The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

+26
offload
Sin é
Ozzy3213
Preserved Killick
MBTGOG
SecretFly
Pete330v2
GunsGerms
WillyGilly
Notch
PenfroPete
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
aucklandlaurie
littleswannygirl
prop_lyd
Thomond
rodders
ChequeredJersey
perthshirepuma
Cari
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 8 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Pal Joey Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Galway, the Fort at the Mouth of the Stony River.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the upcoming 2014 Six Nations rugby season.

Whisky guinness HugAle Yahoo  music  clap  Chef coffee cuppacake Very Happy  RedWine  laughing  cider  guinness 

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Nelson Mandela along with Charlie Hayter, Rhys Patchell, The Saw Doctors, Kieran Read and Matthew Screech.  

Guests are invited to chance their arm at our newly renovated dartboards featuring caricatures of Roger Lewis and Oliver Cromwell.  devil 

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t47772-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-trebanog

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 8 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by PenfroPete Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:35 pm

Lads - I wouldn't say the media are 'all over it' but it is featuring

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26932969

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-26925607

Plus - just been up the office canteen and it's on the TV (probably part of the lunchtime news)
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 8 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:12 pm

Thanks Pete.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Interesting because I have a feeling this visit may just lead to something momentous.

You think they might make an announcement on the Pro12 sponsor?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:21 pm

rodders wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Interesting because I have a feeling this visit may just lead to something momentous.

You think they might make an announcement on the Pro12 sponsor?

Love it Rodders.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:05 pm

In fact, Michael D's visit has been either first or second item on Radio 4, mainstream Beeb news etc, so fair play to UK media.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:20 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:15 pm

Notch wrote:I don't follow you.
I don't even want to ask. I certainly will not 'follow you'.   

Old Ireland scared de shoite out of  me in the 70's. I ran de fock away to find some semblance of an advanced civilisation. Ended up in England. Even worser than Ireland, but with more space to lose it in. 

Oh ja. Then I found my spiritual Home. It turns out it was justified. New Ireland scares me even more. 

This man makes a sweet difference though. So nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYKwqj5QViQ
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Very peaceful in here. It's like a sanctuary.  OK 

Gibbo, I think the big cyclone has passed over. Lots of water has been dumped from the system. I hope the weather will clear up even more for you when you go diving there. It should be moving towards the Dry season now... but it's hard to predict nature's ways.
Amazing place. As the Qld Tourist Board used to say: "Queensland....  beautiful one day... perfect the next!"  Cool 

I've sort of been following all of the rugby on show in your part of the world. So much going on! Got Setanta... but not the "plus" version.
They say I get 212 games... but it feels more like 62. I saw the HC semis but only 2 or 3 games were shown each week from each of the various competitions. Geez you have lots! All the games from now on are definitely live. There's just so much on all at once.

I hate it at half time when you switch over and 3 other games are also having their half time breaks... maybe they should consider staggering each game 5-10 minutes so we can get a continuous 14 hours of uninterrupted coverage?

I thought the Scottish FA semi finals were both cracking matches... 2 underdogs winning. Wow! Also Wigan so close again and then Hull getting to the Final. I'm not the hugest football fan but I love those "fairy tale" type of results. The pace of that Dundee U-Rangers match was what it's all about.

Actually didn't mind the Tahs getting punished by Cummins the other night. The loss hurts but it's always good to see such a free-flowing character bag 3 tries. It seems they lack that ability to beat competitive opposition without Folau. Ah well... such is life and sport.

What's going to happen in the coming weeks? I have a feeling the trophies will be shared around the Home nations (France will probably get one... but who might miss out or get more than expected?). You lose here but you win there. I don't mind seeing the neighbours do well every now and then.

Well, sort of. That depends on which neighbour we're talking about, right Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:24 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:14 am

Woohoo

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/10788371/Ironing-becomes-casualty-of-Afghanistan-withdrawal.html

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:13 am

laughing 
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:19 am

Any Irish rugby fans going to UFC Dublin? Some of the fight card announced last night. Tickets on sale 6th June.

http://thescore.thejournal.ie/ufc-dublin-announcement-card-tickets-july-19-1440181-Apr2014/

Any UFC fans out there?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:46 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Bizarre kick off time for that game.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:58 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Bizarre kick off time for that game.

Don't you blydi start https://www.606v2.com/t53427-5pm  Wink 
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Ha

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:06 pm

Flippin Heck this pub has gotten pretty quiet since I last visited. Has the Landlord/lady been fired or something. It used to be a hive of activity here but now you can hear the echoes. A bit like my own local in fairness. Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:34 pm

Pete, were going for the record: longest (and slowest) Pub ever.

It used to roll over every 2-3 weeks but loads of people have left the site it seems.
It is a bit sad really. I miss all the friendly chat.

I blame the refs... they've upset so many fans with their hideously inconsistent calls.  Smile 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:56 pm

Ah that's good, I thought all the regs had fallen out. Thank heavens for Refs to blame Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu May 08, 2014 2:18 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri May 09, 2014 11:57 am

ALL ON THE BIG SCREEN and no-one in the pub anymore
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat May 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Good evening Pub.   ghost  mug 

It is I, the ghost of Pubs past...I just don't have time these days to spend online anymore...I need to go back into a job when I had feck all to do!  Laugh Most evenings I've been spending at the gym and sorting myself out.  I've lost nearly three stone now, so I'm doing something right.  As far as rugby goes, I've come back to the parish as it were, and am now a Blues supporter.  I still enjoy watching the O's and respect the old heads there, but I miss not going to rugby, so supporting the Blues is a good bet as it's up the road.  The weight loss gave me an excuse to buy a whole new wardrobe too, so I've got two new Blues shirts as I had to let go of all my O's ones. Anyway, Tommy is still Number 1 (well more of a 13 in the Irish/Ulster scheme of things...) and is likely to remain so for some time...  Drool 

I'm currently watching the Blues v Scarlets (occasionally flicking to BBC2 Wales to check the score in Swansea).  I'm surprised the Welsh games are on to be honest.  We're being battered by high winds at the minute, which is rather odd for May I find...pretty scary as well.  There's been some super rugby already in Llanelli anyway.  It's a very tight game at the mo, only a point between the teams.  O's racing ahead in their game.

Hope everyone is well and happy Smile I'm really looking forward to the Heino weekend and I'm getting excited about some of the RWC coming here next year! I'm already planning...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun May 11, 2014 1:10 am

Great to hear Cari. It all sounds good.  Smile 

Had my first live mobile phone chat with Gibbo a few weeks ago... we both had a good laugh.

Some decent wins for Ulster, Glasgow and the O's (sorry Cari!) in the Pro 12. Looking forward the the Heino final too.
Didn't pick either of the finalists for the Top 14 though...

Thought I might have seen Mrs P on the streets of Belfast during the Giro d'Italia time trials ... but it was probably a lookalike.

It's still unseasonably mild here... 22°C today and very nice outside. Nights are getting cooler.
Need to do more clearing of bushes around the house. The team is coming over on Friday to inject this special material under the walls to correct the minor subsidence. Just hope the roof doesn't cave in! Shocked

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 11, 2014 8:18 am

Morning Breaker  coffee 

Hopefully you won't be reading this from under a pile of rubble anytime soon! The only material that gets injected into walls around here is insulation. Can't see there being much need for that where you are... Smile

Gibbo's funny isn't he? He's staying at my gaff in two weeks for the final weekend. He's claimed my sofa bed here in the living room and every now and then he'll ask "Is me bed still there?"  Laugh  I've offered to open Chez Cari for the RWC matches next year too. I don't care what match I watch as long as I go to one. I'll be miffed if I don't get to see any when it's just up the road. I didn't see any live matches in 1999...but then I was student, and things were different... Gibbo's still in Oz on his holibobs isn't he? Not sure whereabouts. I'm sure he's having a marvellous time anyway. He's been looking forward to it for ages.

Thankfully the winds have died down a bit here now. It's still raining and breezy though. Looks like the sun might make an appearance later. I noticed my TV aerial is now pointing to Llandaff Cathedral instead of the heavens, but as long as it's still working it can stay wonky.

I enjoyed the match last night. Fair play to the Scarlets, they gave JD2 a decent send off and have maintained a good home record. The Blues did come agonizingly close, but there we are, not close enough. I hope Priestland is all right, but it didn't look good for him as he came off. I'm sure there are Welsh fans who'll be glad he's injured and won't make the SA tour which is mean, but he gets such a hard time from some. Hopefully he's all right anyway. I was glad for the O's getting a big win at home. Shame they haven't made the last four this year. I would like to see Glasgow make it to a final, they've been nearly-men for a while now, it'd be good to see a change at the top. There's some really stiff competition again this year though. On Planet Cari it would be a Glasgow/Ulster final, but that's not going to happen...

I think I'm the only person who didn't watch Eurovision last night, the novelty has worn off. Too much political voting and predictability. Good for Russell Brand to win, not sure why he represented Austria though... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun May 11, 2014 10:25 am

Hi Cari,

Ha ha... I didn't watch it either. I can't believe the "bearded bloke who looks like a girl" won. What's the world coming to? Well I never.....
Yeah, the novelty has worn off for me too. The performers I like never win due to political reasons obviously. It's all rigged.  Wink 

Not sure where Gibbo is. Probably still up in Qld? He must be having a great time no doubt.

The clearing of the side of the house is complete. Just a few minor scratches but it was worth it.
Think I need to get some plastic sheets (just in case) to cover up some furniture when they do the lifting. I'm betting some plaster and dust will shower down from above when the operation begins. Should be fun.

If you don't hear from me after next Friday - send out the search party - I'll most likely be under the rubble!  Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun May 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Hello both  Very Happy 

I'm in the same boat as Cari, just don't have as much time to spend online as I used to, and when I do have the time I don't seem to have the inclination. I seem to have fallen out with rugby a bit too. Not sure why, probably because I've had a lot going on and it just didn't seem that important, especially when all the HC stuff kicked off. Not that I'm saying that's not important, it is, but all things are relative and it just wasn't that high up on my list.

Things have settled down a bit though still busy but I will make a concerted effort to show my face here a little more often. My current contract has been extended but will be going part time so it's all systems go getting my admin business up and running. Nowt like a deadline to concentrate the mind!  Laugh  No cakes for a month or so that I'm aware of so the cake tins have been stashed; on to other things.

Gutted I'm missing the HC meet, bad planning on my part, but I'm planning WC games too. Might have to make that my holiday next year and plan a little road trip chin 

Glad you're both well and things are good  Very Happy
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Thought I might have seen Mrs P on the streets of Belfast during the Giro d'Italia time trials ... but it was probably a lookalike.

I went to see David O'Doherty at the University SU on Friday night and there was a big crowd outside watching the time trials. So I stopped and watched for a bit. I don't really get it. Everyone standing around and then every now and again a police motorbike would come down and then a handful of unidentifiable cyclists. Then more standing around.

It's very cool how everyone in the country is so excited about one thing, which is always the nicer thing about being in a small city and not somewhere more cosmopolitan like London, but I still really don't get it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi Swanny Smile

I kind of went off rugby for a while too, mainly because of the Welsh regional hoo-ha. I did go over to Dublin for the Six Nations but the rugby was almost secondary on that trip. Still, things are hopefully going to start picking up, the RWC is something to look forward to and Tommy's all right (God willing), so I can get back into it again. If you can make it here or to any of the English venues for a RWC game I'd definitely recommend it for a holiday. I'm thinking I might not get the chance again.

Cardiff are playing Chelsea at home on the last day of the premiership here thus afternoon. The wind's picked up again, but the sun is shining. I hope the fans behave!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun May 11, 2014 3:00 pm

Oh and afternoon Notch. Hope all's well in Belfast. I've never understood the fascination with watching sports like F1 and road cycling live. The spectators there don't seem to see much, just something whizzing by.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun May 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Yeah exactly. To be fair it's free Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sun May 11, 2014 8:34 pm

It definately was not me at the Giro d'Italia.

I don't see the attraction in standing around seeing the occasional unidentifiable blur whizz past.

I could have done without the hassle it caused too. The stupid thing went past the only road to the track where a major Schools athletic competion was sheduled to occur. The organisers would not move it so we had to leave the house at 7.15am to get there before they closed the roads.

To add insult to injury the daft thing did not actually take the published route so the whole hoohaa was a waste of time.

furious 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Mon May 12, 2014 9:42 am

Hello old regs, it's a bit like old times here noe with Swanny, Cari, MrsP and Notch Smile

I don't get the cycle racing thing either, utterly soporific in the extreme and that's being kind. However I did attend the race start at home here in Armagh and to see the people of Armagh pack the streets and excitedly cheer on something that I'm sure 90% of them had little or no knowledge of was heart warming. It may even have felt a bit exciting Smile

Oi Cari, leave off the F1, it's very exciting.......OK well it used to be, now scalextric would be noiser and more dangerous.

Out local council spent goodness knows what getting Armagh's rough edges cleaned up and making the place look pretty wonderful only for the coverage to show a second of a clip of the town Smile I congratulate the work behind the scenes to get the place looking great but ask why it took a visiting group of lycra-clad men for it to happen.

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon May 12, 2014 2:48 pm

We're also investing large amounts of public money in getting the British Open to Royal Portrush in 2019. If I didn't know better I'd say that the parties of government in NI are trying to distract people with big, rather expensive sporting spectacles to deflect from their general incompetence.

censored
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon May 12, 2014 6:55 pm

Evening All  coffee 

Sorry Pete, but I think I would prefer the Scalextric. A friend of mine loves the F1, but she hates rugby and thinks I'm nuts for supporting it, so different strokes for different folks I think. Smile I tell you what though, I'm already fed up with the f@nnyball world cup and it hasn't even started yet! Stroll on next year, when the proper world cup starts... king 

Looks like we're having something of a heatwave at the end of the week  Cool 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Mon May 12, 2014 7:52 pm

Buenas tardes, amigos. Bit busy round these parts since my 'rescue' dog Lily has been joined by puppy Fidel. Both of them hogging the fire at the mo!

So looking forward to Cardiff - going to be great! We are staying at The Town House in CAthedral St - think that's quite near you, CAri? We'll be there for the meet before the Amlin final.

Hope all regs are well, btw.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue May 13, 2014 5:41 pm

I think you mean Cathedral Road Puma. That's the big long road with the Westgate Pub at one end. It is very near me...it's almost the next street to me. It's a very long road though so you may be at the top end...I'm nearer town.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Wed May 14, 2014 9:54 am

Are you running a B&B now Cari and if not WHY NOT?????? Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed May 14, 2014 10:14 am

Morning all! Looking forward to the meet now! Forgot it's the champions league final that evening too!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed May 14, 2014 11:03 am

19:45 ko Prop, just enouigh time to get back to a pub  Very Happy Very Happy 
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed May 14, 2014 1:06 pm

that's the plan, if I make my mate drink enough I may actually beat him at golf the next day!! I'm also doing the 5km park run that Saturday morning at 9am if anyone wants to join...... Tumbleweed 
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed May 14, 2014 1:45 pm

Ask us at 21:00 on the Friday Prop and we'll all be up for it. I think the reality would be somewhat different  Wink Charidee effort is it ?
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

Nah just an event in bute park that happens each Saturday and the mate I'm brining does it!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 16, 2014 9:38 am

Cari wrote:Morning Breaker  coffee 

Hopefully you won't be reading this from under a pile of rubble anytime soon! The only material that gets injected into walls around here is insulation.  Can't see there being much need for that where you are... Smile

It all went well.  OK 
They injected 380 litres of this stuff called Uretek. Awesome technology invented in Finland.
It's so quick and cheap compared to underpinning walls - which would have taken 2-3 weeks maybe? This was all done in about 4-5 hours and all you can see are tiny little grout holes (12mm dia.) every metre or so.

Some of it did spill into the brick cavity... also helps to insulate against heat and cold.  Smile 

Hurricanes leading the Highlanders 13-9 just after HT.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri May 16, 2014 10:52 am

Good work Breaker  Very Happy 

THE WEEKEND

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri May 16, 2014 11:10 am

PenfroPete wrote:Good work Breaker  Very Happy 

THE WEEKEND

Thanks Penf. You make it so easy for us all.  Very Happy  Will be swamped with sport again this weekend as usual.

Highlanders won 18-16 earlier on this evening. Asbo will be happy. So too my Mum!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri May 16, 2014 7:32 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:Are you running a B&B now Cari and if not WHY NOT?????? Smile

Only to a very very selected few! Wink

Evening All,

Just relaxing this weekend and going to enjoy the rugby. Really hope Tommy scores a couple for Ulster tomorrow. I'd love to see him win the P-12 with his second best club...  Whistle Wink

I see Paddy Wallace retired this week. Notch must be devastated... Hug

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend. I really hope the weather is as good then as it is now.  Cool 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat May 17, 2014 9:03 am

Me and mrs prop are looking to go to Amsterdam in august, any tips of cheap places to stay?!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 am

Gibbos !!!
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat May 17, 2014 10:05 am

Cari wrote:

Looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend.  I really hope the weather is as good then as it is now.  Cool 

Don't want to burst the bubble, but bring the waterproofs and a brolly - http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day/Cardiff+CRF+United+Kingdom+UKXX0030:1:UK
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat May 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Prop - ask Gibbo. He would at least be able to give good suggestions if not put you up. Smile. I'm going over on my birthday next month hopefully.

Penfro - I should know by now really...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next