The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIFA 14 - How is your career going?

+10
FIFA Diva
Trebs
killer-boosh
bretmeharty
Marky
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
sodhat
VDT
CFCNick
14 posters

Go down

FIFA 14 - How is your career going? Empty FIFA 14 - How is your career going?

Post by CFCNick Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:04 am

Just thought it'd be a good idea to get a thread going on fifa career modes.

I just got an Xbox One last week and finally now have fifa 14.

I started a manager mode with Northampton Town and have just reached the mid point of the season. After downloading the squad update they are probably the worst team in England. I signed Feruz and Loftus-Cheek on season long loans from Chelsea. Feruz is great. 17 and grows from 57 to 63 in 20+ games. I'm five points off the playoffs with a record of 9-9-9. It's not an emergency quite yet. Had a 4-3 extra time classic in the JPT with Crewe. Took Reading to a penalty shootout in the League Cup and then got Crewe again in the FA Cup 2nd round, took them to replay and lost 1-0 in extra time.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - How is your career going? Empty Re: FIFA 14 - How is your career going?

Post by VDT Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:17 am

In my 4th season as a Striker started at Accrington Stanley, sold to Bremen in the Jan of the First season for £4m having scored 19 goals. Played the rest of season at Breman.

2nd was loaned to Leeds in the Championship, won promotion and scored 30+ goals

3rd was loaded to QPR in Premier League, won the league and had a 70+ goal partnership with Hoilett! Also made the Euro 16 England squad, finished as leading goal scorer with 5 Goals and made the Semi's where we lost on Pens to France!

4th Season - Breman refused my transfer request but loaned me back to QPR
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

FIFA 14 - How is your career going? Empty Re: FIFA 14 - How is your career going?

Post by CFCNick Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:53 am

Also doing a season as striker. On loan at Hartlepool from Leicester. Scored 14 goals in 23 games.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:29 am

How odd, I literally started playing a career mode again yesterday. Not a Fifa 14 career, but a Be A Pro career on Fifa 13.

I'm a deep lying midfielder in my third season. I was loaned out to Accrington for my first, then Pompey for my second and now I'm back at West Ham. I do wish they'd play me farther forwards because I spend a lot of time in my own half. I don't want to be a dick to the club I support but I may hand in a request next season...we do play horrid football.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:51 pm

I'm doing a real Madrid manager season, currently in the second season. Won the league in the first year, lost the European cup final to Bayern. I brought Lewandowski and Vidal in my first year, sold Modric. Then I signed Kyle Walker and Gundogan in the January.

In the summer I sold Lewandowski as he wanted to leave, signed Falcao, Benteke, Reus, Courtois and Marquinhos. Real get sh!t loads of cash haha
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Don't do manager/player season, as playing against the computer is just too easy and boring.

Ultimate team is the business! Team is slowly getting there, underline the world slowly!

GK De Gea
RB Richards
LB Evra
CB Terry
CB Collocini
RM Valenca 
LM Schurrle
CM Lampard
CM Fernandino
ST Benteke
ST Torres

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:11 pm

I'm on Player mode, 84 rated in the 2016/17 season. Crawley Town (won League One and JPT double) - Man City (Domestic treble) - Real Madrid (La Liga and Champions League double) - just moved to Arsenal to play Premier League again. Led England to Euro 2016 success including scoring the winner against France in the final.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:14 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Don't do manager/player season, as playing against the computer is just too easy and boring.

Try moving up to Semi Pro Wink

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:54 pm

Next gen is way harder than 360. It really does punish you if you play sluggish.

Got a lower league free agent gem of a signing Marko Futacs. What a legend. 23, rated 67, 6 foot 5 and quick. Only wants £4k a week. Free agent because whoever Leicester loaned him to aren't on the game.

Restarted with Coventry to make it more interesting because League 2 is gash.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

Marky wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Don't do manager/player season, as playing against the computer is just too easy and boring.

Try moving up to Semi Pro Wink

Laugh "Laugh"

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:01 pm

On Player mode, are you just playing with one player, or playing with the whole team?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:57 pm

One player, but switches to whole team if I request to be subbed off. Sims games you don't play to make it out of your control. The subs are the craziest. Playing central midfield for England at Euro 2016, requested to be subbed to save energy and got replaced by... John Ruddy Laugh

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Ill continue with Ultimate Team. Sounds a waste of time. 

Anyone got a PS4 btw? With FIFA 14 of course.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by killer-boosh Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:25 am

Nickis

You can play as the whole team on the be a player season, you just select play as team rather than player option, you don't make subs but it is still worth a go

killer-boosh

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:51 am

I play PS4, Ultimate Team and career.

In the career, I've got two, the first is manager of Crystal Palace. Blew a lot of money on Januzaj and I've been struggling all season (I'm stuck somewhere between Professional and World Class - one being too easy, the other too much), I'm getting near the end of the season and I'm needing probably ten points from the last six games to avoid relegation. I'm also a Pro at Man Utd, in my first season. Been sent on loan to Shrewsbury playing at CM, while we've kept a lot of clean sheets, the goals haven't been coming and we're not looking good. 0 assists and 0 goals (Mainly because Tom Eaves, the striker is awful). Hopefully get a loan to the Championship in season 2, my rating has gone up to 69.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:Ill continue with Ultimate Team. Sounds a waste of time. 

Anyone got a PS4 btw? With FIFA 14 of course.

I do but if I'm honest it'd be a waste of my time if I played you. 

I've got a season as Welbeck playing for Utd, scored 27 goals and 9 assists in 36 games. Still only rated 81.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 am

Played this for the first time in ages last night, started a career as a striker at Liverpool, played the first two preseason games and them got loaned to Daggenham and Redbridge, they play awful football and don't really create decent chances.

Could be a long first season.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:20 am

The crap AI on be a pro is the reason i never go a striker. You spend ages just waiting for the ball as they pass it around and then promptly lose it yet all the while you're punished for positioning.

If anything, go a midfielder. You see more of the ball and can just run beyond the striker and get goals that way.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Thought i'd give player mode a go. It's decent tbf!

Brighton loaned me out to Yeovil. 3rd game into the season, beat Charlton 2-0 i scored and set one up. Now been dropped from the squad? Gary Johnson is an idiot!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 pm

What position are you playing? More to do with stamina than anything else during the early part mate, I find if I'm playing as a CAM that if I request a substitution around the 60 minute mark I can normally play the next game.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:13 pm

hampo171 wrote:What position are you playing? More to do with stamina than anything else during the early part mate, I find if I'm playing as a CAM that if I request a substitution around the 60 minute mark I can normally play the next game.

My pro is a CAM, I tend to request a sub late on or don't actually put that much effort in on some matches! Or look at the fixtures and see if it bothers me missing that game. Playing for Arsenal I tended to happily be tired from playing Liverpool then be rested for the midweek League Cup tie!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:21 am

Im Nick Davie, i don't get shattered! I want to play football non stop!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:22 am

Except clearly your stamina was low (or you're not very good) and you were rested.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:31 am

I started a new one as a CAM yesterday, played 16 games so far, scored 10 and got 8 assists partially due to the poor strikers Rotherham have, I've created 29 chances so far!

Got my rating up from 66 to 75 as well Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:33 am

Bloody Stamia, i made the Euro 16 England squad, Played all the group games and the quarter final then was rested for the Semi's and lost on Pens to France!

Finished as leading goal scorer with 5 Goals tho!
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:54 pm

Marky wrote:Except clearly your stamina was low (or you're not very good) and you were rested.

Im banging them in for fun, im setting people up. Im in superb form. 

I DESERVE BETTER!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:05 am

I started a manager career and then got sacked because of my behaviour. I didn't realise the Kinnect picks up swear words otherwise I'd turn it off haha

Haven't got a be pro career as I got loaned out to Portsmouth and every home game all I could hear was that stupid cowbell in the crowd so I deleted it

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:44 am

gazzyD wrote:I started a manager career and then got sacked because of my behaviour. I didn't realise the Kinnect picks up swear words otherwise I'd turn it off haha

Haha, if that's the case then i glad i don't have a kinect 'F**cking B*llsh*t' is my favourite phrase.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:44 am

Ultimate team is the business! Team is slowly getting there, underline the world slowly!

GK De Gea
RB Richards
LB Evra
CB Terry
CB Collocini
RM Valenca 
LM Schurrle
CM Lampard
CM Fernandino
ST Benteke
ST Torres

Got

GK Lloris
RB. Fanni
CB Silva
CB Kaboul
LB Clichy
DM SIF Matuidi
RM Lucas
LM IF Greizman
AM SIF Cabella
ST Benzema
ST Cavani

All without spending a penny  Very Happy 

cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:06 am

And that is because Cherries is hacker...

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down