The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield

3 posters

Go down

New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield  Empty New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield

Post by Heuer27 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:50 pm

The SRU have just announced that they are to replace the turf at Murrayfield with the same semi synthetic pitch which has been laid at Twickenham, Lansdowne Road etc.
It's to be ready for the start of the new season.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield  Empty Re: New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:31 pm

The WRU are considering one too. I prefer the semi synthetic ones. The Ospreys/Swansea city and Cardiff city have been using them for a while in Wales. Not keen on the all synthetic pitch The Blues have gone for - can't put my finger on why. Just doesn't seem right!

Back to top Go down

New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield  Empty Re: New semi synthetic surface for Murrayfield

Post by gelodge Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:37 pm

Definitely the way forward, I've heard nothing but praise for the Dublin & London pitches.

Regarding the MS going full or semi, I guess the question might be whether the limited light allowed by the roof will sustain the 60% grass to a high enough quality. Not an easy fix if problems do arise.

gelodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:58 pm

Yep, definitely gelodge. I think the shape of the ms is to blame - the sides curve back upwards meaning the roof opening is smaller than the pitch, or something like that. Needs careful consideration.

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:51 pm

I only beccame familiar with them in the last few months. They are the future. And are real nice playing surfaces.
I hope Murrayfield goes through with the plan. MS is a little different as it seems to keep moisture in when the roof is closed. Hope it works there too.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down