The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January

+3
liverbnz
Dr Gregory House MD
crippledtart
7 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January

Post by crippledtart Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm

Welcome to another week of v2 Wrestling Podcast excitement.

Tonight, Adam is joined by Gavin and Richard to discuss the rumours of a new wrestling promotion led by Jeff Jarrett.

We talk about the prospects of such a promotion being successful, Jarrett's strengths and weaknesses as a performer and a booker, and suggest a few potential signings including three wrestlers currently appearing in TNA.

You can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow and don't miss our recent feature-length interview with the one and only Diamond Dallas Page at www.v2journal.com

Tonight's podcast can be heard at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-13T12_06_39-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January

Post by crippledtart Tue 14 Jan 2014, 8:13 pm

Tonight's show is up at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-14T10_37_11-08_00 with Adam and Gavin rounding up recent happenings in TNA, and discussing the best and most likely contenders to end Magnus' title reign

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 13th January

Post by crippledtart Wed 15 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm

Tonight we review Raw at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-15T14_30_15-08_00

Chris is joined by Gavin, Paul and Richard to discuss Randy Orton's shock defeat, Daniel Bryan's change of heart and the booking of John Cena and CM Punk.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 16 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

Tonight, things take a rather bizarre turn as Chris, Gavin, Paul and Richard nominate their wrestling pet hates to be banished to Room 619.

Lance Hoyt's recent nomination is also discussed. But will anybody be successful?

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-16T11_59_48-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 16 Jan 2014, 11:41 pm

FAO Christopher

raspberry 

That is all

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:10 am

crippledtart wrote:Tonight we review Raw at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-15T14_30_15-08_00

Chris is joined by Gavin, Paul and Richard to discuss Randy Orton's shock defeat, Daniel Bryan's change of heart and the booking of John Cena and CM Punk.

Nothing on The Warrior?!? Damn you all!  Very Happy 

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:38 pm

Fear not, tonight's episode is dedicated to the man from Parts Unknown!

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Fri 17 Jan 2014, 3:01 pm

The Warrior could not be contained in a segment of a podcast and therefore demanded his own one.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri 17 Jan 2014, 3:30 pm

Excellent!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:30 pm

After positive feedback you'll be glad to know there will be MORE The Rock-Busters next week!  Yahoo 

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Gavin, Paul and Richard to talk about The Ultimate Warrior's upcoming entry to the WWE Hall of Fame.

His career, legacy and hall of fame credentials are all discussed.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-17T14_18_43-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 18 Jan 2014, 3:31 am

TNA

I hope Angle doesn`t become world champ again, although I fear it could happen. With all this talk by Dixie and the TNA hype machine about 2014 being a new era in TNA, I really hope they continue going forward with new talent in the main event.

I`d like to see Gunner given a chance. Storm is a good character and his rivalry with Roode has been one of the best feuds in the last few years, a feud that has made both characters in many ways imo. Gunner is on the cusp of becoming a serious singles competitor. I hope TNA give him a push and this feud with Storm gives him a rub.

The fact that TNA have signed the American Wolves seems to prove they want to rebuild the tag team division and push new talent in 2014. There are good signs in 2014 for TNA as long as they can find a new home for the impact! zone after Lockdown.

AJ coming back to TNA would make a good angle to get justice against Magnus and Dixie but they have dropped the ball with the contract situation and his return will need to be well written, something I am less confident about considering they seem to have already forgotten about the winning briefcases except for Gunner and Storm. But what about Zema Ion`s X-Division shot? What about ECIII`s tag title shot?

Is this mystery new investor just kayfabe or do TNA really have a new investor? I hope it is genuine, because I`d like to see TNA actually grow in 2014.

Ultimate Warrior`s Hall of Fame Induction

As far as his iconic status in wrestling, warrior seems like a dead cert for hall of fame, but his actual talent I agree is dubious. Warrior seems like such a cartoonish character compared to the likes of Brock Lesner nowadays. I think his brief WCW return proved he couldn`t sustain a career in wrestling. He was a screw up.

Room 619

I think negativity is not just an issue in wrestling, I think with the social media phenomenon the entire entertainment industry comes under fire. Just look at fan reactions to some of the casting decisions in films! I don`t think that`s going to change. Greater accessibility to the media and greater digital coverage is producing stronger fanaticism.

My pet hate would be authority figures. Just seems like its been done to death and now the wrestling industry is flogging a dead horse. I suspect Dixie has been quite shrewd in making herself an onscreen heel character kayfabe mirroring the internal changes TNA are making structurally to the company. She is drawing heat from the fans as kayfabe dictator while having to make what are probably very painful and difficult decisions for the future of the company in real life. I just hope once its over and TNA have come through this storm that she writes off her heel character onscreen and lets the wrestlers go back to feuding with each other.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 18 Jan 2014, 8:17 am

I have a feeling that the investor will turn out to be Jeff Jarrett.

All the rumours of a new company and booking the impact zone under their noses is going to be a worked shoot.

I really hope not though!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:47 am

Adam D wrote:I have a feeling that the investor will turn out to be Jeff Jarrett.

All the rumours of a new company and booking the impact zone under their noses is going to be a worked shoot.

I really hope not though!!

Well that would be the TNA thing to do! Laugh 

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 18 Jan 2014, 11:12 am

TNA TNAing

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down