The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

+21
VinceWLB
Jhamer25
cakeordeath
Welshmushroom
Allty
quinsforever
Stone Motif
Breadvan
Knowsit17
ME-109
glamorganalun
SecretFly
RDSguru
Notch
BlueMuff
The Saint
MrsP
Artful_Dodger
stevetynant
LeinsterFan4life
LordDowlais
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo - Page 2 Empty Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by LordDowlais Sun 23 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

First topic message reminder :

I am watching the Ospreys V Munster game and yet again with only half an hour gone I am seeing biased Irish refereeing. The best thing the Welsh regions could do is walk away from this farce, I am fed up and sick to death with seeing Munster, Leinster and Ulster getting the lions share of the decisions with the poor officiating we are subjected to in this league, until the Irish refs can start to learn to be fair then the only thing the regions can do is walk away, perhaps this Anglo/Welsh league is not a bad idea, I for one am fed up of what I am being subjected to every week with the way things are happening, it's time to walk away I reckon. steam 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by cakeordeath Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:20 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:The standard of refereeing across all the leagues is very poor and even at international level its poor. I don't know who is coaching these refs or what they have to do to become a top level ref but things have to change.

Hopefully when Owens retires he can go into coaching new referees.

I don't actually agree with this (apart from Italian refs ;-) )

With all the technology we have at our hands now we can scrutinise referee's performances in greater detail.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for the regions to walk away from the Rabo

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:44 pm

The best ref I have seen in the u20s so far has actually been an Italian ref. There arent actually any Italian refs in the league iirc. Marius or whatever his name is, is actually Romanian.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:51 pm

I was impressed by that Romanian ref.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:52 pm

MrsP wrote:Oh dear goodness me!

picard 

How any Welsh fan can ever complain about poor reffereeing really confuses me? The number of times their national team have benefitted from ref errors is ridiculous but yet some of them moan again and again about how unfair the world is.

[b]Really heartening to see many Welsh fans on here showing the correct attitude.

clap 

For a start get a grip, a lot of the welsh fans have disagreed with Dowlais but no we must all think that aye.

There was no way Ospreys were going to win that game, a few passes but nothing special by the Ospreys. I mean their pack were just weak, really really weak. That Perry Parker made about a dozen mistakes, James King keeps getting smashed about, Duncan Jones looks past it and Dan Suter (although young) offered nothing around the park or scrum times. Munster were just completely dominant up front and the ref was very fair. It's not the ref that is ruining the regions chances of Rabo play offs it's the strength in depth we don't have

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:56 pm

Giuseppe Vivarini

Matteo Liperini

Claudio Blessano

They are all listed as Italian as far as I can see but it looks like only the first one has whistled a Pro12 game.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 24 Feb 2014, 1:58 pm

Definitely have had Blessano at Ravenhill before.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:01 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
MrsP wrote:Oh dear goodness me!

picard 

How any Welsh fan can ever complain about poor reffereeing really confuses me? The number of times their national team have benefitted from ref errors is ridiculous but yet some of them moan again and again about how unfair the world is.

Really heartening to see many Welsh fans on here showing the correct attitude.

clap 

For a start get a grip, a lot of the welsh fans have disagreed with Dowlais but no we must all think that aye.

There was no way Ospreys were going to win that game, a few passes but nothing special by the Ospreys. I mean their pack were just weak, really really weak. That Perry Parker made about a dozen mistakes, James King keeps getting smashed about, Duncan Jones looks past it and Dan Suter (although young) offered nothing around the park or scrum times. Munster were just completely dominant up front and the ref was very fair. It's not the ref that is ruining the regions chances of Rabo play offs it's the strength in depth we don't have

Headscratch 

I know a lot of Welsh fans have disagreed with LD. That's what I found heartening.

I don't understand the last bit?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:17 pm

MrsP wrote:Giuseppe Vivarini

Matteo Liperini

Claudio Blessano

They are all listed as Italian as far as I can see but it looks like only the first one has whistled a Pro12 game.

Vivarini is now my favourite ref in the rabo, never biased and coherent in his decisions.

Blessano is a major homer though, got downgraded to french pro d2 earlier this season.

Haven't seen enough of Liperini yet but Mitrea is quite decent.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:30 pm

MrsP it is a bit confusing reading your post as to whether you are commenting that all welsh posters on 606v2 are like LD (which would be inflammatory) or whether you are commenting that from the responses from the welsh posters up until your post that didn't agree with LD was what you found heartening.

I read your post as the latter but I reckon plenty on here could see it as the former.  You might even be wondering why some posters are giving out to you even though they appear to have the same point of view.

On the Irish ref's for provinces playing in Wales.  The Welsh teams usually bring a ref with them for games over here against the provinces.  Why does it work that way? Maybe because of the dross of Scot and Italian referees who couldn't handle games properly between Irish and Welsh sides 3-4-5 years back a decision was made that it would be better to take a referee with the visiting side and deal with it that way than having to play a game with a poorer quality of referee.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:36 pm

Okay.

Didn't realise it had confused anyone. Although there had only been one (not many) Welsh fan express dissatisfaction with the ref prior to my post and that was LD.

I was genuinely praising the attitude of those who were telling LD he was talking nonsense.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Mon 24 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm

His post was rather embarrassing and the vast majority of sportsmen I know in Wales have a completely opposite view to the OP

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 24 Feb 2014, 6:42 pm

Someone who blames referring for continued team failure is a person without any credibility.

Stop winging, get a grip and sort out the problems in your own backyard and success will follow.
It like a spoilt brat - everyone else is to blame except yourself.

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Mon 24 Feb 2014, 7:07 pm

geoff999rugby wrote:Someone who blames referring for continued team failure is a person without any credibility.

Stop winging, get a grip and sort out the problems in your own backyard and success will follow.
Continued team failure, best team in the leagues history who just recorded the biggest win in the history of the Celtic league.  Very Happy 

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 7:16 pm

Welsh Magician wrote:
geoff999rugby wrote:Someone who blames referring for continued team failure is a person without any credibility.

Continued team failure, best team in the leagues history who just recorded the biggest win in the history of the Celtic league.  Very Happy

So it's not failure at all!!  It's Success!!!!!!!!!  It's Champagne!  It's "What were we worried about? Look at our history".  What is that lad Lord on about????

"Just recorded the biggest win in the history of the Celtic League" though?  Explain that one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Mon 24 Feb 2014, 8:09 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Welsh Magician wrote:

So it's not failure at all!!  It's Success!!!!!!!!!  It's Champagne!  It's "What were we worried about?  Look at our history".  What is that lad Lord on about????

"Just recorded the biggest win in the history of the Celtic League" though?  Explain that one.
75-7, 8 days ago? Didn't anybody else see that one?  Whistle 

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 24 Feb 2014, 8:14 pm

I actually didn't! And didn't hear it mentioned either.... even here. I must have been deep into my International concentration mode

Sorry about that. That's some tally!!! Congratulations on that.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:28 pm

Are we assume that LD feels the Os only managed that fantastic showing against Treviso because they had a Welsh ref?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff999rugby Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:35 pm

Was he biased ..that cant be true

You enjoy the 75-7 win

I'd rather have our 14-12 win and qualifying for the HC 4 v years in a row thanks!

geoff999rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 9:47 pm

I am sure he was not biased in any way, shape or form.

I am just wondering if the OP feels so strongly that the ref has such a huge part to play when his team lose, is it not logical to assume he feels the same way when his team wins?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Welsh Magician Mon 24 Feb 2014, 10:53 pm

MrsP wrote:I am sure he was not biased in any way, shape or form.

I am just wondering if the OP feels so strongly that the ref has such a huge part to play when his team lose, is it not logical to assume he feels the same way when his team wins?

I don't think Nigel gave many decisions, other than to let the onslaught continue that is. It is interesting to see the comments of "It was a weak Treviso side" in an attempt to detract from the result, yet Ulster beat nearly the exact same team 12-14 a week later.  Hug 

Welsh Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 24 Feb 2014, 11:31 pm

Headscratch 

Where are these comments about the weak Treviso side?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:30 am

Now now children!!! Let's all enjoy the Pro12 for what it is - we're family after all.

So................. let the mud-slinging, back-biting, tribal snottiness, sneering asides and general open warfare continue in good order Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:34 am

Allty wrote:
LordDowlais wrote: I am watching the Ospreys V Munster, it's time to walk away I reckon. steam 

Please speak for yourself not all of us.

The ref had a good game yesterday the result was fair.  

If you dont like it turn your TV off

Bravo, Allty clap

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Allty Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:02 am

Very kind of you Al....

Allty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2