The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific?

+3
Izzi
Rowley
TopHat24/7
7 posters

Go down

Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific? Empty Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific?

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 3:45 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2553836/Is-Britains-worst-boxer-Human-punchbag-gets-ring-despite-losing-50-fights-row.html

Britain's worst boxer, apparently, who has lost every one (50) of his fights since his winning debut upon turning pro.

He's been a victim to Anthony Crolla, Stephen Smith and Ryan Walsh among others.

Journeymen are often unsung heroes of the boxing scene, giving stiff tests and rounds to up'n'comers (this lad has only be ko'd a few times), he's taken fights on 7 hours notice and once fought 19 times in 24 weeks, but when a record gets this bad is there not an argument he should be prevented from what is essentially self-harm?

Or is that unfair as it is denying him his chosen way of making a living and feeding his family?

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific? Empty Re: Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific?

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 3:49 pm

If he passes the medicals then fair play to him

Back to top Go down

Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific? Empty Re: Triumph or Tragedy? Hilarious or horrific?

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Feb 2014, 3:55 pm

It depends a lot top hat. I have seen Peter Buckley, who is kind of king of the journeymen over here, on undercards and whilst I am not going to pretend he is a good fighter he is very good at what he does. He is reasonably cute defensively, does not take too many silly shots and if his opponent takes liberties with him he has enough in his arsenal to clip them and keep them honest. As such those that fight him and beat him have to graft to do so. Also if you want to stop him you really have to work at it, he is not just going to roll over for you.

As such good journeymen serve a decent and vital purpose in the game and are the lifeblood of the sport. For me if a guy is not getting sparked every other week and is enjoying what he is doing let him continue. Don’t know if they do this but there are board officials at every licenced show, would like to think they spend some of their time checking on guys like this to decide if they are a danger to themselves and consider it when they apply for their licence.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Feb 2014, 3:58 pm

What is horrific is your spelling top hat, hirrific indeed.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:09 pm

4 pint lunch..........sorry Rowls!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:4 pint lunch..........sorry Rowls!!

Larry lightweight
Lightweight Street
Lightweightville
L1GTW8T
United States of Lightweight

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:32 pm

And on topic there's a need for these guys to get rounds under the belt for up n comers.

And every once in a while one is lucky enough to get in with Khan and knock him down which will give him something to tell the grand kids.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:34 pm

Izzi wrote:

Larry lightweight
Lightweight Street
Lightweightville
L1GTW8T

First time Tophats been called a lightweight - unless each of those is a reference to each of his limbs and his head its pretty accurate.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

Izzi wrote:

Larry lightweight
Lightweight Street
Lightweightville
L1GTW8T

4 pints and I made a typo.

Sober you still didn't know who George Zimmerman is/was.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

Larry lightweight
Lightweight Street
Lightweightville
L1GTW8T

And you can't decide if George Zimmerman's dead or alive despite the fact he's supposedly fighting a BMX (I may have read that bit wrong)

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

Larry lightweight
Lightweight Street
Lightweightville
L1GTW8T

And you can't decide if George Zimmerman's dead or alive despite the fact he's supposedly fighting a BMX (I may have read that bit wrong)

To be fair, having Googled him, I take zero interest in which yank has shot someone in "self defence", proper men come to fisty cuffs over disputes and don't act like a coward from 10ft away because it's their constitutional right.

Tend to take note of more high brow news dear boy.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:45 pm

Wasn't there a British fighter that only retired in the last few years that had over 300 losses.

This new guy with 50 sounds like he's only warming up.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:46 pm

In what parallel universe did I lock the last thread about Zimmerman so it could be started on a different thread?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:49 pm

Rowley wrote:In what parallel universe did I lock the last thread about Zimmerman so it could be started on a different thread?

In the one where there are 6 palanquin bearers strong enough to carry tophat about.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:52 pm

Rowley wrote:In what parallel universe did I lock the last thread about Zimmerman so it could be started on a different thread?

Laugh Laugh Laugh 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Apologies Roweeee, didn't realize you'd locked that one. Blame topple though.

Back on topic, you actually seldom see one of these lads get sparked badly. Probably as the other guy doesn't exactly load up as much as he would and almost uses it for sparring before throwing a few bombs and getting him out of there.

Or you're Khan and have to come off the floor to win.

Last edited by Izzi on Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:54 pm

Through the looking glass stuff round here today top hat, threads are locked to be started on a different one and you get described as lightweight. Glad I will be back in the comforting arms of Guinness within the hour.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 07 Feb 2014, 4:57 pm

Rowley wrote:Through the looking glass stuff round here today top hat, threads are locked to be started on a different one and you get described as lightweight. Glad I will be back in the comforting arms of Guinness within the hour.

Headscratch 

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 07 Feb 2014, 5:47 pm

Izzi wrote:

Back on topic, you actually seldom see one of these lads get sparked badly.

The ref normally protects them and jumps in very early.

The problems with ref's who work continuously on Warren cards is they then get conditioned into thinking that's how every fight should end particularly when Nathan Cleverly is involved (unless he's fighting Kovalev).

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 6:10 pm

Rowley wrote:It depends a lot top hat. I have seen Peter Buckley, who is kind of king of the journeymen over here, on undercards and whilst I am not going to pretend he is a good fighter he is very good at what he does. He is reasonably cute defensively, does not take too many silly shots and if his opponent takes liberties with him he has enough in his arsenal to clip them and keep them honest. As such those that fight him and beat him have to graft to do so. Also if you want to stop him you really have to work at it, he is not just going to roll over for you.  

As such good journeymen serve a decent and vital purpose in the game and are the lifeblood of the sport. For me if a guy is not getting sparked every other week and is enjoying what he is doing let him continue. Don’t know if they do this but there are board officials at every licenced show, would like to think they spend some of their time checking on guys like this to decide if they are a danger to themselves and consider it when they apply for their licence.

Have you seen much of Delroy Spencer Rowley? What he does is quite an art (without wishing to blow it out of proportion).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 07 Feb 2014, 6:12 pm

Why was it locked?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm

Have no time for Boxing prostitutes that go in the ring with a price on their body......For you to abuse...

Whilst I have nothing against Women of the night........

I have against time wasting punks who have no intention of winning...

Give honest journeymen a bad name..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Have no time for Boxing prostitutes that go in the ring with a price on their body......For you to abuse...

Whilst I have nothing against Women of the night........

I have against time wasting punks who have no intention of winning...

Give honest journeymen a bad name..
If he started winning he'd have to get himself a half decent promoter and then he'd spend more time NOT getting meaningful fights and wishing he'd stuck to filling in on undercards for a few quid every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:51 pm

I'm thinking of employing this guy for a few rounds at home.....

Next time she p***es me off.......

I'll probably end up in the WBO top 10 list when I've finished...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down