The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matchroom Announce New Signing

+9
spencerclarke
catchweight
TopHat24/7
Rowley
aja424
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
KingMonkey
hampo17
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matchroom Announce New Signing Empty Matchroom Announce New Signing

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:46 pm

Press conference tomorrow at 12.30, and this guy will box on the Wembley card.

Anybody thinking anyone other than James Degale?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Matchroom Announce New Signing Empty Re: Matchroom Announce New Signing

Post by KingMonkey Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:54 pm

Any more Smith brothers out there? Gallagher gym fighters who haven't signed yet?

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 12:55 pm

Liam is still with Warren, so could be him I guess.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:04 pm

*strips naked and runs through thread waving 'Team Smith' banner*

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:38 pm

Will it still part of Eddie's evil plan to take over the world?

Will STRONGBACK aka SPINBACK aka MORE BLEACH IN CUBICLE THREE be critical before during and after?

Does anyone care?

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:54 pm

Who is Andy Lee fighting under? Or Martin Murray?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 1:56 pm

Murray just signed a 7 figure deal with a South African promoter, thought Andy Lee had signed last year?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 09 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

I hope its not DeGale but it will probably be him.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 2:51 pm

Would make sense though, he could be lined up against a TBA on the FrochvGG bill and then fight the loser.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:10 pm

Hard to see this being anyone other than Degale. Him being with Mick has clearly not worked out from a profile or ticket shifting perspective, appreciate he is on an eliminator but if you keep winning that is an inevitability rather than any promotional brilliance on Mick’s part. Also given he has a natural and well established rivalry with Groves would give George a natural opponent win or lose against Froch.

Also would seem a good move from Degale’s perspective. His profile and image are hardly stellar at the minute, anything that can get him fighting somewhere that is not inside a shopping centre has to be a step in the right direction.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:20 pm

That'd be three Olympic Gold medallists in Eddie stable then, right?

Campbell, AJ and JdG. He got any more?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:29 pm

Id say its only a matter of time before Fury gives Hennessy the boot as well. Hes fighting on boxnation against boxnation picked opponents so how long before he realises he is paying Hennessy for doing nothing.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 3:33 pm

Fury should just sign-up to Queensbury and get proper BN promotion.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm

Degale confirmed by eddie on twitter and on the Wembley card.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 6:59 pm

I've just checked Eddies twitter feed mate and couldn't see anything.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:01 pm

Oh pants it was a retweet from glen mccory from a fake account!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:02 pm

Laugh Thought it would be strange to announce the press conference and then just tweet it out.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:02 pm

I think we all expected that, an IBF eliminator against Gonzalez is probably on the cards, a decent match up if it does happen. Is there anyone else left for Matchroom to sign?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 09 Apr 2014, 7:03 pm

If it is Degale, Hennessy is threatening to sue him and anyone else who was involved as apparently he time left to run on the contract.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:11 pm

A total and utter monopoly is on the horizon. Say goodbye to any possibility of good domestic cards.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:31 pm

The three biggest domestic fights out there currently are Groves vs Froch, Fury vs Chisora and Quigg vs Frampton. Two of those involve fighters who share promotional ties, one doesn't. Anyone care to guess which of the three is not scheduled to happen?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Apr 2014, 8:35 pm

Gavin Rees a matchroom fighter has fought Crolla, Matthews, Murray and Buckland in recent times, all of whom have fought a lot of top domestic fighters themselves.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:27 pm

Rowley wrote:The three biggest domestic fights out there currently are Groves vs Froch, Fury vs Chisora and Quigg vs Frampton. Two of those involve fighters who share promotional ties, one doesn't. Anyone care to guess which of the three is not scheduled to happen?

Do you think Hearn will sacrifice Quigg by putting him in with Frampton? Wouldn't blame Eddie for not making that fight, Frampton looks lethal on current form.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:32 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Gavin Rees a matchroom fighter has fought Crolla, Matthews, Murray and Buckland in recent times, all of whom have fought a lot of top domestic fighters themselves.

Rees is done and is being shopped around. Rees v Broner  picard 

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:35 pm

You bemoan domestic match ups not being made but when they are you still moan.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:42 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You bemoan domestic match ups not being made but when they are you still moan.

Crolla v Matthews was a match up. Mentioning Rees is not convincing.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:44 pm

You mean the guy who was the European and British champion at lightweight, the same Rees who had been on a run of beating Watson, Murray, Mezzache and Matthews. Yes you're right he couldn't have been involved in any big domestic match ups.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:54 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:You mean the guy who was the European and British champion at lightweight, the same Rees who had been on a run of beating Watson, Murray, Mezzache and Matthews. Yes you're right he couldn't have been involved in any big domestic match ups.

He was fed to Crolla. Watch the fights.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 09 Apr 2014, 9:58 pm

I've watched the fights and I have no idea why i'm bothering to try and reason with such a clown who's slowly trying to destroy this forum with his vitriol.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:11 pm

Seems to me strongy you have made your mind up with Eddie and will just manipulate events to fit your agenda. Eddie matches his fighters against weak opponents you slate him for weak cards, he matches them with tough opponents you say he only serves to lose his fighters their titles.

You acknowledge such things as ticket touting, tapping up and ignoring contracts are endemic in the sport but the minute there is the suggestion (usually by you) that Hearn has done this you slaughter him for it, because apparently it is fair to uphold Eddie to higher standards than anyone else.

The real kicker though is you back all this up with a brilliant get out of jail free card that if you reach a point where denying Eddie credit would just seem stupid you claim Barry is still running things ensuring Eddie can never get anything but criticism. As far as a wumming technique goes this last one is an absolute master stroke.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I've watched the fights and I have no idea why i'm bothering to try and reason with such a clown who's slowly trying to destroy this forum with his vitriol.

That would hurt if you weren't the biggest contrarian on the board.

I have an opinion that is in the minority in this forum, I can live with that.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 09 Apr 2014, 10:24 pm

Rowley wrote:Seems to me strongy you have made your mind up with Eddie and will just manipulate events to fit your agenda. Eddie matches his fighters against weak opponents you slate him for weak cards, he matches them with tough opponents you say he only serves to lose his fighters their titles.

You acknowledge such things as ticket touting, tapping up and ignoring contracts are endemic in the sport but the minute there is the suggestion (usually by you) that Hearn has done this you slaughter him for it, because apparently it is fair to uphold Eddie to higher standards than anyone else.

The real kicker though is you back all this up with a brilliant get out of jail free card that if you reach a point where denying Eddie credit would just seem stupid you claim Barry is still running things ensuring Eddie can never get anything but criticism. As far as a wumming technique goes this last one is an absolute master stroke.

Eddie is a wolf in sheeps clothing. He doesn't have Barry's brains but he's more treacherous.

What Eddie says and does are seriously at odds, is he really a fan and wants to be our friend? I'm no fan of Warren but some of his diatribes about Hearn on Youtube are scarily accurate and quite funny.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 10 Apr 2014, 7:01 am

U
Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:Seems to me strongy you have made your mind up with Eddie and will just manipulate events to fit your agenda. Eddie matches his fighters against weak opponents you slate him for weak cards, he matches them with tough opponents you say he only serves to lose his fighters their titles.

Eddie is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He doesn't have Barry's brains but he's more treacherous.

What Eddie says and does are seriously at odds, is he really a fan and wants to be our friend?  I'm no fan of Warren but some of his diatribes about Hearn on Youtube are scarily accurate and quite funny.
What the devil is going in that homunculus head of yours?  Science really needs to take an interest.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:22 am

superflyweight wrote:U
Strongback wrote:

Eddie is a wolf in sheeps clothing.  He doesn't have Barry's brains but he's more treacherous.

What Eddie says and does are seriously at odds, is he really a fan and wants to be our friend?  I'm no fan of Warren but some of his diatribes about Hearn on Youtube are scarily accurate and quite funny.

What the devil is going in that homunculus head of yours?  Science really needs to take an interest.

Did you forget to include the word 'on' in that sentence pseudo boy? Poor understanding and use of the word homunculus also. I suppose I should expect nothing less from a pin head like yourself.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:51 am

Strongy, Hearn could cure cancer and you'd still find a way to twist it around in to something negative to suit your somewhat irrelevant agenda.

Everyone looking forwards to seeing a packed out Wembley with tens of thousands of fans going mental? Bet it hurts Strongy...... Want a tissue?

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 10 Apr 2014, 8:59 am

Strongback wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Did you forget to include the word 'on' in that sentence pseudo boy?  Poor understanding and use of the word homunculus also.  I suppose I should expect nothing less from a pin head like yourself.

Yeah, was typing on my phone and still half asleep. I stand by my use of the word "humunculus" though.

As for a general critique of your posting history - dog sh*t on a stick being waved about by someone desperate to be loved.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:00 am

In all fairness Superfly, the Barry caveat is a work of absolute genius. Joseph Heller could not have come up with anything better than that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:12 am

Yeah, maybe we've be looking at Strongy all wrong. Who would like to volunteer to go through his posting history to see if there is a theme of absurdist satire?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:16 am

Az's back I see, never realised he was a Strongy alias.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:19 am

Strongback wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:I've watched the fights and I have no idea why i'm bothering to try and reason with such a clown who's slowly trying to destroy this forum with his vitriol.

That would hurt if you weren't the biggest contrarian on the board.  

I have an opinion that is in the minority in this forum, I can live with that
Er.. no you can't and that why you persist in beating the drum to try and convince everyone that they should see through Eddie's lies and manipulation techniques. If you were happy being the boards lone nutjob you'd also be happy to do it quietly....but not as happy as we'd be!

Now bugger off a get more bleach for cubicle three, janitor boy!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Az's back I see, never realised he was a Strongy alias.....

Nah, AZ has a sense of humour at least.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:21 am

superflyweight wrote:
Strongback wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Did you forget to include the word 'on' in that sentence pseudo boy?  Poor understanding and use of the word homunculus also.  I suppose I should expect nothing less from a pin head like yourself.

Yeah, was typing on my phone and still half asleep.  I stand by my use of the word "humunculus" though.

As for a general critique of your posting history - dog sh*t on a stick being waved about by someone desperate to be loved.  

Quite a crude line coming from a pseudo intellectual. I wouldn't like to think you wrote it in temper.

Being small but fully formed is not a precursor to a person being small minded intellectually. BTW I am 6'2 with a head size in excellent proportion to my body.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:26 am

Everytime Matchroom or Hearn gets brought up the same stuff happens, a thread gets hijacked and turned in to a stupid back and forth. Can we not try and have one day without this tired old rubbish?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:28 am

superflyweight wrote:Yeah, maybe we've be looking at Strongy all wrong.  Who would like to volunteer to go through his posting history to see if there is a theme of absurdist satire?  

You shouldn't volunteer you would be the last to recognize it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:34 am

hampo171 wrote:Everytime Matchroom or Hearn gets brought up the same stuff happens, a thread gets hijacked and turned in to a stupid back and forth. Can we not try and have one day without this tired old rubbish?

Just ban Strongy like Az & D4 got banned.  Not hard to see who the trouble-maker/first-class t!t is.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:35 am

superflyweight wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Az's back I see, never realised he was a Strongy alias.....

Nah, AZ has a sense of humour at least.  

I dunno, if you count laughing AT him then there's certainly a lot of humour to be had....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:35 am

hampo171 wrote:Everytime Matchroom or Hearn gets brought up the same stuff happens, a thread gets hijacked and turned in to a stupid back and forth. Can we not try and have one day without this tired old rubbish?

Fair enough Hampo I won't mention Hearn for the rest of the day. I appreciate your straight forward request as opposed to some who try to belittle me with their pseudo intellectual superiority.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:37 am

'try'?

That suggests some kind of effort is required.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:39 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Just ban Strongy like Az & D4 got banned.  Not hard to see who the trouble-maker/first-class t!t is.

Did you wave imaginary red cards at the referee when you played football?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 10 Apr 2014, 9:46 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:'try'?

That suggests some kind of effort is required.

To be honest I take little heed of your posts. When you start contributing a few ideas or formed opinions I'll be less likely to skim over your input.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next