The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England vs Wales 9th March

+77
Sgt_Pooly
Pal Joey
nathan
propdavid_london
tazfalklands
dragonbreath
Gatland's mouth
Tiger/Chief
Poorfour
Luckless Pedestrian
Norfolklass
TJ
GunsGerms
RDSguru
Cowshot
Metal Tiger
No 7&1/2
Geordie
BamBam
beshocked
yappysnap
Steffan
Seagultaf
George Carlin
Allty
kiakahaaotearoa
lostinwales
Notch
slartibartfast
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Scratch
rodders
killer938
munkian
Casartelli
Cadair Idris
jimmyinthewell68
Comfort
BlueNote
Breadvan
SecretFly
Jimpy
Rugby Fan
thomh
quinsforever
GloriousEmpire
gregortree
stub
Nachos Jones
MissBlennerhassett
Jhamer25
majesticimperialman
englandglory4ever
sickofwendy
king_carlos
Chjw131
bedfordwelsh
Biltong
LondonTiger
nottins_again
HammerofThunor
Knowsit17
BigTrevsbigmac
Scrumpy
mystiroakey
Portnoy's Complaint
wales606
ChequeredJersey
Cyril
rainbow-warrior
Taffineastbourne
Wi11
The Saint
nobbled
Barney McGrew did it
Duty281
maestegmafia
81 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

England vs Wales 9th March  - Page 10 Empty England vs Wales 9th March

Post by maestegmafia Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

Let's look towards the next game after getting ourselves back on track against France, just like last year, after the Irish put the spanner in the works.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Fri 21 Feb 2014, 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

England vs Wales 9th March  - Page 10 Empty Re: England vs Wales 9th March

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 01 Mar 2014, 9:46 pm

I am mixing up years then, sorry
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 01 Mar 2014, 9:46 pm

God I hope they do that again
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:08 pm

It is just a thought, will we see Wales having a fourteen man line out in any 6ns games?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:52 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

I can't remember Gats often being wrong...

That time he announced Wales were going to kick down Englands throats so they selected 4 capped fullbacks and 2 capped fly halves?

That's not being wrong, it's lying. Different thing

See you seem to be suffering selective memory syndrome. They did follow through with the "threat" and ended up losing heavily. It was one of the most stupid tactical announcements in history.

30 - 3
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:58 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

That time he announced Wales were going to kick down Englands throats so they selected 4 capped fullbacks and 2 capped fly halves?

See you seem to be suffering selective memory syndrome. They did follow through with the "threat" and ended up losing heavily. It was one of the most stupid tactical announcements in history.

30 - 3

That was a different match, I assume
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 01 Mar 2014, 11:58 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Nearly as stupid in fact as Stewie selecting 1 cap on the wings v France in the opening game of a 6 Nations.  Doh 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:00 am

Scratch wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Nearly as stupid in fact as Stewie selecting 1 cap on the wings v France in the opening game of a 6 Nations.  Doh 

I don't think that was his main error against France. And I'd have thought you'd bring up the selection errors vs Wales instead
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:02 am

It's not like we had many better options against France. Either uncapped players, Ashton who had a torrid autumn, Strettle who has previous for being in good club form and playing poor for England (a bit harsh on him maybe though), Brown out of position or an oldie like Cueto
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:02 am

Such knee jerk reactions as well...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:42 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:Just watched the Scarlets' game.DAvies is not ready for selection based on what I saw.Good hands but he was far from his rumbustuous self.It is only England so there is no point risking him.

Yes but it's Gats selecting & don't forget he thought JD2 was better than BOD.

On that particular tour he was but as I have said in the past and as CJ pointed out JD wasn't picked over BOD, Roberts was as JD was already in the side.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:54 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:Just watched the Scarlets' game.DAvies is not ready for selection based on what I saw.Good hands but he was far from his rumbustuous self.It is only England so there is no point risking him.

Yes but it's Gats selecting & don't forget he thought JD2 was better than BOD.

On that particular tour he was but as I have said in the past and as CJ pointed out JD wasn't picked over BOD, Roberts was as JD was already in the side.

Bedford - you & CJ are giving a serious answer to what started as a wum comment from Taff which deserved an equally wum-type answer.

Back to the game. I think North is more of a threat on the wing but JD looked rusty last night so it may be an awkward decision for Wales. If JD isn't considered ready I don't think you have any option other than to put North in at OC.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:11 am

Trev,

I never raise to WUMs most are very poorly crafted and dont deserves answers I just point out facts it tends then to shoot most WUMS down in flames.

I would start JD on the bench, I know our options are limited due to injuries in the centre but I would be very wary starting him and rushing him back plus it would prove bit of point that players should work way back into squad.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 02 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:Trev,

I never raise to WUMs most are very poorly crafted and dont deserves answers I just point out facts it tends then to shoot most WUMS down in flames.

I would start JD on the bench, I know our options are limited due to injuries in the centre but I would be very wary starting him and rushing him back plus it would prove bit of point that players should work way back into squad.

Your right on both counts Bedford -  OK 

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 10:48 am

I wonder if next year Irish fans will only answer everything with the below

26-3

26-3

26-3

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:08 am

26 - 3

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:39 am

It seems as if CJ asked a question about a match where the result was 30-3. How is rainbow wrong? Nice to see the English have moved on from coat-tailing the Aussies anyway. I always did prefer the Irish.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:41 am

Coat tail?

so saint i take it we are again the no.1 enemy?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:44 am

Hibbard wrote:
"Last year's championship to this one is totally different. I think it is going to be a physical encounter and tough."

"They are playing very well at the moment and they were unlucky not to get a result out in France,"

"They have had two great results since, so it is going to be a very tough game against a very competent England side playing well."

He should probably post here, sounds far more balanced and reasonable than the one eyed Welsh fans, despite becoming one eyed 5 years ago after losing the other to a phantom "gauge"

Yeah you're correct about Hibbard. I remember last year when he claimed he would "hi-5 Scott Johnson for the victory" in the build-up the Scotland vs Wales games. I remember Hibbard scoring a try and he did just as he said he would when Wales closed out the game. Of course the fans had to deal with the usual cheat accusations and ref-blaming on here afterwards. Sometimes I just wish every English V2 member could be like Stuart Barnes.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:47 am

The Saint wrote:
Hibbard wrote:
"Last year's championship to this one is totally different. I think it is going to be a physical encounter and tough."

"They are playing very well at the moment and they were unlucky not to get a result out in France,"

"They have had two great results since, so it is going to be a very tough game against a very competent England side playing well."

He should probably post here, sounds far more balanced and reasonable than the one eyed Welsh fans, despite becoming one eyed 5 years ago after losing the other to a phantom "gauge"

Yeah you're correct about Hibbard. I remember last year when he claimed he would "hi-5 Scott Johnson for the victory" in the build-up the Scotland vs Wales games. I remember Hibbard scoring a try and he did just as he said he would when Wales closed out the game. Of course the fans had to deal with the usual cheat accusations and ref-blaming on here afterwards. Sometimes I just wish every English V2 member could be like Stuart Barnes.

I assume that's a joke?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:49 am

Not at all. He's biased, but less than half as biased as the folk on here!  Doh 

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:50 am

England are favourites in my mind because of the inspiring form od Danny Care and Mike Brown seems to break lines at will. That said, Wales did look very impressive against France. Its going to be a great game and i for one am looking forward to it.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:52 am

Its an odd one to call based on other results...But i can really only see another titanic struggle..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 02 Mar 2014, 11:57 am

Nachos Jones wrote:England are favourites in my mind because of the inspiring form od Danny Care and Mike Brown seems to break lines at will. That said, Wales did look very impressive against France. Its going to be a great game and i for one am looking forward to it.

And France?.................................. well, they're doing what they usually do - play shyte until they meet us.  We're being set up for another fall, with one Morgan effing Parra leading the charge once more!  I don't want to talk about the smart-a-s-s French!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:00 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Its an odd one to call based on other results...But i can really only see another titanic struggle..

Brown singing My Heart Will Go On into Halpenny's ear on the bow?????  Easy!!!  This is family viewing 606 here...

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:01 pm

The Saint wrote:Not at all. He's biased, but less than half as biased as the folk on here!  Doh 

It's not that he's biased (towards Leinster...) that upsets people, it's that says some ridiculous things and comes across as thinking he knows far more than he does
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:02 pm

Lol SF

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:03 pm

Well, we learnt that the Saint rates Stuart Barnes' opinions, don't let that sway your valuation of his own though...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:04 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:England are favourites in my mind because of the inspiring form od Danny Care and Mike Brown seems to break lines at will. That said, Wales did look very impressive against France. Its going to be a great game and i for one am looking forward to it.

I'd say Fofana and Huget are better at that. They only way they could manage to break the line against Wales is by getting away with clear-as-day forward passes. England can't rely on forward passes to try and run through us. I seriously think some folk underestimate our defence when we're on song. I bet we'll be hearing cries of 'offside' though should England fail to cross the line.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:20 pm

The Saint wrote:

I'd say Fofana and Huget are better at that. They only way they could manage to break the line against Wales is by getting away with clear-as-day forward passes. England can't rely on forward passes to try and run through us. I seriously think some folk underestimate our defence when we're on song. I bet we'll be hearing cries of 'offside' though should England fail to cross the line.

Not underestimating Wales' defence at all but it will have to be on song against England because Danny Care is bypassing Farrell and organising the English centres into great running lines. Don't underestimate Englands ability to make breaks either Saint OK

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Not underestimating Wales' defence at all but it will have to be on song against England because Danny Care is bypassing Farrell and organising the English centres into great running lines. Don't underestimate Englands ability to make breaks either Saint OK

I don't. I see Burrell is on great form. I think the centre's might cancel each other out though because all 4 are so massive... Roberts hasn't let us down against any big centre in the past, Banahan, Tuilagi, both smashed backwards. I hope he can do the same. I wouldn't change the side that played against France, I would however alter the bench.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:23 pm

SecretFly wrote:

And France?.................................. well, they're doing what they usually do - play shyte until they meet us.  We're being set up for another fall, with one Morgan effing Parra leading the charge once more!  I don't want to talk about the smart-a-s-s French!

Granted France were not that great against Wales but how much is that due to Wales outplaying them and frustrating them? I would say that Wales (like Ireland did against Wales) simply out played them and made them look ordinary.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:31 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Granted France were not that great against Wales but how much is that due to Wales outplaying them and frustrating them? I would say that Wales (like Ireland did against Wales) simply out played them and made them look ordinary.

Bid'a both Wink Wales very good in their own right. France - pretty damn bad in theirs. Wales got it easier than they might have expected. And France were hit by a team they couldn't fuddle f**k against and still win.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Mar 2014, 12:36 pm

We done nothing special but its amazing what you can achieve when you get the basics right which is what we did and where every game should start.

If you can't get those right then you will always struggle to win games and any level.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 02 Mar 2014, 1:02 pm

Bedford, I wonder how much Wales's improvement in the basics were to do with the inclusion of Ball or the absence of AWJ.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Mar 2014, 1:41 pm

slartibartfast wrote:Bedford, I wonder how much Wales's improvement in the basics were to do with the inclusion of Ball or the absence of AWJ.

Neither in my opinion, it was a team effort and they all knuckled down and just got on with it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sun 02 Mar 2014, 2:29 pm

rainbow-warrior wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

30 - 3

Dining out on last years score shocker. Rolling Eyes 
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 02 Mar 2014, 2:33 pm

France were terrible against Wales. Their 9 and 15 played particularly badly. The first try by Wales was gifted by really poor play by France. England can start badly too as we've seen against Nz and France. If England start well and get their own game going Wales will find it very difficult.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:26 pm

I think for the most they will cancel each other out and the game will be won on which team capatalises on the others mistakes or taking the very few chances either team will create.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:Trev,

Your right on both counts Bedford -  OK 

JD looked to be protecting his injury and avoiding contact in defence. Unfortunately he looked a long way from a Wales comeback.

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm

Breadvan wrote:
rainbow-warrior wrote:
ChequeredJersey wrote:
The Saint wrote:

30 - 3

Dining out on last years score shocker. Rolling Eyes 

It's better than dining out on others people's scores though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 3:59 pm

saint - you do realise d"dining out on others scores" isn't an English trait- its very much a celt trait

"anyone but england"

so who are you accusing who of?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

Yeah of course it is, because you say so, right? The Celts quite clearly aren't the ones latching on to Australian and Irish wins over Wales...

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sun 02 Mar 2014, 4:17 pm

why would england fans care about irish or australian victories over wales?

we care about english victories. over australia. over ireland, and hopefully soon over wales. rugby match results are not commutative.

the "anyone but england" mentality doesnt exist for wales, in spite of what you may think.

fyi, you should probably let the IRB rankings know that they are "coat-tailing".

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:27 pm

England rugby 'fans' have been coat-tailing Aus wins over Wales for years, I've never quite seen anything like it tbh and it just makes you guys look really stupid. It appears they've now moved on to the Irish.

Oh and now we're back to the rankings chat... Yeah, those IRB RWC group seedings really helped you put a try past us in the last 3 encounters didn't they...oh wait, they didn't. That was Steve Walsh, et al!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:40 pm

England vs Wales 9th March  - Page 10 1347041234

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:45 pm

The Saint wrote:Yeah of course it is, because you say so, right? The Celts quite clearly aren't the ones latching on to Australian and Irish wins over Wales...

when has that ever even happened..

lol you think we support those teams against you. Oh dear.

We may well have pointed out that your record v aus is criminally bad. as you should well know in conversation., But we are not supporting teams against wales!!

we are not coat tailing anyone!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:50 pm

England fans love seeing Wales lose. They just make out they dont. I remember being in a bar during the 2007 RWC in Cyprus and Wales were playing Canada and all the English rugby fans were cheering on the Canadians

Plus in the 2011 RWC when Wales lost to France all the English I know were loving it

Welsh people cheer on Englands opponents but at least we are honest about it where as England fans make out they dont care but are always willing to gloat when Wales lose to a Southern Hemisphere team etc

The 'anyone but Wales' attitude is starting to surface a lot more nowadays I find

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

You keep saying that about english people steffan- yet i live in england and dont know one that does.

It only makes you feel better as you love to see england lose- you dont want to feel like the only muppet that supports against teams

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 02 Mar 2014, 6:56 pm

mystiroakey wrote:You keep saying that about english people steffan- yet i live in england and dont know one that does.

It only makes you feel better as you love to see england lose- you dont want to feel like the only muppet that supports against teams
Thanks for the insult. Very mature  thumbsup 

So you are saying then that I am the only person in the world who cheers against a team?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 02 Mar 2014, 7:00 pm

no - but it really is getting ridiculous mate..

You keep saying we (England) supports against Wales when the truth is that only happens with a small minority)

You are saying that us English that truly dont care are lying about that fact that we dont care.

I am not lying about it and neither is anyone else that tells you they really dont care or in fact actually offer support on occasions- in which i do..

Most of us do support other NH teams v SH teams, and on other games it depends on the situation of our own team.. That is the norm.. You are trying to make out we are we are lying about it and secretly want you to fail- and you have brought it up tens and tens of times , yet we(me and others) allways correct you .

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next