The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Link for post fight interview with Degale please.

+6
The Galveston Giant
Liam_Main
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
BALTIMORA
azania
Raymond
10 posters

Go down

Link for post fight interview with Degale please.  Empty Link for post fight interview with Degale please.

Post by Raymond Sun 22 May 2011, 5:43 pm

I want to hear his excuse Smile

Raymond

Back to top Go down

Link for post fight interview with Degale please.  Empty Re: Link for post fight interview with Degale please.

Post by azania Sun 22 May 2011, 5:45 pm

Raymond wrote:I want to hear his excuse Smile

There isn't one. Warren spoke for him and said he was robbed and wants a re-match asap.

azania

Back to top Go down

Link for post fight interview with Degale please.  Empty Re: Link for post fight interview with Degale please.

Post by BALTIMORA Sun 22 May 2011, 5:47 pm

Yup. Degale couldn't handle the thought of being asked 'why the long face?'...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 22 May 2011, 5:50 pm

Degale was angered because he couldn't understand "how the challenger can nick it fighting on the back foot"

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sun 22 May 2011, 5:55 pm

He'll have too face the press at some point so it'll be interesting to see his reaction.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 22 May 2011, 5:57 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Degale was angered because he couldn't understand "how the challenger can nick it fighting on the back foot"

Shows the idiot that he is. Groves came into the fight as the commonwealth champion therefore he was defending that title.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 24 May 2011, 1:21 pm

azania wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Degale was angered because he couldn't understand "how the challenger can nick it fighting on the back foot"

Shows the idiot that he is. Groves came into the fight as the commonwealth champion therefore he was defending that title.

Yeah good point Az, pity it wasn't put too him at the time, what a muppet.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 24 May 2011, 1:34 pm

Degale has already acknowledged that Groves "nicked it". He is seemingly upset by this... Does he not understand that all fights cannot be ko's or wide UD's.

The key thing that Degale needs to remember than being of the back foot should not put you at a disadvantage with the judges. Aggression can be effective both going forward and moving back, Groves, in the judges eyes, displayed more.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 24 May 2011, 1:47 pm

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=post+fight+interview+with+Degale
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 24 May 2011, 2:33 pm

Dont think he has done a media interview but he said this in the Sun yesterday:

JAMES DeGALE insists he will bounce back from the first defeat of his pro career.
DeGale, 25, lost the British super-middleweight title to arch-rival George Groves in front of a packed at house at London's O2 Arena on Saturday night.

Chunky was stunned as his fellow Londoner added the domestic crown to his Commonwealth belt courtesy of a majority decision.

He immediately called for a rematch and claims nothing will stop him achieving his dream of winning a world title.

DeGale said: "I'm sorry at the result as I hate to disappoint but I'm dusting myself off, getting up and looking forward!

"It's not the end for me but a minor glitch. I'm young, strong and ready to stand firm by knowing in my heart the decision was unfair.

"What doesn't kill me, will make me stronger! To my supporters, it's your positivity and support that will help generate my unsurpassable strength, so thank you once again."

DeGale celebrated at the final bell but could not believe what he was hearing when the judges' scorecards were read out.

Richie Davies called it a 115-115 draw while Dave Parris and John Kean awarded it 115-114 to Groves.

The decision left DeGale fuming but he has vowed to put it behind him and waste no time in getting back in the gym.

DeGale added: "Losing is hard and losing by one point is even harder!

"But I'm a sportsman and take this defeat as one of those incidents where you can't explain the unexplainable.

"I'm not gonna lie, I'm surprised — and definitely disappointed.

"But I am a fighter and I'll do what I know best. I'll come back FIGHTING, harder, stronger, wiser and hungrier — trust me."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3595529/James-DeGale-insists-he-will-bounce-back-from-the-first-defeat-of-his-pro-career.html#ixzz1NBAn574t

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 24 May 2011, 2:42 pm

I think the quote from the Sun was taken from Flunky's website. He sounds bitter and if he fails to understand why he lost then it'll happen again.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 24 May 2011, 2:44 pm

Yep - and he doesnt even give any credit whatsoever to Groves who basically outsmarted him.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 24 May 2011, 3:07 pm

Dazstarr wrote:Yep - and he doesnt even give any credit whatsoever to Groves who basically outsmarted him.

Exactly. I do think he could have won if he'd been more proactive in the first half, although I'm immensely pleased for Groves. Thing is, it's all too easy for Degale to gripe and for Frank Warren to moan, but Degale has no-one to blame but himself. He inflated his ego beyond belief before the fight, and it's only served to make him look more stupid afterwards. One thing this fight has highlighted is just what a bitter, sour old man Warren is. He's an utterly pathetic figure and one who I really can't take seriously no matter what he says. After this fight I watched the press conference from Haye-Maccarinelli, when Haye & Booth failed to turn up and Warren had nothing but snide remarks, and he makes himself look utterly pathetic, to be honest.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 24 May 2011, 3:29 pm

Agreed - Warren must have been crying into his big pile of cash. DeGale was supposed to be his golden child after Khan left. Now he has been temporarily derailed, he throws his toys out of his pram.

He is a slimy nasty piece of work. His stable should leave him and head over to Matchroom.

Can't wait for his article in the Sun where he will claim he has been robbed blah blah blah, board should order a rematch blah blah.

By the way - i still think DeGale lost that fight in the first half by not being active enough - even though he was puzzled to Groves tactics - he should have thrown more leather. I had DeGale by 1 point but wont argue either way. The way I saw it - DeGale won round by round by Groves won the fight overall if that makes sense.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Yojimbonufc Tue 24 May 2011, 3:42 pm

Doubt we'll see much of chunky till his face heals up. He can't of expected Groves to land as much as he did on him.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Tue 24 May 2011, 7:03 pm

Degale done an interview with SSN. He said about how he was gutted about the controversial decision but said he's going to pick himself up and come back stronger than before.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down