The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher

2 posters

Go down

Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher Empty Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher

Post by Strongback Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:07 am

Martin Murray will look to fulfil his dream of becoming a world champion (WBA) in Monte Carlo on February 1.

The popular middleweight , 31, will take on Australia’s highly rated Jarrod Fletcher for the vacant WBA title at Salle des Etoiles and will be hoping to make it third time lucky.

Murray has contested world honours twice already, drawing with Felix Sturm in December 2011 and controversially being outpointed by Sergio Martinez in April this year.

“I’ve been unlucky before so I’m made up that I’ve got this opportunity on February 1,” Martin said.

“Jarrod Fletcher is a good kid.

"I’ve not seen too much of him, but we’ll be working on that now we’ve got a date. He’s got a good pedigree and he beat James DeGale in the amateurs, which isn’t easy and proves he’s a good fighter.”

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher Empty Re: Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher

Post by jimdig Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:08 am

Joke fight for joke title. Ggg is their super duper champion. The WBA would give a title away with every fight if they could. J-rod was ko'd in 2 by billy joe Saunders last year for the commonwealth title, showing that the commonwealth title has more meaning than this piece of fools gold.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher Empty Re: Martin Murray Gets Third Crack At A World Title Vs Jarrod Fletcher

Post by jimdig Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:10 am

There is a thread on this a couple of lines down.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down