The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC Fighter Shane Del Rosario dead

2 posters

Go down

UFC Fighter Shane Del Rosario dead Empty UFC Fighter Shane Del Rosario dead

Post by Fernando Thu 12 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

UFC officials confirmed that heavyweight Shane del Rosario died Monday after suffering cardiac arrest two weeks ago. He was just 30 years old.

Del Rosario was rushed to the hospital Nov. 26 "€œin full cardiac arrest,"€ his manager Jason House wrote on Twitter. He was in critical condition at Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian in Newport Beach, Calif., until Monday when he passed away.

"€œRIP to one of the best people I've ever had the honor to have in my life and call my best friend,"€ his training partner and roommate Ian McCall wrote on Twitter on Monday.

Del Rosario'€™s training partner, Erik Apple, told Sherdog that del Rosario was found after the heart attack at his home by McCall, also a UFC fighter. Apple said McCall called 911 and administered CPR before del Rosario was taken to the hospital. Apple said del Rosario had no previous heart issues.

McCall, a single father, wrote on Twitter that del Rosario, was helping him raise his daughter.

"€œHe was one of those few special people that you couldn't help but love,"€ his training partner Carla Esparza, the Invicta FC women'€™s strawweight champion, wrote on Facebook. "€œHe was a rising star in the mma world, and it is so unfair that his light had to fade before his time. Team Oyama will never be the same without you Shane."€

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

UFC Fighter Shane Del Rosario dead Empty Re: UFC Fighter Shane Del Rosario dead

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 12 Dec 2013, 2:25 pm

Shame, from reports since it happened it was very unlikely he'd survive.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down