The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Luton Town

5 posters

Go down

Congratulations Luton Town Empty Congratulations Luton Town

Post by The Womble Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:38 am

Well Done to Luton Town FC on their promotion to the football league. It's taken a little while and plenty of play off heartbreak, but they have finally made it back to where (I believe) they belong.

I look forward to our matches next season.

Wombles vs Hatters.

Any Luton fans on here?

Can they build on promotion and establish themselves as a league club or will it be a fight against the drop?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Luton Town Empty Re: Congratulations Luton Town

Post by hampo17 Wed 16 Apr 2014, 10:57 am

The gap between the conference and league two is small considering most clubs in the Conference are now professional, plus with their financial means (I'm sure they had the largest budget in that league) they should be fine.

Can't say I'm a fan of Luton personally, when I followed Wrexham around the country a lot of their fans were up their own backsides and their chairman is a complete tool.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 16 Apr 2014, 11:03 am

I'm sure they will be fine, I reckon mid table finish for them.

I have a soft spot for Luton, I really felt for their fans when we beat them in the play offs. No club want's to miss out on a league place on penalties. The fans I have encountered have always been really nice and friendly. Isn't it the chairman's prerogative to be a tool!!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:02 pm

True but there's a tool and then there's a full tool box Very Happy. He was on the radio moaning about an offside goal from previous play offs. Why not talk about your team going up Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 16 Apr 2014, 12:33 pm

I usually congratulate sides on promotion. But not Luton, nasty bunch of fans.

Big club and im a big fan of John Still and im sure they will be looking for promotion again from League 2 next season.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 16 Apr 2014, 2:19 pm

hampo171 wrote:True but there's a tool and then there's a full tool box Very Happy. He was on the radio moaning about an offside goal from previous play offs. Why not talk about your team going up Laugh

Laugh really? It clearly got to him then!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 17 Apr 2014, 7:42 am

Duplicate - posted in error.

Last edited by jbeadlesbigrighthand on Thu 17 Apr 2014, 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Thu 17 Apr 2014, 7:43 am

As a (not very active) Luton fan, thanks Womble. Not sure why Nick felt the need to make his contribution.

I think Luton should be fine in league 2. As pointed out, the difference isn't that great, and Luton will still be a big club for that level.

Hampo, I don't recall the incident you mention, but I would suspect it was just frustration and a fairly justified sense that fate is somewhat against the club. Nick Owen has been a fantastic chairman for Luton, who has pretty much literally saved the club. I'd say he's one of the best around. I also notice that he recently said he didn't watch the Cambridge game that sent Luton up because he didn't want to watch a game hoping for another team to lose.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu 17 Apr 2014, 9:05 pm

jbeadlesbigrighthand wrote:Not sure why Nick felt the need to make his contribution.

We ask ourselves that question for anything he posts Wink

As a Crawley fan, our experiences with Luton aren't exactly friendly, the season we won the Conference being the prime example. As soon as John Still got the job I expected them to come up, and I expect them to push on and challenge for promotion next season. Crawley did it, plenty of other sides also did it as well, Luton are quite short odds to also go from Conference to League One in two seasons. Congratulations.

A mate of mine is a big Luton fan, he actually came to Crawley games when we were in the Conference and Luton were in the Football League, he took a lot of banter when we eventually swapped positions!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down