The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jose Sulaiman dead

+11
88Chris05
Strongback
catchweight
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
John Bloody Wayne
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hazharrison
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
15 posters

Go down

Jose Sulaiman dead Empty Jose Sulaiman dead

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:19 am

The long time WBC boss has past away.

Sad for his family and friends but myself and boxing won't miss him.

He was a disgrace and his bias to particular fighters at times was pathetic.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Jose Sulaiman dead Empty Re: Jose Sulaiman dead

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:36 am

Am not tasteless enough to celebrate anyone's death, but nor will I mourn his passing. He has hurt the sport immeasurably in his lifetime.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:50 am

RIP if true.

You may not like the guy but he has been around in boxing for many years. We on 606 v2 MUST show respect.

RIP Jose.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:56 am

Agreed I would never mock his death and feel for his family and friends BUT his death doesn't grant him a free pass on the fact he damaged the sport and was no good for it.

Chavez Jr will be concerned!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Jan 2014, 8:49 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:We on 606 v2 MUST show respect.

Why?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 17 Jan 2014, 8:50 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Agreed I would never mock his death and feel for his family and friends BUT his death doesn't grant him a free pass on the fact he damaged the sport and was no good for it.

Na. The son has taken over. The Chavez family are still in clover for a good while yet.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

hazharrison wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Agreed I would never mock his death and feel for his family and friends BUT his death doesn't grant him a free pass on the fact he damaged the sport and was no good for it.

Na. The son has taken over. The Chavez family are still in clover for a good while yet.

It could end up like North Korea. When the brutal leader died there were hopes the son would be more liberal and open to a fairer way but in fact he was just as brutal!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:20 am

Rowley wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:We on 606 v2 MUST show respect.

Why?

This is a boxing forum jeff, some say the best on the net. We have standerds we must uphold. Yes we are right to have differing views on the man but overall we must respect his presence in boxing which for good or bad has been immense.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:28 am

And as I said onetwo I feel sorry for his friends and family. However there is nothing more hypocritical and puke inducing than the sudden deification of people and airbrushing of their history the minute someone dies.

When he was alive I thought Suleman was an absolute pox on boxing, has had a hand in many of the things I hate most in the sport. I am not going to pretend that is not the case because he has died.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:33 am

Rowley wrote:And as I said onetwo I feel sorry for his friends and family. However there is nothing more hypocritical and puke inducing than the sudden deification of people and airbrushing of their history the minute someone dies.

When he was alive I thought Suleman was an absolute pox on boxing, has had a hand in many of the things I hate most in the sport. I am not going to pretend that is not the case because he has died.

Fair enough

I expect windy is waiting for him with a list of questions  Very Happy

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:35 am

Well said Rowley. It would be hypocritical to respect him in death if you never respected him when he lived.

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:36 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Rowley wrote:And as I said onetwo I feel sorry for his friends and family. However there is nothing more hypocritical and puke inducing than the sudden deification of people and airbrushing of their history the minute someone dies.

Fair enough

I expect windy is waiting for him with a list of questions  Very Happy

Ha, no way is Jose going the same place as Windy!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:38 am

With any luck he will end up meeting Trigger and have an eternity of being called Dave!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:44 am

Aw no

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 9:51 am

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:With any luck he will end up meeting Trigger and have an eternity of being called Dave!!
Nothing wrong with that.

Will never forget Jose's meddling in the Michael Brodie/In Jin Chi match when he personally altered scorecards. I appreciate Brodie came out with a draw afterwards but Jose's actions were reprehensible for someone in his position.

As many have stated, not a time for gloating but nor will it be an occasion to mourn the man.

Only need Blatter to shuffle off now!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:05 am

Though he was biased to hispanic fighters without a shadow of a doubt....The worst thing he ever did was the Douglas-Tyson fight where he basically showed the World Don King owned him...

That was disgusting....

I'm not going to write RIP for this guy.......Too many of his like in this world.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:45 am

What's the story around the Brodie fight, Dave?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 17 Jan 2014, 10:52 am

Bob Arum and Don King cant be too far behind. They have been around for ages. Im not sure Golden Boy will be much better. Did anyone see that guy Schaeffer recently? He makes my skin crawl. Hes the phoniest person I have seen in a long time.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:00 am

The absolute specifics escape me although someone may be able to clarify but my recollection is as follows....Brodie and Chi were in a mini classic and even with the best will in the world you couldn't give it to Brodie. Chi was announced as winner on the cards much to everyone's annoyance (although I think it was fair) only for there to be a massive delay and footage of Jose arguing with officals and grabbing scorecards. Transpires Jose decided a judge had made a mistake, altered his card and the fight was declared a majority draw or something

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:05 am

DAVE667 wrote:The absolute specifics escape me although someone may be able to clarify but my recollection is as follows....Brodie and Chi were in a mini classic and even with the best will in the world you couldn't give it to Brodie. Chi was announced as winner on the cards much to everyone's annoyance (although I think it was fair) only for there to be a massive delay and footage of Jose arguing with officals and grabbing scorecards. Transpires Jose decided a judge had made a mistake, altered his card and the fight was declared a majority draw or something

My recollection of Brodie was him getting all stroppy with an interviewer when he retired who said he was unlucky never to be world champion....

'I was IBO world champion actually' ......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:12 am

I recall that interview. Hadn't he just been beaten by Scott Harrison? He made Harrison look a mug for a couple of rounds then got caught at the end of a round by a wicked body shot and I recall harrison's face had a look that said "You're mine now". In the following round, rather than go back to the boxing that had served him well in the opening rounds, Brodie then decided to stand and trade with a guy who was probably near two weight classes bigger than him on the night and got stopped.

Neve a great loser Brodie but a cracking fighter and cruelly robbed in his fight with Willie Jorrin when he WOULD have been a legitimate World Champion.

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:14 am

It was a mini classic for real DAVE

Great dust up. Might youtube it later.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:15 am

catchweight wrote:Bob Arum and Don King cant be too far behind. They have been around for ages. Im not sure Golden Boy will be much better. Did anyone see that guy Schaeffer recently? He makes my skin crawl. Hes the phoniest person I have seen in a long time.

Phonier than Eddie Hearn????

Many were surprised when Jose was voted into the IBHOF.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:23 am

Schaeffer is a creep. Worse than Hearn or Warren.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:31 am

catchweight wrote:Schaeffer is a creep. Worse than Hearn or Warren.

It was specifically the word phoney that I felt was most appropriate to Hearn.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:34 am

Feel for his loved ones, of course. That said, I actually hope the whole boxing community the world over shows the same relatively muted response as we have here, as it might actually lead to whoever succeeds him realising just how fed up everyone is with the WBC and how it operates. Maybe it can be a catalyst for a change.

Won't hold my breath on either count. But hope he Rests in Peace.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:47 am

Tyson Fury is forced to issue an apology to the WBC and the next day it's president is dead.  chin

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:50 am

I can only hope that someone is picking off the organisation bosses,"Watchmen" style.(Goes to off to play with sticks and mumble about the WBO)

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 17 Jan 2014, 12:08 pm

I think the WBC should introduce a new world title in his honour.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:09 pm

catchweight wrote:I think the WBC should introduce a new world title in his honour.

Is that the "You didn't win the fight but we made you a 'world' champion anyway because you're hispanic" belt?

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:32 pm

So the shock of furys apology done him in.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:43 pm

Never did any good for boxing. Will see him in hell, hopefully not for a while.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:46 pm

Always had hell reserved for child sex offenders, rapists, drug dealers, murderers and Floyd-haters......

Never doing any good for Boxing is a pretty extreme reason to have him go there.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always had hell reserved for child sex offenders, rapists, drug dealers, murderers and Floyd-haters......

Never doing any good for Boxing is a pretty extreme reason to have him go there.....

Corrupt, thieving, dishonest, cheat.. I could go on. He spent a lifetime doing those things and eventually he got enough points to be put in the same category as a murderer

Feel sorry for those affected by his death but the world is a better place without him!

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:00 pm

Izzi wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Always had hell reserved for child sex offenders, rapists, drug dealers, murderers and Floyd-haters......

Corrupt, thieving, dishonest, cheat.. I could go on. He spent a lifetime doing those things and eventually he got enough points to be put in the same category as a murderer

Feel sorry for those affected by his death but the world is a better place without him!

Laugh  Laugh 

Thats a bit harsh mate.

Not sure most of the world knows who he was.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:02 pm

Can say that about most corporate companies and the staff at elite level....Izzi...

I work as a troubleshooter for big companies and I can see the attitudes and the way they treat staff etc.......

Better Hope hell is a big place........

Me I don't want heaven or hell...........Told my Wife and kids to grind my ashes into a big cake and eat me up and enjoy me........like they have been doing all these years......and then I'm gone for good.......No harps for me.....or pitchforks (only at the Oyster)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 2:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Can say that about most corporate companies and the staff at elite level....Izzi...

I work as a troubleshooter for big companies and I can see the attitudes and the way they treat staff etc.......

Better Hope hell is a big place........

Me I don't want heaven or hell...........Told my Wife and kids to grind my ashes into a big cake and eat me up and enjoy me........like they have been doing all these years......and then I'm gone for good.......No harps for me.....or pitchforks (only at the Oyster)

You will still be resurrected.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sat 18 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Strongback wrote:Tyson Fury is forced to issue an apology to the WBC and the next day it's president is dead.  chin

Gypsy curse?

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down