The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Ospreys HC

+43
GLove39
brennomac
BigTrevsbigmac
wrfc1980
welshy824 (new)
Artful_Dodger
LeinsterFan4life
wolfball
21st Century Schizoid Man
Standulstermen
tecphobe
wilhelm
formerly known as Sam
GloriousEmpire
Brendan
nathan
glamorganalun
neilthom7
cakeordeath
Coleman
kingjohn7
yappysnap
Notch
GunsGerms
ScarletSpiderman
wayne
Nachos Jones
The Saint
bedfordwelsh
Jhamer25
Breadvan
PenfroPete
san
rodders
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Allty
gleesonisgod
thebandwagonsociety
maestegmafia
Golden
Funkingfullback
Jenifer McLadyboy
47 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Leinster v Ospreys HC - Page 4 Empty Leinster v Ospreys HC

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 16 Jan 2014, 12:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Leinster

15. Rob Kearney; 14. Dave Kearney, 13. Brian O'Driscoll, 12. Gordon D'Arcy, 11. Luke Fitzgerald; 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Eoin Reddan; 1. Cian Healy, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Martin Moore, 4. Devin Toner, 5. Mike McCarthy, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Shane Jennings, 8. Jamie Heaslip (c)
16. Richardt Strauss, 17. Jack McGrath, 18. Mike Ross, 19. Leo Cullen, 20. Jordi Murphy, 21. Isaac Boss, 22. Ian Madigan, 23. Zane Kirchner

Ospreys

15. Sam Davies ; 14. Jeff Hassler, 13. Jonathan Spratt, 12. Ben John, 11. Aisea Natoga; 10. Dan Biggar, 9. Rhys Webb; 1. Ryan Bevington, 2. Richard Hibbard, 3. Adam Jones, 4. Alun-Wyn Jones (c), 5. Ian Evans, 6. Tyler Ardron, 7. Justin Tipuric, 8. Ryan Jones
16. Scott Baldwin, 17. Marc Thomas, 18. Dan Suter, 19. Lloyd Peers, 20. James King, 21. Morgan Allen, 22. Thomas Habberfield, 23. Matthew Morgan

discuss

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Ospreys HC - Page 4 Empty Re: Leinster v Ospreys HC

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:49 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:Do we not have Toulon if Clermont win with a BP?

Yeah Clermont are seeded 2nd if they win with a BP and we get Toulon away,I wouldn't mind that at all.They don't impress me that much but then Leinster haven't really impressed me either so who knows.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:50 pm

Toulon will always have to move away from the stade Mayol as it is too small from what I understand.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:52 pm

They played Leicester there last year so unless the rules have changed then it will be fine.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Sun 19 Jan 2014, 3:56 pm

Half time in the Clermont match, and Sky say that as things stand we'll be playing Munster away. I'd take that. Away to Clermont or Toulouse and things would be looking more bleak.

I'd actually love if Leinster had to travel to Toulon. We haven't met them in Europe yet have we? It would be one of the tournaments most home grown teams against the most notorious buyer of mercenaries.

I'd be confident of beating them in the Schmidt era. But we're not really as good this year.
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:01 pm

Just watched the stamp again. In real time I thought it was nothing and a really harsh red but actually it was really quite bad. Evans might actually miss a bit of the 6 nations for this.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:08 pm

6 groups, 3 french winners, 3 irish winners and 2 english runners up.  Both english runners up benefitted from having Italian sides in their groups to give them the guaranteed 10 points from 2 matchs brucy bonus over the six rounds of the pool stages.  The english better be careful, they benefitted yet again from the rules and makeup of the competition, scraping in at the end. Reduce the number of teams, increase the competition, toughen the pool stages and the weak teams fall out.  Not sure the PRL have thought this through fully.

I think there is a changing of the guard in France, ASM and Toulon are now established as the top dawgs. Toulouse are on the slide.

Jamie's intercept at the end of the home game to Saints really was a kick in the perverbial for us that we see the true impact to progressing beyond the quarter finals.

Munsters slip up to Edinburgh in round 1 wasn't terminal in the end.  A tough fight against Toulouse to come but the comforts of home field.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:13 pm

GunsGerms wrote:Just watched the stamp again. In real time I thought it was nothing and a really harsh red but actually it was really quite bad. Evans might actually miss a bit of the 6 nations for this.

It happened right in front of me, I think McCarthy was knocked unconscious. Terrible play, can't be tolerated.  It was multiple stamps to shoulder/neck/head/face. If anything there should be a ban for each offense and those bans should not be concurrent when enforced.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Sun 19 Jan 2014, 7:19 pm

Yeah it was hard to see on tv but when you see the replay it really was fairly horrible play.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 20 Jan 2014, 9:20 am

[quote="GunsGerms"]Just watched the stamp again. In real time I thought it was nothing and a really harsh red but actually it was really quite bad. Evans might actually miss a bit of the 6 nations for this.[/quote]

On slow mo and zoomed it is horrific.

The guy already has a record and I hope he has a serious ban.

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 22 Jan 2014, 5:19 pm

I  watched the game again and one thing really struck me. How did we not score another 4 tries, minimum?

Terrible wastage lads. Must do better as it gets hotter and harder to score in the knockouts.

I see BOD is taking it fairly handy till the QF's, as per the last few years. Smert hoor.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:43 pm

Allty wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Just watched the stamp again. In real time I thought it was nothing and a really harsh red but actually it was really quite bad. Evans might actually miss a bit of the 6 nations for this.

On slow mo and zoomed it is horrific.

The guy already has a record and I hope he has a serious ban.

I actually said at the time that I thought a yellow was harsh, but having looked back on it since I am going to change my mind. He deserves a ban.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Thu 23 Jan 2014, 1:08 pm

He does Cake there is no place for this sort of play at any level

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Thu 23 Jan 2014, 4:33 pm

Evans has been banned for 12 weeks

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Thu 23 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

Given Evans previous I find it a bit weird that they took 4 weeks off for saying sorry and not eating all the biccies.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4