The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview

+8
ONETWOFOREVER
owen10ozzy
hazharrison
joeyjojo618
Mr Bounce
Strongback
Scottrf
hampo17
12 posters

Go down

WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview Empty WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview

Post by hampo17 Thu 08 May 2014, 8:02 am

The World Boxing Council holds human equality as its banner and will not accept a former WBC champion to make racially offensive statements.

Since words have different meanings and can be interpreted in different ways , the WBC is issuing this open letter to Adrien Broner to either clarify what he meant with his words or to issue a public apology if those words were intended to be despective and offensive .

Adrien Broner is hereby suspended from participating in any WBC sanctioned Championship and will be excluded from the WBC Ratings until the time he makes a public apology satisfactorily to the public of the world.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview Empty Re: WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 May 2014, 8:15 am

Can't they just get Don King to shoot him?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview Empty Re: WBC Suspend Broner Following Post Fight Interview

Post by Strongback Thu 08 May 2014, 8:26 am

Just wants to emulate his hero Floyd who wore sombreros on his ring walks against Mexican fighters.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 08 May 2014, 8:45 am

Broner really is a first class plank. I think there will now be a queue of half decent fighters who really want to shut him up because he's such a playground bully. I hope to see him scrabbling around on the canvas on a tv near me sometime soon.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Thu 08 May 2014, 8:53 am

He got bounced around the ring by Maidana and it only kept him quiet for a couple of months. Not sure its possible to shut this guy up.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 08 May 2014, 9:11 am

If the WBC are going to ban fighters for offensive remarks they'll be out of business by Xmas.

Good.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 08 May 2014, 9:38 am

hazharrison wrote:If the WBC are going to ban fighters for offensive remarks they'll be out of business by Xmas.

Good.

Given the amount of stick everyone gives these sanctioning bodies it's nice to actually see one of them take a moral stand; not sure we should be poking fun at the idea or at them for this one Haz...regardless...as I said nice to see some people within the WBC have a moral fibre left in them; I like many just hope that Broner soon gets flattened (though not seriously hurt) in the very near future...Khan Nov/Dec anyone??!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 May 2014, 9:41 am

Remember Camacho saying something even worse in regard to Larry Holmes in a post fight interview.

Fighter's are fighter's what they do in the ring is far worse then what they utter in interviews.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu 08 May 2014, 9:49 am

That was then...this is now...just because there was no repercussions then doesn't mean we should overlook comments now.

Perhaps, but they are paid to get in the ring and do that; everyone watches them in the ring knowing what they are letting themselves in for...therefore the fans have no problem with this...racial connotations are something which myself and i'd guess most others do not abide by though.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 May 2014, 10:02 am

Boxers say things, they aint the brightest sparks out there. You don't play boxing if you can't take a few verbals then don't watch prize fighting.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 May 2014, 10:08 am

I'll be honest, I don't see how his comments are racist.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 May 2014, 10:19 am

With about 300 world belts to choose from I'm sure he's devastated..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Thu 08 May 2014, 10:27 am

I pretty much agree with you Scott. Unless I'm referring to a different interview (which I'm pretty sure I'm not), his remark was that a beat up a Mexican. Ok, he chucked in an expletive to add emphasis but I couldn't see any racist intent in his comment, particularly when he was making reference to several other nationalities.

When Broner beat Rees, if he had said that he had just whooped a Brit in his post fight interview would any of us (or Welsh people in particular) have called him a racist?

Make no mistake, I can't wait to see this guy take another pasting but I think people are being over sensitive about these comments.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 May 2014, 10:30 am

Yeah it's simply a play on words (and Mexican's aren't a race). Are we going to call every remark which makes a reference to nationality or race racism?

The comments you hear from commentators/journalists in reference to Mexicans being tough, or the coverage given to the amazement around Alvarez being a ginger Mexican are more like racism.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 May 2014, 10:37 am

Anyone would think the WBC is from Mexico............

Funny thing is when Camacho said "C'mon all you n***ers"".....He kept his WBC title...

Jose Suliaman was in charge then.............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 08 May 2014, 10:39 am

I heard Broner wants the winner of Brook v Khan

He said 'I want the winner of the fight between Amir-CAN and Tin-CAN'

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 May 2014, 10:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Anyone would think the WBC is from Mexico............

Funny thing is when Camacho said "C'mon all you n***ers"".....He kept his WBC title...

Camacho was from Spanish Harlem. Thats just the lingo always has been.

Plus his mother is black so there was no real issue with the statement just don't say such things in public in front of millions but we all know thats how New Yorkers talk.

No one was offended.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 08 May 2014, 10:44 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Anyone would think the WBC is from Mexico............

Camacho was from Spanish Harlem. Thats just the gringo always has been
You calling the Camacho a has been?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 08 May 2014, 10:44 am

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Plus his mother is black so there was no real issue
Oh come off it, you can't be serious?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 08 May 2014, 10:45 am

owen10ozzy wrote:
hazharrison wrote:If the WBC are going to ban fighters for offensive remarks they'll be out of business by Xmas.

Good.

Given the amount of stick everyone gives these sanctioning bodies it's nice to actually see one of them take a moral stand; not sure we should be poking fun at the idea or at them for this one Haz...regardless...as I said nice to see some people within the WBC have a moral fibre left in them; I like many just hope that Broner soon gets flattened (though not seriously hurt) in the very near future...Khan Nov/Dec anyone??!

A moral stand? The WBC? Where were the WBC when Floyd made racist remarks about Pacquiao? They don't care about morals, only sanctioning fees and Mexico.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 08 May 2014, 10:46 am

hazharrison wrote:A moral stand? The WBC? Where were the WBC when Floyd made racist remarks about Pacquiao?
What exactly did Floyd say about Poochio then?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 08 May 2014, 10:50 am

Scottrf wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Plus his mother is black so there was no real issue
Oh come off it, you can't be serious?

I am

and she is

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 08 May 2014, 10:52 am

In all fairness I called my misses a pathetic childish moody cow the other day...and she is so there was no real issue

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 May 2014, 10:54 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:With about 300 world belts to choose from I'm sure he's devastated..

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm sure he lost a lot of sleep. But gently drifted off and had a lovely wet dream about becoming the WBA Regular Champion
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 May 2014, 10:56 am

Steffan wrote:

I thought Cleverly was fighting him next?
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 08 May 2014, 11:06 am

This thread has the potential to demonstrate who the Ukip supporters are around here.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 08 May 2014, 11:06 am

Allegedly...........Hearn put Broner up to it.. Wink 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 08 May 2014, 11:17 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Allegedly...........Hearn put Broner up to it.. Wink 

Hearn doesn't make money off Broner, if he did though......

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 08 May 2014, 12:20 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
Steffan wrote:

I thought Cleverly was fighting him next?
Yes Cleverly is fighting him next. Is Clev still knocking off your sister by the way?

I heard after a few Vodkas she hits him harder than Kovalev did...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 08 May 2014, 1:53 pm

Haha!! Naw shes a lot softer and gentle than ole Serge!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down