The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Nigel Owens show us a new way to reff games Ireland v Italy 8/3/14

Go down

Did Nigel Owens show us a new way to reff games Ireland v Italy 8/3/14 Empty Did Nigel Owens show us a new way to reff games Ireland v Italy 8/3/14

Post by Bodie Wales Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Did Nigel Owens show the world a new way to reff a rugby match yesterday? During the first half of the Ireland v Italy game Mr Owens instead of giving away constant penalties he shouted "the balls available play on", when the ball was available that is. Later in the second half of the game he kind of reverted back to just handing out penalties as normal.

Nigel’s use of plain old common sense in applying his vision of how the game should be played made for a brilliant, dare I say possible dazzling first half of rugby  Yahoo John Inverdale seemed to be very impressed with it all. Well done Nigel Owens I feel that you have crossed a barrier and you may of just changed the game as we know it for the better. thumbsupthumbsup

Edit: - In stark contrast to the above Scotland v France was a good game with an edge of the seat climactic ending. I wonder had some of the life not been sucked out of the game by the ref awarding penalties that could have been played on how much better would the game have been if indeed Nigel Owens version on how to apply the rules had been applied to it.

Good luck to both Wales and England today let us hope it is a game to remember for all the right reasons PLAY UP LADS!

Last edited by Bodie Wales on Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thouighyt of more to add)

Bodie Wales

Back to top Go down