The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014

5 posters

Go down

Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014 Empty Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014

Post by VDT Wed 26 Mar 2014, 12:43 pm

On 3rd April, we having a Non League Special which will feature special guests - Lincoln City defender Luke Foster and Former Dover & Bath City Midfielder Russell Milton both of whom are England 'C' internationals.

Currently we planning a Skrill Premier season review in the 1st half of the show.

I'm looking for ideas for what we should discuss in the 2nd half of the show

Also if anyone would like to come on the show and talk non league football
- Non league football in your area
- Promote something your local team is doing
- have a fun story/experience

Please let us know we record the show Thursday evenings between 8 - 9.30

As always all feedback is welcome and let us know any questions you have for our guest(s)

Ta!  thumbsup

Last edited by VDT on Thu 27 Mar 2014, 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014 Empty Re: Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014

Post by CFCNick Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:17 pm

Non-league football is a cruel cruel mistress. Especially for Bedford. Like Portsmouth reaching the highest point in their history was inevitably their downfall. Just relegated to the Southern League Division One. Bottom of the Premier Division with 14 points from 37 games and 24 points from the 4th bottom side, Chippenham, who we beat in the 2006 playoff final to reach said highest point, a place in the 06/07 Conference South. All down hill since then.

The best experiences were between 2000-2006. Had 2500 bandwagoners turn up to the Peterborough FA Cup 1st round game in 2001. Playoff team pretty much every year I remember Aldershot winning in Bedford on the last day in either 02 or 03 to be Isthmian League Premier champions and get into the Conference. 2004 when twenty million teams were in the playoffs for the opening of the Conference North and South. We made the final in our bracket and lost at home to St Albans City 5-4 in extra time. Remember we had a penalty to go 4-3 up and a guy next to me reached out and put his flag stick in the area around St Albans goalkeepers bum crack. After 04 we got moved into the Southern League.

Good season was when Bedford manager was Kevin Wilson and our hated rivals Hitchin were coached by Kerry Dixon.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014 Empty Re: Non League Special - V2 Football Podcast - 3rd April 2014

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 26 Mar 2014, 1:22 pm

I remember going to Histon vs Altrincham and a Histon fan made the Altrincham keeper cry it was so funny
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 26 Mar 2014, 4:13 pm

I go to see my local side Lewes play. They have had a transitional season, after sacking the clown that was Simon Wormull. They hired former Eastbourne Boro manager Gary Wilson as manager bringing in former Worthing, Burgess Hill and Eastbourne Town manager Danny Bloor as assistant. Club are in 12th position and mid table is the clear finish this season. A shot at the play offs could well be on for them next season.

In the Ryman Premier, Wealdstone look dead on to win the league. They have a good budget and set up, all be it with some very nasty fans. Remember watching them play Lewes a few seasons ago, some of there fans, threw beer over the ref, attacked a steward, and told a little girl "go on fuc*ing cry" Quite a leary lot. There star man has been former Leyton Orient and Northampton striker Scott McGlish who has been banging them in all season. There is 4 spots avalable for the play offs with Maidstone and Dulwich Hamlet the 2 that look favourites. The other spots could include, Bognor Regis, Lowestoft, Kingstonian and AFC Hornchurch. At the bottom, Cray, Carshalton, East Thurrock, Enfield and Thamesmead all face danger of falling through the trap door.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 26 Mar 2014, 5:02 pm

I remember when I first heard of Lewes. It was the 2004 Conference South qualification playoffs. They were in the Isthmian/Ryman League Division One and won their bracket and leapfrogged the Premier Division and went straight into the Conference South. Jammy gits.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 27 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Our second guest on the Non League Special is Russell Milton

Russell Milton (born 12 January 1969) is an English former professional footballer, born in Folkestone, who played as a midfielder in the Hong Kong First Division League for Instant-Dict and scored 14 goals from 117 games in the Football League for Cheltenham Town.[1][2] He began his football career as a trainee at Arsenal, and also played non-league football for Dover Athletic[3] and Bath City, for whom he made 51 appearances (40 in the league) and scored three goals.[4]

Milton took a degree in sports science, ran a football coaching school with links with Arsenal F.C., commentated on Cheltenham Town matches for local radio and lectured at the University of Gloucestershire.[3]
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Apr 2014, 12:30 pm

Macc Town are doing free admission tomorrow for the game versus Aldershot.
If you live local then come on down, there's no Saturday game for Utd or City this weekend so doesn't clash so come and show your support for a struggling Conference side.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down