The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

+45
JCmag82
Samo
Nakatomi Plaza
The Best in the World
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
CJB
TopoftheChops
Liam
Looseheaded
Brilliant_yep
Redordead
tigertattie
Bluebird_ccfc
bretmeharty
Hulking_up
Uryu Ishida
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Enforcer
VDT
adamk
PhoenixBeer
Clunge4life
JamesLincs
Adam D
ManUtdImy
hodge
Blade
Fernando
Gregers
owen10ozzy
Mr H
GSC
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Crimey
Jammy31
DrDeath
BD21
49 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 3 Empty Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by BD21 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Here we are guys, Wrestlemania Week!!!! Are we excited? The card may not be 100% Mania worthy but it's number 30 so surely there's some big suprises in store!

I've created this thread so we can talk about all things Wrestlemania!

What match are you looking forward to the most? Favourite match ever? Favourite Moment ever? Favourite Entrance ever? Best Celebrity involvement?  

Let's talk all things Mania!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE/READ!!!

As common courtesy, following Mania, could we keep all discussion within this thread for at least 24 hours, to avoid spoiling things for those who are watching it Monday evening.

You can discuss everything within here - this is not a spoiler free zone.

Please do not post threads on Monday along the lines of "Batista Wins!" or "HHH spoils wrestlemania" ETC

Thanks!

Adam

BD21

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:05 pm

If anyone has a link to mania they'd kindly like to PM to me I'd be very grateful!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by bretmeharty Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:26 pm

Last night has centainly peaked my interest again. Question is can they keep it up.

I was like a kid again I gotta be honest. The glass shattering and Rock coming out, (I had no they would be there).

I had to rewind it a few times to believe Brock won, maybe taker thought he was the only person worthy to take it due to the UFC background and taker being a big fan of it and respecting what he had done in it.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:30 pm

Could Batista maybe be fed to Brock with the plan of Brock having a monster year?

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 2:52 pm

I absolutely loved WrestleMania, shocked the streak was broken, I've never wavered from my belief that it WILL be broken, I knew it would but wasn't expecting it this year, its logical though, when I was watxhing the match I was thinking there is no way I can believe this guy could beat Brock, an old slow broken man.

The HHH/Daniel Bryan match was superb, I wasn't sure about them kicking off with this because I felt the rest of the card would struggle to live up to the quality of the match, I don't think any match came close but the Bryan and Authority involvement in the Main Event did live up to the previous anticipation.

Loved Cesaro winning the Battle Royal, disappointed Bray didn't win but I don't think it hurt him that much.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:02 pm

That was superb. Full credit to the WWE.

The Opening Segment i really enjoyed. Hogan was a bit meh, but the silverdome confusion was pretty funny. I marked out when the glass shattered and when i heard IF YOU SMELL, more so for the Rock as i didn't expect him to be there. Good segment.

The Bryan vs HHH was a great match. Brutal at times, Steph Mcmahon looking amazing at ringside. Great opener and having HHH beat Bryan after made sense.

The Shield match, i was hoping the Shield would get a long decent match, but i can see why the WWE had them squash the Outlaws. Really hope they keep the Shield together at least until around Summer Slam and then have the split then maybe.

The John Cena vs Bray Wyatt match was my favorite match tbh, despite the outcome which i feel was a big mistake but not a complete disaster, but the match did Wyatt no harm, think he will be one of the best superstars in WWE this year.

Cessaro was class, happy he won. Him vs Jack Thwagger at Extreme Rules. Never seen someone lift Big Show up looking so casual!

The Streak. Wow. The most shocking moment in WWE without question. Never ever seen an reaction like it. The Match was not what i expected it to be, was more of a technically good match rather than all out brawl. But im still in shock. Expect Undertaker to confirm retirement tonight. 

The main event i thought could of been a better match. But the ending was brilliant. Bryan winning, 70,000 people chanting YES! Happy days. 

Raw tonight, anything can happen!

Also funniest part of the night, the camera man running after Cena in his entrance  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:13 pm

Olly wrote:If anyone has a link to mania they'd kindly like to PM to me I'd be very grateful!

I would also be incredibly greatful please Smile

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:25 pm

DrDeath wrote:
Olly wrote:If anyone has a link to mania they'd kindly like to PM to me I'd be very grateful!

I would also be incredibly greatful please Smile

im sure if you typed something along the lines of watchwrestling into google you'll find sites with good links, Wink 

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 3:50 pm

OK here goes:

Absolutely brilliant Wrestlemania. I am still shocked that Brock Lesnar ended the streak. In my opinion this is the biggest shock in the history of professional wrestling. Even bigger than Bruno Sammartino losing the title and even bigger than Hulk Hogan turning heel. It wasn't the right outcome IMO as I don't think the streak should have ever ended. 20-0 v Triple H should have been the last match. I certainly wont buy a 21-1 DVD. What I wont argue with, however, is the fact that it created a genuine Mania moment worth of Wrestlemania 30. Every wrestling fan in the world must have been collectively silent with their mouths wide open for at least 5-10 seconds. Doubt that will happen often, if ever again.

The opening segment with Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock was amazing. I had goosebumps with 3 of the most popular and best wrestlers of all time standing in the ring together. What a fitting moment for WM30.

Daniel Bryan v Triple H was a brutal match with the right man winning. Stephanie McMahon wore the outfit of the night.

The Shield v The New Age Outlaws and Kane was surprisingly short but we got to see some Shield dominance.

I love a good Battle Royal so enjoyed this. I must admit, as soon as I noticed Cesaro in there I knew he was gonna win. What a moment though. Surprised nobody else (not even the commentators) noticed Big Show coming out in attire which obviously paid tribute to Andre The Giant. Nice touch which should have got a mention.

Bray Wyatt v John Cena - first off let me commence that band that performed Wyatts theme song. That was a good performance and the way they were all dressed really added to the feel of it all. Bray Wyatt was the star of this match and had the crowd eating out the palm of his hand. He really should have won but I don't think this is an sort of burial / end of push. Will be interesting to see what happens on Raw.

Divas match - most of them looked hot, glad AJ Lee won.

Daniel Bryan v Randy Orton v Batista - credit to them all involved in this, it was a brilliant main event. The Batista Bomb / RKO through the table was truly amazing. And then you get the fairytale ending which is 6 months in the making - perfect way to end the show. Step forward new megastar of the era - Daniel Bryan.

Once again, this is possibly one of the best Manias of all time. Well worth staying up for.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:03 pm

I think that's the best Wrestlemania I have ever watched, it actually exceeded my expectations, and while the build up could obviously have been better I thought the show was fantastic.

The opening segment was really well done, if you're going to use Hogan, Austin and Rock but don't want them to be in an actual proper feud, that is the way to do it. It felt genuinely iconic, and nostalgic but it didn't take away from the current product. It wasn't even an over the top plug for the Network. Very well done.

I was delighted that Bryan-Triple H came first, totally the right decision and the match was arguably the match of the night, think only the Main Event was better. Despite Bryan obviously being the favourite, it was hard to call and I thought Triple H did well to put Bryan over and the attack at the end allowed more doubt for the main event.

The Shield match was done really well, while I think they deserve a bigger spot on the Wrestlemania card, they handled that match well because they squashed them and rightly so. The Shield came out looking fantastic and are obviously very over. The double Triple powerbomb was great and considering the age of Kane and the New Age Outlaws and the fact that they aren't an actual team, a Shield squash was the best way to go. Especially since they seem to be going towards keeping them together for longer, which is better I think. None of them are ready nor need to be singles yet.

The Battle Royal was actually really good, I was pleasantly surprised by this match because I expected it to be awful but once a bit of the dross was eliminated there were some nice highlights. Fandango's moment was great with the crowd dancing, Kingston continues to defy the laws of physics, Sheamus, Big Show, Cesaro all came out of it looking really good, as did Cody Rhodes in fact. So glad Cesaro won it, liked the shades of Hogan/Andre, with Big Show's attire and the manner of the elimination. Clearly WWE are behind Cesaro, and rightly so.

The Cena-Wyatt match was much better than I expected, I still thought it was a weak match and slowed the show down a little but Wyatt was brilliant and the crowd in the palm of his hand. The main issues with it for me were that Harper and Rowan felt a little redundant and the story WWE wanted to tell just was never going to work with how the crowd react. Very little support for Cena. The match wasn't a disaster like I expected.

The Streak match was awful, it was quite clear all the way through that Undertaker just couldn't hack it. Watching it back this morning and reading news about it, you can tell he suffers some kind of head injury early on from a move on the outside. Lesnar at times was lifting essentially a dead weight, and he did well to try and at least carry the match for a while. Didn't think the match was going to be good as recent years and was right, their styles didn't mesh and Undertaker looked exhausted right away. Couldn't believe the result, I think it's the biggest shock in wrestling history, Wrestlemania 22 was probably the last time the Streak match seemed so certain. No chance of Lesnar winning, the crowd weren't expecting it at all. Whether it was the right choice or not is a question for another day, what I will say is that I think the actual show from after the pin was brilliant. The lack of music, the silence of the crowd, Heyman's reactions, the crowd's faces was fantastic. The best part was Lesnar's wink as he walked out. I think that's it for Undertaker, retirement tomorrow if he is out of hospital. He will say he can't fight any more. Lesnar will now be the biggest heel in WWE.

The divas match was surprisingly good, glad they put it on after The Streak, the finish was really well done and managed to wake the crowd up a little.

The main event for me was match of the night, Bryan, Orton and even Batista were all fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, after The Streak was ended it felt like anything could happen. There were definitely a few matches I thought Bryan wasn't going to win, I bought totally into his injury and thought it definitely could have been legit so his getting out of the stretcher was a great moment. In the end it was the right decision for WWE to have him finally climb the mountain and win. I hope this is the end of his fight with The Authority at least for a while, because it will just become frustrating and repetitive otherwise.

Thought they did really well by having no long musical segment, no America the Beautiful or planes flying over, only two short and fairly entertaining backstage segments, no cameos for the sake of it. Overall a really tight show.

I'd like to see coming out of Wrestlemania:

Cena vs. Wyatt to continue, think Wyatt should come out on top at some point.
The Shield vs. Triple H, Orton and Batista...Shield vs. Evolution, a way of getting those three away from Bryan.
Lesnar vs. Bryan...now, I don't think this should happen at the next PPV, maybe have Orton have a rematch, I'm not sure, but I definitely think this should be the Summerslam feud, if not the feud going into Wrestlemania, biggest heel vs biggest face essentially. Would be fantastic to have essentially a year long feud culminating in a Summerslam and Wrestlemania match, I think their styles would mesh well.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:25 pm

Crimey wrote:
I'd like to see coming out of Wrestlemania:

Cena vs. Wyatt to continue, think Wyatt should come out on top at some point.
The Shield vs. Triple H, Orton and Batista...Shield vs. Evolution, a way of getting those three away from Bryan.
Lesnar vs. Bryan...now, I don't think this should happen at the next PPV, maybe have Orton have a rematch, I'm not sure, but I definitely think this should be the Summerslam feud, if not the feud going into Wrestlemania, biggest heel vs biggest face essentially. Would be fantastic to have essentially a year long feud culminating in a Summerslam and Wrestlemania match, I think their styles would mesh well.

Biggest storyline moving forward for me is Wyatt in the sense that it's now make or break in next 3 months for him. History suggests a loss to Cena closes the door on any momentum. Up to the writers to get the booking right...and up to Cena to ensure he uses his backstage sway to get Wyatt to go over him in a big way at Extreme Rules...he had the chance with Wyatt few years ago and failed to lie down for him...he is a moron if he does the same again with Wyatt.

Not sure how you'd get a Shield/Authority angle going straight away...think you have to have maybe a month or two of HHH trying to get the belt away from Bryan...think maybe do it in a more respectful way. i.e. HHH says Bryan has earnt his respect...but he wanted to be the A+ player now he is it's time to step up...maybe feed him title match after title match week on week...or just tough match upon tough match...don't need Bryan to come out on top all the time but enough to keep him an underdog that doesn't become superman. Perhaps come Money In The Bank HHH is about to screw Bryan out of title...Shield interfere saying that the injustice has gone on to long. They aid Bryan...moves authority into feud with Shield...Triple Threat match at Payback followed perhaps by Reigns vs HHH at Summerslam?!

As for Lesnar...I think he should have a monster year...lots of way this could be done:

Runs through the roster going all year unbeaten...culminating in a title match against Punk/Bryan at Mania....or you have the Bryan v Brock match at Summerslam...Brock wins it..moving Bryan out of title picture for little while (thus keeping him from becoming Cena)...the problem though is you then have a Champion who doesn't turn up so can't do that.

Alternatively you have HHH keep Brock out of title picture...saying he can't justify a part time wrestler as a Champion...Brock fights filler feud at Extreme Rules & Summerslam (though high profile ones)...then he comes out at Rumble and wins it...giving him shot at title next Mania...likely against Bryan/Punk/Rock/Cena...whoever they decide to go with (think Cena will be back in main event next year personally).

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:35 pm

Ending the streak was a no-brainer, I always found it quite strange that it was a minority voice who agreed with that, the whole point of Pro Wrestling is too pass the torch, Taker leaving with the Streak does nothing for anyone left in the business which is madness given what they can now build off it.

Plus, if Taker were to have one more match at WrestleMania there will now be genuine interest in the actual match as no-one will have a clue who will win.

I'm delighted Brock ended it, scripted or not I would have found it completely unbelievable if that broken down, slow old man could have beaten Brock Lesnar.

People will say Brock isn't the right choice but I've heard the phrase 'Reality Era' being used when talking about this current time in Wrestling, well the reality is The Undertaker beating Brock is so far past the realms of Reality that it would be facepalm stuff.

Loved the reaction of all the Taker marks in the crowd, sheer brilliance.

Shawn should have ended it at WrestleMania 26

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:45 pm

Kay Fabe wrote: the whole point of Pro Wrestling is too pass the torch....

Hardly a passing of the torch there. Should of been either Orton at WM21 or failing that I think the next best one would of been Edge.

Think Taker's own physical capabilities meant that streak was diminished in what it once was and so don't think a long term rub would be gained by anyone ending the steak. It was almost at the equivalent of knocking out Ali as he is now. Yeah he's a former champion, but he's a shadow of his former self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 4:53 pm

K-PX0110 wrote:

Hardly a passing of the torch there. Should of been either Orton at WM21 or failing that I think the next best one would of been Edge.

Think Taker's own physical capabilities meant that streak was diminished in what it once was and so don't think a long term rub would be gained by anyone ending the steak. It was almost at the equivalent of knocking out Ali as he is now. Yeah he's a former champion, but he's a shadow of his former self.

Brock Lesnar is 36 years old and will probably be around for another 3/4 years maybe more if he sticks to the kind of schedule he has now, the guy is genuine box office, his fueds mean something, however all he has done in WWE before beating Taker can now be forgotton, now he'll be known as the guy who killed the Streak, this means anyone who beats him at Mania will now be the guy who beat the guy who beat the streak, Brock was clearly a logical choice here, him losing would have looked ridoculous

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 5:07 pm

Agree with Kayfabe here and would hazard a guess that Undertaker himself is of the same thinking...

As Ric Flair says...to be the man you have to beat the man. Well Brock Lesnar is now Wrestlemania...any future Mania's including him will be about him and there is plenty of rub to be gained for anyone who now goes over him...though as I mentioned; that rub is tainted should he be pinned at any point before next years Mania. A monster unbeaten run culminating in a Royal Rumble victory or title win at Royal Rumble before either Bryan/Punk/Wyatt/Reigns goes over him next year....I would actually say Bryan won't need it therefore if they continue to build Wyatt/Reigns or Punk does come back then either of those to go over him next year would be another incredible Mania moment and you'd have back to back Mania's which would have aided in creating the future 2/3 men to take the company forward for next 5/10 years!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Apr 2014, 5:21 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:
K-PX0110 wrote:

Brock Lesnar is 36 years old and will probably be around for another 3/4 years maybe more if he sticks to the kind of schedule he has now, the guy is genuine box office,  his fueds mean something,  however all he has done in WWE before beating Taker can now be forgotton, now he'll be known as the guy who killed the Streak, this means anyone who beats him at Mania will now be the guy who beat the guy who beat the streak, Brock was clearly a logical choice here, him losing would have looked ridoculous

I agree with you in regards to the physically imposing Lesnar should of beaten the ageing and pretty much broken Taker, but I just don't feel the streak was the be all and end all. Was surprised at the time (as thought he'd retire with the 0 in tact which he should of after the end if an era) but having thought about it he is the logical choice. Think if an up and comer had of beaten the streak then a lot of pressure and expectation would of been on them which I think in 9/10 cases they wouldn't live up to and could very well destroy a career rather than make it. Feel Brock is very well established and is going to be more than just the guy who broke the streak but that's on WWE as to how they market him going forwards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 07 Apr 2014, 5:22 pm

Totally agree with you KF. Basically said what I wrote earlier in the thread but doubt you’ve read that. The whole thing was executed to perfection.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 5:31 pm

I don't think the torch passing logic rings true enough with Lesnar. I'd have preferred it to be Punk, and who knows, if Rock had accepted this Mania and done Brock/Rock then it might have been Punk.

However, being away from wrestling fans has calmed me down enough. A two hour traffic jam mulling it over: I like Lesnar so much that I can accept it being him. I think it left a sour taste, an emptiness and overshadowed the night. I think WWE booked it so badly in the run up that its slightly insulting to both men. But I feel no regret in being a mark over it (even if my drunken state was a bit angrier than justifiable!).

Very good story driven Mania, notably meh wrestling Mania. Cesaro's moment was great.

My star of Mania including the night and the build up? John Cena by a distance.

However, the image of that guy in the Yes shirt was my reaction. It was everyone in the bar's reaction. But shock doesn't always = win

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:09 pm

For what it's worth by the way, some of the arguments on here have also helped me to see things from different angles. So, sometimes discussion and debate can work to enlighten, rather than just a group of wrestling fans screaming their opinions the loudest and not reading what anyone else says

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:23 pm

I'm genuinely speechless. Did not see that coming. Was obvious from the get go that Taker couldn't do it; he looked tired from the start. The stunned silence of the crowd was great, created a moving atmosphere. Credit to Heyman and Brock, the selling was genius. Expect a Taker retirement tonight, poor guy just hasn't got it anymore. Could it have been called mid-match like others said? Maybe Taker realised that he couldn't hack it anymore and called it. Apparently he suffered a concussion and was taken to hospital?
Just can't believe it's over; never expected that and Brock now looks more like a legit badass than he ever did.

Hogan/Austin/Rock was a great spectacle, the 3 greatest men to ever grace the ring of WWE? The 'Silverdome' thing was funny too

The Shield winning was the correct decision, but was too short. Can see why they squashed Kane and NAO but should have been longer.  

Bryan was fantastic, the opener was brilliant. Credit to HHH for giving Bryan what he deserves. Cena/Wyatt was fantastic, even though Cena winning was the wrong decision IMO. Wyatt is just an amazing character!

ATG BR was decent, nice to see Cesaro looking incredibly strong, literally!, the right man won. The divas was never going to be good, especially going on straight after the Streak. The silence was actually funny:')

The main event was insane. Orton and Bryan were both brilliant. The table spot looked insane, how neither were seriously injured is beyond me. Batista was alright, looked a bit iffy. The ending was a perfect way to end 30 years of WM.
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:29 pm

I think it made sense for Cena to win, the story was set up for him to win really and I felt that Wyatt still came out looking very, very good. Wyatt has already had some big wins, and it's good to see if he can handle the losses and come back stronger. I would be surprised if the feud is over.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Mon 07 Apr 2014, 6:45 pm

This was the best Mania I've seen since 24. I didn't think there was a classic match, but two very good ones that both involved Daniel Bryan.

Cena/Wyatt was a good match, but was hampered by Cena's inability to properly sell the torment that Bray was putting him through. He looked more constipated than conflicted. I don't have a big problem with the booking though, seeing as Cena hadn't won a PPV match since Survivor Series. Wyatt's built up too much of a following for the loss to set him back to much, though I would like to see him get the win back at Extreme Rules.

As a match Taker/Lesnar was the biggest disappointment bar the ending. I couldn't understand why Heyman slid into the ring at the end of the match, and it took me a couple of minutes to comprehend what had happened. That was the most shocking moment in wrestling since Hogan joined the nWo and ironically the lacklustre build played a part as at no moment in the past month did Lesnar look like a threat.

I was pleasantly surprised by the battle royal. The right man went over, and Cesaro was made to look like a star. Loved the spot with Kofi as well.

I think this Wrestlemania will be remembered for four iconic moments; The three biggest stars the business has produced sharing a steveweiser to start the night, Cesaro slamming Big Show over the top rope, Lesnar ending the streak, and Daniel Bryan finally getting his moment of glory.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:16 pm

Tbf Takers needed surgery after his last few matches iirc, so it's hardly surprising he'd end up in hospital for a checkup. A combination of age and rust have really shown the last 2 years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:26 pm

I'll start from the top here.

The opening segment was fantastic, Hogan recovered well from another gaff, and the crowd let it slide. Marked out when the glass shattered, and when The Rock came out. It was a great show of respect from the 3 biggest icons the industry has seen, and a truely great Mania moment.

D-Bry vs Triple H was a great match. Both guys looked great and when Trips hit the pedigree I was ready to go full rage mode. Started in a flurry and ended in one. The attack afterwards added to the story of the main event. I'll come back to that.

Was a little bit dissapointed in the Shield match, but it was the right result. Would have loved to see them go a bit longer. The double powerbomb was impressive as hell.

So happy Cesaro won the Battle Royal. Especially in the fashion he did. His star has definatly been made. He'll be World Champ within the next year. Calling it now. Kofi mist be gutted, cant use that trick for next years Rumble.

Cena-Wyatt was my personal match of the night. Wyatt is just fantastic and I loved the story of Cena fighting against becoming the monster. Wasnt that big a fan of the ref shouting "This isnt you!" But thats a small gripe. Wyatt will go far.

Then. The big one. The biggest moment in WrestleMania history. And thats not a hyperbole. The streak is over. Lesnar is now WrestleMania. It wasnt a great match by the standard or the rest of the card, and if the rumours of Undertaker injuring himself and spending the night in hospital are true, then I wish him well. He has to retire now, and lets be honest, he deserves it.

The Divas wasnt as bad as I expected, but was still pretty bad. Some of those girls are god awful.

The Triple Threat match was amazing. All 3 guys looked great, even Batista. The Batista Bomb / RKO combo through the table was an amazing spot, but it looked like Orton came out worse after landing right on the monitor. The Authority interfering with Scott Armstrong worked well, and Im elated that Bryan won. Putting him over Batista keeps Orton in the title picture. I can see a rematch at Extreme Rules.

Best Mania in years. RAW will be interesting tonight.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:29 pm

Also, sign of the night has to go to "If Cena wins we Wyatt". Genius.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by JCmag82 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:36 pm

Agree with the majority here. From expecting a fairly mundane/predictable Mania, I was well surprised when I watched it this afternoon. I watched it with a mate and when brock won it was a case of us both looking at each other in disbelief thinking "Did that really happen???" Just love how heyman sells everything at ring side and conveys genuine disbelief when the ref counts 3. Also, not sure if anyone has mentioned it, but the crowd singing "He's got the whole world in his hands" with Wyatt was fun to see. I expect a good rendition of it tonight on RAW after the fans have had a good old drink in New Orleans.

JCmag82

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm

Mr H wrote:Totally agree with you KF. Basically said what I wrote earlier in the thread but doubt you’ve read that. The whole thing was executed to perfection.

sorry bud, the thread was about 100 deep by the time I got into it, I read a few but just wrote my POV pit before I forgot about it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 7:45 pm

If this product now has Triple H's grubby mits all over it then can I just say that HHH is truly what is best for business...

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:05 pm

Outside of the Streak I think every match was booked perfectly with consist story based work. If thats what HHH will bring then they are in good hands. Combined with the wonderful talent they have at their disposal hopefully they can usher in a new era and leave the old behind.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:11 pm

WrestleMania XX was booked as a new beginning, but last night felt even more so. Cesaro, Wyatt, The Shield and Bryan all making waves in a good way. The futures bright.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:31 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:If this product now has Triple H's grubby mits all over it then can I just say that HHH is truly what is best for business...

HHH isn't an idiot, WWE are in more than good hands with him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:45 pm

I'm amazed people are saying it was one of the worst WM's ever etc. I thought it was bloody tremendous and the shock factor of the streak ending will be the the most shocking and memorable moment in WM history IMO.

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 07 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm

I think it's the best one since at least 21. I haven't seen much negativity about it, other than some people feeling Lesnar shouldn't have taken The Streak.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:06 pm

I've seen a lot on Twitter surprisingly, also on some other forums also. Probably those people who only watch WrestleMania and not the actual product weekly/regularly. I don't mind people who do that but when they complain and say 'oh this sucks, bring back attitude era' that really gets on my nerves.

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:07 pm

Wasn't the greatest ppv ever from a pure wrestling standpoint, but from a storytelling standpoint it was better than anything WWE has done in years
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:10 pm

I dont think we should get carried away just yet, enjoy it as it was the perfect wrestlemania but we will have to see where they go from now, we all know and wwe know that the wm crowd is a "smart" crowd so we wont truly know if wwe has changed for the better until they are somewhere like Nevada a week before a ppv like money in the bank.

If Brock loses next apperence or Bryan just has a 2 week reign then there is still a problem.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:10 pm

Storyline over pure wrestling every day of the week for me

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:49 pm

Indeed, I'd agree, but I wouldn't mind one or two of those matches that live long in the memory for pure quality. I dont have much desire to rewatch those matches, maybe the first in due course, because the story has been told now. The mix of the two is when its amazing, which I think Lesnar and Punk got to.

I still just feel a little hollow cos of The Undertaker losing. I know I shouldn't, but it really has cut my enthusiasm for a lot of it.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 07 Apr 2014, 9:54 pm

I don't have an issue. WWE got maximum impact from it. I have no problems
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:32 pm

Watching it all again, man these pre match promo/montage things are off the hook good

Those guys need a raise
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:39 pm

Don't get me wrong, the streak ending I'm not so fussed about...But Brock Lesnar? Nah. I'm not cool with that. The build up wasn't that great, the match was average standard. I guess I thought that Taker would go out in a much bigger fashion. Put on a match like he did against HBK, have a more spectacular build up, entrance etc. Then bang...streak ends.
Maybe Lesnar was the right man, but I personally am not convinced.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

Jammy31 wrote:Don't get me wrong, the streak ending I'm not so fussed about...But Brock Lesnar? Nah. I'm not cool with that. The build up wasn't that great, the match was average standard. I guess I thought that Taker would go out in a much bigger fashion. Put on a match like he did against HBK, have a more spectacular build up, entrance etc. Then bang...streak ends.
Maybe Lesnar was the right man, but I personally am not convinced.

I think that's the thing though Jammy, Taker didn't look like he could physically put on a match like he did against HBK, he looked shot tbh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BD21 Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:45 pm

I agree Olly, the videos/promos were absolute gold. My personal favourites being the Bryan video before his match with HHH and the Cena/Wyatt video with Legacy laced in.

Other highlights of the night for me now I've had a chance to re watch it:

The Rock on top form (where was that guy when he came back)

HHH entrance gave me goosebumps.

Steph deserves a mention.

Bray "dressing up" for Mania with new coat and hat.

The Shield. I know they only got a 3 minute match but the face masks and Ambrose getting tagged in and tagging Rollins straigh in were coooooool.

Obviously Cesaro picking up Show like he weighs 250 pounds.

The crowds reaction to the streak ending. Pretty much summed up my reaction too. Never thought Lesnar would take the streak although I thought someone would next year.

The live performances were pretty good this year, especially Wyatt's.

Bray Wyatt got more good out of his performance and losing to Cena than he would have done winning against a mid carder.

Orton in the main event was brilliant. The Batista Bomb/RKO spot was sick!

Finally, I'd like to give a special mention to a man who has received a lot of stick over the years. Most of it totally warranted.

Michael Cole, you were absolutely sensational last night.

BD21

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 07 Apr 2014, 10:56 pm

When Cole is on his game and it suits him then hes top top drawer. But he can really detract from matches too

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by CenaNuff Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:21 pm

Wrestlemania was good last night - apart from 2 things.

1. Cena winning. He didn't need to win. What does he get out of winning? We have seen the same thing happen with him year after year. His conflicting mind. Will he? Won't he? AAAGGGHHH AGAINST ALL ODDS CENA HAS DONE IT. Yawn. Bray was amazing last night, he deserved to win for his acting alone. He is just so good. Where does he go from here, now, though? Probably after Cena where we will have a rematch and lose again. WWE apologists will then backtrack on all their clap trap garbage about Bray losing at Mania being 'good' for him. Cough Sandow cough.

2. Taker losing. I don't even really like him. But the streak matches have been golden lately, especially the 4 matches vs HHH/HBK. The build up for last night's match was a shambles. Nobody cared about it. The match itself was dull. I almost think they pulled the trigger on the streak because it had become so tedious and creative couldn't think of any good story to go with it. But really...why Brock? What does he gain from it? We already know he is a monster. Does he get a title shot now? So what if he does, he is a part timer, he won't win. Just so pointless giving it to him. They could have given to to Bryan, Punk, Reigns, Bray, even a heel Cena. But of course the WWE don't trust their up and coming talents. They are afraid that a newbie will end the streak and then fade into obscurity. And once again the WWE apologists who preach about how amazing the current talent is, suddenly think it is wrong for any of them to break the streak...because...you know...they 'might not be that good'.

Cowardly stance really. Double standards and all that. It's actually quite cringey reading what they say.

But apart from that, Mania was pretty good, way better than the last one. Kind of wished Punk/Shield got involved in the ME last night. Have a feeling it might happen tonight. Think HHH might give himself a title match against Bryan and force the Shield to be lumberjacks or something like that. They will turn on HHH and a feud between them will start, leaving Bryan to squash Batista for the next couple of months.

CenaNuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 07 Apr 2014, 11:59 pm

CenaNuff wrote:Wrestlemania was good last night - apart from 2 things.

1. Cena winning. He didn't need to win. What does he get out of winning? We have seen the same thing happen with him year after year. His conflicting mind. Will he? Won't he? AAAGGGHHH AGAINST ALL ODDS CENA HAS DONE IT. Yawn. Bray was amazing last night, he deserved to win for his acting alone. He is just so good. Where does he go from here, now, though? Probably after Cena where we will have a rematch and lose again. WWE apologists will then backtrack on all their clap trap garbage about Bray losing at Mania being 'good' for him. Cough Sandow cough.

2. Taker losing. I don't even really like him. But the streak matches have been golden lately, especially the 4 matches vs HHH/HBK. The build up for last night's match was a shambles. Nobody cared about it. The match itself was dull. I almost think they pulled the trigger on the streak because it had become so tedious and creative couldn't think of any good story to go with it. But really...why Brock? What does he gain from it? We already know he is a monster. Does he get a title shot now? So what if he does, he is a part timer, he won't win. Just so pointless giving it to him. They could have given to to Bryan, Punk, Reigns, Bray, even a heel Cena. But of course the WWE don't trust their up and coming talents. They are afraid that a newbie will end the streak and then fade into obscurity. And once again the WWE apologists who preach about how amazing the current talent is, suddenly think it is wrong for any of them to break the streak...because...you know...they 'might not be that good'.

Cowardly stance really. Double standards and all that. It's actually quite cringey reading what they say.

But apart from that, Mania was pretty good, way better than the last one. Kind of wished Punk/Shield got involved in the ME last night. Have a feeling it might happen tonight. Think HHH might give himself a title match against Bryan and force the Shield to be lumberjacks or something like that. They will turn on HHH and a feud between them will start, leaving Bryan to squash Batista for the next couple of months.

With regards to the Sandow situation, Cena couldn't have given more to Sandow in defeat, he gave him his best and most high profile match, much like he did with Bray, he can hardly be blamed that WWE then never followed up with Sandow, took away his robe, his long hair, his pre match promos and jobbed him out to all and sundery, paralleling that to Bray, Cena gave him a chance on the top level, he carried himself like a megastar, the match was great, maybe it would have been better for Bray if he had won, but he's doubtless better for last nights match than if he'd had a 5 minute opening match win over Ziggler, Cena's done his bit, he can now go back to selling t-shirts and all that Poopie, it's now up to WWE to keep Bray on his upward trajectory, if they keep him strong and give him something interesting to do, he will be a bigger star for facing Cena.

That's my opinion anyways, if that makes me a WWE apologist then so be it.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:12 am

"WWE dont trust their u and coming talents"

Erm 

Uso's won
Bryan cleans beats HHH
Cesaro wins the Battle Royal
The Shield won
Bryan beats Orton and Batista clean

so an up and comer didn't beat the streak, quite right IMO, Reigns? He struggled on RAW against Bray sowhy should he be given the Streak at this time?

Bray I believe wont be hurt by his loss to Cena but I cant see any benefit in carrying the feud as I feel he really had to win the first match if they were to have a series

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:20 am

Anyone blaming Johm Cena for the Damian Sandow de-push is either a moron or is so blinded by Cena hate that they simply wont look beyond anything other than Cena being to blame.

The Cena/Sandow match was possibly the best TV Match of the year last year, it went about 30 minutes, the fans were screaming "this is awesome" and Sandow looked a million bucks immediately after their match, its not Cena's fault the WWE wanted to unify the titles and its not his fault that they felt two of the biggest and most historical names in the last decade would be the way to go with thay short angle.

Creative missed a trick with Damien Sandow but John Cena did more to legitimise Sandow as a guy who can go at that level than anyone before or since.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mat Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:41 am

The opening segment was a great way to start the show, it really got the crowd going early on. Wasn't expecting The Rock to comeback at all, and still marked out when Austin's music hit despite seeing the rumours he was going to be there. Thought Hogan handled the whole silverdome/superdome mistake quite well and was generally quite entertaining.

HHH vs Bryan was excellent I thought, from the video package to HHH's entrance to the actual match itself and then the aftermath. The only thing about this match was that I thought Steph's constant shrieking etc was completely unbearable.

Would have been nice to see The Shield have a larger involvement on the show, but thought that the squashing of Kane and the NAO did more for them than having a long match. Reigns got his wrestlemania moment with the double powerbomb and I think as a faction they've still got legs left in them.

Battle Royal was booked perfectly. Cesaro was definitely the right choice as winner and again there was a Wrestlemania moment with the way he eliminated Big Show. Thought the Kofi spot was really cool and the crowd's reaction to Fandango and his dancing was also a nice little part of the match.

I was dead set against Cena winning at the start but thought the ending to the match was really good and it didn't really do any harm Cena beating Wyatt like that. Bray played his part perfectly, and for all the stick Cena gets, I thought he again pulled it out of the bag and put on a decent-enough match even if his acting wasn't great. I do think this might be the start of something bigger with Cena though, but might just be hope of something fresh for him to work with.

The streak match was horrid. I nearly fell asleep a few times in this one to be honest. Lesnar ending the streak was completely unexpected and it probably saved the match, along with the amazing reactions from the fans and the commentators who I thought sold it really well. Again, live I wasn't happy with Lesnar taking the streak and I'm still unsure now. I accept the fact that Lesnar is a legitimate bad-ass and thought Kayfabe made a good point about this supposedly being the "reality-era." I guess my main gripe is that the match was built so poorly in terms of storyline, If this was the plan all along it could have been built so much better.

Divas definitely got the graveyard shift but thought they did a decent job in what as a difficult position on the card and not the easiest match-type to deal with. Enjoyed the finish, and thought the Bella face-off was actually quite well done and interesting but it was late at that point.

Main Event was simply fantastic. In terms of quality, maybe not the best wrestling match you will ever see but in terms of story-telling and stand-out moments it did everything it needed to. Bryan even starting the match, him taking out HHH with the sledgehammer, the insane Batista Bomb/RKO through the table and Bryan getting off the stretcher and going on to win the match. Orton was great and even Batista was ok, although I'm glad it was him who took the fall. The only thing with it was I was kind of hoping that Punk would return when HHH tried to interfere with the crooked ref etc but it probably would have take away from Bryan's moment.

Overall, a fantastic Mania, the best one for a long while. Well done WWE. Interested to see what goes down on Raw tonight.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 08 Apr 2014, 8:50 am

All this talk about poor build for the streak match...the undertaker can barely walk and has never been great at cutting promos, they were never gonna give this a big build.

Lesnar ending the streak makes sense because he's a legitimate fighter. Who else would end it? Cena? The crowd hate him already, why give them the ultimate reason? Instead they gave it to a guy who while is liked by internet marks, can and is a legitimate fighter who doesn't give a toss about people.

Personally, I'm glad the streak is over. Now we can have many wrestlemania's without people creaming themselves over a late 40's year old wrestler turning up 3 weeks before and pointing at the sign. What is the point in having a match which people know the outcome? That's what made the ending so brilliant, everyone thought he would kick out of the 3rd F5 and didn't and it screwed with everyone. People say that the WWE can be boring (and it can) yet they do something so big and so huge and you still have unhappy people.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:14 pm

Watched it all again last night. I still cant decide whether Lesnar ending the streak was a good thing or not, but the reaction to it happening was amazing. As I said before, this is the biggest moment in wrestling history.

As much as I wanted Wyatt to win, Cena winning actually make perfect sense. It was all about defending his legacy, and really the video package should have been the clue that he would win. Wyatt doesn't look weak because he had plenty of chances to put Cena away, but he was more intent on turning him into a monster.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next