The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers)

+12
Looseheaded
Hero
theundisputedY2D2
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
Kay Fabe
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
crippledtart
Lowlandbrit
Samo
owen10ozzy
DrDeath
16 posters

Go down

It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers) Empty It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers)

Post by DrDeath Tue 03 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

How fed up people are getting of Raw, that nobody has bothered to put the spoilers up yet.

That said, the Cena v Orton segment was really good

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers) Empty Re: It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers)

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 03 Dec 2013, 3:18 pm

I thought the Cena-Orton segment had all the potential to be good...until Cena as per usual flickered between his goofy smiley & serious self about 5 times in the space of 2 minutes and then proceeded to crap all over the mic time Randy had been given. Though that being said it was some of the better work Cena has done in recent times. Set up for Orton to come out on top next, most likely in the week before TLC.

What was most interesting for me is the other guys who were in those spots now filled by Cena & Orton. Del Rio pinned by Sin Cara down in mid card, Sandow now battling for an inter-continental title that is barely relevant (case in point the person holding it always gets seen less on camera when he has the title than before he holds it), Bryan looks like he is going to eventually get turned despite still being the biggest face in the company/most over with the crowd, Punk shoe-horned into an angle with the Shield to keep him ticking over (the little hints of authority feud are I believe just that, hints, don't think they will go anywhere with it). For me it just goes to show what I have always said; you may get a bit of a rub of the green being alongside/against Cena....but ultimately when all is said and done Jumping John comes to the forefront and the rest are cast aside.

What I will say is that I wonder whether those figures behind the scenes have noticed the lack of excitement for this. Up until the actual physical contact between Cena & Orton this week I believe the arena has been quite flat (the impression from seeing on tv of course)...of course there are a few pockets of cheers/boo's here and there but in the grand scheme of it I don't think the audience have truly been that invested in it.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers) Empty Re: It just goes to show (may contain Raw spoilers)

Post by Samo Tue 03 Dec 2013, 3:23 pm

Sin Cara wasnt even Sin Cara, it was Hunico.  Shows how much the WWE rate the average viewers intelligence.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 03 Dec 2013, 4:53 pm

Samo wrote:Sin Cara wasnt even Sin Cara, it was Hunico. Shows how much the WWE rate the average viewers intelligence.
Wonder what the thinking was there. Re-do the Sin Cara black/blue feud? Body double to make sure he doesn't get hurt before WrestleMania (apparently they still want to do that match with Rey)? Sin Cara missed his flight and they hoped nobody would notice?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 03 Dec 2013, 5:15 pm

I can't help but wonder if there's something WWE could have done differently.

Like, I don't know, maybe getting behind the most popular wrestler they've had this century.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 03 Dec 2013, 8:26 pm

'The Unified Champion' dear god!!!

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 03 Dec 2013, 9:59 pm

Actually....according to Steph in the contract signing...'The Undisputed Unified Champion' :doh:even the authority can't get it right, despite the fact it had just been voted on!!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:16 pm

VoiceOfTheVoiceless wrote:'The Unified Champion' dear god!!!
Laugh 

Its brilliant isn't it, usually the have Cole Lawler or King give subtle hints so the sheep know what to vote for, royally screwed up haha

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:21 pm

I thought it was alright. Actually, I liked it. I even thought they managed the "comedy" ok this week. I especially liked how they spotlighted Bryan during that Bray Wyatt promo, thought whoever planned that imagery did a cracking job

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 03 Dec 2013, 11:25 pm

Things i liked from Raw

The Bray Wyatt promo, and the Bryan match itself. Best thing going in WWE ATM.

The CM Punk opening Promo. Reminded me of Punk back in 2011 summer.

Wade Barret news. Laugh 

Ending was horrific. Had potential but as usual its all about Cena. Seen it all before. Rubbish.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:28 am

Now that Wade Barrett is rocking the Bad News Barrett gimmick, will WWE go the obvious route of bringing in Good News Goldberg?

"The bad news is: you smell. The good news is: YOU'RE NEXT!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 04 Dec 2013, 10:18 am

How about instead we have Local News Barrett, where he tells us all about craft fairs taking place in Wilmslow or that some woman who's reached the age of 80 has done her first ski lesson?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Wed 04 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

Are we not going to discuss CM Punk seems to be on coke before every promo these days

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Wed 04 Dec 2013, 1:06 pm

Not Pepsi?

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 04 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

Raw was very wrestling heavy, a long way from the days where it was criticised for not having enough by apart from the match with The Shield, none of the matches were really any good and were all too similar with I think three standard tag team matches. It's great to see more of an emphasis on tag teams, but there is an overload of the same matches and stories dragging on by repeating the same step of the story every week (see Miz slapping Kofi, Titus O'Neil being sick etc.)

I thought the Cena promo was very good, it was self-indulgent and the brawl afterwards was predictable but Cena sold the match as a big deal which is what he was there to do. I'm actually hoping Cena wins, it makes sense that he wins and I really want to see Orton drop back down the card because he has been as boring, if not more boring than ever in his most recent run at the top.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:39 pm

What was all that garbage with Miz? Turned heel 2 weeks ago, face turned mid promo last week then did the same heel turn on the same guy this week, this should be a groundhog theme where Miz is trapped on the same day for seemingly eternity and finds new ways to heel turn Kofi every week until he wakes up one day and its actually Tuesday.

Last edited by Kay Fabe on Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:42 pm

Seeing as the Miz's 'mentor' Ric Flair will NEVER RETAAAAH! maybe the Miz has taken it upon himself to NEVER NOT TURN HEEL ON KOFAAAAH KINGSTON!

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Thu 05 Dec 2013, 1:50 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:What was all that garbage with Miz? Turned heel 2 weeks ago, face turned mid promo last week then did the same heel turn on the same guy this week, this should be a groundhog theme where Miz is trapped on the same day for seemingly eternity and finds new ways to heel turn Kofi every week until he wakes up one day and its actually Tuesday.
Apparently creative forgot that The Miz was the star of their big Christmas Blockbuster extravaganza of a film and then remembered that no star of a WWE Christmas movie can be a heel cos that would confuse the Children (oh won't somebody please think of the children) .......... so now he is face again. Until the movie flops, then it'll be the Miz's fault and he'll return heel. Whistle

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by harryspiv Fri 06 Dec 2013, 3:44 pm

TheCelticGarbutt wrote:
Kay Fabe wrote:What was all that garbage with Miz? Turned heel 2 weeks ago, face turned mid promo last week then did the same heel turn on the same guy this week, this should be a groundhog theme where Miz is trapped on the same day for seemingly eternity and finds new ways to heel turn Kofi every week until he wakes up one day and its actually Tuesday.
Apparently creative forgot that The Miz was the star of their big Christmas Blockbuster extravaganza of a film and then remembered that no star of a WWE Christmas movie can be a heel cos that would confuse the Children (oh won't somebody please think of the children) .......... so now he is face again. Until the movie flops, then it'll be the Miz's fault and he'll return heel. Whistle
Or maybe they have just rehired Vince Russo

harryspiv

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:26 pm

You know when you walk the dog and you pretend to throw something, and the dog goes to run after it and then stands around looking confused. Then you do it again. And after a couple more times the dog realises that you're not really throwing anything.

Well, I think that's the storyline they're trying to tell with Miz and Kofi.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down