The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

+45
JCmag82
Samo
Nakatomi Plaza
The Best in the World
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
CJB
TopoftheChops
Liam
Looseheaded
Brilliant_yep
Redordead
tigertattie
Bluebird_ccfc
bretmeharty
Hulking_up
Uryu Ishida
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
liverbnz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Enforcer
VDT
adamk
PhoenixBeer
Clunge4life
JamesLincs
Adam D
ManUtdImy
hodge
Blade
Fernando
Gregers
owen10ozzy
Mr H
GSC
NickisBHAFC
kingraf
Dr Gregory House MD
Hero
Dolphin Ziggler
Marky
Crimey
Jammy31
DrDeath
BD21
49 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 4 Empty Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by BD21 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Here we are guys, Wrestlemania Week!!!! Are we excited? The card may not be 100% Mania worthy but it's number 30 so surely there's some big suprises in store!

I've created this thread so we can talk about all things Wrestlemania!

What match are you looking forward to the most? Favourite match ever? Favourite Moment ever? Favourite Entrance ever? Best Celebrity involvement?  

Let's talk all things Mania!!!!!!!

PLEASE NOTE/READ!!!

As common courtesy, following Mania, could we keep all discussion within this thread for at least 24 hours, to avoid spoiling things for those who are watching it Monday evening.

You can discuss everything within here - this is not a spoiler free zone.

Please do not post threads on Monday along the lines of "Batista Wins!" or "HHH spoils wrestlemania" ETC

Thanks!

Adam

BD21

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by Crimey Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:18 pm

CenaNuff wrote:Wrestlemania was good last night - apart from 2 things.

1. Cena winning. He didn't need to win. What does he get out of winning? We have seen the same thing happen with him year after year. His conflicting mind. Will he? Won't he? AAAGGGHHH AGAINST ALL ODDS CENA HAS DONE IT. Yawn. Bray was amazing last night, he deserved to win for his acting alone. He is just so good. Where does he go from here, now, though? Probably after Cena where we will have a rematch and lose again. WWE apologists will then backtrack on all their clap trap garbage about Bray losing at Mania being 'good' for him. Cough Sandow cough.

2. Taker losing. I don't even really like him. But the streak matches have been golden lately, especially the 4 matches vs HHH/HBK. The build up for last night's match was a shambles. Nobody cared about it. The match itself was dull. I almost think they pulled the trigger on the streak because it had become so tedious and creative couldn't think of any good story to go with it. But really...why Brock? What does he gain from it? We already know he is a monster. Does he get a title shot now? So what if he does, he is a part timer, he won't win. Just so pointless giving it to him. They could have given to to Bryan, Punk, Reigns, Bray, even a heel Cena. But of course the WWE don't trust their up and coming talents. They are afraid that a newbie will end the streak and then fade into obscurity. And once again the WWE apologists who preach about how amazing the current talent is, suddenly think it is wrong for any of them to break the streak...because...you know...they 'might not be that good'.

Cowardly stance really. Double standards and all that. It's actually quite cringey reading what they say.

But apart from that, Mania was pretty good, way better than the last one. Kind of wished Punk/Shield got involved in the ME last night. Have a feeling it might happen tonight. Think HHH might give himself a title match against Bryan and force the Shield to be lumberjacks or something like that. They will turn on HHH and a feud between them will start, leaving Bryan to squash Batista for the next couple of months.

Wyatt didn't need to win that match at all, he looked really good in the match and the storyline made sense for Cena to win. Doesn't necessarily mean the feud won't carry on and Wyatt comes out on top in the end, but I thought having Cena win was the right decision and Wyatt looked better coming out of the match than he did before it. He wasn't fed to Cena, he stood toe to toe with Cena, it wasn't the typical comeback either that went onto win it. 

What do you mean give it to Punk? He's left WWE, if Punk had been given it last year and left, where would that leave WWE now? Exactly. That and the fact that you wanted him to get involved in the main event show that you perhaps haven't got over the fact that he left and he doesn't want to come back. How you expect WWE to put him over when he's not bothered to turn up is baffling.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: Wrestlemania XXX Official Thread!

Post by The-Rizz Tue 08 Apr 2014, 12:58 pm

So I managed to avoid the internet all day yesterday (harder than you might think!) and watched Wrestlemania 30 last night. I’ve got to say I’m stunned, never before has a PPV left me with such an array of feelings, it was quite literally a rollercoaster ride from start to finish. here are my initial thoughts, now that the dust has settled, and everything has sunk in. Oh by the way I’ve not seen Raw yet, I’m saving that for later, so these are just my thoughts on WM30.

Daniel Bryan
The underdog story was played to perfection last night, and finally Bryan got his moment of redemption over the authority. His match with HHH was in my opinion match of the night. I thought they had great chemistry, and clicked really well. The main event was also a great match, and cranked the drama all the way up to 11! HHH trying to interfere, Bryan refusing to be stretchered away, it all added to the storyline of Bryan refusing to give up, refusing to let the stacked odds get the better of him. When he eventually made Batista tap out, and the Silverdome Superdome erupted into a chorus of yes chants, that right there was a Wrestlemania moment that will live in our memories forever!!

The “Bryan vs. the authority” storyline is far from over, and I’m excited to see where it goes next. Credit where credit is due in my opinion to Batista, he looked good last night, in much better shape that when he returned, him and Orton pretty much carried the main event, whilst Bryan was selling the injuries. Oh and also the bump Orton took off of the RKO on the table, OUCH!!

Cesaro
Personally I’m not a fan of the battle royale concept, too much going on in the ring all at the same time, it is pretty hard to follow any of the action. It only really gets good when you get down to about 4-6 competitors. Fortunately it didn’t take too long to get rid of the jobbers and midcard no-hopers, and we were left with 4 guys who each could have realistically been crowned the winner. Cesaro is a deserving winner, and hopefully this is the start of a big push for him. The feat of strength he displayed by lifting up Big Show and slamming him over the top rope was incredible. My only gripe with the battle royale was that the 3 vacant spaces were wasted on David Otunga, Yoshi Tatsu and Tyson Kidd. Seriously Yoshi Tatsu and David Otunga!!

The Shield
Slightly disappointed that The Hounds of Justice weren’t put to better use, but they are young guys, I’m sure they will each eventually get their Wrestlemania moment in the future, perhaps not as a group, I doubt they will still be together this time next year.

Bray Wyatt
I didn’t really enjoy the Cena/Wyatt match, it was a bit too slow paced for my liking, I did however really like the psychology of the match. Wyatt’s mind games, trying to push Cena to reveal his dark side was great. Cena played his part well, you could see moments where he looked like he was going to crack. I’m a little bit disappointed that Cena eventually won cleanly, but the I don’t think the loss hurts Wyatt too much, and I hope this story continues, hopefully with Wyatt pushing Cena to breaking point at Extreme Rules.

The Streak
Wow, I was speechless, quite literally dumbstruck. Never before have I been caught by such surprise at the result of a wrestling match. I had to rewind and watch the finish again, as my brain quite literally couldn’t take it all in on the first viewing. Even now I still can’t quite believe that the streak has been ended. The general reaction to the match seems to be that Lesnar should not have been the man to end the streak. Personally I’ve got no problem with it being Lesnar. The WWE like to hype Lesnar up for being “the beast” but since his return in 2012, he hasn’t done a great deal to justify that moniker. Now he has. Now he’s the beast. Ending the steak cements his legacy. I appreciate the argument that it should have been saved for someone young like Reigns or Bryan to give them a launching pad for their career, but this could equally be seen as a risk. For example Punk could have ended the streak last year, to give him the seal of approval as a main event star, but look at what happened, less than a year later he is gone.

I didn’t really like the match, nor the build-up, it all felt a little bit half-hearted in comparison to previous years, but the result and the impact it has on the WWE is huge…..take a minute to think about it, no more streak matches at future WM’s, and it seems highly likely that Taker will retire now.

Overall thoughts
To me, WM30 really feels like it was a passing of the torch. The stars of the night were the young guys, Bryan, Cesaro, Wyatt. These guys are the future. Add to that list The Shield, Big E, some of the NXT guys, Ziggler, the future looks really bright. Even the opening segment with Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock, felt like a toast to the old era, and a start of something new. I for one, have a renewed enthusiasm for WWE, so I my overall summary is that WM30 was a great success.

The-Rizz

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Tue 08 Apr 2014, 3:17 pm

not much i can say that hasnt already come up on this thread, aside from Triple H deserves a lot of credit for the style of match he wrestled. A lot of Japanese holds and suplexes to allow his and Bryan's style to mesh, rather than "punch punch punch kitchen sink punch indian deathlock punch spinebuster pedigree"

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 5:58 pm

I watched the go home sequence about 8/9 times now to the Taker/Brock match, the reaction is unbelievable, like nothing I've seen before, quite surreal and mesmerising at the same time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:31 pm

I couldnt help but think Triple H vs Bryan was the Benoit Edition. Triple Germans, crossfaces, a flying headbutt attempt... maybe Im looking too deep into it.

And I initially thought HHH had been replaced by Shao Kahn during his entrance.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by ManUtdImy Tue 08 Apr 2014, 6:39 pm

Read my mind Samo

ManUtdImy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:24 pm

Bryan always does the flying headbutt and HHH usually always pulls out the crossface in big matches

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 08 Apr 2014, 7:37 pm

WM ending in a (kinda) crossface by the underdog in a triple threat match?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:26 pm

Another thing that has to be praised is the excellent video packages, the Daniel Bryan - Monster one was fantastic, the Paul Heyman one about Lesnar and Undertaker was great and the Legacy John Cena one was amazing. They always get the packages spot on, but thought those were some of the best they've done.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:31 pm

If you can catch it the one opening Raw is rather good as well Crimey Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:36 pm

Yeah that is the same one, just with the picture of him winning at the end.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm

I had a thread about pre match promos about a year (maybe 18 months) ago that had some top class examples, but the Daniel Bryan Monster one has to be one of the best i've seen.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4