The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January

+2
Crimey
crippledtart
6 posters

Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January Empty The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January

Post by crippledtart Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

Welcome to a new week of the v2 Wrestling Podcast.

In tonight's extended episode, Chris and Gavin review last night's Royal Rumble. The winners and losers are discussed, in addition to the fascinating reactions of the live crowd.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-27T13_57_25-08_00

You can follow us on twitter @v2wrestlingshow

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:19 pm

Interesting to hear different views on it, but I am surprised how accepting you are of everything Chris. Your main argument appeared to be that WWE could book it worse, which is surely a terrible attitude to have. They could be so much better and have promised so much more than they have delivered. I don't think last night was just a matter of the fans wanting their favourites to win, it was a failure by WWE to stick to simple story-telling methods.

I don't think that there would have been such exception to Bryan's lack of involvement had WWE not had him lose the opener. For me there is no real justification for that if he isn't in the Rumble.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January Empty Re: The v2 Wrestling Podcast week commencing 27th January

Post by Hero Mon 27 Jan 2014, 11:55 pm

-- For those wondering, WWE officials were not planning on such a negative fan reaction at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. They knew that Daniel Bryan not being in the Rumble match would upset some fans but it plays into the ongoing "overcoming the machine" storyline that they are going with. Daniel Bryan's tweets last night were done to further that storyline. The idea is that WWE wants their fans to be outraged that "The Machine/Authority" keeps holding him down.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:06 am

Well they are doing a good job after last night, Had a brief watch earlier seemed more of a night of making stars then destroying them. Reigns/Wyatt all more prominant. Reigns would of been a better winner for me the crowd were majorally on his side and i think he'd have the ability to keep that going against a Heel Orton

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 28 Jan 2014, 12:55 am

I don't buy that at all Hero, I think Bryan was careful in his tweets so that they could easily be considering an in kayfabe tweet but I don't think this is part of a wider plan. WrestleMania is the place that Bryan should and would overcome the Authority if that was the plan. It simply isn't.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

Crimey wrote:Interesting to hear different views on it, but I am surprised how accepting you are of everything Chris. Your main argument appeared to be that WWE could book it worse, which is surely a terrible attitude to have. They could be so much better and have promised so much more than they have delivered. I don't think last night was just a matter of the fans wanting their favourites to win, it was a failure by WWE to stick to simple story-telling methods.

I don't think that there would have been such exception to Bryan's lack of involvement had WWE not had him lose the opener. For me there is no real justification for that if he isn't in the Rumble.

Merely, my attitude was WWE booked everything else so well. Dont be blinded by one negative, however big, the rest was very good. Much of the story telling was perfect. The justification for the opener was Wyatt needing to come out very strong, whereas Bryan's loss will always be overshadowed by reactions to his loss. The story isnt "does Bryan look weak?" its "Why are they holding Bryan down?!"

Notably, I think they know to some extent what they're doing with him. They recovered the problems with turning him into a Wyatt because of the reaction, so I don't think this is some major shock to them. They've left those tweets, hell they engineered those damn tweets by Bryan, and they have referenced it from the get go last night. I think him not appearing in the Rumble was a better idea than appearing and losing. It goes with the story and it also means no one has to eliminate Bryan, which is stronger for Bryan and not a weakener for the man that had to be the one eliminating him.

I dont like that Bryan didnt win the Rumble. He should have won it, but they've gone in another direction and I am willing to see where that leads us. I merely don't get my knickers in a twist that easily, whereas the explosion on here has, to me, been quite funny. I don't think they have planned it all well with Bryan and will stumble across good situations by luck more than judgement, but have focused the antagonising Authority right back onto him again and made Raw all about Bryan. Shoots of recovery and ones I welcome.

Moreover, as I am enjoying the majority of the booking and I'm enjoying the product, why should I whine?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:30 pm

Tonight, Chris is joined by Gavin and Richard to discuss the fallout from the Royal Rumble and the upcoming Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.

Three challengers have already been announced for the WWE World Title match against Randy Orton, with two names as yet undetermined. We talk about the candidates for those final two slots, the possible plans for Daniel Bryan, a potential Wyatts-Shield feud, and the massive elephant in the corner that is booing Batista.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-28T13_29_07-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:34 pm

Tonight, Adam is joined by Chris and Gavin to discuss recent TNA developments, ahead of the annual UK Impact tapings.

TNA were kind enough to give free tickets to the v2 Wrestling Podcast gang, and we talk about what we're looking forward to seeing.

Other topics include Sting's future with the company, Gunner putting his title shot on the line against James Storm, and the mystery investor storyline.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-29T14_33_30-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 29 Jan 2014, 10:58 pm

With regards to the Brock Buster, it's not 'Screaming' Norman Smiley is it?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Thu 30 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

Tonight, Adam and Richard discuss the dream feuds that would make up their perfect Wrestlemania.

Each of them select a main event match and a semi main event.

Tweet us your dream feud @v2wrestlingshow

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-30T11_02_35-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Fri 31 Jan 2014, 8:35 pm

Welcome to the final v2 Wrestling Podcast of the week and another trip to Room 619.

Adam is joined by Chris, Gavin and Richard to discuss their least favourite things in wrestling, with everyone hoping that their nominations will be banished to wrestling oblivion.

Listen at http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-01-31T12_32_34-08_00

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 31 Jan 2014, 9:50 pm

Dr Gregory House MD wrote:With regards to the Brock Buster, it's not 'Screaming' Norman Smiley is it?

WRONG

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down