The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ?

+13
HammerofThunor
quinsforever
Jhamer25
geoff998rugby
andyi
thebandwagonsociety
neilthom7
Notch
XR
Sin é
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
SecretFly
munkian
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ? Empty New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ?

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 9:21 am

Ok, as we all know, no matter who plays in it next season, Rabbo will no longer be sponsoring the league.

Who would fans like to see sponsoring it - maybe from a financial/exposure view point and purely just the name ?

Someone 'alcoholic' would be nice

*edit*

The sponsor should be an alcohol company - I'm not suggesting Charvis or Care have the finances to sponsor an entire rugby league

Last edited by munkian on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Durrp)
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ? Empty Re: New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ?

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:33 am

Guinness............. that's it in black and white.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ? Empty Re: New 'Celto/Itallian' league sponsor ?

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:35 am

Best Bitter?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:36 am

SecretFly wrote:Guinness............. that's it in black and white.

Ah c'mon, Beamish is the proper stuff, not your fancy commercial Dublin muck  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:37 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Best Bitter?

No I don't think he is. He still thinks Ireland are in the driver's seat for the Championship.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:40 am

munkian wrote:

Ah c'mon, Beamish is the proper stuff, not your fancy commercial Dublin muck  Wink 

Slick adverts with dancing Africans in colourful suits!!!! All de tyme indha world? South American lads surfing???

You know it makes sense! It's showtyme!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:43 am

SecretFly wrote:
munkian wrote:

Slick adverts with dancing Africans in colourful suits!!!!  All de tyme indha world?  South American lads surfing???

You know it makes sense!  It's showtyme!

Whatever happened to Murphys ? It seemed to travel better and wasn't served ridiculously cold. I'm in Ireland for a week soon - I'm guessing the black stuff is still around 4-5 Euro a pint ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 10:48 am

munkian wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
munkian wrote:

Slick adverts with dancing Africans in colourful suits!!!!  All de tyme indha world?  South American lads surfing???

You know it makes sense!  It's showtyme!

Whatever happened to Murphys ? It seemed to travel better and wasn't served ridiculously cold. I'm in Ireland for a week soon - I'm guessing the black stuff is still around 4-5 Euro a pint ?

All the better to pay sponsorship bills. Just because they could sponsor it doesn't require every Pro12 supporter to drink it Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:13 am

Beats Magners hands down  vomit 

BT Sport to sponsor would be nice !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:23 am

BT?.................... mad They've created history for themselves in a quick amount of time.
Perhaps it would be best for them to sit out this window of opportunity.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:26 am

Hey, I get free BT Sport, principals go out the window  Very Happy 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:39 am

I read somewhere a few weeks ago that there are 6 sponsors bidding for the Pro12. Probably has a lot to do with Sky now broadcasting it.

I'd say the chances of BT sponsoring it are slim and none with Sky now in the mix.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:41 am

munkian wrote:Whatever happened to Murphys ? It seemed to travel better and wasn't served ridiculously cold. I'm in Ireland for a week soon - I'm guessing the black stuff is still around 4-5 Euro a pint ?

They sell it in Aldi  thumbsup 

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:44 am

Iberian?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:49 am

Ryanair

They said they'd cough up a thousand a year for the privilege...............IF.............. the crowds pay extra for coming to the grounds in their own cars, especially if they have any bags in the boot...and strictly no beverages or food to be served at any grounds.

Good offer "in all fairness"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:55 am

Course secret that could cause issue when teams land about 60 miles from their destination and cant make the match

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:56 am

Notch wrote:Iberian?

HA ! You are quite right, feiced that on up Royally !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:58 am

gcBlues wrote:
munkian wrote:Whatever happened to Murphys ? It seemed to travel better and wasn't served ridiculously cold. I'm in Ireland for a week soon - I'm guessing the black stuff is still around 4-5 Euro a pint ?

It used to be 8 cans for a fiver in Iceland about 10 years ago, I had to knock it on the head when I was coughing up 'black'  Shocked 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:42 pm

munkian wrote:
gcBlues wrote:

It used to be 8 cans for a fiver in Iceland about 10 years ago, I  had to knock it on the head when I was coughing up 'black'  Shocked 

Iceland?

Now there's a idea!   It'd be nice to have a selection of Jungle type Z type celebrities promote our Great League across the islands!

I've never been to an Iceland store...but the BBC documentary on them was high grade comedy.  So I assume they have done away with trademark identities on beer altogether and replaced it with the Simple To Read and Understand signs that the boss was all for.

Very Good Beer
Good Beer
Black Beer
HorseMeat Beer
Shyte Beer

Yeah, Iceland it is - class

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

munkian wrote:

I thought you knew something about the future of the Pro12 that I didn't!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 25 Feb 2014, 1:32 pm

paddy power

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 25 Feb 2014, 1:38 pm

Or P-P-P-Paddy Power!!!!!!!!!!!! - as Scrappy Doo might say.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 25 Feb 2014, 1:40 pm

Notch wrote:
munkian wrote:

I thought you knew something about the future of the Pro12 that I didn't!

I've been playing too much Rome Total War  Shocked 

More likely the Georgians than the Spanish I reckon  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by andyi Wed 26 Feb 2014, 11:30 am

Sin é wrote:I read somewhere a few weeks ago that there are 6 sponsors bidding for the Pro12. Probably has a lot to do with Sky now broadcasting it.

I'd say the chances of BT sponsoring it are slim and none with Sky now in the mix.

Do SKY have the power to veto any sponsor decision?

They are only one of of a host of PRO12 broadcasters and only paying £5.5m a year for the privilege (55% of the £10M a year total)

andyi

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Feb 2014, 11:33 am

andyi wrote:
Sin é wrote:I read somewhere a few weeks ago that there are 6 sponsors bidding for the Pro12. Probably has a lot to do with Sky now broadcasting it.

Do SKY have the power to veto any sponsor decision?

They are only one of of a host of PRO12 broadcasters and only paying £5.5m a year for the privilege (55% of the £10M a year total)

55% would be enough not to rub their noses in it by having their biggest competitor Sponsor the event.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Feb 2014, 11:57 am

Its only Leinster games that will end up on SKY anyway - Barnes is moist with anticipation
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Feb 2014, 12:30 pm

munkian wrote:Its only Leinster games that will end up on SKY anyway - Barnes is moist with anticipation

He'll be disappointed! Wink Has he ever seen Leinster cruise (B teams/cotton wool/tea breaks during each half) through Pro12 yet? It'll be an eye-opener for him. "Where's me Bleedin' Leinster that wot does be in HEC?????"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Feb 2014, 1:50 pm

True dat. I don't see Barnes being brave enough to come to Dave Parade.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 26 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

He'll be at Ravenhill plenty of times too - he likes us as well  Very Happy 

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Feb 2014, 2:27 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:He'll be at Ravenhill plenty of times too - he likes us as well  Very Happy 

He'll maybe like your Pro12 presence more than ours.  He'll think Leinster are overrated.  They only huff'n'puff when they absolutely have to.  Lazy f**kers mostly.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Wed 26 Feb 2014, 2:32 pm

SecretFly wrote:
geoff998rugby wrote:He'll be at Ravenhill plenty of times too - he likes us as well  Very Happy 

He'll maybe like your Pro12 presence more than ours.  He'll think Leinster are overrated.  They only huff'n'puff when they absolutely have to.  Lazy f**kers mostly.

He played club rugby for Newport RFC before going to Bath, never been welcome back since  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Wed 26 Feb 2014, 6:36 pm

Well a better name, logo and colour scheme will be an improvement on the current.
The Rabodirect Pro 12 name or logo just doesn't attract to me.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Feb 2014, 6:50 pm

It's very No Nonsense Dutch - yes.

You want a name, a logo ont a colour scheme? Must we? - Okay - Wait please - There.

30 seconds probably did it

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 26 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm

rugby is small beer for rabo. they were much more heavily invested in pro cyling...until they realised the Tour was rotten with doping and had to drop out in order to save some credibility. suspect rugby is also collateral damage of that general retreat from sports advertising. that and them being investigated for currency manipulation.

anyway, it never really made sense for me that a dutch sponsor was the best for a league with no dutch representation.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

It's One World out there, quins.  Isn't that the moderm logo?
Etihad sponsor GAA events.  Very few Arabs would be on the Kilkenny Hurling team Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:15 pm

quinsforever wrote:rugby is small beer for rabo. they were much more heavily invested in pro cyling...until they realised the Tour was rotten with doping and had to drop out in order to save some credibility. suspect rugby is also collateral damage of that general retreat from sports advertising. that and them being investigated for currency manipulation.

anyway, it never really made sense for me that a dutch sponsor was the best for a league with no dutch representation.

You mean like no Dutch representation in the Heineken Cup!  Very Happy 

Rabo were (now more or less pulled out) of operating in the Republic of Ireland and that is why they were sponsoring the league (something our Welsh brethern might acknowledge when talking about who is propping up the Pro 12 financially).

RaboDirect are the main sponsors for the Melbourne Rebels by the way.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:35 pm

ah, makes sense if Rabo were based out of Ireland. couldnt see the connection elsewise. they have no banking presence in the UK. Rabo must have a CEO who like to go to big sports events.

Heineken i think has one or two consumers of their product in the 6N represented in HC...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 26 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:It's One World out there, quins.  Isn't that the moderm logo?
Etihad sponsor GAA events.  Very few Arabs would be on the Kilkenny Hurling team Wink
yes, arabic sponsors makes sense cause they have more money that sense. but separating a dutchman from his wallet makes getting a Scot to buy a round look like a walk in the park...Wink

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Feb 2014, 9:17 pm

quinsforever wrote:
yes, arabic sponsors makes sense cause they have more money that sense. but separating a dutchman from his wallet makes getting a Scot to buy a round look like a walk in the park...Wink

Fairly impressive then that ERC got Heineken to sponsor the old H cup (despite not being able to promote themselves in France).

Rabo are pulling out of Ireland, thats why they are not continuing the sponsorship which they won some European Marketing award last year.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 26 Feb 2014, 10:14 pm

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

Fairly impressive then that ERC got Heineken to sponsor the old H cup (despite not being able to promote themselves in France).

Rabo are pulling out of Ireland, thats why they are not continuing the sponsorship which they won some European Marketing award  last year.

yes, just imagine how much money ERC might have been able to get for it if they had found a sponsor who could advertise their produce in the nation with the biggest market, biggest population, and most money in the sport

but hey, why rock the boat...extend and pretend works for the Federal Reserve, so it must be good enough for ERC  Whistle 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 26 Feb 2014, 10:49 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

Rabo are pulling out of Ireland, thats why they are not continuing the sponsorship which they won some European Marketing award  last year.

yes, just imagine how much money ERC might have been able to get for it if they had found a sponsor who could advertise their produce in the nation with the biggest market, biggest population, and most money in the sport

but hey, why rock the boat...extend and pretend works for the Federal Reserve, so it must be good enough for ERC  Whistle 

All the more strange that the PRL & LNR were pursuing Guinness as a sponsor for the Rugby Champions Cup! Very Happy 

A REPORT IN French rugby newspaper Midi Olympique claims that delegates representing English and French clubs visited Dublin this week to speak with Guinness about sponsoring the proposed Rugby Champions Cup competition.
The article claims that the visiting party were in Ireland “to test the waters” with the stout brewing company, hoping to gauge Guinness’ levels of interest in sponsoring their new European venture. There is no indication whether the response was positive or negative.

We can take it now the response was negative  Smile 
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Wed 26 Feb 2014, 11:43 pm

Since EDF are a rugby sponsor maybe the Powergen Italia could be tempted?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu 27 Feb 2014, 12:04 am

Sin é wrote:
A REPORT IN French rugby newspaper Midi Olympique claims that delegates representing English and French clubs visited Dublin this week to speak with Guinness about sponsoring the proposed Rugby Champions Cup competition.
The article claims that the visiting party were in Ireland “to test the waters” with the stout brewing company, hoping to gauge Guinness’ levels of interest in sponsoring their new European venture. There is no indication whether the response was positive or negative.

We can take it now the response was negative  Smile 

Except that the PRL came out and said that was not true. So you have an article referencing an article without evidence and it's been denied.

Must be true.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:46 am

I go away for 5 minutes and you get all political on us....  Wink 

We need some alliteration , the Rabo Direct Pro 12 hardly ran off the tongue
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:32 am

HammerofThunor wrote:

Except that the PRL came out and said that was not true. So you have an article referencing an article without evidence and it's been denied.

Must be true.

Lots of people openly said things weren't true over the months.  "you didn't say that", "you said something different in private", "you don't have the deal you say you have" etc etc.  And everyone here have said over and over that truth and lies are a blur in the HEC debate.

But.................... if PRL said something isn't true - they must be telling the truth Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:35 am

Pro12 is good - I like it, it's snappy and gets to the point.  I never used the term "Rabo" or "Direct" actually whenever I talked about the League.

So Sponsor's names on the fringes but the competition to stay simply as Pro12.... like Top14 and Super 15.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 27 Feb 2014, 9:54 am

If it's alliteration you want, Munk, then why not have it as 'Pampers Pro 12'? It will suit the blues, considering how we've played this year...shoite!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:00 am

SecretFly wrote:Pro12 is good - I like it, it's snappy and gets to the point.  I never used the term "Rabo" or "Direct" actually whenever I talked about the League.

So Sponsor's names on the fringes but the competition to stay simply as Pro12.... like Top14 and Super 15.

Will it be 12 teams though ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:15 am

PRO? then!!! God, you are pedantic Munkian! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 27 Feb 2014, 10:17 am

Yeah, that might be intriguing actually... better for promos and things.

PRO? - International League of Mystery.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next