The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

+48
PenfroPete
Seagultaf
justified sinner
whocares
Breadvan
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Luckless Pedestrian
LordDowlais
Jimmy Moz
XR
Jhamer25
flyhalffactory
bedfordwelsh
Sin é
Stone Motif
Totalflanker
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
stub
Jenifer McLadyboy
SecretFly
lostinwales
The Saint
Coleman
Allty
TJ
Irish Londoner
Comfort
Knowsit17
MarcusHalberstram
Bluedragon
wayne
Scrumpy
Chunky Norwich
doctor_grey
munkian
Exiledinborders
Welsh Magician
Cardiff Dave
geoff999rugby
Casartelli
Steffan
Welshmushroom
Notch
quinsforever
HammerofThunor
Intotouch
geoff998rugby
ScarletSpiderman
52 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 11 Empty What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:24 am

First topic message reminder :

Following on from the old thread -: https://www.606v2.com/t50378-what-the-hell-is-going-on-in-wales

Intotouch wrote:Hello knowledgeable Welsh friends. I've read some extraordinary things lately about the war between the regions and the union in Wales, but being an outsider, and not following this closely for years I'm not sure what's real and what's nonsense. Can someone please help clarify a few things for me?

1. I read that the WRU have a deal with the regions that they will each be given the same amount of money annually by the union for the next five years. This was interpreted by some as the union deciding to slowly let the regions go bust so they can set up new regions that they would own. Is this really the case?  It sounds completely crazy to me! Wouldn't this be a disaster in Welsh rugby and couldn't they try to buy the regions instead since they have more money now? Could this really be a plan?

2. The WRU is making a profit and with the millenium stadium paid off should have plenty of money to splash about in the future. (Or do they?) As they won't give more money to the regions this suggests that they want the regions to founder (see above).

3. Although the WRU pay millions to the regions annually they have little or no say in how they are run so are deeply frustrated with the regions. Also the regions can't stand the WRU even though they're keeping them afloat. Is this true and why?

4. The WRU offered central contracts to the players in the regions but the regions rejected this. Even though they would have a smaller wage bill if it went ahead. Why?
The regions have the lowest salary cap in Europe and keep losing their best players. But the regions won't let the WRU pay the internationals out of a central contract. As players have to be released anyway to play for Wales I don't see why the clubs wouldn't be delighted to do this. Are they afraid that they would lose them to too many training camps? I don't follow the logic of this. If the WRU paid the players then surely the regions would be able to keep more of their best players playing in Wales which surely would benefit them as they'd have stronger teams. Again I don't get why this is such a problem.

(Please don't include the possible move to the AP on this thread. It's being debated elsewhere.)

The original thread hit 1,000+ posts without descending into a bicker-fest, let's try to keep this thread going in the same manner.

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Mon 06 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by Stone Motif Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:56 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:Despite Llanelli being the second most arrogant club in Wales I have always found the supporters to be a good bunch. I remember during the old club system Cardiff and Newport fans for example would want Pontypridd to lose in the Heineken Cup but Llanelli fans always seemed to get behind the Welsh sides (even Swansea)

I have only seen certain parts of the show and despite the heavy 'Llanelli is the greatest club ever' propaganda and the oppotunity to mention 1972 at every moment it is generally a watchable show

Pity the feeling wasn't reciprocated by Ponty fans towards their western neighbours during the Prem final a couple of years back, where Llanelli fans were gobbed on and verbally abused by the crowd.

Hang on, I was at that game, I was sat with the Ponty supporters, I did not see any of this happening, also, I did not here of any of this happening until you have just wrote about it now, Stone, you really do come across as an unlikeable person on this forum, even bordering on arrogant.

Right back atcha Lord D. You're attracted to me really aren't you? I can tell.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2 - Page 11 Empty Re: What Is Going On In Wales Pt.2

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:01 am

Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
Steffan wrote:Despite Llanelli being the second most arrogant club in Wales I have always found the supporters to be a good bunch. I remember during the old club system Cardiff and Newport fans for example would want Pontypridd to lose in the Heineken Cup but Llanelli fans always seemed to get behind the Welsh sides (even Swansea)

I have only seen certain parts of the show and despite the heavy 'Llanelli is the greatest club ever' propaganda and the oppotunity to mention 1972 at every moment it is generally a watchable show

Pity the feeling wasn't reciprocated by Ponty fans towards their western neighbours during the Prem final a couple of years back, where Llanelli fans were gobbed on and verbally abused by the crowd.

Hang on, I was at that game, I was sat with the Ponty supporters, I did not see any of this happening, also, I did not here of any of this happening until you have just wrote about it now, Stone, you really do come across as an unlikeable person on this forum, even bordering on arrogant.

Right back atcha Lord D.  You're attracted to me really aren't you?  I can tell.

Were you at the game Stone ? Have you got any evidence of this happening ? You have shot bullets without backing them up. If you have any evidence then I will concede and apologise, but I was there and this is the first news of this behaviour that I have hered of.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:11 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:

Right back atcha Lord D.  You're attracted to me really aren't you?  I can tell.

Were you at the game Stone ? Have you got any evidence of this happening ? You have shot bullets without backing them up. If you have any evidence then I will concede and apologise, but I was there and this is the first news of this behaviour that I have hered of.

Just on this point where people are asked to back up their opinions with evidence. What evidence could be supplied on this one Lord? Witness statements? Police records? What's the evidence you seek? And why do you not need to produce evidence (not your opinion - evidence) to the contrary?
Whether the guy is telling the truth or a lie, his only evidence will be what he says he remembers or has heard about or has seen with his own eyes. None of which can be substantiated with 'evidence'. But neither can your opinion be regarded as 'evidence' We all know that one part of a stadium can often be much more civilised than another part - much like a city street at night - one part has fist fights, the other has people having nice quiet converations over some nice friendly drinks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:23 am

Secretfly, the Stadium was not even a quarter full, all the Ponty and Llanelli supporters were all sat together, seriously you could tell if there was trouble or not, I remember it as a great day out and a good game, I cannot fathom that threatening and loutish behaviour would have gone unnoticed, and even the hordes of people I spoke to after the game both Llanelli and Pontypridd made no mention of that sort of behaviour.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:29 am

Fly, very dolomitic there, fancy stepping in with that cool head and getting Roger Lewis and the RRW around a table to sort stuff out?

I have been to a few games where I saw no trouble at all, but have then heard how Scarlets fans acted like animals abusing rival supporters etc, and I have been to games (at the library) where people have said what a nice friendly atmosphere there was, when I was getting non-stop crap aimed at me (but not brave enough to be to me) from before the kick-off until after the final whistle. I think it is all subjective, and even in an empty-ish stadium, it is still possible for you not to see or know what is going on half a dozen rows behind you etc.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:37 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, very dolomitic there, fancy stepping in with that cool head and getting Roger Lewis and the RRW around a table to sort stuff out?

I'm much too biased to have a crack at that one, Scarlet!!! Wink I suppose I could try it on McCafferty and ERC though.
"Now look here McCafferty...think about an analogy...let's think of a stadium, shall we ................."
McCaff: "Oh here we go, this is the nutter from 606 with his f**kin' analogies"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:38 am

Surely " Look McCafferty, you got an Irish name, your one of us just admit it" should work.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:45 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Surely " Look McCafferty, you got an Irish name, your one of us just admit it" should work.

I felt the same when I first heard his name.  I was joking that he's really an IRFU spy in the PRL camp.  (He still may be!)  

But no, seriously, as soon as he opened his mouth, and his lieutenants open their mouths, it was clear not just that he had a big chip on his shoulder about the Pro12 - but most especially a big chip on his shoulder about the 'Irish' aspect of that League - and the cotton wool and the saving best players and all that stuff.

Nope, he has an Irish name but that's as far as that guy goes I'm afraid.......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, very dolomitic there

Yep. I've always thought of Fly as being like a translucent mineral consisting of a carbonate of calcium and magnesium, usually also containing iron. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:10 am

Steffan wrote:I remember during the old club system Cardiff and Newport fans for example would want Pontypridd to lose in the Heineken Cup

Thank goodness you don't come on here and gloat every time the Blues or Dragons lose, eh?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, very dolomitic there

Yep. I've always thought of Fly as being like a translucent mineral consisting of a carbonate of calcium and magnesium, usually also containing iron. Smile

Calcium and Magnesium..my two favourite minerals whenever I do mineral supplements, that is. Good call Luckless, you do know me well Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:36 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:I remember during the old club system Cardiff and Newport fans for example would want Pontypridd to lose in the Heineken Cup

Thank goodness you don't come on here and gloat every time the Blues or Dragons lose, eh?

Very Happy 

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:39 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Allty wrote:

Very good series and IMHO the Scarlets are being run in a professional manner.

+1, a good series indeed.  They even picked out some handsome fans in the crowd  Whistle .

But being serious, I honestly recommend people watch it, only two hours in all, as it does really get the regional situation across., in a non-preachy way.  Fingers crossed we can have a The Ospreys, The Dragons and The Blues series at some point in the coming years.

Some Ponty folk have seen it.
Their verdict here;http://www.ponty.net/terracetalk

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Feb 2014, 11:42 am

Not this Newport fan. I'm behind every Welsh team in Europe, and enjoy watching them all in the league. The Battle of Brive is one of my fondest rugby memories! I was right behind them that day, and disappointing that they lost.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:00 pm

I know us rugger fans are not like the fans of the round ball but this argument does make laugh sometimes. I support Wales Dragons and Ebbw after that I don't give a monkeys who wins as I watch the game from a neutral view point.

When you speak to football fans they don't care about other teams for example I know a Gooner and if they are not in europe he doesn't then hope Chelsea or Spurs go onto and win etc he couldn't care less.

Why is it seemed accepted that we should support other Welsh sides, going back to the old club days people like myself and other from the valleys seen the likes of Cardiff and Newport as the bully boys etc the ones who would poached all our players so we would never dream of supporting them. To a degree and for a certain generation then this still there and is why the Regions have never got full support.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:25 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:I know us rugger fans are not like the fans of the round ball but this argument does make laugh sometimes.  I support Wales Dragons and Ebbw after that I don't give a monkeys who wins as I watch the game from a neutral view point.

When you speak to football fans they don't care about other teams for example I know a Gooner and if they are not in europe he doesn't then hope Chelsea or Spurs go onto and win etc he couldn't care less.

Why is it seemed accepted that we should support other Welsh sides, going back to the old club days people like myself and other from the valleys seen the likes of Cardiff and Newport as the bully boys etc the ones who would poached all our players so we would never dream of supporting them.  To a degree and for a certain generation then this still there and is why the Regions have never got full support.

It's starting to seem like regions were a bad idea, eh?

Show me a "proper region" that is feasible in Wales where Dai Trousers won't be tamping that it's not playing in his colours, in his back yard, with his ball.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:54 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, very dolomitic there, fancy stepping in with that cool head and getting Roger Lewis and the RRW around a table to sort stuff out?

I'm much too biased to have a crack at that one, Scarlet!!! Wink I suppose I could try it on McCafferty and ERC though.  
"Now look here McCafferty...think about an analogy...let's think of a stadium, shall we ................."  
McCaff: "Oh here we go, this is the nutter from 606 with his f**kin' analogies"
 Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 06 Feb 2014, 12:59 pm

Stone,

I think we all knew something had to happen but like you said I dont there was then or is now a set up that will please everyone.

Internationally this set up has worked, domestically it hasn't though.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:28 pm

That Roger chap is so helpful  Very Happy

http://www.wru.co.uk/eng/news/29548.php

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:38 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:That Roger chap is so helpful  Very Happy

Funny enough lots of people have been suggesting that the cash earmarked for the 'super six' (well, super one so far) could be used to cover the loss of the ERC money.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:39 pm

"We do not negotiate through the media"

Roger Lewis, BBC Radio Wales, Monday 3rd Feb 2104

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

"We do not negotiate though the media - and I've rang into BBC Radio Wales specifically to make that point distinctly, and with clarity and conviction.  In no way will we use the media to say things about any of this in public.  I hope that makes things clear.  If you want more clarification on any points, we're prepared to make another statement at any time in the future."

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 2:55 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:

"We do not negotiate though the media - and I've rang into BBC Radio Wales specifically to make that point distinctly, and with clarity and conviction.  In no way will we use the media to say things about any of this in public.  I hope that makes things clear.  If you want more clarification on any points, we're prepared to make another statement at any time in the future."

clap 

I think we could do with a new smiley, for the hand shuffling (Tony Blair style) that Roger does during his speeches.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Thu 06 Feb 2014, 5:34 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:

Dear God NO, he will not be still WRU CEO in 90 years time, I don't want him there in 90 DAYS time

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 06 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Allty wrote:

Very good series and IMHO the Scarlets are being run in a professional manner.

+1, a good series indeed.  They even picked out some handsome fans in the crowd  Whistle .

But being serious, I honestly recommend people watch it, only two hours in all, as it does really get the regional situation across., in a non-preachy way.  Fingers crossed we can have a The Ospreys, The Dragons and The Blues series at some point in the coming years.

Some Ponty folk have seen it.
Their verdict here;http://www.ponty.net/terracetalk

Jeebus, their happy chaps ain't they. Can't wait until they before the "rogian" they want to be so I can be as vile and hate filled back.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:07 pm

It's a disgrace. Yesterday, Roger Lewis attended a meeting of ERC and voted in favour of payment being postponed; today, he offers to lend the regions money to cover the non-payment!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm

if the WRU has lent money, then as a creditor, they could demand repayment and enforce bankruptcy if the terms werent complied with.

Roger Lewis is a nasty, devious, manipulative power hungry bar steward.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm

There's no way the regions will ask the WRU for a loan. But what really angers me is that most people, in Wales and elsewhere, will be unaware that Roger was at yesterday's meeting and voted in favour of postponing the payment. To them, he'll be seen as the good guy offering the regions a loan out of the kindness of his heart.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:30 pm

There's something that I don't quite get about this payment deferral. In the media it's being presented that the English and the Welsh weren't paid on time, yet surely if the payment was deferred then no one got paid and all the participating sides in the h cup are suffering for it. Or did they really just pick on the English and the Welsh?

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:31 pm

That's true, no one got paid as far as I'm aware. But then the IRFU representatives aren't offering emergency loans to the provinces as if they weren't party to the decision to defer payment. It's typical of the kind of game Lewis is playing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:40 pm

If no one got paid why are only the Welsh and English complaining?

I never heard that the Scots were rolling in cash. It is a bizarre move that these two groups are claiming that they're being picked on. I see how it is publicity spin but what really do they hope that this achieves? The public don't get to vote on what their union does. All I see that this does is urine off the members of the ERC board. Which doesn't really get them anywhere.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

Interesting that you should mention the Scots. There were no Scottish representatives at yesterday's meeting. The ERC's statement didn't say that the two of them (their names escape me) were unable to attend, just that they didn't attend. I thought that was strange.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 06 Feb 2014, 9:45 pm

the withholding of monies got precisely zero english press coverage as far as i was aware. the prl put out a statement but i didnt see it run as a story anywhere.

in wales it seems the whole issue is being fought in the public domain. It is a battle for hearts and minds.

notsomuch here in england.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 06 Feb 2014, 10:41 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Interesting that you should mention the Scots. There were no Scottish representatives at yesterday's meeting. The ERC's statement didn't say that the two of them (their names escape me) were unable to attend, just that they didn't attend. I thought that was strange.

It was strange. Did they not want to vote? If so,why? Please, Scotland...please don't you get embroiled in the finer details of the battle...there are enough boxers in the ring!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 07 Feb 2014, 9:05 am

SecretFly wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Interesting that you should mention the Scots. There were no Scottish representatives at yesterday's meeting. The ERC's statement didn't say that the two of them (their names escape me) were unable to attend, just that they didn't attend. I thought that was strange.

It was strange.  Did they not want to vote?  If so,why?  Please, Scotland...please don't you get embroiled in the finer details of the battle...there are enough boxers in the ring!

Fly, don't worry, we're not - just couldn't be horsed to attend cos we'll get shafted whatever happens now thanks to PRL and RRW

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm

From Sam Warburton's telegraph column today

got up off the bench and unzipped my jacket, and as I walked up towards the pitch, I heard some rumbling behind me.

There was a bit of cheering and I just thought ‘Ah, that’s what happens with every sub.’

Then my name was announced over the public address system and I could not believe the reaction. It was nuts.

I would never have expected that. All those people cheering for just one person? And that one person was me?

I was walking to that line-out, and even though I was fully focused on the next play, the fantastic support from the Welsh crowd left me totally overwhelmed.

I was having a shower after the game and quite a few of the players mentioned it, and said they had never heard a reception like it for one player.

“You must have been really happy with that,” they said. I was.

It was great to see and feel the nation’s support for my decision to sign a central contract.

The poor guy really is deluded. They weren't cheering because you signed a central contract but because you're the captain. It would have been a bigger reaction if someone, like Leigh Halfpenny, was coming off the bench.

He's really got his head in the clouds, that or this column has to go via Roger Lewis before it's published!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:12 pm

gcBlues wrote:

He's really got his head in the clouds, that or this column has to go via Roger Lewis before it's published!

Hopefully he keeps his head up there for the next 80 minutes of his playing career. Easier to trip when he can't see what's happening beneath the cloud cover.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:37 pm

From The Rugby Paper;

"Sam Warburton could be the first casualty of Welsh war

Sam Warburton’s central contract with the WRU is threatening to become an unholy mess. When the news broke last weekend that the Wales captain had become the first player to sign a central contract with the Welsh Rugby Union, the move smacked of the Union using him to gain an advantage in their acrimonious wrangle with the four Welsh Regions.

Nothing that has happened subsequently has altered that perception – and by becoming the Union’s man it is Warburton who is stuck in the middle."

http://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/features/columnists/nick-cain/14219/nick-cain-sam-warburton-could-be-the-first-casualty-of-welsh-war/

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:42 pm

Dai, cracking artwork of Sam attempting to get back to the arms park in there.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:45 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai, cracking artwork of Sam attempting to get back to the arms park in there.

I did have a giggle at that or did it mean the Arms Park was closed for business?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:46 pm

From the article Dai posted a link to-:

It begs the question why the WRU did not opt to go into a co-operative venture with Cardiff Blues, who were offering to put up £200,000 to secure Warburton’s services, by stumping up a £100,000 to seal the deal, rather than tying him to a central contract.

That would have had the dual benefit of not only keeping Warburton in Wales, but being much less divisive. Instead, the WRU appear to have outbid one of their own Regions for a leading player – but only after 11 others have already departed.

Sums up pretty much my major gripe about central contracts in just two short paragraphs.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:48 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai, cracking artwork of Sam attempting to get back to the arms park in there.

I did have a giggle at that or did it mean the Arms Park was closed for business?

Very clever satire, serves to amuse both sides of the argument.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Feb 2014, 1:57 pm

Some Tweets from Moffett in the last 24hrs;

"That all this will turn to custard and they will face a vote of no confidence, their biggest nightmare."

"Further to last night level of fear in WRU rising. Apparently districts are being told they cant make any decisions be4 they hear from WRU"

"Discovered that Ch, Pres, CEO now visiting districts. Clubs have not seen or heard so much from WRU in years. Catalyst for visits - panic"

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:00 pm

Wasn't there a vote of no confidence a while back? Was it Pickering or Moffet that was the devil back then?
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Wasn't there a vote of no confidence a while back?  Was it Pickering or Moffet that was the devil back then?

You mean back in 2003-ish when the WRU were gazillions in debt? Don't know can't remember.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:24 pm

Quick question. Is there anything in the WRU that is organised on a region level? So is the community rugby in the Scarlets region (for example) organised by a regional subgroup of the WRU?

Or is community rugby run on a whole Wales approach and the regions are just used for pro rugby?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:24 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2006/apr/01/rugbyunion.gdnsport32

Mr Pickering, '06 post Ruddock-gate.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:24 pm

Quick question. Is there anything in the WRU that is organised on a region level? So is the community rugby in the Scarlets region (for example) organised by a regional subgroup of the WRU?

Or is community rugby run on a whole Wales approach and the regions are just used for pro rugby?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 07 Feb 2014, 2:33 pm

HammerofThunor wrote:Quick question. Is there anything in the WRU that is organised on a region level? So is the community rugby in the Scarlets region (for example) organised by a regional subgroup of the WRU?

Very little is organised on a regional level. When the Ospreys tried to address this Andrew Hore claims they were told in no uncertain terms to butt out. The same in other regions. They are demonised for not doing more for the community game (wrongly imo) yet no one has ever set down what exactly they are meant to do, how they are meant to do it, and what the responsibilities of the community game would be in return.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 09 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Ive just been reading about the WRU offering Adam Jones 50,000 more to sign for them than Ospreys have tabled.

That is utter insanity on an epic scale and sums up why the Regions are unanimously opposed to central contracting. its bad enough having to compete with the Franglos for their players services without their own union trying to poach them and driving up costs even more....especially with a player who may not even be first choice in his position next season.

Any thoughts that the Union wants to retain the regions and are supportive of them are laughable. Its be one thing if this was because O's couldnt afford to stand up against an offer from France, but this has come before one is even on the table.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next