The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card)

+24
bhb001
SugarRayBray
Makaveli
Izzi
titaniumjaw
jimdig
hogey
kingraf
Rowley
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Boxtthis
hampo17
catchweight
compelling and rich
ONETWOFOREVER
Adam D
owen10ozzy
Bebop
hazharrison
tommyhearnsprodigalson
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
28 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card) Empty Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card)

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:50 pm

Discuss!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card) Empty Re: Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card)

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:52 pm

Announced??

Dangerous oppo for Khan (poor/unproven at 147), exciting undercard. Just hope it isn't to set him up as Floyd's next victim n nothing else.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card) Empty Re: Khan vs Collazo (chief support on Mayweather Card)

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:56 pm

Khan by decision..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 3:57 pm

Certainly what should happen.

Waiting to see what improvements Hill has produced in him.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:06 pm

Hope he hasn't got that German guy who he got to work on Angulo's speed working on Khan or he'll hardly be able to move.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:08 pm

Just saw this confirmed on Sky sports,

I'm going for a Collazo KO in the 7th round, what khan should do and what he's more likely to do are 2 completely different things! Which is a shame as i do admire Khan and his willingness to face good fighters

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:11 pm

Collazo might just put his lights out. He's a solid pro -- like Diaz.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:13 pm

Like all Khan fights..He wins unless he's stupid..

Superb weapons...jab and speed..

Up to him..Concentrates he wins..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

Mentioned on another thread, think this is a good fight for Khan. Not easy by any stretch, but winnable against a good name. On Floyd undercard with view to be seen as credible next opponent for Floyd. Just needs to win

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:20 pm

Massively dependent on how Khan adjusts to 147; Collazo is physically one of the stronger guys and had no problems dealing with Ortiz (though the mental fragility of him can be questioned).

If Khan is to win he does it with speed and movement as usual, he will have to stay away from the inside, unless things have drastically improved in this area in the past year.

Personally I think it's a much riskier fight than say Robert Guerrero, because Collazo is a natural welterweight and not only that but has fought very recently whereas RG would have at least had the ring rust which Khan is going to have come fight night.

Kudos to Khan for taking the fight, Collazo may well be a B level operator at Welterweight but has just flattened Ortiz in 2, been operating at 147 for most of his career & has a decent enough dig to keep most honest.

I expect this to go similar to Khan v Peterson (fight itself rather than result) with Amir having to come through a couple of tough patches late on but taking a 3/4 round clear UD.

It would seem to be a set-up for Khan v Mayweather in September....given Bradley, Pacman are likely to be busy with Marquez/Alvardo yet would a win over Collazo really make him any more worthy an opponent than he is right now?

Imagine Collazo pulls of the minor upset...we'll be listening to how he just beat one of the best fighters on the planet & gave Hatton his toughest night outside of his two losses as Money May sells him as his next opponent  Doh

Last edited by owen10ozzy on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:21 pm

Hope he wins...Underachieved so far..

A lot of talent wasted on a thick skull..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:32 pm

Amir Khan to fight Luis Collazo on Floyd Mayweather undercard
Former world champion Amir Khan will fight American Luis Collazo on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's bout with Marcos Maidana on 3 May.

Mayweather, considered the world's best pound-for-pound boxer, fights 30-year-old Argentine Maidana at the MGM Arena.

Bolton-born Khan thought he was in line to fight the WBC welterweight champion, only for Mayweather to choose Maidana.

"I will be fighting Luis Collazo on 3 May in Las Vegas," the 27-year-old announced on Twitter.

After winning a fans' poll to decide Mayweather's next opponent, Khan signed a deal in December that he hoped would lead to a showdown with the 10-time world champion, who holds world titles at welterweight and light-middleweight.

However, Mayweather, 37, opted to take on WBA welterweight champion Maidana, who Khan beat unanimously on points in 2010.

Mayweather then told Khan he would agree to a fight if the Briton defeated 24-year-old American Adrien Broner on the undercard of his Maidana bout - but Khan said Broner rejected the match-up.

Speaking earlier in March, Khan told BBC Radio 5 live he was ready to fight, despite the complications encountered in arranging the bout.

"I'm still young, hungry and whoever it is on 3 May - which I think will be fight day for me - will be in lot of trouble because I've been out of the ring for such a long time," he said.

Khan's last fight was a unanimous points victory over Mexican Julio Diaz in April 2013.

from BBC - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/26723431

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:Massively dependent on how Khan adjusts to 147; Collazo is physically one of the stronger guys and had no problems dealing with Ortiz (though the mental fragility of him can be questioned).

If Khan is to win he does it with speed and movement as usual, he will have to stay away from the inside, unless things have drastically improved in this area in the past year.

Personally I think it's a much riskier fight than say Robert Guerrero, because Collazo is a natural welterweight and not only that but has fought very recently whereas RG would have at least had the ring rust which Khan is going to have come fight night.

Kudos to Khan for taking the fight, Collazo may well be a B level operator at Welterweight but has just flattened Ortiz in 2, been operating at 147 for most of his career & has a decent enough dig to keep most honest.

I expect this to go similar to Khan v Peterson (fight itself rather than result) with Amir having to come through a couple of tough patches late on but taking a 3/4 round clear UD.

It would seem to be a set-up for Khan v Mayweather in September....given Bradley, Pacman are likely to be busy with Marquez/Alvardo yet would a win over Collazo really make him any more worthy an opponent than he is right now?

Imagine Collazo pulls of the minor upset...we'll be listening to how he just beat one of the best fighters on the planet & gave Hatton his toughest night outside of his two losses as Money May sells him as his next opponent  Doh

Agree, props to Khan, definitely a tougher fight than RG - Floyd probably wouldn't have allowed that on his undercard anyway.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

I predicted this fight weeks ago.

Khan should win. Younger, quicker, but Collazo has a boxing brain that Khan don't posses.

lets see what happens Khan team see this as an easy fight and they should.

Chief support????

don't make me laugh. Khan desperate for elite recognition.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:39 pm

Is this the same collazo who hatton fought 8 years ago? Not followed him much since but whenever he's stepped up he's usually been beaten. Seen that he beat ortiz last fight but haven't seen the fight. Got a feeling ortiz heads gone now and thats 3 in a row for him now so not sure what I can take from that victory

Last edited by compelling and rich on Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:39 pm

How isn't this chief support?

You think there'll be a bigger fight on the undercard??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

Its a pretty standard welterweight division fight between two boxers trying to get into contention if you ask me.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:How isn't this chief support?

Collazo sharing chief support on a Mayweather card?

please as I said don't make me laugh. Went out for a run today and I have a stitch.

Khan pushed for this ''chief support'' moniker because he believes he IS an elite fighter. No Floyd, Ward, Pac and Wladimir are elite fighters.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

He flattened Ortiz C&R and the punch he flattened him with was a cracking shot. Khan has the speed, but not the engine to keep this one at range. He doesn't have the power to stop Callazo from walking right up to him and that will be his downfall.

Callazo stoppage anytime after round 5.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:44 pm

Pretty big names though. Household name who's just wiped out former Floyd 'young hungry lion' versus a flash exciting world level name with a number of big name victims (albeit dated ones now).

Think that's a little more than divisional, personally, though I await news of what other fights are being put on.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:45 pm

catchweight wrote:Its a pretty standard welterweight division fight between two boxers trying to get into contention if you ask me.

clap  clap  clap 

Tell it how it is.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:45 pm

hampo171 wrote:He flattened Ortiz C&R and the punch he flattened him with was a cracking shot. Khan has the speed, but not the engine to keep this one at range. He doesn't have the power to stop Callazo from walking right up to him and that will be his downfall.

Peach of a punch, but Ortiz was definitely happy for the way out.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:46 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

please as I said don't make me laugh. Went out for a run today and I have a stitch.

Khan pushed for this ''chief support'' moniker because he believes he IS an elite fighter. No Floyd, Ward, Pac and Wladimir are elite fighters.

Since when do fighters that see themselves as elite push for a support fight? If he came out and said co-headlining maybe I would agree, but as support fights go this is pretty good!

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:48 pm

Exactly.

As often, no idea what you're on about 1-2?? Can you explain what you're saying? Because at the moment you're not making sense.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm

Bebop wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Since when do fighters that see themselves as elite push for a support fight?  If he came out and said co-headlining maybe I would agree, but as support fights go this is pretty good!

When fighters think they are elite and throw their toys out their pram.

Khan would not have taken the fight without the  chief support tag.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:53 pm

hampo171 wrote:He flattened Ortiz C&R and the punch he flattened him with was a cracking shot. Khan has the speed, but not the engine to keep this one at range. He doesn't have the power to stop Callazo from walking right up to him and that will be his downfall.

cheers hampo, not sure ortiz is steel chinned himself but when khan faces anybody with any type of power its usually going to be a good fight. The above could easily say the same about the maidana fight and he managed it........... just

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:55 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Bebop wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Since when do fighters that see themselves as elite push for a support fight?  If he came out and said co-headlining maybe I would agree, but as support fights go this is pretty good!

When fighters think they are elite and throw their toys out their pram.

Khan would not have taken the fight without the  chief support tag.

Involved in the negotiations were you..??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:56 pm

Risky fight for Khan I think. Kudos to him for taking it. I see this one going somewhere between the way that Khan vs Maidana and Khan vs Peterson went. Khan struggles so badly when being pressure and Collazo is crafty enough to hurt him when Khan does his cr@p excuse of a clinch. Equally, if Khan manages to keep it at distance, he dominates.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 4:57 pm

Like I said Khan should win but we've said that before.

Collazo will be pumped for this fight. Been on the end of some dodgy decisions Berto, Hatton and will look at this as his last chance saloon type fight.

A clever boxer on the inside so Khan has to keep him at a distance. Collazo is a good boxer but Khan has age and speed on his side. No doubt who ever wins will be in contention for Mayweather......JACKPOT!

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:05 pm

Well it's a good matchup, not overly great but a good one, and it is a risk for khan but i guess any welterweight is a risk for khan atm as he's unproven there and looked like garbage in his last fight

Think Guerrero is the better fighter, but Collazo is slightly stronger and a harder puncher so it may be more risky for khan. I remembered collazo's war with berto several years back , the man can take a shot and has a very good body attack even if he is a tad too easy to hit

Common sense would be to go for Khan UD, worse boxers than him have decisioned collazo, but if Collazo can pull him into the trenches and test Khan chin, which will happen at least at one point in the fight, then it gets interesting

Still dont think a win over collazo should put khan in contention but it's gonna happen anyway so why argue

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:09 pm

Why the massive kudos for Khan/Collazo taking this fight? Its pretty much what you would expect of both of them. Especially as a win for either probably sets them up for a fight with Mayweather later.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:14 pm

Khan v Brook was a better matchup...Seems Khan is intent on chasing the big one..

Wants to keep the insults to a minimum and put his brown nosing hat on..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:16 pm

Why is Khan vs Brook a better match up? Don't get me wrong I would like to see it.

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:17 pm

Think it's..

1. A bigger fight...PPV..

2. It's pickem..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:18 pm

Onetwo- guess you don't like Khan? I know there are question marks over his intelligence but do you honestly believe he would turn down an appearance on a massive US card which could lead to his biggest ever payday over the chief support/support title?

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:19 pm

Agree would rather have seen Khan-Brook.

Just don't think Khan will ever choose to fight him, too ingrained in his mind that it's a step-down.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:24 pm

Khan definitely chasing mayweather so don't think brook gets him closer as you said.

Can almost see brook getting a title in next 18 months and potentially see khan chasing him. Fight makes too much for it not to happen at some point in my opinion

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:26 pm

Depends what price Khan places on his arrogance.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:40 pm

Not sure Khan's credibility can take too many more defeats and PPV remaining viable with Brook.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:41 pm

I think it could take a mayweather defeat only. Any others and I would agree

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 24 Mar 2014, 5:47 pm

Bebop wrote:Onetwo- guess you don't like Khan? I know there are question marks over his intelligence but do you honestly believe he would turn down an appearance on a massive US card which could lead to his biggest ever payday over the chief support/support title?

Guess you have not read some of onetwo's opinions on 9/11 or the illuminati? Can assure you his position on this subject appears positively even handed and well thought out in comparison.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bebop Mon 24 Mar 2014, 6:10 pm

No, but I think I would like to!

Bebop

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 24 Mar 2014, 6:19 pm

ONETWO has questionable theories... 9/11 is not one of them. I'd run off on a long list of inconsistencies, but he does it way better than me.

He's about turn regarding Curtis Stevens was humorous...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 24 Mar 2014, 6:19 pm

Collazo is and always has been massively under rated i fancy him to stop Khan around the 7 to 8th rounds. He is a smart fighter and i dont think Khan has much of a boxing brain, i expect Khan to use his speed and start fast but Collazo will then come into the fight and start closing the distance and if he gets up close he will start outworking the very poor inside game of Khan.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Mar 2014, 7:43 pm

Would have preferred khan v broner, but collazo will do. I don't think hunter is a good fit for khan. I think Freddie was a much better fit, and camp with manny seemed to suit his style. I think it's likely that collazo makes him see stars.
I think it'll be guaranteed to be the most exciting fight on the card.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 24 Mar 2014, 8:46 pm

Khan looks massive at 147

a real beast

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by titaniumjaw Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:22 pm

Which tv station are ahowing the fight mayweathers last couple have been on box nation which I subscribe to and I have no prob paying but I get the feeling the khan huggers at sky will prob want to put it on ppv I will be gutted if sky get it and I have to pay another wedge of my hard earned cash

titaniumjaw

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Mar 2014, 9:47 pm

Was thinking something similar about sky. Khan has been off sky, but has been playing the "I'm a big ppv star" card. Is primetime still in the market? You could be right, box nation might not get it.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

C'mon Collazo!

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 24 Mar 2014, 10:27 pm

Broner v Molina is also to be added to the undercard. Broner back where khan was after his Garcia fight.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next