The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change of mind?

+7
KingMonkey
TRUSSMAN66
BallchinianMuffwig
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
Steffan
spencerclarke
11 posters

Go down

Change of mind? Empty Change of mind?

Post by spencerclarke Thu 12 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

Evening all,

Quick question for you all. Which fighters could still change your opinion of them? A lot of fans have favorites and then fighters they dislike for one reason or another. But what would a fighter have to do for you to change your opinion. I've noticed over recent times many people having issues with fighters that are sometimes a tad ott.

I would imagine Khan is one example. If he were to do the improbable, but not impossible, and keep fairly quiet in the build up to the mayweather fight then put in a decent performance in the fight, being competitive for four or five rounds and only getting beat on points, would he change your opinion?

Or if froch was to offer groves a rematch and win it comfortably?

Just a couple of examples.

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Change of mind? Empty Re: Change of mind?

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm

If Kell Brook decided to fight someone other than a Polish binman or Carson Jones or even someone in the top 10 of his division it may possibly change my mind about 'Britains best prospect'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 12 Dec 2013, 6:46 pm

Cheers steffan thats a type of thing I was looking for.

I wonder if people would change their mind about the klitschkos if one of them took on haye again and were to wipe him out? Or the opposite if haye got his chance again and found some way to win?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 12 Dec 2013, 7:10 pm

I would change my mind on Victor Ortiz if he would just FINISH a fight for once.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Dec 2013, 7:29 pm

Coming in at it from the other perspective I have always had a lot of time for Vitali (and Wlad for that matter) but am beginning to tire of Vitali's unwillingness to make his intentions clear. Realise the WBC are helping him in this with their ever moving deadline and last warning, but the sport of boxing has made Vitali rich beyond his dreams and deserves him to make his mind up one way or another. Both the sport, the belt and Stiverne deserve better.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 13 Dec 2013, 12:10 pm

If DeGale steps up his training, opponent standard, and general performances like I'm very sure he's capable of doing, I'll become more of a fan

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 12:14 pm

Why should anybody have to change their mind about Froch..............The guy is a bonafide British great.........But he's nearly 36........and looking it.........

Sure Groves looked good but how much of it was down to fathertime......

Regardless of rematch Froch has had a great career.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 13 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm

If Paul Smith actually steps up and beats a top 10-15 SMW then I'll change my opinion of him being nothing other than a decnt domestic level fighter. All this talk of him stepping up to world level does my nut in.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:02 pm

The jury is still out for me on Broner - think he's full of himself, demanding respect he hasn't earnt - if he has the career to mirror his image I'll become a fan like I am of Mayweather, but at the moment he's shown nothing to suggest he's as good as he thinks. Mayweather has.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir. badgerhands Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:22 pm

Can't think of any current fighters I really hate at the moment.

But one fighter I do remember having my opinion change from hatred to liking was Chris Eubank.

I was always firmly in the Benn camp and detested Eubank.
My views on him softened however after the Watson fight when he said in the post-fight interview something along the lines of "Watson must have been on drugs to withstand that punishment". It of course looks worse in print but you could tell he meant no insult to Watson and was simply showing him some respect, albeit with a poor choice of words.

I remember it being twisted in the RedTops the next day and Eubank being castigated for it.
Felt a tad sorry for the chap after that and my hatred cooled somewhat.

Sir. badgerhands

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 3:14 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:The jury is still out for me on Broner - think he's full of himself, demanding respect he hasn't earnt - if he has the career to mirror his image I'll become a fan like I am of Mayweather, but at the moment he's shown nothing to suggest he's as good as he thinks. Mayweather has.

He's a three weight world champ..........It deserves respect whatever you think of ABC titles...

Who was the last Brit that won three at different weights and beat a Maidana type !!

I don't like him but he deserves respect.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Volcanicash Fri 13 Dec 2013, 5:10 pm

Khan has changed my mind since the Maidana fight, prior to that I wasn't a fan and very sceptical of his career so far at that time.

Andre Ward, used to buy into his boring tag, but his last few fights against Rodriguez and Dawson I really enjoyed, and even though I'm a Froch fan, even that fight was engrossing and entertaining, I think his boring tag is unwarranted and unjustified(bar the Allan Green fight, never watch that again, but that was down to green also)

And probably Danny Garcia has changed my mind, never really thought he was that good but the way he handled Matthyse was a real eye opener. Proved theres a lot more about him than just a puncher.

Volcanicash

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri 13 Dec 2013, 5:22 pm

Good call re Garcia.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why should anybody have to change their mind about Froch..............The guy is a bonafide British great.........But he's nearly 36........and looking it.........

Sure Groves looked good but how much of it was down to fathertime......

Regardless of rematch Froch has had a great career.

Truss I'm still a big fan I was just playing devils advocate. Here's one for you though. What would chisora have to do for you to change your view on him? I'm not on about his antics outside of the ring by the way, just as a boxer. Anything less than wlad or vitali?

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:49 pm

Volcanicash wrote:Khan has changed my mind since the Maidana fight, prior to that I wasn't a fan and very sceptical of his career so far at that time.  

Andre Ward, used to buy into his boring tag, but his last few fights against Rodriguez and Dawson I really enjoyed, and even though I'm a Froch fan, even that fight was engrossing and entertaining,  I think his boring tag is unwarranted and unjustified(bar the Allan Green fight, never watch that again, but that was down to green also)

And probably Danny Garcia has changed my mind, never really thought he was that good but the way he handled Matthyse was a real eye opener.  Proved theres a lot more about him than just a puncher.

I agree too on danny Garcia. I never gave him a hope against matthysse. Had to eat some humble pie there. Time will tell how good that win was. Interesting to see both guys in their next fights

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 14 Dec 2013, 6:15 pm

Ah yes, I'll add my name to the Garcia list. Still would like to see a rematch mind Wink

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down