furious 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:Just noticed that Bennett has been released to the Scotland 7s team for this weekend, surprising given the lack of fit Centres available for the Cardiff game.
That is completely crazy. Presumably Stephen Gemmell just made a panic call to Toonie. Townsend obviously knows what we don't - i.e. he must have centre cover somewhere else.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:44 pm

That's an interesting one that I did not see coming. I can only assume that some of the other centres are fit again otherwise it really makes no sense as this is a must win game for Glasgow if they are going to progress in Europe.

Gemmell was talking about introducing some of the pro players into the squad from time to time to try and get them up to speed with a view to beefing up the team for the CG this summer. Could be that Bennett is being earmarked for that. Maybe they feel that it might just sharpen his game up a little as well as he has not quite pushed on this season the way we would have hoped and has certainly been caught out defensively at times. No room for any defensive lapses in sevens. maybe it is not a bad idea.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm

The other outside centre option that no has mentioned yet of course is Hoggy. He has played there before for us and a while back people were saying that long term that might be his best position. That would leave a back three of DTH, Maits and Seymour. Fairly tasty in anyone's book.

This team announcement is getting quite intriguing now!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:50 pm

It's all sorted guys - you guys are getting Ben Atiga to help out, Ma'a Nonu has been drafted in to Edinburgh on a short loan! Hug

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:59 pm

BigGee wrote:
That's an interesting one that I did not see coming. I can only assume that some of the other centres are fit again otherwise it really makes no sense as this is a must win game for Glasgow if they are going to progress in Europe.

Gemmell was talking about introducing some of the pro players into the squad from time to time to try and get them up to speed with a view to beefing up the team for the CG this summer. Could be that Bennett is being earmarked for that. Maybe they feel that it might just sharpen his game up a little as well as he has not quite pushed on this season the way we would have hoped and has certainly been caught out defensively at times. No room for any defensive lapses in sevens. maybe it is not a bad idea.
His defence has looked a bit shaky at times from what I've seen of him, certainly needs to sort that out before he can be a serious option for the Scotland XV, as you say this may well be what he needs presently.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:01 pm

Lot of Scots views.

What do Blues fans think of their chances after the Toulon win?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Unless Dunbar is back fit, I really don't understand why Bennett has been released to the 7s squad. It's a very, very weird call.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:28 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:
BigGee wrote:

His defence has looked a bit shaky at times from what I've seen of him, certainly needs to sort that out before he can be a serious option for the Scotland XV, as you say this may well be what he needs presently.
The only time that I've percieved his defence as being shaky was in the first half calamity versus Toulon away - and tbh, he was in pretty good company on that day! steam 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:39 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
MacKnocked-on wrote:
BigGee wrote:

The only time that I've percieved his defence as being shaky was in the first half calamity versus Toulon away - and tbh, he was in pretty good company on that day! steam 
Agreed. He was caught too narrow for the Osprey's try on Friday, but he's young and still learning. Not sure how he's supposed to do that in the 7s team.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:48 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:
BigGee wrote:

He did fall off a tackle quite easily for the first Osprey's try at the weekend.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:33 pm

Oh the messiah backlash is taking hold. Whatever next? The interweb is a passing fancy?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Newsilure Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:50 pm

George Carlin wrote:Lot of Scots views.

I think the reason Blues fans are not saying anything George is because we don't know what kind of team we have available ... if any! This is my best guess at the condition of the team that started against Toulon -

Leigh Halfpenny Injured?
Alex Cuthbert Fit but hasn't been with Blues since October
Owen Williams Injured?
Cory Allen Injured
Harry Robinson Injured perhaps
Rhys Patchell Injured
Lloyd Williams I think he is ok but again hasnt been with Blues since October
Gethin Jenkins Injured
Marc Breeze OK Smile
Scott Andrews Injured
Bradley Davies Injured
Filo Paulo OK Smile
Josh Navidi either injured or rested last weekend
Sam Warburton Fit but hasn't been with Blues since October
Robin Copeland OK Smile

Newsilure

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:02 pm

WTF! mad furious 
Laugh 

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Perhaps we're going to see Hogg in the centres again (with Maitland or Matawalu at 15), or the mighty Byron McGuigan, either on the wing with DTH at centre or in the 13 position.

I do think the decision to drop Bennett from the squad for this game is very odd.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:08 pm

There's plenty options at 13, hee haw at 12!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:09 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:There's plenty options at 13, hee haw at 12!
Hogg has been used at 10 and 13, so why not 12?.....apart from the obvious answer that he's the best 15 in the squad.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:33 pm

....not overly strong in defence and not much of a ball carrier, much more useful in wider spaces!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I'm thinking;
9. Cooseater
10 Wee Dunky where we play the game will be crucial
11. Seymour
12. Ruaridh but Barry may be a better bet defensively.
13. Hoggy
14. DTH
15 Niko
However, Hogg, DTH and Niko are all interchangeable.
Toonie will need to be inspired in his selections on Friday; a win sets us up for a good chance of the QF's and brings his Muppet rating to 2.5% aloss and he's up to 93%.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Newsilure wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Lot of Scots views.

I think the reason Blues fans are not saying anything George is because we don't know what kind of team we have available ... if any! This is my best guess at the condition of the team that started against Toulon -

Leigh Halfpenny Injured?
Alex Cuthbert Fit but hasn't been with Blues since October
Owen Williams Injured?
Cory Allen Injured
Harry Robinson Injured perhaps
Rhys Patchell Injured
Lloyd Williams I think he is ok but again hasnt been with Blues since October
Gethin Jenkins Injured
Marc Breeze OK Smile
Scott Andrews Injured
Bradley Davies Injured
Filo Paulo OK Smile
Josh Navidi either injured or rested last weekend
Sam Warburton Fit but hasn't been with Blues since October
Robin Copeland OK Smile

By the sounds of it, we will be missing 10, 12 and 13 at any rate.

We are going to be a LONG way from full strength and it will probably be a long 80 minutes.

Likely injured list

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Matthew Rees
3. Scott Andrews
4. Bradley Davies
5. Lou Reed
6. Andreus Pretorious
7. ??? Josh Navidi
10. Rhys Patchell
11. ??? Harry Robinson
12. Cory Allen
13. Owen Williams

So that is 11 internationals out to begin with.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 am

Your seconds had an absolutely solid away game against Treviso though, no?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:32 am

Incidentally, anyone who is a rugby fan but didn't see Matawalu's break and feed for Fiji's first try against the Barbarians at the weekend should do themselves a favour and watch it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBLaHuAgEXQ
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:34 am

jimbopip wrote:I'm thinking;
9. Cooseater
10 Wee Dunky where we play the game will be crucial
11. Seymour
12. Ruaridh but Barry may be a better bet defensively.
13. Hoggy
14. DTH
15 Niko
However, Hogg, DTH and Niko are all interchangeable.
Toonie will need to be inspired in his selections on Friday; a win sets us up for a good chance of the QF's and brings his Muppet rating to 2.5% aloss and he's up to 93%.
A lettuce leaf would be stronger defensively than McGogg

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:51 am

Point taken ASBO, I suppose as long as Toonie doesn't go all inscrutable on us and play
10. Wight
12. Weir
13. Jackson
then we can always say it could be worse.
If angel is carrying Lee Jones in the 7's this weekend then we must assume that jet lag and a bad back, Jones being heavier than he looks, will rule him out of the return match. Dunbar must be back to fitness or it makes no sense at all.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:06 pm

I hope to sh!te this means that Alex Dunbar or Ascarate are back (no reason to believe our young Puma is seriously injured, incidentally) but if not, I really think that we're looking at:
09 Matawalu
10 Weir
11 Seymour
12 Jackson
13 Hogg
14 DTH
15 Maitland,

which would be a pretty creative backline with serious wheels.

My (tax free) money is on both Maitland and the Angel being back for this one.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:07 pm

'Just' ankle ligament damage confirmed for Lamont, no fracture(s), but no comment on likely length of time on sidelines yet

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:25 pm

Ankle ligaments can take a long time to recover. So he'll almost certainly miss the Annual Slaughter of the Effeminates (in two parts).
Which is probably just as well as apparently the MFL have an abundance of excellent wingers, just ask Sean Maitland.laughing 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:46 am

Was wondering if Bennett has been sent off to 7s to get his attacking mojo back. Been very quiet in attack over last few matches, struggling to get his hands on the ball & a bit short of confidence.

Perhaps Townsend feels a bit of 7s, chance to run with ball in hand and take player on with revitalise him.

Surely Dunbar or Gabrielle are fit.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:07 pm

I know a girl called Gabrielle, she hangs around by Blytheswood Square.

Not 'fit' per se, but in the right light and after many cans of Export...
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:31 pm

12 ruled out for Cardiff, this is a huge opportunity for Glasgow.  Away wins in the HC are vital, the pool is wide open and 2 wins now would put them in the race in 2014.

Hope Townsend starts with Weir, need a reliable boot in case things are tight. But i'd be confident with DTH, Maitland, Hogg, Niko & even Seymour, there's too much fire power not to score a couple tries.  Will miss Lamont's direct running though.

I'd start Gray with Ryder, big call leaving captain on the bench but they pack more of a punch around the park.

What's the deal with Cusack? He's been gone a long long time now, nothing beats 20st anchor at TH.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:04 am

Nice short piece on the Beeb about Matthew Rees saying that his treatment is going well and he hopes to get back on a rugby field in the near future. Best of luck to him.

If Blues really have 12 out, then Glasgow haven't got a leg to stand on if they don't win this. Excuse my ignorance, but why are so many out for the Blues? Is it all AI injuries?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:47 am

reallybored wrote:
What's the deal with Cusack? He's been gone a long long time now, nothing beats 20st anchor at TH.
Been almost a year since he last played. After he re-injured himself in the Summer they did say that it would probably would not play again in 2012. Fingers crossed he does return.

Talking about players returning, Dunbar is available and according to the ERC website, Wilson has been added to the HEC squad, replacing Murchie.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:48 am

George Carlin wrote:If Blues really have 12 out, then Glasgow haven't got a leg to stand on if they don't win this. Excuse my ignorance, but why are so many out for the Blues? Is it all AI injuries?
Totally agree, we must go into the Exeter game with 3 wins in the bank, ideally with at least 1bp

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:13 am

4g pitch - could be a high scoring game with the chance of a 4 try bp

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:32 am

Should be a good game. If Glasgow play like they did in the second half against ospreys then we should be too strong.

Adding Niko and Dunky back into the mix hopefully give us something different. Cusiter and weir in the first half to play the territory and build up a lead then Niko and Jacko coming on later to get a few tries and secure a bonus point.

I've got a feeling we might see Finn Russell start this one with Dunbar at 13

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:40 am

alexgmacdonald wrote: I've got a feeling we might see Finn Russell start this one with Dunbar at 13
You reckon? I thought Russell was pretty lightweight, playing 12 against the Dragons.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:21 am

Hogg
Maitland
Ascarate
Dunbar
DTH

Weir
Niko

Grant
Hall
Low
Ryder
Kellock
Harley
Fusaro
Strauss

McArthur
Welsh
Kalman
Nakarawa
Holmes
Wilson
Cusiter
Jackson

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:27 am

Well it just totally depends on whether Ascarate is back or not.

If he is

12. Ascarate
13. Dunbar

If not

12. Russell
13. Dunbar

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:29 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Hogg
Maitland
Ascarate
Dunbar
DTH

Weir
Niko

Grant
Hall
Low
Ryder
Kellock
Harley
Fusaro
Strauss

McArthur
Welsh
Kalman
Nakarawa
Holmes
Wilson
Cusiter
Jackson
I am happy with that. I guess JG was due a week off and you cuold make an arugement for Cus to start and Niko to come on, but at the end of the day that is pretty close to our strongest team. Releasing MB makes a bit more sense now and hopefully the sevens experience will do him some good. A strong team and a very strong bench, this really is a game we should be winning!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexgmacdonald Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:33 am

I guess I was wrong!

Good team though and like said above close to our strongest team.

I cannot wait to see Hogg, Maitland, DTH and Niko linking up once again

alexgmacdonald

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:37 am

Yes the real season starts here and with good fortune the bulk of the lame ducks seem to be getting back to fitness at just the right time. Time to start scoring some tries, we know they can do it, we just want to see it1

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:45 am

Dorothy_Mantooth wrote:Hogg
Maitland
Ascarate
Dunbar
DTH

Weir
Niko

Grant
Hall
Low
Ryder
Kellock
Harley
Fusaro
Strauss

McArthur
Welsh
Kalman
Nakarawa
Holmes
Wilson
Cusiter
Jackson
Very, very strong.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next