The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ditch Scotland and Italy?

+27
Breadvan
Nematode
geoff998rugby
Irish Londoner
whocares
Geordie
SecretFly
GunsGerms
Scrumpy
alive555
HammerofThunor
Jimpy
san
funnyExiledScot
mystiroakey
Notch
No 7&1/2
glamorganalun
Exiledinborders
Scratch
rainbow-warrior
Shifty
GLove39
The Saint
Majestic83
jimmyinthewell68
englandglory4ever
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Ditch Scotland and Italy? - Page 3 Empty Ditch Scotland and Italy?

Post by englandglory4ever Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chris Foy in the papers today is advocating that Scotland and Italy should be excluded from the 6Ns on the grounds that they are second tier and have been for the last10 years. I have to say that I have a lot of sympathy with this idea.  It's not good for a test side to get humped by 50 points every year. He suggests they should become part of a kind of div 2 with USA, Canada, Georgia and possibly Romania. Obviously bringing in promotion and relegation would add spice.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Ditch Scotland and Italy? - Page 3 Empty Re: Ditch Scotland and Italy?

Post by Notch Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:58 pm

Eh? What other thread?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:02 pm

I wouldn't want to say Notch, its a bit like a player waving a yellow card at the Ref. Wink 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Then how do you expect me to have any idea of what you are talking about?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:07 pm

picard 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Ditch Scotland and Italy?

Never.

You know what it is, the kids are getting ready to flit the nest, we are starting to put some money away and now you are telling me that me 'n the Missus are being denied a trip to Rome or a good old lash up in Edinburgh.

Give it a rest.

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:29 pm

Tbh I wouldn't ditch them they do have something to offer the 6 NATIONS, but I would make it known that unless they pull their socks up then the format of the 6 nations will have to change to give up and coming teams a chance to take their place if they are no longer commited to the game.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:37 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:
alive555 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:It isnt looking after your own clubs it being greedy to the detriment to everyone esle. Thats how I see it anyway.

spot on . right on the money.
You two haven't got a clue. Sorry but you have clearly not been following the story. In short, both the the French and English clubs felt they were getting a very uneven one-sided deal. So they asked for change. The other nations clearly didnt want change and refused to compromise. That led to the English clubs walking. Get your facts right before going off on one about us very good natured and reasonable english.

If I was looking for clues to be fair you would be the last poster I'd turn to. Haha.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:56 pm

France didn't win their first title (shared until 1959) and their first GS in 1968 even though they were in all the tournaments bar 8 from 1910 onwards.

Imagine a tournament without them now?

Expecting Italy to simply turn up with the goods all ready is a little rash.

But it would make the current tournament stronger and the players would be involved in more high tempo games. Those involved would get better. Its food for thought.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:55 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:
alive555 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:It isnt looking after your own clubs it being greedy to the detriment to everyone esle. Thats how I see it anyway.

spot on . right on the money.
You two haven't got a clue. Sorry but you have clearly not been following the story. In short, both the the French and English clubs felt they were getting a very uneven one-sided deal. So they asked for change. The other nations clearly didnt want change and refused to compromise. That led to the English clubs walking. Get your facts right before going off on one about us very good natured and reasonable english.

If I was looking for clues to be fair you would be the last poster I'd turn to. Haha.
You obviously couldn't see a clue if it jumped up and bit your nose off. If anything its the greedy Celts that have caused the problem and, as usual, it takes the English to sort it out.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 pm

If you were a clue then you might present yourself that way however, clues don't present themselves that way thankfully so my nose will be fine.

Mate, in the Heineken cup negotiations the PRL (the English) are the problem not the solution. It has been that way since day 1.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:11 pm

GunsGerms wrote:If you were a clue then you might present yourself that way however, clues don't present themselves that way thankfully so my nose will be fine.

Mate, in the Heineken cup negotiations the PRL (the English) are the problem not the solution. It has been that way since day 1.

What utter a$$ gravy of the worst kind.

Can you actually explain to me why ERC under-selling TV and commercial rights to the best club rugby competition in the world is a good thing?

Can you tell me why the Welsh regions are so strapped for cash with the current organisation of the tournament?

Further, why should the Celtic Unions receive 52% of the revenue via the Pro 12 and the English clubs a mere 24%?

It's views like yours which prevents a more equitable system. As an English rugby fan I'd love to see the HCup continue, but these imbalances are unjustified and need addressing.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:13 pm

a$$ gravy  Shocked 

i hope there's no lumps in it.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:15 pm

Scratch wrote:a$$ gravy  Shocked 

i hope there's no lumps in it.

No quarters that I could discern.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Chjw131 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:If you were a clue then you might present yourself that way however, clues don't present themselves that way thankfully so my nose will be fine.

Can you actually explain to me why ERC under-selling TV and commercial rights to the best club rugby competition in the world is a good thing?

Can you tell me why the Welsh regions are so strapped for cash with the current organisation of the tournament?

Further, why should the Celtic Unions receive 52% of the revenue via the Pro 12 and the English clubs a mere 24%?

It's views like yours which prevents a more equitable system. As an English rugby fan I'd love to see the HCup continue, but these imbalances are unjustified and need addressing.
If you divide that 52% by 4 though, thats 13% each for Scotland,Italy,Ireland and Wales. Pro 12 is a league with FOUR unions in it. Why do you keep forgetting that.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm

oh gawd.no please no.

This is the perfect example of when off topic needs to be dealt with- stick this 'gravy' talk for the thread i gave up on months ago

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:

If you divide that 52% by 4 though, thats 13% each for Scotland,Italy,Ireland and Wales. Pro 12 is a league with FOUR unions in it. Why do you keep forgetting that.

Do you know what I don't keep forgetting that.

The point is this the Pro12 teams benefit to the tune of an extra 1/4 in revenue. It reportedly equates to an extra €30 Million over the past five years. Can you explain the fairness in that?

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm

mystiroakey wrote:oh gawd.no please no.

This is the perfect example of when off topic needs to be dealt with- stick this 'gravy' talk for the thread i gave up on months ago

It has relevance but I'm still searching for where.

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Zed's dead baby threads dead, threads dead. ass gravy is a funny term though. At least I have added something to my online vocabulary.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm

Chjw131 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:

The point is this the Pro12 teams benefit to the tune of an extra 1/4 in revenue. It reportedly equates to an extra €30 Million over the past five years. Can you explain the fairness in that?
If your figures are correct Ireland got 13% of the revenue compared to England's 24%. I don;t see where its unfair?

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:26 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:

If your figures are correct Ireland got 13% of the revenue compared to England's 24%. I don;t see where its unfair?
correct England are getting paid DOUBLE what they should.

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Chjw131 Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:26 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:
Chjw131 wrote:

You're being wilfully obtuse. Congratulations. Moving on...

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 am

Ditch Scotland and Italy? - Page 3 1347041234 

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:14 pm

Ditch Scotland and Italy? - Page 3 1347041234 

oh - hang on - is this a repeat?
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3