The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park?

+8
TopHat24/7
kingraf
Strongback
KingMonkey
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
hogey
catchweight
spencerclarke
12 posters

Go down

Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park? Empty Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park?

Post by spencerclarke Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Evening all,

BBC quoting Frank Warren that this fight is likely to happen, should the both get through their fights. How do we see this going? I still feel it a real pick 'em. Don't really rate either that high but should be entertaining. First fight had very little skill on show but was fun to watch. Both have progressed since then and chisora now comes in to the ring a decent size. Not sure how he will get on if the ref doesn't decide to stop it early though! He's had a few strange refereeing decisions of late.

I can see it selling well and being a good atmosphere.

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park? Empty Re: Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park?

Post by catchweight Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:51 pm

Stadium fights are a bit crap for the audience. Might also be ambitious for Fury and Chisora.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park? Empty Re: Chisora v Fury II in June at Upton Park?

Post by spencerclarke Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:54 pm

With them fighting one another I think the crowd will be decent. Joe public easily buys in to an all British fight, especially in the heavyweight division

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:58 pm

I cant see it selling 40,000, or whatever Upton Park is. Unless you get ringside then you basically watch it on a screen.

Its a good fight but a stadium fight would always put me off attending.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm

Oh I wouldn't go to the fight myself. Fury's family and friends are going to kick off the moment he finally loses. They go barmy most fights even when he wins!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:17 am

At least it's not at the Emirates, no-one could afford the £800 for standing right at the back and facing the wrong way those thieving f***s are likely to charge

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:21 pm

Dave I couldn't believe the prices for the FA Cup game. Absoutely shocking.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:07 pm

I think a fit Chisora wins with surprise ease, only way he loses is if he turns up in the shape he was last time then he will get outpointed again. I can not see him making that mistake again though, its no disgrace having defeats to Klitschko and Haye but its unforgivable to have lost to Fury if you want to be taken serious in the division.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Since they last fought, I'd say Chisora's progressed more than Fury. As above, a fit and dedicated Chisora should take this fairly comfortably.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Can't see how this is stadium worthy at all. I'm a boxing fan and a West Ham fan (not that the last bit should matter) and I don't fancy it. O2 would be a better option.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:23 pm

No doubt someone is trying to get into Karen Brady's pants good books and looking for a bit part in the next series of the Apprentice when 12 frigtwunts put on a boxing event

Bet Mick Hennessey records that one for training purposes repeated viewing

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:06 pm

I reckon Fury will be the betting favourite. Chisora's losses every time he stepped up go against him and Fury has also improved with better prep under his uncle. My opinion might be different if Chisora had a bigger punch.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:10 pm

Strongback wrote:I reckon Fury will be the betting favourite.  Chisora's losses every time he stepped up go against him and Fury has also improved with better prep under his uncle.   My opinion might be different if Chisora had a bigger punch.
Would be hard pressed to see Fury as a significant step up

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:14 pm

If Fury turns up in shape with his head clear then I would back him to beat Chisora, possibly even KO him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:21 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:I reckon Fury will be the betting favourite.  Chisora's losses every time he stepped up go against him and Fury has also improved with better prep under his uncle.   My opinion might be different if Chisora had a bigger punch.

Enough of a step up the last time when a very green out of shape Fury with a joke training camp still managed to win albeit against a fat Chis.

My reckoning is Fury will be the bookies favourite. Time will tell.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Fury is not a step up, his only win of worth was against a disgustingly out of shape Chisora, and he nearly got KOed then. Fury will get exposed badly this year he is very average but his profile is high because of his mouth and the fact he has been cleverly managed by fighting small non punchers to avoid defeat, even that has nearly gone wrong on numerous occasions. I have never seen anything about Fury to suggest he can beat any in shape decent heavyweight, he has very average power, is slow, clearly chinny, and his footwork is poor. His best attribute is the mouth (as long as he is not singing) that has got him such an elevated reputation based on not a single win of note against a decent proper, full sized and in shape heavyweight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Enough of a step up the last time when a very green out of shape Fury with a joke training camp still managed to win albeit against a fat Chis.  

My reckoning is Fury will be the bookies favourite.  Time will tell.

I dont know where this complete pony about Fury not being in shape come from, he was in the best shape of his career up to that point and certainly for about the first time ever looked the part for a fight.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

Wasnt Furys fault Chisora couldnt get in shape or David Haye became David Copperfield

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:26 pm

It's over as soon as Fury lands a forearm.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:31 pm

catchweight wrote:Wasnt Furys fault Chisora couldnt get in shape or David Haye became David Copperfield

Completely agree Chisora was a disgrace for that fight and rightly got beat, lucky for him it was against Fury because a better fighter would have given him a brutal beating and KOed him. I think any fighter that is only fit enough to fight for 1 and half rounds should not get paid anymore than a fighter taking a dive. He was lucky Haye dropped the fight for his Op because it would have been a massive mismatch.

Last edited by hogey on Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:35 pm

I woudnt consider losing out on 5 million quid or going through training camp for nothing lucky

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:38 pm

That's true catchweight that must have hurt, i doubt he will ever get a chance of another purse like that again. He might as well have got battered and beaten for big cash than in a nothing fight i suppose. He is an accident waiting to happen and will get sparked out by someone soon.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Im sure he will but I dont think there is much of anything seperating him from Chisora. Chisora has looked dodgy for me in his last couple of fights against uninterested journeymen.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:43 pm

catchweight wrote:If Fury turns up in shape with his head clear then I would back him to beat Chisora, possibly even KO him.

Me too, sadly Sad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:23 pm

I went to Upton Park for the Kevin Mitchell - Katisidis fight, lovely ground and charming part of our capital. The opportunity to go again to see a heavyweight I don't rate vs a heavyweight I don't like is not one I will be taking up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Rowley wrote:I went to Upton Park for the Kevin Mitchell - Katisidis fight, lovely ground and charming part of our capital. The opportunity to go again to see a heavyweight I don't rate vs a heavyweight I don't like is not one I will be taking up.

I was there too Jeff. What a crap hole eh? I was sent two lots of tickets in error so flogged a couple to the dodge pots outside (thank you Frank Warren).

I think the most charming moment was Katsidis being given dog's abuse as he left the ring -- someone called him a "sick" so and so. Bizarre.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Horrible place Haz, would have to be a hell of a fight to get me back there again.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:35 pm

I hope you both had a good delousing after attending that fleapit  vomit 

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Rowley wrote:Horrible place Haz, would have to be a hell of a fight to get me back there again.

I actually stayed there once -- you can rent the executive boxes which convert into bedrooms (think I had Mathew Upson's). Went to York Hall to watch Cleverly against Courtney Fry and got lost on the way back. Hairy.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:32 pm

You walked from Bethnal Green to East Ham?!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Doubt it, must be a good 5 miles!!

Walk to Mile End's easy enough though, simple tube home from there.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:43 pm

Never been to Upton Park but it sounds like a right sh1thole

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:52 pm

It's one of London's less (should that be least?) salubrious areas....!

Went there for United away a few years ago, not my most comfortable experience - just thankful I had a southern accent!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:00 pm

Sounds like the perfect place for Fury and Chisora to have it out

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm

United and southern accent goes hand in hand. Back in the day it wasnt such a bad place but now.... Not much left for me. Once the team moves to Stratford I'll probably never go back. Sad really.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 pm

KingMonkey wrote:You walked from Bethnal Green to East Ham?!

Na, went to Shoreditch for a drink - realised we were too old to hang with the cool kids and got lost wandering about. Ended up in a cab that took us for a few laps around London. Think it was around Whitechapel where we got lost.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:06 pm

Uptown Park is one of the most disgraceful areas I have ever frequented. Been 3 or 4 times now (football and boxing) and each time I swear I'll never return.

London in General is just a bit naff. Too busy and everyone is rude. All very stuck up themselves.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:50 am

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Uptown Park is one of the most disgraceful areas I have ever frequented. Been 3 or 4 times now (football and boxing) and each time I swear I'll never return.

London in General is just a bit naff. Too busy and everyone is rude. All very stuck up themselves.

Here we go again......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:37 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Uptown Park is one of the most disgraceful areas I have ever frequented. Been 3 or 4 times now (football and boxing) and each time I swear I'll never return.

Here we go again......

It's my opinion. I'm entitled to it. Now bugger off.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

Laugh 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:00 am

If this one gets made..........Haye-Chisora will be relegated to the second biggest fight of the Century no doubt.........

Maybe we'll get lucky and see Rigo, Manny and Garcia on the undercard.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down