The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections.

+10
lostinwales
No 7&1/2
GloriousEmpire
Notch
Hound of Harrow
Irish Londoner
Barney McGrew did it
Geordie
LondonTiger
Scrumpy
14 posters

Go down

Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections. Empty Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections.

Post by Scrumpy Wed Apr 30 2014, 09:34

No no no....

I know things get a little heated at times between rival fans on sites such as this, but even considering segregation at the games biggest event is a massive mistake. Just because most of the games are in football stadiums doesn't mean we are going to act like thugs.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/rugby-world-cup/10793355/Rugby-World-Cup-2015-Organisers-consider-sitting-fans-in-rival-sections.html

The poll being run is would rugby be better with segregation

Yes 3.55% (132 votes)
No 96.45% (3,591 votes)

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections. Empty Re: Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections.

Post by LondonTiger Wed Apr 30 2014, 09:40

Looks like Mick Cleary is being his usual prattish self and turning a story where there is none. there is a material lack of quotes in the article for instance.

anyway it would be impossible to do this, with the way tickets are sold. Those sold via the visiting unions will be in blocks - but they are now anyway - the rest are for sale to all and any.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections. Empty Re: Really hope this isn't true - RWC2015 Organisers consider sitting fans in rival sections.

Post by Geordie Wed Apr 30 2014, 10:12

I believe the IRB have already tweeted that this is absolutely NOT going to happen.

All fans will be kept mixed. Thats the great part of rugby.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney McGrew did it Wed Apr 30 2014, 10:50

I don't mind where I sit so long as it's not next to ge

And it's near the toilets
Barney McGrew did it
Barney McGrew did it

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed Apr 30 2014, 12:16

Apparently proposed and immeadiately turned down - but a good excuse for the DT to have a pop at the IRB over a non-existant issue.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed Apr 30 2014, 17:24

There's a huge difference between 'considering it' and stating it will happen.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Apr 30 2014, 17:25

Yeah, I doubt it will happen.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu May 01 2014, 08:10

Barney McGrew did it wrote:I don't mind where I sit so long as it's not next to ge

As an All Blacks fan I'm all for segregation. It'd be nice to be surrounded by other winners rather than amongst a rabble of disappointed and dejected losers bringing down my victory high to be honest.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu May 01 2014, 08:22

What if you change back to supporting England though GE?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu May 01 2014, 09:00

Collections of England supporters don't work well. You only need half a dozen and the proximity of arrogance particles reaches critical mass and there is invariably a sickening explosion of parochial nationalism replete with the hideous distortion of humanity into uncoordinated hand pumping dances and off key bellowing of Incongruous southern spiritual numbers. It's not worth considering.

No wonder the IRB are at pains to point out this can never be allowed to happen again.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu May 01 2014, 09:05

It must have reached epic proportions when you were donning your nice white shirt. Thank goodness you moved to the dark side!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu May 01 2014, 09:54

GloriousEmpire wrote:
Barney McGrew did it wrote:I don't mind where I sit so long as it's not next to ge

As an All Blacks fan I'm all for segregation. It'd be nice to be surrounded by other whiners rather than amongst a rabble of disappointed and dejected losers bringing down my victory high to be honest.

Small change. And sorry I know I shouldn't but I couldn't resist

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Thu May 01 2014, 10:56

Not a million miles away from the subject.....but I had the best news this morning, our club allocation has now cut off and our RFU Tickets secretary has informed all that the England games have been oversubscribed so these will be drawn out of a hat in a week.  I put in for 4 tickets to NZ v Tonga and 4 v Georgia and I have been successful!  Have to ride my luck for 2 x finals tickets but hoping I’ll get them!

Brilliant, can’t wait for this tournament!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu May 01 2014, 12:17

I feel this is an apt moment mintie to say the love is strong between us and I would very much like to watch those games with you.  Hug 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu May 01 2014, 13:21

As already pointed out it's about blocking groups of fans together (as is already done, especially in European club finals). Common practice where large numbers of neutrals are expected.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Thu May 01 2014, 13:55

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:I feel this is an apt moment mintie to say the love is strong between us and I would very much like to watch those games with you.  Hug 

You'll have to face off against my wife and kids I'm afraid Kia!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Thu May 01 2014, 14:38

You can bring the wife but I'll take on your kids. They're young, right?  Very Happy 

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Thu May 01 2014, 18:46

No 7&1/2 wrote:It must have reached epic proportions when you were donning your nice white shirt. Thank goodness you moved to the dark side!

No I realised about then it would never work out. I kept trying to help them see perspective. But apparently some of the older fans had never seen England score a try before.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri May 02 2014, 07:58

Funny cos it was just after we beat NZ. Few tries scored in that one to the men in white!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri May 02 2014, 08:26

Not at all. I became disenfranchised with England around 2002 when we relied too heavily on What I still consider illegal ruck and maul tactics and the boring 10 man game with endless faux injury breaks and monotonous 3 point attempts.

It's encouraging that England are now seeking to mimick NZ in all regards - including naming as many Kiwis as possible in the side.

It's a shame the RFU ambition to name kiwi coaches too didn't eventuate because as it stands the game plan is more of a weak water colour copy than genuine 15 man innovation - however it shows signs of promise and when the ex-pat army of Tuilagi, the Vunipolas, dylan Hartley et al are firing then England look a decent side.

It was indeed a great relief for England to break their decade long duck against NZ albeit when NZ were suffering norovirus - and to come within two converted tries again a year later shows some sign of progress.

Let's hope the test series stuffing that awaits them doesn't unsettle the plans too much, it's be a shame to watch England go through yet another shambolic implosion as they did on their last couple of visits to NZ.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri May 02 2014, 08:28

Oh. So why were you supporting England when you came on these boards? Was it just a ruse or you were ashamed to being a Kiwi at the time?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri May 02 2014, 08:33

I always support England in the six nations. I don't see how that conflicts with being a kiwi. Surely it's only appropriate that I would lend my support to my host country while I'm here? It staggers me that you find this anomalous. Although given the way ex-pat poms behave in NZ - perhaps I see your source of confusion.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri May 02 2014, 08:35

Do we really have to dig up some of your old posts again GE? You're a bit see through, almost like a ghost.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri May 02 2014, 08:38

Dig away me old mucker. Now I will confess that from time to time my frustration with England's utter failure to deliver on their potential and overwhelming resources does lead me to the odd despairing post - but that's all part of lending support. Tough love and all that.  I guarantee I've seen more England games at twickenham this year than the average "fan". So hard to doubt my credentials on that score.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri May 02 2014, 08:40

Some would say it's an obsession GG.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri May 02 2014, 08:53

You can find some who say pretty much anything.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri May 02 2014, 08:54

You really can.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Fri May 02 2014, 12:19

No 7&1/2 wrote:Do we really have to dig up some of your old posts again GE? You're a bit see through, almost like a ghost.

or even a grey ghost!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down