The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Homepage IV

+9
Sgt_Pooly
ChequeredJersey
Fluxy
dammit_chris
Steven_Sharks
prop_lyd
Ozzy3213
LukeLovesLuka
SirJohnnyEnglish
13 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 Empty Season 6 Homepage IV

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 18 Mar 2014, 10:44 am

First topic message reminder :

Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Tigers end the regular season top of the table while Worcester will be battling it out in the Championship next year.

Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 4Leicester Tigers2216065655105558433673
2Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 6London Wasps #2217055605055556432572
3Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 12Sale Sharks # 2213365685284059454666
4Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 2Gloucester2213185655224356484865
5Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 7Harlequins #2212285785473160516864
6Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 9Northampton Saints #221219545546-151512859
7Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 8Newcastle Falcons229310529533-4484701052
8Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 11Saracens228113474504-30364511247
9Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 48Exeter Chiefs226214497532-35374901341
10Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 5London Irish #226115526543-17495311540
11Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 1Bath Rugby #227114523584-61496121139
12Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 57Worcester Warriors #224315493565-72365101534

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks. 

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon 12 May 2014, 11:54 am; edited 8 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Homepage IV - Page 20 Empty Re: Season 6 Homepage IV

Post by Guest Sat 10 May 2014, 11:41 pm

Signed this chap as a 16 year old. Going to be a great player. Looks great at 10 for bulls and why they did not mind losing the excellent Morne steyn with him coming through. Manages games so well for a youth and a bit of a unit

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9305954,00.html

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sat 10 May 2014, 11:53 pm

It's good when you are able to spot a good youngster and they come through - I was surprised that no one went for Jordan Williams last year, sure he should be playing instead of Cuthburt - think he is a great talent.

I went for a couple of Welsh youngsters Rhordi Williams the young no9 and Tyler Morgan who I think are both starting to play a bit now for their clubs. There's a lot of talent still out there, but much doesnt seem to come through from France?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 11 May 2014, 12:04 am

Michael Patterson is in line for a call up to the squad?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 12:16 am

Patterson will be a battle In the foreigns. I tried buying him previous but switched to someone else. He is very good and will add depth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 12:18 am

Yes Chris it's good spotting them when they come through.
Pollard goosen Perenara Arno Botha savea have been my success stories.

Botha looked great as a Bok international until injury. The real deal and another 6 I have in my team.

Need to sell 6s have Botha,ferris, burger, croft, Alberts to name a few !!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 12:26 am

Hardest youth to sign are props as they do not mature until about 23/24. With smaller squads can't carry players hence me letting flux have Tufungisi in the beast deal. Think he will be immense but don't have space.

Just realised after going through the releases that I bought taofofina the Perpignan prop from Luke months ago and have not added him to squad so have to release another player to accommodate him. Saw he had signed for another club after there relegation and thought I am sure i bought him. Hard to keep up

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 4:24 am

Interested in a good 6, Matt
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 11 May 2014, 4:26 am

Hooper is my pride and glory. Signed for 6 mil. Best 7 in the world at minute.

love a good academy signing

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 4:28 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:Hooper is my pride and glory. Signed for 6 mil. Best 7 in the world at minute.

love a good academy signing

Well, not best 7 in the world but certainly a bargain at 6 mill!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sun 11 May 2014, 9:11 am

he is at the moment. Who is playing better?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:04 am

Depending on what you want from your 7, but: Robshaw, Burger. Luow was. Braid was. At international level he has the advantage of pace and good loose carrying but is easily pushed off the breakdown even when he has arrived first and though he hits many rucks and makes many tackles he misses many tackles and Scott Allen worked out he was ineffective in many of the rucks he hit.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:15 am

Hooper is world class for me. Robshaw is decent but still think England need a proper 7 to win the World Cup. Robshaw and wood lack the hard yards as a pairing. They are willing carriers but not the best at it. Great combo for us defensively but not sure they offer enough in attack

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:18 am

I respectfully disagree on both points Smile
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 11 May 2014, 10:21 am

I'm with CJ.

Hooper is extremely flashy but not my cup of tea, he's not physical enough imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:22 am

If someone offered us (England or Quins) Hooper for Robshaw I'd never ever accept that deal. I've also never seen Woodshaw bested by another backrow when both have been at flanker and they've had. Number 8 behind them. Hooper for me can do some things exceptionally well, but is not World Class, nor is he as good at "fetching" as many think, in my opinion.
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 11 May 2014, 10:23 am

He's very fast though, I'll give him that.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 11 May 2014, 10:26 am

Matt sold you taof back in jan?! He's the second row not a prop. Can't believe you didn't add him! Can I have him back then? He's signed for Toulon...

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:26 am

It's quite the debate in the rugby paper about the wood robshaw combo.

Literally 50/50 opinion from ex players over whether it's the right way forward.

Undoubted that there performances have been great but it's whether you would win a World Cup with them as your backrow combo against teams with out and out 7s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:27 am

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Matt sold you taof back in jan?! He's the second row not a prop. Can't believe you didn't add him! Can I have him back then? He's signed for Toulon...

Even better I thought I had signed his brother the prop. Happy days the second row is tasty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:28 am

He will be added to my squad today and will not play him until next season .

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Sun 11 May 2014, 10:31 am

raspberry

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:31 am

anonmattyt wrote:It's quite the debate in the rugby paper about the wood robshaw combo.

Literally 50/50 opinion from ex players over whether it's the right way forward.

Undoubted that there performances have been great but it's whether you would win a World Cup with them as your backrow combo against teams with out and out 7s

Well, the only possible way to find that out is through watching and seeing! The "natural 7" is IMO a bit of a myth. The candidates out there for best 7 in the world are all completely different players (and Hooper is NOT a groundhog, despite his speed, he is an excellent linkman and loose ball chaser though) and Robshaw, from experience in watching almost every match he has played, is actually still hugely underrated at the breakdown. As is Wood. But England don't play that way, though we could. Anyone remember Robshaw performance on the floor vs South Africa in 2012?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:35 am

What teams with out and out 7s have actually beaten us in the ruck battle when we've played a balanced backrow? Aus did once, then got thrashed there the next year. New Zealand haven't. South Afrifa haven't , and once got dominated (though they didn't have a true 7). Wales lost when playing our real pack. Ireland you could argue but it didn't win them the game...
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:37 am

Personally CJ I like a linking 7 in the josh Kronfeld mode to keep continuity of play but that only works if you want to play a wide open game.

It's horses for courses. Teams have own world cups without a 7 before. Robshaw is our captain and best 7 by a distance currently.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:39 am

Robshaw can play the linking 7 too! It's why he's so good, he does whatever the team needs him to be!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 10:40 am

At home we are a different proposition to be fair. Be interesting to see how it goes against nz away from 2 nd test onwards. 1st test could be ugly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 11 May 2014, 10:41 am

If saints and Quins make the final, we are missing so many key players
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 10:42 am

We are going to get mashed in the 1st test. I'll be amazed if we keep them to under 40 points.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 12:32 pm

Anyone up for some dealing?  My up to date squad is on my 2014/15 page.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 1:00 pm

Anyone see how Corbisiero got on yesterday?  I see he got about half an hour off the bench against Wasps.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 11 May 2014, 1:14 pm

Pete he looked in good shape - can't really say how he got on, as if Saints subbed my 5 month old niece onto the pitch she would probably have got a try against us!

A good game between LEeds and Welsh on now - both teams really looking to attack. If Leeds get into the final I can see them possibly pipping Bristol.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 11 May 2014, 1:17 pm

Id argue steffon is the form 7 in the world. And i bet a lot of pundits would agree. He may often play 8 but still makes lots of turnovers and makes the carries you need an 8 to. Has to play for england soon. Be criminal to leave him out.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 1:20 pm

Bristol may not even make the final Chris.  They have to go to Rotherham in the second leg and only have a 3 point lead.  Will be a tough game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 11 May 2014, 1:42 pm

I think they get 3-4 players in for the second leg Pete, like Ryan Jones. I think they will beat Rotheram away.

Leeds are playing a really expansive game, is good to watch - their offloading is very good.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 11 May 2014, 1:59 pm

Saints players available

PR Sona Taumalolo (Tonga) (1)
PR Carl Hayman (NZ) (3)
PR Ben Afeaki (NZ) (3)
LK Dean Mumm (Australia)
LK Hugh Pyle (Australia)
OS/BS/N8 Julien Bonnaire (France)
OS/BS/N8 Ed Quirk (Australia)
BS/OS Rhys Ruddock (Ireland)
N8 CJ Stander (South Africa)
SH Mike Phillips (Wales)
SH Joe Simpson (England - Saxons)
FH Rhys Priestland (Wales)
FH Ian Madigan (Ireland)
CE Noa Nakaitaci (France)
CE/WG Tomassi Benvenutti (Italy)
FL Sam Cane (New Zealand) - 13/01/1992
FL Sam Jones (England)
SH Alex Day (England) - 11/04/1993
FH Will Hooley (England) -
FH Sam Olver (England)
FL Steve Uren (England) - 11/04/1994

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 11 May 2014, 2:52 pm

I think we could see Leeds or Welsh in the AP next season.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 11 May 2014, 2:56 pm

Hope so!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 2:59 pm

Of the four teams in the Championship play offs I would like to see Leeds come up.  They have a cracking academy and seem to be working hard as a club to establish themselves.  Rotherham would get smashed every week if they came up, Welsh I have no love for, and Bristol I'm not keen on as they seem to just want to buy instant success.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 11 May 2014, 3:10 pm

I'd like Leeds to come up , play some good rugby.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 11 May 2014, 3:12 pm

Munster have announced the signing of Crusaders back Tyler Bleyendaal on a three-year contract.
The 23-year-old, who can play at fly-half or inside centre, will join the Irish province in November once Canterbury's ITM Cup campaign has concluded
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 3:13 pm

Bristol are one of the great historical clubs of Europe. Bristol also has most number of clubs per head of population. It is a proper rugby town. For me a premiership is not complete with them.

They have investment now like any side so why not spend it no different to falcons or quins who went down and spent. They have history unlike Leeds and will have full stadiums so will benefit the league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 3:14 pm

Nice 7 point lead they take into the second leg.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 3:19 pm

What Bristol have done/are doing does not feel the same to me as Quins, Falcons or even Saints when they went down.  Quins and Saints certainly seemed to rebuild and put structures in place to ensure that they could come up and then sustain success.  What Bristol are doing doesn't feel like that to me.  I could be wrong, and I have nothing for or against Bristol, I just feel that for how they've gone about their business and how they've played this year, Leeds would be the more deserving champions.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 3:28 pm

Thing is Bristol were poorly managed and had people stealing money out of the club and were bankrupt.,they then turned down Bruce Craig who bought bath instead.

Bristol are owned by local business men and are a good news story for rugby. They do more work with local clubs and combinations than any other. As a glos fan I am always blown away by how strongly Bristol is connected to the local clubs. A lesson to other clubs

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 11 May 2014, 3:38 pm

We'll need a new home page soon.

Liverpool have fell to pieces last few games. TOON ARMY!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 11 May 2014, 3:43 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:What Bristol have done/are doing does not feel the same to me as Quins, Falcons or even Saints when they went down.  Quins and Saints certainly seemed to rebuild and put structures in place to ensure that they could come up and then sustain success.  What Bristol are doing doesn't feel like that to me.  I could be wrong, and I have nothing for or against Bristol, I just feel that for how they've gone about their business and how they've played this year, Leeds would be the more deserving champions.

Totally agree Pete, I love what Leeds are doing. Bristol buying success is not the way, I really hope they don't come up although I can't see it.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 3:48 pm

How is it different to falcons who are the original manufactured club? John hall bought the first ever pro title with mercenaries

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 11 May 2014, 3:49 pm

Falcons did what Blackburn did in football. Lots of the Bristol players are local lads also so how is it manufactured

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 11 May 2014, 5:41 pm

anonmattyt wrote:How is it different to falcons who are the original manufactured club? John hall bought the first ever pro title with mercenaries

I thought Bristol had a history etc etc so why do they need to buy their way up?

I didn't really like what we did then but we're a totally different club now with a great academy and local lads. Bristol are just throwing the cash around, complete joke.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 11 May 2014, 5:48 pm

I'm guessing predos are closed? Should I do the scores in the absence of SJE?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next