The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What wrestling websites do you use?

+6
Shot 21 LCFC
Samo
Hulking_up
NickisBHAFC
crippledtart
Jamwar1
10 posters

Go down

What wrestling websites do you use? Empty What wrestling websites do you use?

Post by Jamwar1 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:07 pm

So what sites do you get your wrestling information/rumours from?
I have the apps for PWTorch and PW.net but I also absolutely love Cageside Seats!
Personally I usually use PWTorch for the most in depth description of any action I've missed but I use prowrestling.net to get instant reaction ie. Shores slant/Powell POV.
If I feel unenchanted by the spoilers/reports I like to read the Cageside Seats comments to choose whether it's worth checking out.
What sites do you use? Are there any British sites? Who is your favourite/most respected wrestling journalist?

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

What wrestling websites do you use? Empty Re: What wrestling websites do you use?

Post by crippledtart Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:14 pm

The torch is pretty much the only one I use. I sometimes look at the prowrestling.net app - Powell used to be torch assistant editor. Also they are good at running with our interviews!

I think those two and the wrestling observer are the only ones I'd trust for info.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

What wrestling websites do you use? Empty Re: What wrestling websites do you use?

Post by Jamwar1 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:28 pm

Is Wade Keller still an authority on Wrestling or has Caldwell overtaken him as the authority after Wade decided to throw his weight behind MMA?

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:33 pm

Jamwar1 wrote:Is Wade Keller still an authority on Wrestling or has Caldwell overtaken him as the authority after Wade decided to throw his weight behind MMA?
Keller's priority is definitely wrestling. I think he's very hands off with the MMA side. Meltzer dedicates far more time to MMA than Keller.

I find Caldwell a bit dull and not really an authority on anything, personally!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamwar1 Thu 05 Dec 2013, 10:37 pm

I agree wholeheartedly. Do you ever read ask WNW? I do like Richard Gray, he speaks with authority without kissing peoples backsides.

Jamwar1

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 05 Dec 2013, 11:22 pm

Wrestlezone

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Fri 06 Dec 2013, 7:34 am

UKFF

Some amazing pictures get posted on there.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 06 Dec 2013, 8:56 am

I use PWTorch mainly, even though it is always pessimistic. I used to love reading the Ask the Torch feature but I've stopped because alot of the time they come across as total uppity smarks. Bruce Mitchell is probably the worst for it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:22 am

Apart from here, the only other site I go on is Bleacher Report.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:36 am

l like Gerweck.net - Great for news and they do a RAW results and Impact/Smackdown results podcast each week and have done a few good interviews with Paul London and Daniel Puder recently

Last edited by VDT on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by MC6CW Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

I still use rajah.com for most of my info.

MC6CW

Back to top Go down

Post by MC6CW Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:11 pm

Oh and I also use cagematch.net if I want to look up particular wrestlers' matches... you can search for instance Bret Hart vs. Shawn Michaels and they will list every match they ever had vs. each other.

MC6CW

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 06 Dec 2013, 5:42 pm

Samo wrote:I use PWTorch mainly, even though it is always pessimistic. I used to love reading the Ask the Torch feature but I've stopped because alot of the time they come across as total uppity smarks. Bruce Mitchell is probably the worst for it.
Mitchell can be a complete idiot about some things but he really knows his stuff and has an incredible mind for the business and knowledge of its history.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 07 Dec 2013, 1:15 pm

crippledtart wrote:
Mitchell can be a complete idiot about some things but he really knows his stuff and has an incredible mind for the business and knowledge of its history.
Im not denying his credibility or knowledge, but I've read him flat out attack people for asking a question he thinks is stupid. For guys in that position its not really professional.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 07 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

crippledtart wrote:
Samo wrote:I use PWTorch mainly, even though it is always pessimistic.  I used to love reading the Ask the Torch feature but I've stopped because alot of the time they come across as total uppity smarks.  Bruce Mitchell is probably the worst for it.
Are you Bruce Mitchell tart? Laugh

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 07 Dec 2013, 4:31 pm

Crimey wrote:
crippledtart wrote:
Samo wrote:I use PWTorch mainly, even though it is always pessimistic.  I used to love reading the Ask the Torch feature but I've stopped because alot of the time they come across as total uppity smarks.  Bruce Mitchell is probably the worst for it.
He said he had an incredible mind so obviously not!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 18 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

Crimey wrote:
crippledtart wrote:

We've got an interview coming up in the next couple of days with none other than Bruce himself!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down