The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes

2 posters

Go down

Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes Empty Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes

Post by GSC Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25158104

Interesting read, he predicts the cars will be 3-4 seconds slower initially, unless Pirelli go conservative with the tyres
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes Empty Re: Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes

Post by GSC Tue 03 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

Good thing Webber got out before (K)ERS got even more vital to performance
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes Empty Re: Gary Anderson explains the new rule changes

Post by Guest Tue 03 Dec 2013, 1:02 pm

Interesting stuff, pretty much knew what was coming for next year already though. All the previews for next year read -
'Less work for the drivers or physical demand'
'There may be times when drivers have to slow down'
'Engine, fuel & tyre conservation'
'KERS reliability a must'

You get a pretty good idea of what's coming. I think Webber could of easily stayed in the sport, however, he knew what was coming & the direction the sport is heading. He's a racer & doesn't enjoy what F1 is currently, especially the over-emphasis of tyre conservation & the artificial nature of the sport. I think there are many other drivers of the same opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:45 pm

John wrote:Interesting stuff, pretty much knew what was coming for next year already though. All the previews for next year read -
'Less work for the drivers or physical demand'
'There may be times when drivers have to slow down'
'Engine, fuel & tyre conservation'
'KERS reliability a must'

You get a pretty good idea of what's coming. I think Webber could of easily stayed in the sport, however, he knew what was coming & the direction the sport is heading. He's a racer & doesn't enjoy what F1 is currently, especially the over-emphasis of tyre conservation & the artificial nature of the sport. I think there are many other drivers of the same opinion.
Pretty much summed up what I was thinking after reading the article.

Seems F1 of the future is going to be less about racing and more about strategy and resource management. I could go play one of those Civilisation PC games if thats what I wanted to see. Sad

As I said on another thread, I hope the teams find a way to make these new regs work (i.e. still manage to produce exciting racing), but I'm not seeing much to cheer about at the moment.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down