The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through??

+5
jimmyinthewell68
kingjohn7
Kenny
Stella
TRUSSMAN66
9 posters

Go down

Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through?? Empty Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

I love my Schwarzenegger collection...and love my Horror collection...(Almost as much as the Peter North one I don't have  Wink ).....Also like recording movies on SKY plus......However I've become an impatient scroat...........If and when I get to watch DVDs in the lounge........(When Titanic isn't on)......I tend to run the FF button into the ground thinking "Boo long conversation here don't need this"....or...."Boo when is the next killing"...

Anybody else found...... the older they get ...the harder it is to watch a whole film ???

Anybody else run the FF button into the ground ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through?? Empty Re: Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through??

Post by Stella Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

I usually fast forward your average horror film, like I did with 'cabin in the woods' at the weekend. The dialogue is rarely important, and those pesky teenagers tend to get on my nerves half the time.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through?? Empty Re: Anybody else find it hard to watch a Movie all the way through??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm

That is the problem Stell.............Horror films these days you are hoping most of them get wasted...

Especially because they are enjoying more fun and sex than I ever did as a teenager !!!!!! mad  mad 

Idea is supposed to be... to build suspense by having characters you like being threatened and stalked.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 10 Feb 2014, 1:28 pm

If it is in a cinema i do sit and watch the whole movie .

If i am at home i have found myself getting distracted by anything really , i wouldn't of dreamed of going out the room to make a drink a few years ago ( i would of made sure i had everything i needed at hand before the film started ....ie drinks , snacks , tissues  Wink ) but now i wander in and out of the room all the time .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:36 pm

No, I'm a patient soul whereas my wife can manage about an hour of a film then she just HAS to start asking questions like "Do you think Julie will go out on Saturday?" WTF has that got to do with Sandra Bullock floating around in space.

I now copy films to my tablet and watch them whilst she's asleep. I'm generally shattered but infinitely happier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm

Well........Did Julie go out on Saturday ??

Gotta tell us !!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:45 pm

It's this Saturday...and my wife's not going out so why the hell should she care anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

You put your foot down..............

I do all the time...........Never works...........but I still do it !!.. thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:54 pm

Last time I put my foot down...she stamped on it.

I've decided it's better to grind my teeth to the gumline than have a row that I can't justify starting and then lose thus compounding my anger...whilst suffering the indignity of having to sit through "the Voice" in stony silence as she doesn't appreciate my witty quips re the pointlessness of Will.i.am....or the growling noise I make in the back of my throat when Emma Willis is on screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:04 pm

That show is the pits.........I can sympathise.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:06 pm

The Voice...........the pits?

You haven't seen 'Ant and Dec's Saturday night takeaway?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

No but If It's chinese......I'll eat it !!

and I'm not just talking about food.. thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I love my Schwarzenegger collection...and love my Horror collection...(Almost as much as the Peter North one I don't have  Wink ).....Also like recording movies on SKY plus......However I've become an impatient scroat...........If and when I get to watch DVDs in the lounge........(When Titanic isn't on)......I tend to run the FF button into the ground thinking "Boo long conversation here don't need this"....or...."Boo when is the next killing"...

Anybody else found...... the older they get ...the harder it is to watch a whole film ???

Anybody else run the FF button into the ground ??

Yes, I find this.  Perhaps some of this is down to originality; if you're older there's a good chance you've seen it all before.  It could also be down to the fact that when you're older you don't like having your time wasted as much - simply because you don't have as much time to waste.  Unfortunately, for me, if a film doesn't peak my interest enough I'm usually asleep before I can even get to the remote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

Also the films with a WWE wrestler. I like them but you don't need to follow the story that much, just the punch ups. BUT I will say that Dwayne Johnson has made a couple of films that go against my theory.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 8:08 pm

No, I am a silent sitter through till the bitter end. Only difference is now I will stop watching a film early doors if im not feeling it, before would just push on through. Im not that old yet though(20s).

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:06 pm

That's old to me....

I've been 18 for as long as I can remember... Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 11 Feb 2014, 2:46 pm

i tend to pause films a lot or play with my phone when the boring conversations come up . it depends on if i got a lot on my mind and can't considerate then the fast forward comes on particularly during a horror and the girl wandering for half hour in a dark house , fast forward till she gets attacked . also car chases . seen to many

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 06 Mar 2014, 6:39 am

I watched Pacific Rim - or should I say most of Pacific Rim - last night, and this thread came to mind this morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm

MediaCat wrote:I watched Pacific Rim .

I hate peeping Toms.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 06 Mar 2014, 9:37 pm

Might want to think about other signs of depression if you have no attention span for something you have previously enjoyed.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Mar 2014, 1:50 pm

Speaking from experience ...??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:02 pm

I used to like Stickle Bricks...I'm not so fussed about them now. Does that mean I'm depressed?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:04 pm

Sounds kinky

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Mar 2014, 2:22 pm

Only if you stick 'em up ya bum.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 10:25 am

i go through phases . sometimes Im really into films and watch what i can get my hands on and sometimes i just can't sit still for the two hours and considerate . usually catch up on films Sundays with a bad hangover

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 12:30 pm

That would be Hangover part II then?

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 13 Mar 2014, 1:32 pm

DAVE667 wrote:That would be Hangover part II then?
  laughing  yeah not watched that tho nor 3 , which i heard is rubbish

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Mar 2014, 1:40 pm

Thought the first one was pretty dire as well, not sure why it escapes ridicule.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Mar 2014, 2:08 pm

Watch Hangover II and you'll see why.

Jimmy, Hangover part III is crap as well but not as bad as two...although that's a bit like saying "Girls Aloud" aren't as sh!t as "The Pussycat Dolls"

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 2:12 pm

its not a even a New idea . think there was a film called dude where's my car or something like that

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:its not a even a New idea . think there was a film called     dude where's my car  or something like that

Dude where's my car is awesome, it's a film to watch when you're smashed or don't want to have to focus and have a cheap laugh. Kutcher and William-Scott at their best.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:29 pm

Hampo, you're an idiot.......it's not even as good as Bill and Ted (and THAT'S a load of sh!t too)

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:30 pm

Dave!!!! Bill & Ted is brilliant as well, the first obviously, the second was poor. Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:33 pm

I'm gonna refer you to my previous post...and be done with you, good sir.

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:42 pm

Sad

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:58 pm

Yes I too find it hard to watch a film all the way through, and tend to watch them in bitesize blocks, usually half an hour at a time. Can't watch a whole soccer match either, what's the point? the final score is the important thing. My attention span has gone to pot the last few years  picard 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

and if you username is owt to go by, so has your bladder control.

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:25 pm

my username pertains to my lack of bumhole control
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

incontinentia wrote:my username pertains to my lack of bumhole control

You're good at hijacking threads.....Been on any planes recently ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:29 pm

the swear filter is ridiculous, since when is s-p-h-i-n-c-t-e-r a bad word??
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:06 pm

incontinentia wrote:the swear filter is ridiculous, since when is  s-p-h-i-n-c-t-e-r  a bad word??
When it's preceded by the words, "Man, if you think that then you really are one stupid..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down